Update on Client Permissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The-Predator

Youngster
.... Apparently I can´t give my point of view without someone telling me ****...*EDITED*

Nightmare!

This is why I never post anything private in here. I mean it's obvious that staff could read them since everything is logged, the only thing that isn't log is the PM in-game and that is because of the client/server doesn't have that feature!
I hope that current staff change their attitudes, and that they start acting like adults not like kids, which is how they are currently acting. Even if a client is ever released, if staff don't change their attitude , then PWO might be dead in months.

The-Predator

Youngster
Nightmare! said:
This is why I never post anything private in here. I mean it's obvious that staff could read them since everything is logged, the only thing that isn't log is the PM in-game and that is because of the client/server doesn't have that feature!
I hope that current staff change their attitudes, and that they start acting like adults not like kids, which is how they are currently acting. Even if a client is ever released, if staff don't change their attitude , then PWO might be dead in months.

They can read the ingame pms when they are live, I mean if "x" staff member is online at the time you are pming someone, if he decides to spy over you, they can see what you saying in your pms, thats what made Shane take the decision to not take part of PWO anymore, Shane and Ashy discovered that ingame pms can be read by staff members

Pretentious

The relationship between Shane and PWO is similar to a bad break-up between lovers. (Not trying to be funny-- seriously consider it.) At a certain point, both parties realize there are irreconcilable differences and that the relationship will never work. There are too many strong feelings from both sides. It's time to move on. While I believe Shane cares about this game and the community, he holds complete power over PWO for as long as we continue to use the client he created. He may not "own" the client, yet I still don't believe it's right to use the client he created without his permission-- especially if he is determined to pursue legal action. Prior to his decision, a new client was already in demand due to the existing limitations. Why hasn't any of this been realized? Are we afraid that we won't be able to create another client? Can PWO's bank account afford to maintain the stored data in the absence of donations until a new client is ready? Or are we holding onto false hope like so many lovers do who hope for the best? Now is the time to shut down PWO until a new client is created. Not only will this satisfy Shane, but it will allow so many more possibilities and expansions which will improve the game. Shane is an extremely talented individual, and I wish him the best of luck with his new game and all of his future endeavors.

Regarding PM's and invasion of privacy:
I strongly believe PWO has EVERY right to monitor anything associated with their game. I understand that people may feel this is an invasion of privacy, but there are SO many other avenues and means of conversing that you can use if you aren't comfortable with your messages being read. This being said, I suggest that you change the name of Private Messages to something else in order to avoid any "intrusions of privacy", and also explicitly state that all conversations which take place via the forums and client are viewable by staff. Moderation of all conversations associated with PWO is important for the safety of all players, especially considering there is a mixture of young and old players who play this game.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
So, I am confussed....

- Shane creates client, as shown in bis' post
- Finds command that allows staff to view PMs
- Apparently didn't know it existed even though he created the client
- Ragequits?

Didn't he create that command? I'm not even being smart here I really want to know.

BRGodEastwood

Youngster
Banned
EcoWOLFrb said:
So, I am confussed....

- Ragequits?

Didn't he create that command? I'm not even being smart here I really want to know.
The command to control people was not made by him. Was made by either xan or zammbi. /control is a server command, not something shane himself coded into the client. Furthermore, being that shane was strictly a dev, he had no knowledge of moderation commands. Find something else to defend the staff with.

Example: Bluerise has made various commands, and changed various commands alotted to staff ranks, and implemented them in game while claiming he didnt have the source code, and shane wasnt around at the time. Just because Shane made the client, doesnt mean he made the commands too. I figured you'd be smarter than that.

Arnie

BRGodEastwood said:
EcoWOLFrb said:
So, I am confussed....

- Ragequits?

The command to control people was not made by him. Was made by either xan or zammbi. /control is a server command, not something shane himself coded into the client. Furthermore, being that shane was strictly a dev, he had no knowledge of moderation commands. Find something else to defend the staff with.

Xanatus created it, i was the one to help him test it (so essentially i knew about it being able to control every aspect of the player i chose to look into)

I am completely serious when I say this topic will be heavily moderated. A forum lock may be applied soon.

Spam and disruptive posts have been removed.

Sorry man i thought i was in the UK where we have a right to freedom of expression, not north korea. my mistake

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
Arnie said:
Xanatus created it, i was the one to help him test it (so essentially i knew about it being able to control every aspect of the player i chose to look into)

Ahh ok then, so shouldn't shane be upset with xan, not solely staff? Presumptuous bis? I'm not here to defend anyone, as with the last situation I'm unhappy with the result. Don't get your panties in a bunch. ^-^

Dovee

Youngster
matileo19 said:
What I have to say, I know some good stuff about Xanatus and maybe more things that the community doesn't knows along with most of the staff members. You gonna delete this ? Why? I'm not hating. No worry, I won't post any info here.

It's time to elect a new candidate for the highest rank in the staff, someone capable to lead you, to lead us. It's time to make the appropriate paperwork and stand up to see the reality and end this once and for all. I don't want any bootlicker responding to this post, you don't need to be a bootlicker to be a part of the staff you know? I'm honest and I don't care how others may look at me when is about saying things, I'm like that and I've been a part of the staff 4 times so, time to act diff guys. Think about it.

