What Would You Like To Suggest To Improve The Wiki?

G

Naero said:
Limitless said:
I looked over Tenfold's page, and it seems he has a lot down there. However the big mass of information is hard to read, and to find what you're looking for seems a bit harder than it should be.

For this, a simple ctrl + f and typing in the area name you seek information for should do the trick for page navigation.

Touche, my good friend. Touche.

I sent in a request right now, I'll start my recordings later today.
:) Thanks a lot for the help, and quick too.
I hope this all turns out well, and I hope we can fill in some of those missing spots haha.

Naero

Azuri said:
I'd suggest adding the pokémon that aren't there right now. Take a look at this http://iblamelee.co.uk/pwo/wiki/index.p ... oken_Store page (The pokémon you can buy with Tokens) a lot of them are unavailable in the wiki.

This has already been noted on the task list for the creation of the remainder of the undocumented Pokemon pages. It's mostly 3rd generation Pokemon whose pages are missing - those of which haven't been prioritized in the past due to their unavailability as wild spawns. Regardless, if you seek information on those missing-page Pokemon, this is still available from the Pokedex/Pokemon location/etc functions on playerdex, which provide automated data; it's always up-to-date as that information is drawn from the database, which can be seen as more resourceful as the PWO wiki Pokemon in general.

Limitless said:
http://iblamelee.co.uk/pwo/wiki/index.php?title=Starter_Island

Opinions on the guide?
I'll add anything you guys feel is worth adding in.
I feel like it explains pretty much everything that needs explaining.

I believe it summarizes the area, and the quest that it entails, pretty well, and it covers everything that is notable about it. However, for better organization purposes, I would suggest adding sections/sub-sections for different pieces of information, for a more navigation-friendly layout of information.

To add a section header, enclose it in == == marks; to add a sub-section, enclose the sub-section header in === === marks (an additional one on each side), and the continuous pattern is self-explanatory. Example:
==Section Header==
===Sub-section Header==
==Section Header 2==
===Sub-section Header 1==
===Sub-section Header 2==

To apply that for your page in particular (IMO of how the layout scheme should be arranged)

Initial overview paragraph(s) on the area itself.
==Series of mini-quests== <- Paraphrased, but feel free to rename it to your choosing. This includes details on mini-quests required to obtain pokeballs/potions/a pokedex/pokemoney.
Speaking to the old man NPC to proceed to the next segment of starter's island.
===Mini-quest 1===
===Mini-quest 2===
===Mini-quest 3===
===Mini-quest 4===
==Departing==
==Overview Map== <- Not entirely necessary, but viewers may be interested in viewing the map of the entire area - an image which will be retrievable in the following article I'm about to explain my additional note.

Additional Note: This page has technically already been created here, but your page includes a lot more details that improve the original page significantly. I would request an active member of the wiki staff to move the page, which renames it, or to copy/paste your information to the linked page (as that's technically more preferential as the article name, as that is widely acknowledged name of the area), and change the "Starter Island" article to a redirect page, redirecting to the other article.

Minor Suggestion(s): Quoted from your article:
He'll ask you what region you want to start at, Kanto or Johto. When you finish Kanto you can go to Johto, and vice versa.

The Choice
Kanto is where Red/Blue/Yellow, and FireRed/LeafGreen took place. Johto is where Gold/Silver/Crystal, and SoulSilver/HeartGold took place.

To make this a little more concise, I would simply mark both regions as internal links, which link to articles that explain the regions fairly well for those players who are curious about the distinctions between them.

Exemplification (including usage of the wiki markup language):
Code:
He'll prompt you to choose region you want to start at, [[Kanto]] or [[Johto]]. When you finish Kanto you travel to Johto, and vice versa.

G

Edited the guide, added in your suggestions.

It looks way better than it did before, your suggestions really helped.
If you have any more, I'll be sure to add them in.
Naero said:
Additional Note: This page has technically already been created here, but your page includes a lot more details that improve the original page significantly. I would request an active member of the wiki staff to move the page, which renames it, or to copy/paste your information to the linked page (as that's technically more preferential as the article name, as that is widely acknowledged name of the area), and change the "Starter Island" article to a redirect page, redirecting to the other article.

Who would I have to talk to, to have this done?

Naero

Anyone in the editor's group, or any wiki staff group higher on the hierarchy, is enprivileged to moving pages.

However, simply copying/pasting the contents of your page to the Starters Island (not all of it should be replaced IMO, as some of the existing content on that page could be revised to merge it accordingly to your page) and replacing the source of the Starter Island page with a redirect statement is essentially the same thing as moving one page to another, and it might get it done in a more timely fashion. To insert the redirect statement, the following syntax is:
Code:
#REDIRECT [[Starters Island]]

cyy5113

Just created some new page for Beldum, Makuhita, Spheal.
Updated infomation about Koffing.
Update some images, info and moves for Duskull, Carvanha.
Those new pages still lack of information, waiting to be added.

