Mt Silver Feedback

mad30

Youngster
We would like to hear your feedback regarding Mt silver, it's maps and the quest.

Not sure what you should give on feedback? Here a few questions you could answer:
What did you enjoy, did not enjoy about the quest?
What would you change about the quest?
What is your opinions on the maps?
What exceeded your expectations?
What do you think wasn't done quite as well?
How would you compare the quest, and the maps to other quests and maps in pwo?
What would you suggest to the staff to make the next content update more enjoyable?

psychosamm

Youngster
- I enjoyed getting to explore Mt. Silver, along with the cool experience of fighting Moltres, as short lived as it was. I did not enjoy having to deal with bugged NPC's, ex: Hiker Goodes, who when you beat doesn't give you the feather, or at least in my case he didn't. However after a suggstion to fight wild pokemon right next to him he eventually gave the feather to me. A quest isn't as exciting when you get roadblocked by bugged NPC's. Also apparently whatever is wrong with Ethan keeps you from going to MT Silver summit after you talk to Adena in her lab. Which is a bummer cause people would still like to go to the summit and go hunt in that little cave, or just chill on the summit. :p

-I would just fix the bugs, aside from that the quest is cute and fun, its sort of mystical to find the 'legendary' Moltres. Though with the feathers thing most people just ask where they are because its kind of hard to find an invisible item, so it kind of looses the point of hunting for the feathers.

I think the maps are great! I looove the mountainsides, especially upper mountainside. One thing though is that on lower mountainside when you go up the stairs you kind of go through the ground at a certain point. The first floor is very well made, its almost like a maze, though it gets kind of annoying having to work your way through it every single time.

The maps actually exceeded my expectations, they were very well made and thought out, very creative and enjoyable to explore through.

Though i'm sure the quest wasn't exactly easy to make, and i'm sure bugs were expected, i would have to say the quest has the lowest score out of all the elements, due to the several problems involving NPCs.

I would say the maps are by far better than anything else custom made. Not because the others were bad, but because this was made on a grand scale, and very well made. The quest was much easier than both CC Quest and Dragons Den quest, though the reward for Mt Silver was much less than the other two, which would justify the easiness.

What would you suggest to the staff to make the next content update more enjoyable?
To be honest i can't really come up with anything besides making the future quest longer, but not necessarily more challenging, i'd like more of a story than some of the other quests that are like "Oh go to Bob and get this" "Oh i dont have it go to Jim, he has it" "Oh sorry i dont have it go to Sally".

Saric

Youngster
It was something new to do, despite its faults.

It's not very practical to go anywhere once you're up to the 5th floor without an escape rope or something.

Overall I found it well done.

Nothing really exceeded them or overly stood out.

The length of the traveling and the NPCs that pertain to the quest (namely the ones who give you the feathers)

Not really no.

Go through rigorous testing on all of the NPCs to make sure they work and work well so the quest can be completed.
Put some sort of NPC or service if it's overly far from where the eventual destination is and the next PC. Quests should be designed with this in mind so players actually find it worthwhile to go there and stay there.

Naero

mad30 said:

It was a new activity to partake in after exhausting other tasks I was working on in the game, and - albeit, it was a short-lived quest - it was interesting to explore Mt. Silver throughout the expedition. It was a quest that had magnetism and generated more activity on the game - even if the area was exclusively accessible by members for its opening weekend, the premise was still lively, comparable to seasonal events.

Not only did its difficulty cater to those who desire a challenge rather than sheer luck (i.e.: the objective of hunting an elusive Dratini in the Dragon's Den Quest), but it was less ill-prepared than the Dragon's Den Quest; aside from one major bug with the Ethan NPC (which has its own workaround), it was much more free of bugged obstacles, paving the way for us to complete it much faster than the DD quest has been accomplished.

Currently, there is not much I can think of. of which the current scripting system can support, but I did not find the rewards the most compelling. It can be argued that the rewards should commensurate with difficulty - in retrospect that this quest is perhaps the easiest of all of the post-16 badge quests - but aside from the Moltres battle and the improved encounter odds for Larvitar on the 5th floor, I did not find the rewards that compelling.

