Tecknician come take a look pls

The-Predator

Youngster
well battles are becoming a bit annoying by some not decent battlers.
heres the story... i saw yesterday HOF69 having a battle vs Lukewar but they started to discuss something i couldnt understand something about "im not going to atk cuz u refusing to atk choose another move" that was the fight in battle channel and it lasted for 25 minutes around. Today they were discussing the same thing but it lasted more than 30 minutes, yeah!! 30 minutes in a same battle, still couldnt understand till i battled this guy Ralf88p, we were having a regular battle till something annoying happened... i had my flygon on scene he sent charizard but he started to decrease my flygon´s atk instead of attacking it, then i realized what he was pretending to do, he wanted me to defeat his charizard for me to be in battle scene with a bad atk flygon and then he send another pokemon and boost its stats like crazy, i first thought lol but then another annoying thing happened, i was pretending to defeat the chari at first but he decreased fly´s atk so much that i was doing like 0 damage, atk on my flygon wasnt even decreasing anymore but he was still using growl -.- it took me like 15 minutes or so to take 3/4 of his HP ( http://prntscr.com/1mlm4a ) in the SS shows me using earthquake cuz i was pretending to force him to defeat my flygon as i wasnt making any damage to his charizard but he did nothing but keep spamming on growl -.-, so my point in here is these guys are somehow bug abusing, since we cannot switch our pokemon cuz it could glitch the battle, So pls teck could u try to fix the switching thing on PWO?? or can u give us any other solution for this kind of stuff, i know everything is working/decreasing/increasing like in the handhelds, but in the handhelds situations like this can be handled by switching, abilities or TMs, but atm in PWO we dont have any of those things

Shadow_Fiend

Edited** xD but they really should improve the switch thing
however the battlers should really make a strategy ( thing that this game lacks ) to this kind of problem in the original games a battler have a plan to deal with for all the stats boost, example when he were boosting stats you may used screech to lower his defense and kill it easy

Mega.S

Shadow_Fiend said:
Edited** xD but they really should improve the switch thing
however the battlers should really make a strategy ( thing that this game lacks ) to this kind of problem in the original games a battler have a plan to deal with for all the stats boost, example when he were boosting stats you may used screech to lower his defense and kill it easy

The same thing also happen to me..
Yes the only way to avoid this is improve the switch...

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
this should be handled with using pokemon that can't be taken advantage of by boosting, pokes that have stat lowering moves themselves or both viable physical and spatk moves to use. PP would also help this situation, but would hinder training so should only be implemented in pvp. things like TM's and B&W 2 moves will help also obviously.

Dragon16

Youngster
Aonther thing that gets players mad is Swampert Vs Dragonite. the player with dragonite thinks that they can super boost their Dragonite alot but then get mad when the swampert player uses grow against them. then it continues into a growl Vs Dragon dance battle for the next few minutes until one gives in or Disconnects.
Some things that could help are:
-TM 's
-Move update (newer gen moves)
-implementation of Power Points
-update the switching in PvP

robertallan

Well, uh. As for now, what we can do is to kill the pokemon that growls/featherdances/any moves that decreases atk ASAP. Don't overthink things.
Face the next poke, (might be a Drago, Scizor or a Steelix). It is a Flygon, Dragon Claw can still hurt the Dragonite and Sand Tomb/Earthquake for the Steelix. Or use Dragonbreath for Paralyze, hope for the poke to paralyze at the right time and defeat it.
It really is annoying for those trainers that abuses stat boost/reduction and status ailments, but the best thing to do is to give in, face the problem and hope to overcome it. Since it'll be much more disappointing if the match lasted 30mins, and the guy disconnects or you still lose.

I am willing to share some of my countermeasures to defeat a stat boosted poke (Drago at this matter):
You need a high def poke like Steelix or Cloyster to beat a Boosted Drago.

first, A sitting Grass poke or Arcanine. If it is a grass poke, you can counter-annoy him by using sleep powder, then use non-grass type move.

when you use Arcanine and you defeat the other poke, 60-70% of the time, the opponent will choose Dragonite, stat boost and wipe your team.
what you can do is to use Flamethrower (Spatk move, so it is not affected by ATK reduction moves such as growl, etc.) hope for it to burn. Make sure to damage it more than half of it hp (you might be able to do so since the opponent will boost a drago for, Agility + 2-3 DDs). If you're able to beat a Drago using your Arca, then it is a great achievement, worth prntscreening for. XD

Well, if you don't, bring out Steelix. There's no way a x3 Dragon Dance boosted Drago would kill a Steelix (not sure about Cloyster, maybe a x2 or x1 DD boosted drago) unless it crits. Use Ice fang and hope for it to land (if not, then it might as well, GB :D) and your probable Drago wipeout nemesis will be over. This is why Steelix is useful in such circumstances and a Steelix is made to kill those boosted Drago. So, it is advisable to not bring out your Steelix unless a Drago comes out.

