Tecknician come take a look pls

Merse

Youngster
Let's face it, Pokemon battle system is a very complex thing, tested by experts and millions of players for decades now. It is well balanced, and if you take out even one element, it will be unbalanced and be easily exploited if you know how. That's why our battle system will remain unbalanced (if not one way, then another) until it will have every feature of the handheld versions. To keep things somehow in balance it is necessary for the players to make some compromise, to accept and follow a kind of comitas gentium. As soon as someone ignores these "rules" (by switching, delaying the battle, using only troll moves etc.), the balance will cease to exist and the battle system loses its point.

andrewle

we also not just completely depend on how good our pokemon is, and ignoring tactics and strategies on pokemon battles it will also loose it's point. Imagine if you start with the worst pokemon against your opponent and after your opponent killed it then you have a one pokemon disadvantage so how do you suppose to turn the tables on? without the status and stat changing moves? there's nothing much you can do adding the fact that the staff clearly stated in some bann appeal that theres a third party program which allows a player to view others player team, if im not mistaken the program was team viewer. As a player myself that didn't cheat and dont have a lot of real life money to spend using these troll moves is the only ray of hope for me to even up things with other players

The-Predator

Youngster
Tecknician said:
KPyppo said:
wondering wouldn´t be easier to update movesets to B&W 2?? or this is not possible atm??

It would be easy to update to b/w moveset. But I won't why? Simple: Players are greedy. Not even a week after I updated them to B/W I was being begged by way too many people to update them again. I'm personally tired of hearing about this so until I stop seeing this suggested EVERY DAMN DAY it won't happen.

Sorry if i somehow annoyed u, didnt mean to, although Im sure it wasnt me the one who has asked it EVERY DAMN DAY, this is the first time i ask it, and i asked it respectfully and I think i didnt even ask it actually was just a suggestion, i know u are volunteers and u "work" for free in PWO and i must say u guys do an excellent job in PWO actually u should get some kind of reward for ur job I mean there are users that donate over 50 bucks per day and u guys cannot get a bit of it? if u somehow were compensated for ur hard work, u guys wont be tired of hearing PWO community´s needs EVERY DAMN DAY, but meh looks like im just a player that is asking too much.

Tecknician said:
Which part of the switching bug needs to be fixed before it can "help" this issue?

about switching bug i have tried (and other players as well) to explain u the glitch that happens when switching, but seems like u havent seen em

http://prntscr.com/1niex4

http://prntscr.com/1nif18

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
Tecknician said:
It would be easy to update to b/w moveset. But I won't why? Simple: Players are greedy. Not even a week after I updated them to B/W I was being begged by way too many people to update them again. I'm personally tired of hearing about this so until I stop seeing this suggested EVERY DAMN DAY it won't happen.

I sincerely hope there's another reason for not updating the moves since as you said "it would be easy" other than players annoying you about them. One must remember that there are children on this game and on forums that are unaware of just how much work you guys do, and have yet to be able to be fully empathetic. You won't stop hearing about it ever... and that comes with the job I assume. Even after B&W 2 moves are implemented there will be cries for TM's or for new generations movesets. It just sounds petty and spiteful when you come across like that, even if you are frustrated with the lack of gratitude.

Now that that's been said I believe the other unsaid reasons might be associated with more important issues to be worked on, or perhaps fixing the broken moves that are already there, which would be rather understandable. Let us remember that Teck and the other staff have lives of their own and the DEV team has what seems to be only 1 active member at the moment. As has been redundantly replied but to no avail I repeat THE STAFF ARE NOT PAID. Most of you know this but we are merely testers, and can only voice small bugs and issues. The staff are not here to make us happy.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
As for switching it would simply require a fully working battle system with: Entry hazards, weathers, healing moves, fully working status ailments, fully working moves, complete move updates including TM's, working battle system sync'ed with switching and how attacks afterwards are handled, more variety in pokemon themselves as we have the same 20 battlers redundantly being used. People need these things to be able to defend themselves against switching or else we'd be there all day going back and forth (which would be the next immediate complaint to the staff I'd imagine "WE NEED ENTRY HAZARDS" "WE NEED HEALING MOVES" blah blah blah) it'd be a mess and should be the last thing we implement after everything else is working correctly.