Thanks for your effort, some of you are doing well, as for the others... time to move on.

Good luck.

Mati you have been around way to long to realize there is no electing, there is no voting. PWO has always been in the end a dictatorship.

gherdantudor

I would love to play this game as soon as possible, therefore i would want all of you to understand each other. The PM thing is ok by me but as i asume it is not used well, i would highly consider firing the broken link if i were the boss.

If this will continue for much more ppl will leave pwo so i advise a quick talk so everyone can get to a common point and if that is not possible break the company.

JUST DONT MAKE ME W8 SO MUCH
I wanna play!!!!

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
Dovee said:
matileo19 said:
What I have to say, I know some good stuff about Xanatus and maybe more things that the community doesn't knows along with most of the staff members. You gonna delete this ? Why? I'm not hating. No worry, I won't post any info here.

It's time to elect a new candidate for the highest rank in the staff, someone capable to lead you, to lead us. It's time to make the appropriate paperwork and stand up to see the reality and end this once and for all. I don't want any bootlicker responding to this post, you don't need to be a bootlicker to be a part of the staff you know? I'm honest and I don't care how others may look at me when is about saying things, I'm like that and I've been a part of the staff 4 times so, time to act diff guys. Think about it.

Thanks for your effort, some of you are doing well, as for the others... time to move on.

Good luck.

Mati you have been around way to long to realize there is no electing, there is no voting. PWO has always been in the end a dictatorship.

Where are the good ones when they're needed ? Crenel, Zammbi, Teck, Nee, you... The current staff isn't what the community needs (not puting you all in the same bag guys, there are exeptions) something isn't working! I've never seen something like this, its not like players started to hate Lee and the others because of Shane, its something that was hidden and exploded with Shane's situation, so people... stop blaming Shane, I'm not from Shane's side or Staff side, I'm being realistic and this is how i see things and I think Im right at some point. I know PWO has always been like that, but there's still time to make a change. Like I said, its time to MOVE ON, if YOU ( you as staff member ) care about this game, now you will swallow your pride and do whatever possible to remedy all this, otherwise leave your position and do something else, and stop harming the community, for the good of all.
Seeing Luna's comment, with all what happened, I would demote him now, thats the kind of actions to be taken if you want to see changes. His words are the proof that Shane isn't liying at all, is he ?

janellie11

GaryMustard said:
uovmmme.png

ok thats it , this like hurts alright .. their really invading our privacy and that is just rude ..
well to end this arguement .. PWO staff take ur time and make ur best to rebuild the game ..
but please dont input controls like this that will invade peoples privacy ..

~God bless to you Shane ..
~God bless to all Pwo Staffs / Players ..

gherdantudor

PLZ make a new client or anything just make the game playable!!!

So... while this is going on does anyone know a PWO like game aside pokemmo? PM me so forum does not derivate from the main subject.

Saurus

Banned
ArcticSun said:
KaiTheLoneWolf said:
To note, disrespectful posts were removed and this topic will be moderated. There is a difference between a conversation, a discussion and just blind hate.

Really. And what happened to me in the PWO IRC channel has nothing to do with blind hate for having an opinion that swayed towards defending Shane, that didn't sit well with the PWO Staff?

I.Am

Great. Now we have to wait like what 2 years or more for new client ? I dont even understand all this crap. I already bored with this PWO team vs Shane stuff.

Franc92

Youngster
As far as i can understand (my knowledge of PWO's staff system is not so big), the whole matter is: Shane VS Xanatus.
The thing is, in my opinion, we don't have too many solution for the problem. Here i'll explain my main 2.
Solution 1) the whole game, the license and all the power of xanatus are taken by Shane, wich means he becomes the real and the only owner of the game, so he can solve on his own the matter of the international privacy and he can stay focused in developing PWO (Wich is NOT a FAIL game) without being "restricted" by anyhing.

Solution 2) we have to find a new Dev wich will be happy to be the new puppet of Xan, and to stay under his orders and to rewrite the code under his advice and etc etc etc...

Tell me if i'm wrong, and explain me why. I'm in this community almost from 1 year and a half so far, so i don't know properly the PWO System. I just want to know how things work in the best way to make us playing this amazing game, once again. ;)
Cheers.

Ash.X.Serena

franc1992 said:
As far as i can understand (my knowledge of PWO's staff system is not so big), the whole matter is: Shane VS Xanatus.
The thing is, in my opinion, we don't have too many solution for the problem. Here i'll explain my main 2.
Solution 1) the whole game, the license and all the power of xanatus are taken by Shane, wich means he becomes the real and the only owner of the game, so he can solve on his own the matter of the international privacy and he can stay focused in developing PWO (Wich is NOT a FAIL game) without being "restricted" by anyhing.

Solution 2) we have to find a new Dev wich will be happy to be the new puppet of Xan, and to stay under his orders and to rewrite the code under his advice and etc etc etc...

Tell me if i'm wrong, and explain me why. I'm in this community almost from 1 year and a half so far, so i don't know properly the PWO System. I just want to know how things work in the best way to make us playing this amazing game, once again. ;)
Cheers.
If you are right I would say Solution 1 is better than 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.