What Would You Like To Suggest To Improve The Wiki?

J

jeremyquas

If it hasn't been suggested yet I think it'd be cool if there was a basic over used pokemon list like there was on the old wiki. With a few of the pokes best moves and such, and a reason for it being OU. Just saiying.

Naero

Hello.

Sorry that I haven't been keeping this task list as organized as I intended to as of recent.

Anyways, I understand that for a while, many have been requesting pages on the wiki that include specific, PWO-relevant information on PWO moves (namely their base power, accuracy, whether they're physical/special/status-ailment, etc...). Although I was supportive of the concept, I never added it to the task list, simply because I did not have access to such data.

Courtesy of Tenfold, moves that use Physical and Special attack have been compiled onto respective pages; and the corresponding base power/accuracy of each damage-dealing move has also been listed.

http://iblamelee.co.uk/pwo/wiki/index.p ... ical_Moves
http://iblamelee.co.uk/pwo/wiki/index.p ... cial_Moves
http://iblamelee.co.uk/pwo/wiki/index.p ... atus_Moves

We look to update all individual pokemon pages, to include such information in their move set tables soon. I hope you will find this content very resourceful. ;)

webiando17

Naero said:
Hello.

Sorry that I haven't been keeping this task list as organized as I intended to as of recent.

Anyways, I understand that for a while, many have been requesting pages on the wiki that include specific, PWO-relevant information on PWO moves (namely their base power, accuracy, whether they're physical/special/status-ailment, etc...). Although I was supportive of the concept, I never added it to the task list, simply because I did not have access to such data.

Courtesy of Tenfold, moves that use Physical and Special attack have been compiled onto respective pages; and the corresponding base power/accuracy of each damage-dealing move has also been listed.

http://iblamelee.co.uk/pwo/wiki/index.p ... ical_Moves
http://iblamelee.co.uk/pwo/wiki/index.p ... cial_Moves
http://iblamelee.co.uk/pwo/wiki/index.p ... atus_Moves

We look to update all individual pokemon pages, to include such information in their move set tables soon. I hope you will find this content very resourceful. ;)

AWESOME !!!!!! THANKS Naeropedia !!! >:D ill try and donate to keep u add free ...

this is great thanks again. >:D

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
webiando17 said:
AWESOME !!!!!! THANKS Naeropedia !!! >:D ill try and donate to keep u add free ...

this is great thanks again. >:D
You referring to keeping the wiki ad free?  The wiki isn't covered by donations, I just don't like ads myself that's why I don't add them.  100% of the costs are from me.

M

Mist

ash.catchem said:
Can you make a list of pokemons that are catchable in a particular area including their levels and their catch rates in %age(not like HR or VR), for example like this page:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Viridian_Forest#Generation_IV

So that we can now what level pokes are available where...
complete lists of catchable pokemon should be in all route pages, as well as their string rarity i.e. "common" ~ "horribly rare"
I personally do not support the % being publicly known. I feel that the string rarity is more than sufficient.
I do like the idea of giving a general level range for the area ( I believe that's how it's done, not by individual pokemon, could be wrong). I'll ask a GE and see what can be done about it.

G

It would be nice if all pokemon got pictures, right now only a few of them have.

One thing I was wondering is if it's possible to put the price on them approximately (since the price varies with stats and shiny's). It would make less people ask on the forums and chat.

G

thewakka said:
It would be nice if all pokemon got pictures, right now only a few of them have.

One thing I was wondering is if it's possible to put the price on them approximately (since the price varies with stats and shiny's). It would make less people ask on the forums and chat.

To the first suggestion, this is currently being worked on. Tenfold has come up with a new template and is redoing all the Pokemon pages, so eventually this should be completed. To you second suggestion. It most certainly is possible, but will not happen. Market price for a Pokemon is simply too fluxing, and therefor inaccurate to really be on the wiki.