Tecknician

You know, "fully working battle system" is always the best answer, but it's not the useful answer. I need suggestions how to make the battle system as good as it can be base on what it is now. I can undo some changes and go back to pre-stat changing moves. I can possibly add a few other things, but some things like abilities and all of the moves working simply won't work.

I am sorry if this is being rude, but I need helpful suggestions. What would be the best state for the battle system for what it's based on NOW!

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
EDIT: Posts changed from when I last wrote this, so I'll just leave this here, all nice and striked out.

You seem a tad frustrated, my lady Teck. :(
Kpyppo is just trying to help and was grateful for your attention from the get-go, even if several other players are not. People are just trying to get on the same page, and while staff already know this stuff like the back of their hand it's a whole new concept for several players.

I know the switching system is a heck of a lot complicated to fix, but I still point to it as one of the most important battle aspects to modify at least in attacking order. However, if you can limit stat stages as you mentioned earlier, I'd go ahead and do so (as it was the reason the topic was made in the first place). =P

Ofc staff will always get demands, but there is a problem if people end up deadlocked in growl battles for wins. It's a fair enough problem.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
As far as I'm concerned the problem with status moves has less to do with the battle system and more to do with the people abusing the holes in it. I've seen people sacrifice 2-3 pokemon to set up one pokemon to boost, and that in itself isn't the problem. The problem lies where smart people use counteractive moves like scary face and refuse to attack with their nulled pokemon, causing an endless stalemate because the person sacrificing pokemon to boost is too damn stubborn to consider attacking like a normal player, as that ruins their strategy. I'm trying not to beat a dead horse with this but there are ONLY 2 good options right now IMO that don't involve reverting to the past: PP (which is off the table) or some alternate way to prevent players from spamming, or more move selection. The pokemon with both physical and special attacks don't get boosted on.

If you're that against adding more moves, then another attempt at a solution I can provide is to go back to one stage per status move. For instance agility: it currently increases by 2 stages which decreases the amount of moves people have to use to make their pokemon into gods. This can be applied to multiple pokemon, and moves. One of the most popular boosters today is scizor, he has both agility and swords dance and both increase a stat by 2 stages, he is able to outspeed every pokemon, and bulk up to full power in a mere 4 moves... which is easy when you consider his defense and the ability to lower attack with moves like growl. On the other end there is pidgeot, the best sacrificial pokemon with featherdance which lowers atk by 2 stages... which pokemon can't counter by using belly drum or dragon dance. if all these pokemon only increased or decreased by 1 stage the strategy of boosting wouldn't be eliminated but damaged to the point where it wouldn't be abused as much.

That all being said I feel that these measures of stopping progress and regressing shouldn't be necessary as there are definitely ways to prevent boosting currently by using the correct pokemon and strategy, people are learning more each day that a growl and dragon dance battle is useless as the person with the most to risk by stopping usually wins. New strategies and pokemon are being discovered all the time. If these people can't get it through their thick heads that a swampert won't stop using growl as it's only defense on a dragonite then I don't think anything will stop them from trying, and I'd suggest you people don't battle them again if it happens once.

The-Predator

Youngster
Tecknician said:
You know, "fully working battle system" is always the best answer, but it's not the useful answer. I need suggestions how to make the battle system as good as it can be base on what it is now. I can undo some changes and go back to pre-stat changing moves. I can possibly add a few other things, but some things like abilities and all of the moves working simply won't work.

I am sorry if this is being rude, but I need helpful suggestions. What would be the best state for the battle system for what it's based on NOW!