G

I've created a Johto Train Pass Quest, Quest Guide so that can be removed from here. And I'm adding around 3-5 new Gen 3 Pokemon a day, the count is now to 35 or so Gen III pokemon, while when I started it was around 5 or so. Mainly I havent been able to add many Gen III as it takes around 20 minutes just to do one mainly because I have to look up the move set and make a new set of code for each move set if I don't already have it written down on my NotePad, it'll probably be another 2 weeks before I'll be anywhere near done making all the Gen III Pokemon Pages. Also as of right now, I've implemented new NPC tables which can be seen on Route 1 which I will begin to implement thorughout once I have the information from Limitless about how much REP each NPC gives out. A couple more improvements throughout, but that's about it.

G

AntiKing said:
I've created a Johto Train Pass Quest, Quest Guide so that can be removed from here. And I'm adding around 3-5 new Gen 3 Pokemon a day, the count is now to 35 or so Gen III pokemon, while when I started it was around 5 or so. Mainly I havent been able to add many Gen III as it takes around 20 minutes just to do one mainly because I have to look up the move set and make a new set of code for each move set if I don't already have it written down on my NotePad, it'll probably be another 2 weeks before I'll be anywhere near done making all the Gen III Pokemon Pages. Also as of right now, I've implemented new NPC tables which can be seen on Route 1 which I will begin to implement thorughout once I have the information from Limitless about how much REP each NPC gives out. A couple more improvements throughout, but that's about it.

Already on my way to Vermillion, took longer than expected since I started with Charmander, and the server being down when I'm on.

I've been recorded all the Rep so far, been doing good.
-What are we going to do for the nameless trainers?
-I've had 2-3 NPCs give me .1 rep, is this a glitch? I was under the assumption they give .2 and up.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Limitless said:
-I've had 2-3 NPCs give me .1 rep, is this a glitch? I was under the assumption they give .2 and up.
Call them 'Unknown' - it's what i'm doing for the Playerdex Phonebook.
As for the second issue, the rep can vary - if you want me to extra check rep requirements and given rep, just leave a message on the talk page I recently made on the Wiki.

Professor.Oak

Yeah Unknown will have to do until they get names,which might not be for a long while.

And, I couldn't find your Talk Page at all, not by going through the "recent changes" anyways.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
For any users on a MediaWiki-powered Wiki who have bothered to make a profile for themselves, you can find their profile by searching for User:(Their name); and their talk page by searching for User talk:(Their name).

So, to find Bluerise's talk page, search for User talk:Reborn on the Wiki. Similarly, if you wanted mine, search for User talk:Jinji

G

Ah I see, the problem was I didn't know Reborn was Bluerise, theres no real indication of it anywhere in the talk-page :p Thanks.

G

Bluerise said:
Limitless said:
As for the second issue, the rep can vary - if you want me to extra check rep requirements and given rep, just leave a message on the talk page I recently made on the Wiki.

So..many unknown people.
Route 11, and Routes 9-10.

I'm just going to put "Unknown Lass" and just put a title after unknown so we know which ones they actually are.

Any idea when the names for the NPC's are going to be implemented?

G

I think it would be great if there was a page that lists all the major systems that aren't implemented yet, such as no genders, no usable TMs, no abilities, etc. I just registered and have been in the process of planning out my team, and have had to revise it several times after finding out that they aren't available yet, and not finding this out until after I was mostly finished and happened to read a comment or offhanded remark. It would be nice if they were all listed in one place on the wiki.

Professor.Oak

Neyana said:
I think it would be great if there was a page that lists all the major systems that aren't implemented yet, such as no genders, no usable TMs, no abilities, etc. I just registered and have been in the process of planning out my team, and have had to revise it several times after finding out that they aren't available yet, and not finding this out until after I was mostly finished and happened to read a comment or offhanded remark. It would be nice if they were all listed in one place on the wiki.

As per your request, I've added a page which list most of the missing and broken features that I could think of off the Top of my head.

http://iblamelee.co.uk/pwo/wiki/index.p ... g_Features

If you or anyone else can think of anything else to add to it, I will gladly edit it in.

Professor.Oak

Limitless said:
Bluerise said:
Limitless said:

So..many unknown people.
Route 11, and Routes 9-10.

I'm just going to put "Unknown Lass" and just put a title after unknown so we know which ones they actually are.

Any idea when the names for the NPC's are going to be implemented?

Yeah almost all Johto NPC's don't have names so I just simply put their first Pokemon to Identify it too.
But yeah Unknown Lass would type of thing is the same thing I did.

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
Schweet, I now have a wiki account so give me outdated information/pages to add and I will do them.

Dragonshalo16

I suggest you add extrasensory to the broken move list,due to flinching not being implemented into PWO.