I have started placing Events into the wiki, both official and unofficial. That will be my current wiki-project save for minor edits :D

psychosamm

Youngster
I'd like to see the moveset of all the pokemon updated. For example the wiki doesnt say Ampharos learns thunderpunch, or that lapras learns Water Pulse and icicle spear. Though this may be something you guys wait on because pokemon are constantly being updated.

Cleveland

Youngster
Actually include all the obtainable pokemon in the game, and all of their obtainable (by learning or by changing in the playerdex) moves.

Naero

psychosamm said:
I'd like to see the moveset of all the pokemon updated. For example the wiki doesnt say Ampharos learns thunderpunch, or that lapras learns Water Pulse and icicle spear. Though this may be something you guys wait on because pokemon are constantly being updated.

That is currently on the task list to update movesets for all Pokemon - the administration is likely to resume progress in updating all movesets to mirror their generation 5 movesets. It's just that when these Pokemon pages were originally created, movesets mirrored the ones used in FireRed/LeafGreen; and since there were only partial updates to learnsets when I last revamped the pages to reflect on their current move pool, some moveset updates were made that have remain outdated on the wiki's end. All Pokemon are on the agenda to undergo the moveset updates I mentioned, and after these updates are applied, the learnsets should remain firm and be unyielding for any further updates for a while.

As an additional note, I myself am not actively contributing to the wiki at this present time, so I can't assure you of any positive time-frame for these updates to be applied, but they are up-for-grabs for any active wiki contributor to edit. For now, I would say playerdex's pokedex is more credible in that regard, as it draws this information directly from the database, and is always up-to-date.

ClevelandFan said:
Actually include all the obtainable pokemon in the game, and all of their obtainable (by learning or by changing in the playerdex) moves.

There is such a list here, albeit an outdated one. However, to reiterate my preceding message, I can not testify how up-to-date it is or any guarantee that it will be updated on a consistent basis. For that, I would also refer to the location lists on playerdex, due to the mechanical reliability of displaying this information in accordance to the in-game database.

Note: Any move that a Pokemon can learn via playerdex that isn't in their natural learnset are moves exclusive to their pre-evolution's learnset. The Pokemon's current form will also need to achieve the level requirement its predecessors needed to learn it via playerdex.

kurtisbmx

A Suggestion is to update what u can get from token store in the wiki who help a lot for people to know how much they have to donate :)

cyy5113

I think player should be allowed to edit wiki, as player have those information.
Player can help improve the wiki by adding some new information too.
This could help staffs to decrease their work on wiki.
:)

Naero

cyy5113 said:
I think player should be allowed to edit wiki, as player have those information.
Player can help improve the wiki by adding some new information too.
This could help staffs to decrease their work on wiki.
:)

Any regular players are welcome to request a wiki account using this form. For example, I was never on PWO staff myself, yet I actively contributed to it previously (and was on wiki staff at one point).

Your application will be forwarded to those on the wiki with the administrative privileges needed to review it. Note your PWO experience/knowledge, reasons for joining, and examples of work you want to contribute on the wiki, etc; all of which qualities are taken into consideration when approving incoming wiki applicants.

G

Some user was asking for help one of these days to help record the data for all the NPC trainers in Kanto.

I'm planning to do this soon, starting from the beginning and I was wondering who I should give my data to.

Would writing down in a notepad what route, the trainer's name, pokemon, and levels suffice?

Also has the task list updated recently? 'cause I can also write a guide for new players on how to get through the tutorial while I'm at it.

Naero

Limitless said:
Some user was asking for help one of these days to help record the data for all the NPC trainers in Kanto.

I'm planning to do this soon, starting from the beginning and I was wondering who I should give my data to.

Would writing down in a notepad what route, the trainer's name, pokemon, and levels suffice?

Also has the task list updated recently? 'cause I can also write a guide for new players on how to get through the tutorial while I'm at it.

