Search results

1. A

So how is everyone?

Hi Nikola, long time no see! Funny how eventually we all return to look around and see what has become of PWO. It seems quiet, very different to the old xat days of 2009.
  2. A

If you were a staff member, how would you contribute?

I am more interested in the "back of house" stuff - content creation and quality control. I guess it is a reflection on personality - wanting to stay out of the spotlight whilst being creative and having fun with the map design and thinking of all the content (NPC dialogue, spawns etc.) that...
  3. A

Map Contest Weekend Event. Closed!

Great idea to run a mapping contest! Shame I didn't check back any earlier, I would have liked taking a squiz at the outcome :)
  4. A

Game: Christmas Event

I've changed Neil so that he is re-battleable every day (like a Gym leader), but we are working on a proper fix for this - the one day rebattle thing is only a temporary solution. In the meantime I suggest go enjoy the other parts of the event, you should be able to re-enter the Ice Maze anytime...
  5. A

If youre in Johto, talk to Jangle near the Olivine wharf and he will take you there. If youre in Kanto talk to Jingle on the Vermilion wharf and he will take you there.
  6. A

Well its on a whole other level to the usual Festive Town shenanigans, :P Hopefully you all enjoy the maps, they were literally many years in the making - originally planned for the 2010 Winter Event which for a few reasons didnt go ahead. Big thank you to Glaceon and Manu who made some of the...
  7. A

Mt Silver Feedback

The reason we mostly left out the water and went for more creative maps was because the original maps needed HMs to navigate that we dont have (Flash, Waterfall, Rock Climb). Also we wanted the cave system to be a bit of a challenge because it would be one of the highest leveling areas of PWO...
  8. A

Blue's Log Of Updates

Java updates... Ugh
  9. A

Game: What we are working on.

Currently there is no way for us to code NPCs so that they use things like Full Restore, potions or even what moves their pokemon use. We can give them pokemon to use, and the levels for the pokemon to be, but that is basically it.
  10. A

Events and no Fixes?

Were you there when Johto was added to the game for the first time? Somehow I doubt that you were. When Johto was added for the first time, sure players were excited. That is, untill they discovered that Johto was incomplete, had no gyms, no decent NPCs, no quests, horribly buggy maps (walking...
  11. A

Events and no Fixes?

If by recently you mean from about early 2009 onwards, when crenel and Saberjustice said "screw this" and began organising the staff (which at that time were GML (GMs in training) and above) into different groups to add content. That was the very beginning of the staff structure we see today...
  12. A

Events and no Fixes?

The other bits of your quote have already been answered by other members of staff, but I felt that I should reply to this as well since my name has been dragged up here lol. During the time that you were talking about, when Nee, Crenel and I worked together to create new areas and update what...
  13. A

Game - Spring Event (Secrets Unlocked)

Lee teleported everyone out of Mt Shiny, and the NPCs have been removed so you cant get there anymore.
  14. A

Check out what I found

Naero found an archive of the PWO forums from around the start of 2009, that I was looking through last night. So many memories from then, it was very nostalgic and funny to see our younger selves posting lol. (Hence I dragged up my old forum avatar)
  15. A

Welcome back Arenya?

Nawww thanks <3 Its good to be back, I like helpingout more than playing the game anyways, :P
  16. A

Welcome back Arenya?

Yarp, I be mapping again! Thanks for the wb Mist, Im glad I havent been completly forgotten by all, :P
  17. A

Some Jinji answers about new regions for coming into PWO

In related news to the semi related news mad posted above, my msn is still the same as it always has been, but I need to reinstall it if I want to use it. I have no idea what that means, just sayin'
  18. A

Nuuu, not my darling ponies! In a lame attempt to get back on topic, a Kanto Battle Frontier would be something that I would never use but other people would probably find great joy in.
  19. A

I know, how could you!
  20. A

Pssh, I cant even spell grammer right, plus Im too lazy to use apostrophes 87.63% of the time! Clearly that is a lame attempt at impersonating the great me!