Regardless, the area is one of the more potent training areas in the game, and since the typical requirement of completion of a quest to access an area was not included in this case, that really cuts out a significant reward that we strived for in previous quests. The omission of this requirement is not one I'm complaining about, however; rather, it should be made an even more ideal training area, as the highest floor is rather distant from the Pokemon center in the exterior area of Mt. Silver. Unlocking an NPC's services by the Pokemon center, which offers you a shortcut to the 5th floor, or a remotely close area, would be an appealing quest reward to a lot of players - and I understand that a one-way NPC is already in the works, just getting my thoughts out there.

Although a little tricky to navigate through, that's the fun part about maps. :p It was also interesting to explore custom expansions of the map used in the handheld games, such as the additional floors to note one.

A more creative approach to the addition of the maps were taken, rather than replicating the entirety of the map, as it has been done for other maps that have been added in the past.

I did not find it as challenging or intricate of a quest as the Dragon's Den and Cerulean Cave quest - simply on the element of being more short-lived than them. I just personally feel that the only "challenging" requirement was simply the traveling patience, to talk to NPCs in various floors of the area. However, I do understand that the playability of quests is currently limited by a scripting system which has room for improvement.

Also, although the quest seems to have been more thoroughly tested than previous quests, the bug with Ethan's NPC was a bit of a setback, even if a contemporary workaround can be done to avail. Bugs that inhibit one from completing the quest aren't easily that dismissive, but reiterating, it was a smoother gameplay experience than the Dragon's Den Quest, nonetheless.

I found it more straightforward, due to being able to complete the entire quest within the scope of Mt. Silver itself without any prior preparation (which is expected, since the quest itself is not required to access the area initially). It's also a quest which did not require much skill, wealth, or luck - compared to other quests that required you to obtain a valuable item (Dragon Scale in the CC quest, for example) or sheer luck (hunting the Dratini in the Dragon's Den Quest); it mainly just boiled down to following NPC directions, and patience to navigate through the cave to other quest points. Notably, it is also the first quest I can recall that coincided with the addition of an area, in which the quest was not mandatory to access the new area.

Personally, I would like the scripting system improved first before any new major quest is added, to enhance the playability of the quest. That will improve the possibilities and enhance the gameplay experience provided by quests, rather than the simplistic "Hunt this Pokemon/item", "Speak to these NPCs sequentially", "Complete this quiz", etc... elements which have been commonly invoked in all quests I can recall.

Even with the current functionality, I would also prefer a more challenging quest to unlock an area of this caliber - just not tedious tasks which revolve around luck for encountering a Pokemon/item. Currently, I do not find much finesse required in the current quests; just the trial-and-error process for interacting with the environment, speaking to NPCs in a specific sequence, among other elements that have been mentioned already.

Just my 2 cents for now.

darkdane

I enjoyed the whole experience in finding all the feathers, going to all the floors and new areas, and just getting newer opportunities. Nothing too important that I didn't enjoy.

Well, not that I like long quests but if it was a little longer it would be a little better. But, a major thought for Pokemon would have to be changing up some spawns in from my thoughts. I was thinking why isn't there Pupitar and Magmar/Magby in Mt Silver like in the original games? I know you guys tend to change things up but I was kinda expecting those two. Pupitar would fit perfectly with the 5th floor since the NPC mentions him basically, and Magmar/Magby would fit in replace of Steelix. I know what your thinking, there's Onix's all throughout the mountain and it's pretty much named after it, "Mt Silver" "Steelix" pretty much the same. But everyone would probably want it more then Steelix in there, plus you can easily now get a Steelix from the Onix's turning rare in there and getting metal coat's from Magnemite's is easy. If you guys think you shouldn't replace it, then could you still add Magmar/Magby with the 1st and 2nd Floor? (can't remember if Steelix is also in the 3rd one or not). Besides all of this, everything seems fine :)

There pretty neat. I would wanna say more about it but all I really can say is there pretty cool.

What I didn't expect was there being as many floors and the part when Moltres comes in lol. I was expecting Moltres for the Indigo Plateau instead of the Mountain. That makes me wonder more since I heard a while ago maybe 3 years ago there was a event when you could verse Zapdos in the Power Plant, would the next quest involve Articuno? Anyways it was still a great idea in my opinion.

I'm not too picky when it comes to graphics but maybe the coloring in the cave and maybe more more of a bigger area in the mountain sides. This personally is a mutual question so it doesn't have to apply :)

I kinda think of the Cerulean Cave when I go in on the 5th Floor of Mt Silver. The quest has it's own quality. I would wanna say more about this, but it pretty much sums it up.