Another way to counter is to have a full Ice type team or all pokes shld have ice type moves to prevent Dragon Dance boost.

As for those Status Ailments, there's no way to counter that. But it must be noted that Tyra isn't affected by Hypnosis and Snorlax isn't affected by confuse ray. (not really sure about these though)
So, all you can do is hope hope hope. For your poke to wake up or to land its atk.

Last, if you don't want to go in the trouble of doing all of these, just don't battle those who abuses stat boost or stat ailments.
LukeWar could be the King of Stat Boost/Ailments, but it is his strategy, so there's no way we could react/refute on that.
there are some apprentices. But uhhh, you need to just take note of 'em.

Just enjoy the battles, having different strats make the battle enjoyable. Face everyone, Don't mind losing, learn from it.
Have a good day guys. :)

The-Predator

Youngster
robertallan said:
Well, uh. As for now, what we can do is to kill the pokemon that growls/featherdances/any moves that decreases atk ASAP. Don't overthink things.
Face the next poke, (might be a Drago, Scizor or a Steelix). It is a Flygon, Dragon Claw can still hurt the Dragonite and Sand Tomb/Earthquake for the Steelix. Or use Dragonbreath for Paralyze, hope for the poke to paralyze at the right time and defeat it.
It really is annoying for those trainers that abuses stat boost/reduction and status ailments, but the best thing to do is to give in, face the problem and hope to overcome it. Since it'll be much more disappointing if the match lasted 30mins, and the guy disconnects or you still lose.

I am willing to share some of my countermeasures to defeat a stat boosted poke (Drago at this matter):
You need a high def poke like Steelix or Cloyster to beat a Boosted Drago.

first, A sitting Grass poke or Arcanine. If it is a grass poke, you can counter-annoy him by using sleep powder, then use non-grass type move.

when you use Arcanine and you defeat the other poke, 60-70% of the time, the opponent will choose Dragonite, stat boost and wipe your team.
what you can do is to use Flamethrower (Spatk move, so it is not affected by ATK reduction moves such as growl, etc.) hope for it to burn. Make sure to damage it more than half of it hp (you might be able to do so since the opponent will boost a drago for, Agility + 2-3 DDs). If you're able to beat a Drago using your Arca, then it is a great achievement, worth prntscreening for. XD

Well, if you don't, bring out Steelix. There's no way a x3 Dragon Dance boosted Drago would kill a Steelix (not sure about Cloyster, maybe a x2 or x1 DD boosted drago) unless it crits. Use Ice fang and hope for it to land (if not, then it might as well, GB :D) and your probable Drago wipeout nemesis will be over. This is why Steelix is useful in such circumstances and a Steelix is made to kill those boosted Drago. So, it is advisable to not bring out your Steelix unless a Drago comes out.

Another way to counter is to have a full Ice type team or all pokes shld have ice type moves to prevent Dragon Dance boost.

As for those Status Ailments, there's no way to counter that. But it must be noted that Tyra isn't affected by Hypnosis and Snorlax isn't affected by confuse ray. (not really sure about these though)
So, all you can do is hope hope hope. For your poke to wake up or to land its atk.

Last, if you don't want to go in the trouble of doing all of these, just don't battle those who abuses stat boost or stat ailments.
LukeWar could be the King of Stat Boost/Ailments, but it is his strategy, so there's no way we could react/refute on that.
there are some apprentices. But uhhh, you need to just take note of 'em.

Just enjoy the battles, having different strats make the battle enjoyable. Face everyone, Don't mind losing, learn from it.
Have a good day guys. :)

well seems like u dont understand whats going on here, though i tried to be as clearer as possible, yeah i know the steelix vs drago stuff i always beat dragos when boosted its atk/spd one time but theres nothing to do when that drago spammed so many times dragon dance that could get 1200+ atk in my case that happened as this guys has previously spammed growl so many times, my flygon couldnt deal any damage and he was able to abuse/boost his drago to reach 1200+atk, so no matter if i would had in my team an impossible hp/def steelix it would had been destroyed by an aqua tail, and thats nothing comparing it against jumpluff´s memento, it decreases atk to 50 or so so they can boost their next pokemon the same way

robertallan

Uh-oh. I'm just trying to help not only you but also others who do not know how to deal with it. Just few more words, to deal with those growl/stat reduction moves, use SPATK based move. In your Flygon's case, Dragonbreath. I hope I helped.