Well in this case we are having status issues, so the best way we could counter the annoying actions from these "strategies" would be TMs, im not trying to be greedy but im saying is the best way due to the lack of some pokemon on thier movesets in my battle example flygon KOed charizard but having its atk decreased all stages dragonite was able to spam on dragon dance to increase its atk to 1200+ and even use agility 1 turn, if TMs were implemented, ice beam would counter this easily, same would happen with pokemon like metagross, steelix, scizor the pokemon that somehow are unable to do damage at all would have a chance against em, however if theres no way to implement TMs or they are not planned to be implemented any time soon, then switching stuff could work although would be kinda the same with long battles as EcoWOLFrb has said yeah battle system needs lot of broken moves/features to be fixed for switching to be working properly, these are my points of view thought im not completely sure we could try on switching stuff to see how it is handled

Nikola

Youngster
Not sure if anyone still remembers when stat changing moves were at 10 points maximum then they were randomized after that. For example Meteor mash used to increase atk giving it random value. More or less that would be the system before this one. Players had nothing to moan about since nothing better was introduced boosting wise. Logic fact is that once you give one finger they will ask whole hand from you. However it was expected to happen.
Give them PPs and they will be ask for a PP ups. Give them TMs they will moan about their Pokemon not able to use TM since boosted Pokemon is faster.

Not many people came prepared. My opinion might sound weird for someone but I think this game isn't ready for such update. Not sure what resulted in making them happen however must say it's an awesome achievement and progress but we are missing solid ground to work on. Server code is something not to mess with yet very fragile for such updates. If you can't add several lines into code without being afraid what will happen such as conflict then something obviously isn't right. Correct me if I am wrong here. So far the most common issue is boosting and "player" being stubborn. Well that wasn't an issue few years ago due to somehow balanced status moves system. While everyone is pointing fingers at specific Pokemon why don't you point at move itself? I might sound retro but that is the real fact. No one complained about boosting till now. Pretty sure even if switching is fixed they will continue to moan about something. Now I wonder, would you like to test updates with upcoming client and even postpone it's release if it's needed just to make sure everything is as planned (not going to open subject about testing server).

Nothing will be done overnight nor battle system will. But honestly do you think that there should be a limit updates made while current client or server code is being used? Why change several things many times even if you know that you are going to change them several times again just to soften whole thing and to please to a complainer. Good example would be nerf and moveset change. It might take a minute to update but why do those several times over. As I said before and will say it again. You can either adapt or not battle. Theres no other alternative. We can all counter boosted Pokemon but the fact itself that opposing Pokemon boosted on that level is something worthy to look into. Trust me, you can't update people way of thinking. They are either hater or they are having the fail fact. If boosting system remains like it is now and switching is fixed and will trigger no bugs then I see no issue with switching. Don't want to go off topic and I will just stay with my conclusion. PWO battles shouldn't be flawless anytime soon, not due to PWO it's due to players. With current client and code there should be the point we can advance. Might explain missing of B/W2 moveset, abilities, Hoenn and so on.

-No matter what update is being made just try to adapt. Look at it from every possible corner then bring constructive conclusion. You can't be greedy and selfish at moment like this. It would help to everyone if things are being looked into twice. As a player and battler you must adapt, improvise and overcome. Once you gain that skill, you will be able to deal with any updates made. Easy... things will come. Just be patient, reasonable and have faith. If you can't deal with those then you don't have anything to look for in battles. I know it's annoying to deal with spammers and such but don't let them break you. Your far more better then that. It's going to be worthy one day, even if it doesn't then you know you've tried to.

robertallan

Darcia said:
-No matter what update is being made just try to adapt. Look at it from every possible corner then bring constructive conclusion. You can't be greedy and selfish at moment like this. It would help to everyone if things are being looked into twice. As a player and battler you must adapt, improvise and overcome. Once you gain that skill, you will be able to deal with any updates made. Easy... things will come. Just be patient, reasonable and have faith. If you can't deal with those then you don't have anything to look for in battles. I know it's annoying to deal with spammers and such but don't let them break you. Your far more better then that. It's going to be worthy one day, even if it doesn't then you know you've tried to.

