Request to extend Festive Town.

Do you want to extend the date of festive town event?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Doesn't Matter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

8ugs

I live in the states, and I play enough PWO as is. I don't have gratuitous problems with server up/downtime from my standpoint. :/

Kaiko

Youngster
Also, the event wasn't supposed to happen in the first place. But we gave you guys a christmas/winter event anyway. Why would we extend it, so the new players can do the event? Did we do that when registration happened after the halloween event? no, we didn't. So it wouldn't be fair to do it now.
[/quote]

i found this game in august on google. i tried so hard to get on in september and october, but wasn't till november that i got a chance to register. i did not have a chance at the halloween event that i missed, and am not complaining. so stop it. especialy those who live in or close to europe. the people in north/south america are the ones who are truly missing out on server up timers. as most gm's (from what i have been told) live in europe.
[/quote]

Who said I was complaining? I was using it as part of a example.. Secondly, Im from north america and I manage to do just fine with the server timers.. Thirdly, It is a opinion, so no need to tell someone to 'stop it' when you can simply just not reply to it.. Fourthly, I get what you mean by you missed out on the event. I was even here for the event, and found nothing of importance. No spiritomb. No cacnea. I simply used the fact that we didn't extend that event to prove a point.
If you notice, where this quote came from, I was making a long statement as to why I thought the event shouldn't be extended. Thus why I said this. It is nothing close to a complain. But a a mere fact, that we didn't extend the event. So I don't know why you think its complaining, when it files into what you said, and I quote "i found this game in august on google. i tried so hard to get on in september and october, but wasn't till november that i got a chance to register. i did not have a chance at the halloween event that i missed" That right there falls into what I was trying to say.. That you missed out on the event, just like a lot of people did. Thus why I was saying that it wouldn't be fair to extend the event for the new registration group also. If we didn't for you and other players..

gokulthegr8

well..i've made my request..now its up to d staffs or admins whther to fullfill em or not.. many ppl want d event to be held atleast 1 day longer..i hope that d staffs wil understand wat i am trying to say..!!

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Sounds like this has just become a 'complain about server downtimes' post. People play online games at all hours, if you are unlucky enough to get 'all' of the downtimes when you want to play don't assume all the people where you live are having the same problem. And don't assume that people who live elsewhere can play whenever they feel like it.

So they extend the quest for a few people who can't finish the eevee quest. Then the new people starting on the 7th get to play.. so how long do they extend it for them? Longer than us surely since they start at level 5 with one poke so they first need time to get strong enough to actually play in Festive Town.. So maybe a week or two more for them on top of the two weeks we've already had.. so another month. Of course there are other reg days in January as well so they could just keep extending it so everyone gets a chance...

I don't see the problem here- keeping a christmas event open until February sometime. (online sarcasm for those who didn't catch it)

mad30

Youngster
From what I can tell there are people on the opposite side of me that has been able to have enough up time to complete the quest (I live in america). If not having enough time to complete the quest is really the problem, if you haven't been able to in what will be 2 weeks what makes you believe another day will make a difference?

gokulthegr8

another day definitely makes a lot of difference..and i don c y not d registration be moved up a day as well?..well..tats all i can say..!!

mad30

Youngster
gokulthegr8 said:
another day definitely makes a lot of difference..and i don c y not d registration be moved up a day as well?..well..tats all i can say..!!

You want an extra day to do an event that you have had SOME time to partake in, while making it so people who have never played PERIOD have to wait another day........?

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
and i don c y not d registration be moved up a day as well?..well..tats all i can say..!!

Yes of course! Move reg up one day. All those people who turn up at 1pm on the 7th will be very happy you thought of that one. Maybe you could record yourself killing sneasels and post it on youtube to keep them busy that day.  :p

lundy2011

HitmonFonty said:
and i don c y not d registration be moved up a day as well?..well..tats all i can say..!!

Maybe you could record yourself killing sneasels and post it on youtube to keep them busy that day.  :p

made me lol haha

gokulthegr8

fine..no use arguing..!!d server has been down for last 7hrs or so..-__- how do u except sum1 to finih d quest if d server is down whole day?..-__-

accursed1

Youngster
Website
www.xelion.webs.com
Kaiko said:
Also, the event wasn't supposed to happen in the first place. But we gave you guys a christmas/winter event anyway. Why would we extend it, so the new players can do the event? Did we do that when registration happened after the halloween event? no, we didn't. So it wouldn't be fair to do it now.

i found this game in august on google. i tried so hard to get on in september and october, but wasn't till november that i got a chance to register. i did not have a chance at the halloween event that i missed, and am not complaining. so stop it. especialy those who live in or close to europe. the people in north/south america are the ones who are truly missing out on server up timers. as most gm's (from what i have been told) live in europe.
[/quote]