Good Luck, High Five! :D

Darcia

This problem would be solved in a fully developed battle engine. Unfortunately we do not have full-fledged battle DEV who would redevelop the battle system from the ground-up. The current one is just too rigid for Tecknician to fix everything. He's only mitigating what he can. Hopefully things might change with a new client and doing several codes after. Pretty sure the best is yet to come. All you have to do is adapt somehow. I know it's very well that is not easy but it's also not mission impossible. Do not forget the fact that switching is rule enforced by players and nothing bad should happen when you do so. If there is any bug caused by switching then it might be worthy to look into. However, even if switching is fixed at some point there would be other things to update as well. Would ask you to be tolerant for now on other people stupidity till we get full developed battle engine. Take Slaking rule for example. It might be banned by a staff on a tourney but players enforced the rule after the tournament that is kinda active even today. And ironic thing is that 98% of them newer fought on last tournament held. If majority of you are against Atk/Def boosting or memento type moves then try not to battle with them till we get an update. Otherwise this is going to be endless loop and people will complain every day without any changes made. How about we all start ask for a battle without boosting and such? Till we get fully developed battle engine. You think that would "fix" the issue somehow?

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
I'm not exactly why you're directing this at Teck as neither her or myself deal with the server coding on a regular basis.

Plus until further notice, the DEV team have requested that no server changes are made.

LanceDM

Well thats why Im not currently battling, as some of these guys are doing the same crap over and over, its very simple, I've been doing this the past 2 days but then i realized that its like BUG ABUSING* so Im now hunting/buying till something comes to evade this crap. As Eco and a few have said:

- TMs may help
- PPs in PvP battles
- Update Switching in PvP..

By now we can just sit and wait. And Idk if some of u noticed the thing ''who moves first/2nd has XX chance of missing the move'' pay attention ;).

The-Predator

Youngster
Bluerise said:
I'm not exactly why you're directing this at Teck as neither her or myself deal with the server coding on a regular basis.

Plus until further notice, the DEV team have requested that no server changes are made.

Well he/she was the one that has been doing updates to battle system thought he/she could work something out to give a possible solution into this cuz hmm battles like this rlly sucks, and BR guys all of em are doing the same "bug abuse"

HeavyPetter

I do understand that people who had developed "skills" in this game feel bad when suddenly their skills get nerfed and other ones get buffed to the point of being overpowered. However, one shouldn't take a beta project too seriously (or any game for that matter). It should be noted that combat in PWO has never been anything other than a battle of wits to find the best "bug abuse" as KPyppo so eloquently puts it above. Slaking was OP for a great amount of time (I want to take some credit to that being accepted as a fact after pointing it out time and again :p), then dragon pokemon in general. High damage moves have been extremely overused as compared to stat altering moves and ailments, and now the tables have turned and strategies have to be rethought. As a sneaky poison trainer - I see this as a grand opportunity.

Tecknician

Only thing I could do at the moment, is that if the stage limit is working. Make it cap at 3 or 4 stages. I am rather certain thugie would have no problem with me changing that.

The-Predator

Youngster
Tecknician said:
Only thing I could do at the moment, is that if the stage limit is working. Make it cap at 3 or 4 stages. I am rather certain thugie would have no problem with me changing that.

Hey teck nice to see you around, thx for take ur time and read all of this mess, though couldnt understand what u meant I would like to see what u have in mind I bet it is going to be better than whats currently heppening in PVP battles thx in advance and we all be waiting for it

LanceDM

Tecknician said:

This should be applied on moves like Screech/growl and stuff, I hope thats what you meant !

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
The current issue of this topic isn't whether or not to limit status boost to 3 or 4 stage increases/reductions. The problem Kpyppo introduced is going back and forth with moves like growl vs. Dragon dance, or featherdance vs swords dance. Recently people are even spamming moves like agility in order to have their opponent kill them as to not be boosted on, and the opponent refusing to kill the poke in order to boost the next pokemon. I could easily boost on a pokemon with 3-4 atk stages of atk depletion, so these battles of stubbornness will continue regardless. PP during PVP would really be the best option if TM's or B&W 2 moves are not on the table.

Dragon16

Youngster
EcoWOLFrb said:
The current issue of this topic isn't whether or not to limit status boost to 3 or 4 stage increases/reductions. The problem Kpyppo introduced is going back and forth with moves like growl vs. Dragon dance, or featherdance vs swords dance. Recently people are even spamming moves like agility in order to have their opponent kill them as to not be boosted on, and the opponent refusing to kill the poke in order to boost the next pokemon. I could easily boost on a pokemon with 3-4 atk stages of atk depletion, so these battles of stubbornness will continue regardless. PP during PVP would really be the best option if TM's or B&W 2 moves are not on the table.
Yes i had a guy continuesously attack me with agility just so i could kill his poke and he could bring out scizor and boost his next turn. it took nearly 15mins to kill one poke...