Can't say any better than this. Adapt, Improvise and Overcome.
I may sound childish or a fool, but I really don't mind losing battles. You can go on boost a poke all you want and all I got to do is pound it hard/continuously. Don't forget the word "Luck" in this game. Criticals come, Misses come. Don't be such thickheads. Besides, it is our fault, for bringing out the wrong poke (Arcanine/Grass poke for Dragonites and Snorlax/Normal poke for Steelix/Scizor) so that our opponent could take advantage of it. If we really love battles, we shouldn't complain, but rather seek or formulate the right solution to overcome these things. Then, share the things you discovered (or just keep it to yourself). There is nothing wrong in this developing game. It is US, who weren't able adjust, are at fault.

We can have a brainstorming here, or through other posts, on how "WE- (the players)" not "THEM-(Teck,other staff or the game)" could adapt in various updates.

LanceDM

robertallan said:
Darcia said:

I may sound childish or a fool, but I really don't mind losing battles. You can go on boost a poke all you want and all I got to do is pound it hard/continuously. Don't forget the word "Luck" in this game. Criticals come, Misses come. Don't be such thickheads. Besides, it is our fault, for bringing out the wrong poke (Arcanine/Grass poke for Dragonites and Snorlax/Normal poke for Steelix/Scizor) so that our opponent could take advantage of it. If we really love battles, we shouldn't complain, but rather seek or formulate the right solution to overcome these things. Then, share the things you discovered (or just keep it to yourself). There is nothing wrong in this developing game. It is US, who weren't able adjust, are at fault.

We can have a brainstorming here, or through other posts, on how "WE- (the players)" not "THEM-(Teck,other staff or the game)" could adapt in various updates.

Well, this is correct and wrong at the same time. I do agree that we MUST adapt to the new changes every time an update comes, but SOMETIMES things aren't what they should, I won't adapt to something others are abusing, I just can't do it, or i will end like them, cutting the little (and small) fun this battle system had before this starts happening, just like these ''pros'' spying accounts to see what you have left and what you have first, what's the point buddies ? Im seeing this from every possible corner btw. No one is complaining, Kp came here talking about this (check the main post) to do a call on the staff about what's happening, nothing is wrong with it and is what we are supposed to do as testers, many suggestions are around this topic, enough id say.

JD001

Youngster
Talking about spying again, Mati? Who did it this time?

From what I've seen and personally done, regardless of the updates done there will always be complaints. Right now boosting is just everywhere, before it was sleep, before that it was yawn and before that it was confuse ray (or maybe the last two were switched, I don't remember). There will always be something wrong. Small tweeks here and there would help a lot and I'm sure that's something that is actually being worked on, instead of the whims of the people who keep begging for this and that (myself included). I'm having a difficult time adjusting to this new battling scene and I'm not happy about it but oh well. I continue to play and wait until the problems are fixed one by one. PP, status moves, switching, TM's, etc. It's hard to get everything at once. Right now, the one thing I have noticed that is of most concern between me and a few people I've talked with is the amount of criticals that are actually landing per battle. Everything else can be, as Darcia stated perfectly, adapted to and overcome. Some just take longer than others based on their pokemon used or personal strategies (like me, I don't use drago or scizor). Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It's just a little abusive when people decide to make a one man (pokemon) army by boosting to insane levels. Even now that switching is kind of implemented, it's still not working properly and a few of my friends were stuck with the short end of the stick when it came to battling like that. I have no SS's or personal experiences but you know, just a little speech to join the bandwagon.

robertallan

LanceDM said:
robertallan said:
Darcia said:

Well, this is correct and wrong at the same time. I do agree that we MUST adapt to the new changes every time an update comes, but SOMETIMES things aren't what they should, I won't adapt to something others are abusing, I just can't do it, or i will end like them, cutting the little (and small) fun this battle system had before this starts happening, just like these ''pros'' spying accounts to see what you have left and what you have first, what's the point buddies ? Im seeing this from every possible corner btw. No one is complaining, Kp came here talking about this (check the main post) to do a call on the staff about what's happening, nothing is wrong with it and is what we are supposed to do as testers, many suggestions are around this topic, enough id say.