Like I subjected before, maybe a quest that involves Articuno? If that doesn't work sooner, then possibly more of the 3rd Generation Region. I've been waiting for that to come ever since I joined PWO, it's my favorite region and has all the unique structures, gyms, pokemon, and music! I'm not sure if there will be music as such like in the games, maybe a remix of them if it comes to it. I remember for some reason crying hearing the Littleroot Town theme when I was in 2nd Grade, it just touched me deep with a connection. Anyways, everything you make is enjoyable just so you guys know and I hope for the greatness to come soon. Thanks ~

~ Dane

FroggeReborn

The chance to battle another Legendary like Moltres was fun :) although i do have a suggestion, maybe for Christmas Event we can have an event that lets us battle Articuno in Seaform Islands. Ive seen Zapdos and Moltres but not Articuno yet ):

Ramensnoodle

Youngster
Main thing i dislike is the 1f map, its too large imo. Compared to the other floors it just too big maybe if all the npcs there battled you it would make more sence to have it that large.
What i'd like to see in coming updates to the zone is more npc battles because there are so many npcs that are not part of the quest that do nothing.

CoolKnightST

I would just be nice that all legendary can be fight from an npc during an quest somehow.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
I'm not going to add another tl:dr post. :p I'll just say the new area is everything I expected it to be, and I think a job very well done by all involved. The quest was good also, though short as has been commented already but that's nothing major, just that I like as many diversions from grinding as I can find personally, so the more and longer the quests we can get the better. :)

Not sure I have much else to add. I do remember in HG and SS I think there was plenty of water to surf around in between caves at the beginning, so I did miss the water areas. They'd be especially good for electric, grass and fighting leveling up which can be difficult against the high level bats (er, and ground pokes with EQ). O0

So that's about it. I'm still up in summit cave grinding away. I've been there about 30 hours or so this week I think and will probably be there a while yet. When I finally do leave that cave I've still got steelix to find to add to my hr collection.

Arenya

Website
www.dezeen.com
HitmonFonty said:
Not sure I have much else to add. I do remember in HG and SS I think there was plenty of water to surf around in between caves at the beginning, so I did miss the water areas. They'd be especially good for electric, grass and fighting leveling up which can be difficult against the high level bats (er, and ground pokes with EQ).
The reason we mostly left out the water and went for more creative maps was because the original maps needed HMs to navigate that we dont have (Flash, Waterfall, Rock Climb). Also we wanted the cave system to be a bit of a challenge because it would be one of the highest leveling areas of PWO, so we came up with the bigger cave system and outside areas that we have now. Maybe we can add in a lake that you need to cross on 1F though, it is an possibility to consider...

Anyways, it was interesting to read through, thanks for the comments everyone, :)

guglio13

can i make a question? (just for curiosity) why did u close a part of cave? (only scientist access) ty for your work :D

Naero

guglio13 said:
can i make a question? (just for curiosity) why did u close a part of cave? (only scientist access) ty for your work :D

Which area are you referring to? To my knowledge, there are some roadblocks, but you can be granted access past all of them if you completed the required objectives in the quest; for example, you can not access the 3rd floor until you spoke to Professor Adena in the lab on the lower mountainside.

guglio13

nono i have made all the quest.....i mean, out from the 5th floor there is the upper montuainside. going down, near the grass there was a cave in which i used to go....now they said that there is Scientist Jordan at the enter that say " Stop! This area is off-limits to all non-scientist, this cave is designedd as larvitar conservation area"....the funny part is that 3 days ago i was into this area then i log off.....now when i log in im still into that, the only one survived :D

Merse

Youngster
There is a part which is closed indeed, it's part of F5 or F4. That part was totally empty, out of sight and out of the main road between the levels. Perfect spot for botting.
It was open when Mt. Silver was opened, it got closed later. I think it's a good decision and it also gives a possibility to expand the quest(s) on Mt. Silver later ;)

SOULTAKER1994

Well Getting Moltress's data in the Pokedex was fun :) n the fact that larvi was Being available was good to :)
Would add more NPC's
The maps are great but the use of Zubats,Golbats just ruined it :(
the lvl 99 Moltress T_T
There should have been a PC to heal somewhere on the lower mountainside.
This one was one of the most easy quests in pwo :)
Remove some of the bats :( add a different Common like Geodude? or Digletts