Revamped Dragons Den quest - Removal of water lab

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
The main thing I think that needs adjusted is that I think Slowking should be in the water I'm really upset that it's not...

Slowking can't spend all his time in the water, his crown would rust. He rules over the waters from above.

ywudany

Hi! Do any1 know how to start the new DDquest? I'm at the step where requires dratini's skin. Now it's denied and i don't know what to do next :(

ywudany

HitmonFonty said:
Did you find the skin and show it to the Historian?
Not yet :(. i found it once but at that time the server was crashed, and until now i didnt see another dratini

ReginaldAndreas

Sorry still agree with Merse on this one.
I mean sure the quest had its unessasary parts and what not, but its not like we have a story line or anything else to challenge us. There is no Team Rocket, there is no Elite Four, there are not a lot of quest... so like quests like DD are what makes the difference between the "go hard or go home trainers" and the average joes if that makes sense.

Now it's like everyone can get in.... it's a bit of a slap in the face for those who had to find the rare Dratini and kill it for it's skin instead of catching it.... ever since thin I've never seen another Dratini. -_- But that was the challenge we trainers had to overcome to get into DD.

I appreciate the staffs work. But maybe down the line you guys can come out with a very hard quest to gain access to an exclusive place for those go hard only trainers. In an MMORPG people like to feel different and like to stand out... like bragging rights. People like to feel like "yeah I made it into Dragons Den, pfft! Piece of cake" even though they were crying just like everyone else about finding Dratini skin. HAHAHAHHA

So maybe later down the line come out with more quest to fill up the game that involve more new areas and more trainers to battle with cool pokes to catch. Something hard but reasonable and sensible, involves all 16 badges, and you can get a lot out of it.

It's more of a friendly request than a demand ya feel me? That way everyone can have something to work towards and it will still have that competitive edge and be fun and remember pokemon is all about the competition of being the best trainer. Sounds corny but yeah, cant make it easy for everyone.

Just my opinion.

mad30

Youngster
ReginaldAndreas I understand the need for challenging quests, but this quest was made not to be that top end challenge because its for players who have started in johto and have the 7th/8th badge.

This quest, by design, will be easy for anyone who have all 16 badges and it wasn't a quest designed for them due to us wanting it to be an end of the first region quest.

The original dragons den quest was made to be a hard quest for more experience players, and it became hard for all the wrong reasons. Bugs, unneeded and illogical parts, and unclear and plain silly story lines. In the future the goal is to expand on this area, namely the dragons den itself and the dragon club by adding more side quests. I already have a few side quests in mind and because of the nature of the club it allows so much more. To give some light of some ideas floating around:
What if you can become the club leader?
What if you are responsible for managing the club funds?
What if you are able to send other club members (npcs) on quests?

Currently this quest is viewed as a quest for the dragons den, eventually, with enough additions I would like it to be seen as a series of quests for the dragon club.

The last 2 major quest updates, mt silver and the new dragons den quest has been added with the idea of being expanded upon for a overall bigger story and questline.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
ywudany said:
HitmonFonty said:
Did you find the skin and show it to the Historian?
Not yet :(. i found it once but at that time the server was crashed, and until now i didnt see another dratini

Then you still need to complete this step of the quest before moving on.

ReginaldAndreas

Cool. Aight mad30 I'll trust you guys to do your thing.

Oh but one thing that has been intriguing me... is that in Dragons Den the old man mentions there is a place under the Dragon's Shrine where a powerful trainer is....... this blew my god damn mind when I found it. Now I'm forever watching the Dragon Shine waiting to see if I will ever have the chance to prove myself strong enough to enter this hidden part (which I'm sure isnt even in the game yet) and challenge this trainer and the pokemon there. @_@!!!

mad30

Youngster
ReginaldAndreas said:

Oh but one thing that has been intriguing me... is that in Dragons Den the old man mentions there is a place under the Dragon's Shrine where a powerful trainer is....... this blew my god damn mind when I found it. Now I'm forever watching the Dragon Shine waiting to see if I will ever have the chance to prove myself strong enough to enter this hidden part (which I'm sure isnt even in the game yet) and challenge this trainer and the pokemon there. @_@!!!
I wasn't on the committee that did the original quest so I have no idea what they were planning. Apparently there's a basement or something which, in the games I do not believe their is, so not sure. Always an available option to explore however, which is good.