There's nothing wrong to what I said because IT is MY point of view. Each of us has their own ways. What I meant by the word "adapt" is not by imitating them, but rather "living and dealing with it." Doesn't it feel good if you beat someone who does this or that? (referring to abusing and/or spying - which I don't know if it really exist), by your own, fair way of battling? I already accepted it, that there are those guys who'd do anything to win (it is their loss, since they might not have battles again), IT is inevitable in any game. There are also those guys who are so rich, that they can buy anything that they want. These guys motivated me, I played and battled in my OWN way (not using shinies or dragon type pokes in my team) and it delights me when I beat guys who have them. This is the proof that it is indeed possible, to WIN even at a disadvantage. I take note of the starter pokes of all the players I battled (though it is impossible to predict every trainer's starter), and it really, REALLY pays off.

In KP case, it could turn out in different scenarios. Status effects are there for a reason, Dragonbreath (if he had one) has paralyze and is a spatk move, so growling does not lower its damage. He could've beat that Chari FASTER, if he hadn't stalled the fight (using Earthquake and hoping Chari would attack Flygon, could've saved time and even a win) then face the Drago, use Dragonbreath. It may take 4-6 hits to kill a Drago, but there is Paralyze and Critical, which would've forced the Drago to attack and stop the boost. If he did not do that, then I'd assume that he doesn't have a poke to tank a 4 turn boosted Drago (Agility+3DDs), and might as well why he refused to kill the Chari. So basically, there's nothing wrong with what his' opponent's done because he just took advantage of KP's and the current battle system's state, and KP just prolonged his agony. Not trying to be all mighty or great here, I'm just also seeing every possible corner.

But Really?! why waste a great amount of time for just A win?
Could've noted the guy, don't battle him anymore and find others where you could possibly have a good fight with and get a win
OR counter his strategy when a rematch comes. That way, there won't be impatience and disappointments.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm neutral here. Well, probably a little inclined to those who are annoyed with stat changing moves abusers.
The Post itself is addressed to the staff, but replies say indirectly (or directly) that it is for certain players. I am a battler, saw this post and made myself involved. Just here to express the position of both sides using my own perspective. No hate guys. :)

LanceDM

robertallan said:
LanceDM said:
robertallan said:
Darcia said:

There's nothing wrong to what I said because IT is MY point of view. Each of us has their own ways. What I meant by the word "adapt" is not by imitating them, but rather "living and dealing with it." Doesn't it feel good if you beat someone who does this or that? (referring to abusing and/or spying - which I don't know if it really exist), by your own, fair way of battling? I already accepted it, that there are those guys who'd do anything to win (it is their loss, since they might not have battles again), IT is inevitable in any game. There are also those guys who are so rich, that they can buy anything that they want. These guys motivated me, I played and battled in my OWN way (not using shinies or dragon type pokes in my team) and it delights me when I beat guys who have them. This is the proof that it is indeed possible, to WIN even at a disadvantage. I take note of the starter pokes of all the players I battled (though it is impossible to predict every trainer's starter), and it really, REALLY pays off.