There is actually already a massive conglomerate compilation of NPC trainer data on Tenfold's talk page. I haven't examined whether it consists of all NPCs at this present time, nor can I confirm that all of them are up-to-date, but if you notice some data is missing/up-to-date, the assortment of NPC data can be expanded/improved to up-to-date if you take notice of any outdated/incomplete information on it. When more route/area pages are created, this will be resourceful for dispersing this NPC data.

It exemplifies the needed NPC table information quite well. However, if you're going to document this information on other pages, I'd also advise to include the reputation the NPC rewards, if you have recorded/clearly memorized this information after encountering the NPC. You can refer to the source code of this page, for example, on the recommended table to organize this information in. Feel free to use a 3rd party application, such as notepad, to write this information in before pasting it into the wiki when editing.

Although I will admit I have been neglecting to update the task list accordingly within recent months, as I haven't been in the loop, I haven't noticed any guide or walkthrough for the starter's island quest added under the guides section. There is this starter's island article, but it's just a brief overview of the area; no section for a walkthrough regarding the quest. So I would say that task is still up for grabs. You can either expand the existing Starter's Island article to include the walkthrough, or create a new guide and upload it [/url=http://iblamelee.co.uk/pwo/wiki/index.php?title=Guide:Contents]here[/url].

G

Naero said:
There is actually already a massive conglomerate compilation of NPC trainer data on Tenfold's talk page. I haven't examined whether it consists of all NPCs at this present time, nor can I confirm that all of them are up-to-date, but if you notice some data is missing/up-to-date, the assortment of NPC data can be expanded/improved to up-to-date if you take notice of any outdated/incomplete information on it. When more route/area pages are created, this will be resourceful for dispersing this NPC data.

It exemplifies the needed NPC table information quite well. However, if you're going to document this information on other pages, I'd also advise to include the reputation the NPC rewards, if you have recorded/clearly memorized this information after encountering the NPC. You can refer to the source code of this page, for example, on the recommended table to organize this information in. Feel free to use a 3rd party application, such as notepad, to write this information in before pasting it into the wiki when editing.

Although I will admit I have been neglecting to update the task list accordingly within recent months, as I haven't been in the loop, I haven't noticed any guide or walkthrough for the starter's island quest added under the guides section. There is this starter's island article, but it's just a brief overview of the area; no section for a walkthrough regarding the quest. So I would say that task is still up for grabs. You can either expand the existing Starter's Island article to include the walkthrough, or create a new guide and upload it [/url=http://iblamelee.co.uk/pwo/wiki/index.php?title=Guide:Contents]here[/url].

Thanks for the reply.
I looked over Tenfold's page, and it seems he has a lot down there. However the big mass of information is hard to read, and to find what you're looking for seems a bit harder than it should be.

I was hoping I could organize/edit the route pages to look like the Viridian Forest page you posted, that way users can look up their route easily and see what lies ahead.
I completely forgot about reputation, so I'll be adding that to my list of information to document, and I'll probably be using notepad and organize the info accordingly so that when I give it to someone or edit the page myself I won't get confused.

I see a lot of people asking for help when they first start out, so I'll just write out a brief overview of what users should be doing at first, and screen shot the areas/NPC's they should be looking out for to make it easy for them.
I've only been here for about 5 days, so I had no idea if the task list was updated haha.
Creating a new guide seems like the best idea to me since users will be able to locate it easy so I'll probably end up doing that.

Do I need to sign up for a wiki account to edit pages/make new guides?

Naero

Limitless said:
I looked over Tenfold's page, and it seems he has a lot down there. However the big mass of information is hard to read, and to find what you're looking for seems a bit harder than it should be.

For this, a simple ctrl + f and typing in the area name you seek information for should do the trick for page navigation.

Limitless said:
Do I need to sign up for a wiki account to edit pages/make new guides?

Yes, only those with wiki accounts have editing rights on the wiki. You can submit an application using this form, which will pend review from any member of the wiki staff with the administrative privileges required to approve requests.