Axeman

One of the thoughts that came to mind is about the removal of the water lab. I play anong with a couple of friends, and we are always looking for new or interesting places. I was messing with some ideas and thought, if it's possible why not make the water lab into a training place, where people can go specificly to battle each other. Or, make it more of a tournament kind of place and put up special Pokemon, such as 3rd Gens or HR and shinys. I know there are a lot of problems to work out with th this idea, but it's nothing more than a suggestion.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
There's already a plan in place for the Water lab. ~

Zanattos19

ReginaldAndreas said:

That specific trainer is a Mewtwo holder for what i have heard!!

ReginaldAndreas

No the Mewtwo holder is in Cerulean Cave in the place where you would usually catch Mewtwo.
So I highly doubt they would have another Mewtwo holder in the basement of Dragons Den... that wouldnt make sense.
Not only that the place I'm talking about doesnt even exist yet. It is just mentioned to you by the Dragon Master in the shrine but there is no way to access this place so I'm assuming it isnt even programmed into the game yet. Unless the staff clarifies anything I tend not to believe what I hear. lololol

CoolKnightST

I just hope now with the removal of the water lab that the 3rth generation that where there get an more logical rarety. Spheal for example an pokémon that could be compared with poliwag as rarthy has not be set to horrible rare. Spheal was also an pokémon that only lived in an specific climate. The water lab broke almost all of those rules. Speal should be common for various reason but should add least have an proper spot that fit with his climate.

Secondly now with the removal of the water lab the fishing skill has lost some of his attractions. Currently fishing also don't give advatage to train ones you can surf. I think this should be changed an bit so an high fishing level get more value.

psychosamm

Youngster
mad30 said:
Because of this change we have decided as compensation for those who have already completed the quest, they enjoyed a period of a lower encounter rate of bagon. Yes bagons encounter rate has decreased and is now more difficult to encounter. We have also added slowking as a normal HR encounter in return.
I don't understand this part, as compensation to those who had to kill a dratini, you rewarded them by making Bagon harder to find and added Slowking? How in any way is that a reward? It seems like more of a punishment to me, you never hear anyone say "Man, I really wish i had a Slowking!!!" I'm not sure if you mis-worded this or if that statement was some kind of joke.

edit: Or were you saying that since those who did the harder version of the quest were able to encounter Bagon more easily, that in itself was the "Reward" If so that's one horrible reward.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
edit: Or were you saying that since those who did the harder version of the quest were able to encounter Bagon more easily, that in itself was the "Reward" If so that's one horrible reward.

Yes the encounter rate has been easier before the new quest opened, it is now one of the hardest pokemon to find in PWO. As has been said previously- harder than snorlax.

CoolKnightST

Don't see to be an problem for bagon I think. It's one of the top PvP pokémons so it's logical he should be hard to catchable.

psychosamm

Youngster
HitmonFonty said:

Yes the encounter rate has been easier before the new quest opened, it is now one of the hardest pokemon to find in PWO. As has been said previously- harder than snorlax.
Ahh greaaaat. So instead of new people wasting their time with the long DD quest then wasting time finding bagon, they get to waste a little bit of time for the quest and a LOT of time finding Bagon. Whereas those who had done it previously got to do both! Woohoo! Thanks guys!

If you insist on making Bagon more rare, then instead of Slowking how about a different HR that may be somewhat useful...

CoolKnightST

Maybe in the future Gible (IV) and Deino (V) could be add there. However these dragon doesn't see to fit the profile for 100%. It's already an bad idea to add more Pseudo-Legendary Pokémon.

Maybe Axew an Semi-Pseudo when enter it's final form Haxorus seem to be the only dragon pokémon that could fit the job well out there. It's 5th generation so I don't think he could be add anytime soon. In black & white it's be set as uncommon (rare in pwo) so set as horrible rare in an inneutral habitat could work.