In KP case, it could turn out in different scenarios. Status effects are there for a reason, Dragonbreath (if he had one) has paralyze and is a spatk move, so growling does not lower its damage. He could've beat that Chari FASTER, if he hadn't stalled the fight (using Earthquake and hoping Chari would attack Flygon, could've saved time and even a win) then face the Drago, use Dragonbreath. It may take 4-6 hits to kill a Drago, but there is Paralyze and Critical, which would've forced the Drago to attack and stop the boost. If he did not do that, then I'd assume that he doesn't have a poke to tank a 4 turn boosted Drago (Agility+3DDs), and might as well why he refused to kill the Chari. So basically, there's nothing wrong with what his' opponent's done because he just took advantage of KP's and the current battle system's state, and KP just prolonged his agony. Not trying to be all mighty or great here, I'm just also seeing every possible corner.

But Really?! why waste a great amount of time for just A win?
Could've noted the guy, don't battle him anymore and find others where you could possibly have a good fight with and get a win
OR counter his strategy when a rematch comes. That way, there won't be impatience and disappointments.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm neutral here. Well, probably a little inclined to those who are annoyed with stat changing moves abusers.
The Post itself is addressed to the staff, but replies say indirectly (or directly) that it is for certain players. I am a battler, saw this post and made myself involved. Just here to express the position of both sides using my own perspective. No hate guys. :)

And thats why I've said that you're RIGHT and WRONG at the same time, I love how you adapt to every change and enjoy when others abuse with something, you're not wrong, don't forget that I've been adapting to this game since it came out in 2008 , I've seen many types of abuses here. But for A or B we have to be like them, because now we can't use X poke because Z poke will start boosting if we send X poke, where's the fun? I can't enjoy boosting MY OWN pokemon to kill an entirely team or viceversa, I COULD accept if it happens in a fully developed battle system but this... naa ,just no. In 2009 Shiny Slowbro came out to counter Shiny Gyarados (used to be the most powerfull S around, besides some S ucs, Hrs and UCs used to be a crap compared to the current Shinys in 2009/2008) we had to adapt by getting a faster S gyara or a good S slowbro to counter S gyaras aswell, the diff is that we had chances of winning depending on wich pokes we sent, etc, but as I've mentioned, this time is different, these guys are cutting the little (and small) fun this battle system had before this starts happening. Some players have moral and common sense, they use Dragon Dance (or any other with similar characteristics) only 1/2 times, because they know they may ruin a battle. The thing about being rich or not, if you have stuff to buy more stuff, you'll buy good things, battlers or pokes for collection, by choosing any of the above you're entering to the list of top players, being a collector gives you the chance of having many pokes and being a battler, is obvious what kind of chance it gives. To me, its like pressing ''RUN'' (makes your opp to choose a random move - ), a way to adapt is choosing quickly to evade guys pressing ''RUN'' so they can't make you to use a random move, its almost the same crap if you think about it with some patience, some will choose fast and some will not. I'm not talking to you (only) this is a quote for all of you.

andrewle

Some players have moral and common sense, they use Dragon Dance (or any other with similar characteristics) only 1/2 times, because they know they may ruin a battle.

you can't say the players that use dragondance (or any other with similar characteristics) only 1/2 times are the only ones that have morals and common sense, when you're up for battle you are ready to take or defend whatever your opponent throws at you. Because it is a battle, i will use my own way of battling and he will use his own way of battling no one can dictate anybody how they should battle, and no one can tell what is really a moral move and immoral move its a matter of personal preferences, if they ever use dragondance (or any other with similar characteristics) more than 2 times so be it, that's how they play the game but that doesn't mean they are immoral and no common sense, for me there is no such thing like immoral moves what is immoral to me in every game is not having a sportsmanship..

andrewle

As an example for my previous post is Tiger Woods as many people knows he is an exemplary one of the kind golf players, his swing reach further than any golf player in his generation but you can't say that he is being immoral or no common sense for keeping playing golf because he knew he is good at it and he is abusing the weaknesses of other golf players but instead it is because of the unbalance of the game, so they made a new rules in golf that made Tiger Woods nearly disqualified in every game in short they nerfed Tiger Woods its almost the same in PWO our staff is always there to make adjustments and make things balance and abuse free..