Revamped Dragons Den quest - Removal of water lab

Mhmd.Lucario

now i was hunting for dratini skin .... do i have to bagin the quest again from the beginning or what do i have to do next ?????

Merse

Youngster
This is most unfortunate in my opinion. Now the Dragons Den will be open for everyone, crowded with players, and because of its layout, full with bots. That won't increase the price of Dratini or Bagon, on the contrary! They will be so common, they will worth even less than they do now. OK, reduced chance in theory would help, but watch this:
There are 3 players in DD who catch in average 3 Bagons in 1 day. Now you reduced the encounter chance so they can catch only 1.5 Bagon per day in average (and that means the encounter rate was halved, which is an insane reduction!). But meanwhile you made the DD quest far easier. There is no "noob firewall" part of the quest, it can be completed way faster and way less effort now, so everyone will have access to the Den. So there will be 10 players now in the DD, who catch, even with the reduced chance they will catch 5 Bagons. 3 < 5.
OK, the DD quest was boring, but I think the area where the two best Pokemon ingame (except Slaking of course) can be found shouldn't be reachable so easily.

Not to mention that I spent almost a month with making the quest, now I'll be jealous to those who make it faster :p

ywudany

I'm now at the stage of hunting dratini skin. So the quest is rewritten to pass without it. Where do i need to go now for compleating this step and reach the next steps?
Thanks for your great efforts Dev and Staff team ^^

ReginaldAndreas

....... it took months for me to complete Dragons Den Quest because of the Dratini hunting... when I completed it I felt like I had proven myself among the dedicated PWO trainers. Also... I only completed the quest so that I could Bagon hunt...

And now your telling me noobs wont have to know the pain of Dratini hunting, they dont even need 16 badges, or to get their fishing lvl up to find Dratini easier AND that now after all my hard work to complete the quest, the old fashioned way mind you, to find the already hard to find Bagon, it will now be even harder to find Bagons?

Sigh.... I never get a break in this game.

When is Gallade coming out? So I could spend ridiculous amounts of money on tokens in hopes of getting a shiny one? <__<

ReginaldAndreas

P.S I appreciate all of the hard work from the staff.

I guess I'm just like "Y U NO MAKE UPDATE UNTIL AFTER I COMPLETE QUEST?!?! >8-O!"

But meh whatever. Me and the other trainers can share stories about what we had to do while noobs had it too easy. lolol

MrFlare2

Youngster
sagarpatel740 said:
why slowking in dragonden ... why not trapinch or swablu ::(
realyy sad :(
Something i may think is an answer to Trapinch or Swablu not being in the Den = Trapinch lives in SANDY Areas, not a wet cave like D.Den. Swablu is a FLYING pokemon (yes it turns into a dragon, but does it really make sense something that is so small and needs to fly has its wings wet?) (I'm aware of Zubat and Crobat in there, but they don't have cotton wings do they?)

Merse

Youngster
jabba said:
I have finished the new quest after 2 hours :)
LOL! Now this is ridiculous... The most valuable area in PWO can be accessed with a 2 hours quest. Just.... lol... I think I'll sell my Bagons before their price drops to 100k.

Sorry staff, I'm usually backing your ideas and steps to enhance the game, but this was an horrible mistake IMO.

MrFlare2 said:
Something i may think is an answer to Trapinch or Swablu not being in the Den = Trapinch lives in SANDY Areas, not a wet cave like D.Den. Swablu is a FLYING pokemon (yes it turns into a dragon, but does it really make sense something that is so small and needs to fly has its wings wet?) (I'm aware of Zubat and Crobat in there, but they don't have cotton wings do they?)

Swablu is primarily flying Pokemon, and Altaria only gains dragon features when it evolves, but it doesn't become a dragon...

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
Merse, the idea is that CC gets an overhaul eventually as well with both areas being balanced.

Right before this, players had a major issue with areas to grind in before getting to kanto. Now, instead of training boringly forever on level 20s, they can do an hours-long quest to gain access to an area with much fairer levels.

As for spawns/etc, it was done to not slap the players that did the over the top and majorly broken previous DD quest. We didn't want to leave them in the dust.
I mean, imagine doing that quest and being happy, then the staff go "OH now the quest is easier. Sucks to be you, previous questers."
Instead, it's "OH now the quest is easier but the older players had an advantage." That's a bit more considerate, yeah?

CC will eventually get a rehaul that is approx. equal in balance to DD, and if further adjustments need to be made anywhere else those will be done too.

Professor.Oak

Although I get the reasoning behind it, I have to agree with Merse, there should of been another way to do it.
Personally I liked the idea of a sort of "Ultimate Cave" type thing in-game, now that they're both going to be pretty much equally hard to get into, it just seems like "Meh".

Although the level grind I agree is an issue, I'm sure there could of been a way to do something different , like just making the Pokemon in Tohjo Falls higher levels, its an area where both Johto and Kanto players with 8 badges or more can access and it would of been much easier to do.

Merse

Youngster
What Oak says.
Plus making the access easier to DD it kicks a last one into an already dying economy. Bagon was the last Pokemon considered somehow hard to get, because you had to make the DD quest for it. Now even Bagon lost its specialty...

Stevie

Not really. Bagon is now much, much harder to find now with the rate change.

Saric

Youngster
Merse said:
jabba said:
I have finished the new quest after 2 hours :)
LOL! Now this is ridiculous... The most valuable area in PWO can be accessed with a 2 hours quest. Just.... lol... I think I'll sell my Bagons before their price drops to 100k.

Sorry staff, I'm usually backing your ideas and steps to enhance the game, but this was an horrible mistake IMO.
To be fair, dden isn't really too valuable anymore. Bagon is a lot harder to find now, and dden is already outclassed by two other areas in terms of exp yield. To be honest, I'd say Mt silver is the most valuable area right now mainly due to the addition of larvitar, better training area, and the addition of rare onix.

mad30

Youngster
Bagon has become harder to obtain than snorlax, not to mention snorlax has no requirements for accessing that area.

Merse

Youngster
I wouldn't call a 2 hours quest a "requirement"...
But if Bagon is really THAT hard to find, then it may turn out good.

BlameAoD

narutofoxLT said:
Cool Slowking, but him not for that map and better be in water :)
He's not in the water that's why I'm so frustrated with this I don't even get a chance to find it even tho i'm in DD ALL the time, because I stay in the water and despite being a water type they did not make him available in the water...

BlameAoD

CheckeredZebra said:
CC will eventually get a rehaul that is approx. equal in balance to DD, and if further adjustments need to be made anywhere else those will be done too.
The main thing I think that needs adjusted is that I think Slowking should be in the water I'm really upset that it's not...