Who said I was complaining? I was using it as part of a example.. Secondly, Im from north america and I manage to do just fine with the server timers.. Thirdly, It is a opinion, so no need to tell someone to 'stop it' when you can simply just not reply to it.. Fourthly, I get what you mean by you missed out on the event. I was even here for the event, and found nothing of importance. No spiritomb. No cacnea. I simply used the fact that we didn't extend that event to prove a point.
If you notice, where this quote came from, I was making a long statement as to why I thought the event shouldn't be extended. Thus why I said this. It is nothing close to a complain. But a a mere fact, that we didn't extend the event. So I don't know why you think its complaining, when it files into what you said, and I quote "i found this game in august on google. i tried so hard to get on in september and october, but wasn't till november that i got a chance to register. i did not have a chance at the halloween event that i missed" That right there falls into what I was trying to say.. That you missed out on the event, just like a lot of people did. Thus why I was saying that it wouldn't be fair to extend the event for the new registration group also. If we didn't for you and other players..
[/quote]
i was agreeing with you that ash ketchim's qualms are invalid. as there are lots of peope who try to get on this game and it is just luck when the reg time happens to be in tune with your schedule. here in north america, the game is always down but i never complain. it took me alomst 3 monts to get reg time to when i could do t (aka not at work) i did not cmplain. i was agreeing with you kaiako.........

Kaiko

Youngster
accursed1 said:
Kaiko said:

i was agreeing with you that ash ketchim's qualms are invalid. as there are lots of peope who try to get on this game and it is just luck when the reg time happens to be in tune with your schedule. here in north america, the game is always down but i never complain. it took me alomst 3 monts to get reg time to when i could do t (aka not at work) i did not cmplain. i was agreeing with you kaiako.........

OH! I'm sorry. I misunderstood. It seemed like you weren't agreeing with me, which is why i made a post to reply with =p I must be getting tired. My apologies. Also, It took me awhile to get registered also. But that was half cause I wasn't interested in trying this game at first. xD But yes, it does depend on luck you could say. Glad you agree. =D

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
fine..no use arguing..!!d server has been down for last 7hrs or so..-__- how do u except sum1 to finih d quest if d server is down whole day?..-__-

As I said this has just become an excuse to whinge about the server downtime. You should all know why it is down by now and not expect compensation for it in any way shape or form. Just learn to deal already.

accursed1

Youngster
Website
www.xelion.webs.com
and yes, i saw the server change to halloween, with a sad feeling, but at the same time i knew that they would probably plan the same thing (or similar) for next year. i missed out because of +6gmt and the fact hat i am a university student with a job, but i got over it. it took me from august till november to register, but i got over it. the people who have not been able to complete the quest will ALSO get over it.

marinica94

Banned
I vote for no.
First of all I took my Eevee and I gave it gift to a friend that I help him very much in PWO and couldn't farm very much in festive town + a snover.
Second time, I stoped farm festive town 3-4 days ago, we don't like those events because new guys come and get pokes like S snover S Spheal or other S vr/HR even rare and there is not balance of new guys and pro players.
Event took too long, from my opinion he should took only 3-5 days starting first christmas day and endint untill new year.
Events like those will keep beeing.

MacCollin

Website
marc2010.deviantart.com
as i mentioned before, i am in my exam-time so i can´t play that often at the moment. the server is also very often offline during i want to play. most of the time it goes up at 10 p.m. gmt+1 in  so i was able to play some hours before sleeping and learning again.
although there wasnt really a lot of time to spend in game i managed it to get the eevee at first or second january... i dont know how it can be possible if you invest 1 or 2 hours each day that you can´t complete the quest untill the event is closed. however i voted for "extend the event" if there is really an evidence that players can´t play at all without staying up at 3 a.m. or something similar AND if it doesn´t cause more work for the staff. it is a game and you can´t expect that someone stays up at 3 a.m. if there is a serverside problem. it is not the staffs duty but it would be nice if everyone would have the same chance to complete the event. if you would really use a clock to get up during the night to play a game because the server is offline the most time, i would call you crazy and / or addicted....seriously.
in my opinion nobody gets hurted (besides the prices of some pokes and greed shouldnt be an argument for closing events) by an extended event but if there are further plans of the staff that might get touched in a negative way by extending this event (shortterm or longterm doesn´t matter) the event should be ended at 7th january then. (sry for some gram faults i m tired :p)

B

BigTrex

...It's decided since Day One.. I guess having an Eevee won't be on my 'Reasons To Get Excited' anymore... Well, that's life. At least I have my Santa Hat :3 Damn I look pretty! :D

gokulthegr8

nevermind..i just hav 18 more guds to go..i just hope server comes up soon..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.