PWO Economy: Prices in our Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

risefromruins

Youngster
King said:
good article are you commerce student or something ? and i don't agree with cloysters being that good. they indeed have great def but on the other side really bad sp def (126 max) can easily get killed by special attack moves.  :p

Yeah I personaly prefer my Lappy over a Cloyster.  And I am in school for business, so I have already taken macroeconomics and I am in microeconomics right now so I have a pretty good understanding of how that stuff works.

King

risefromruins said:
King said:
good article are you commerce student or something ? and i don't agree with cloysters being that good. they indeed have great def but on the other side really bad sp def (126 max) can easily get killed by special attack moves.  :p

Yeah I personaly prefer my Lappy over a Cloyster.  And I am in school for business, so I have already taken macroeconomics and I am in microeconomics right now so I have a pretty good understanding of how that stuff works.
ah macro micro economics, i remember failing in economics in my high school lol.  :mad:

marinica94

Banned
Thank you risefromruins for this post, it will help a lot players and it helped me too.
I don't have what to add I think everyone ho posted before me added already.

8ugs

Very nice. Thanks for the update. Keep them coming. ^^

Contagion

risefromruins said:
Seth said:
[nobbc]I agree with all of the new pokemon besides Machop. You're valuing a Machamp equal to an Gyarados which can't happen. Even though it doesn't have as many weaknesses and is a decent battler fighting type (Tyra killer), enough of them are out there now that the price should've gone down. I believe Machop should reside at 8 - 10m (same as geodude) with a Machamp at 15 - 18m max. [/nobbc]

I personally think Gyarados is a bit overpriced due to the fact that hyper beam was powered down.  In the old PWO, when gyarados was hittin' people with HB and 150 power behind it, he was worth a lot more.  Now that it is toned down I feel like he shouldn't be worth as much as he used to.

3 things:

1. Love these articles. It will be interesting to see what happens with (s) Gastly's now... I think they are overpriced, but you're right, they haven't seen the usual reduction in price after becoming common. I remember a few years ago when grimer became common for the first time (previously VR) and everyone wanted one. I overpaid for it at the time, only to see after the Halloween event that made it common end and it remain a common.

I think Gastly will be made common again, if not permanently then at least every Halloween -- so as they increase on the server they will reduce. I am just shocked they have maintained value so long. Especially considering ghost type moves come off of physical attack stat and eventually we all know Dream Eater will get fixed.

2. Speaking of things getting fixed, this is the first I have heard of Hyper Beams reduction... I am glad to hear it, but it must have happened during my time away from the game... i too remember when Gyara's were way overused and Hyper Beam spammers won the tourneys.

Out of curiosity, what was it's power reduced to? (And on a side note, the wiki move list and list of broken moves is soo outdated..)

3. Keep the articles coming, I can confirm everything you're saying, I sold a Cloyster with decent stats last week myself for 10m and I traded my max speed drago for a (s) rare and a couple 15 token pokes... I was happy for the deal and it goes to show how sought after these are.

Keep up the good work rise.

risefromruins

Youngster
I THINK that hyper beam has been reduced to either 120 or 90 power.  I am not sure which one it is though.

I will be updating this very soon too, a lot more pokemon to cover.

King

risefromruins said:
I THINK that hyper beam has been reduced to either 120 or 90 power.  I am not sure which one it is though.

its 120.  :)

Seth

risefromruins said:

GE Luke confirmed 100 in all chat one day due to the Dragonite/ Gyara overpowering everything else with it.

V

Vongola94

TBH i seen someone few days ago that tryed to get Machop for 70m :)

risefromruins

Youngster
Vongola94 said:
TBH i seen someone few days ago that tryed to get Machop for 70m :)

I see that all the time, doesn't mean that is what it should be worth.  It is extremely inflated, but in the end it is still a s common, just one of the better ones.

risefromruins

Youngster
The iv's stay the same no matter what level it is.  You got a very nice shellder on you hands, I can easily see someone paying atleast 10m if not more.

Juuza

risefromruins said:
The iv's stay the same no matter what level it is.  You got a very nice shellder on you hands, I can easily see someone paying atleast 10m if not more.
no i mean i put the stats in but with lvl 20 instead of 21, its not really that good

risefromruins

Youngster
Juuza said:
risefromruins said:
no i mean i put the stats in but with lvl 20 instead of 21, its not really that good

Haha, honest mistake but that does change a lot.  I can see it going for 3m-5m probably, still has decent stats.

also, I would like to note that I have updated the thread with 3 new pokemon!

Tune

risefromruins said:
Now after the event I believe only 5-6 of each pokemon were caught

This is definitely not true for (S) Koffing, as I caught 3 of them myself during the Halloween event and I know a lot more people who caught them.
I think they were mistakenly listed as rare when in fact they were common, anyone who was in the Spooky Tunnels for a long period of time would have discovered the same.
I think you're correct with (S) Mightyena though.

risefromruins

Youngster
Tune said:
risefromruins said:
Now after the event I believe only 5-6 of each pokemon were caught

This is definitely not true for (S) Koffing, as I caught 3 of them myself during the Halloween event and I know a lot more people who caught them.
I think they were mistakenly listed as rare when in fact they were common, anyone who was in the Spooky Tunnels for a long period of time would have discovered the same.
I think you're correct with (S) Mightyena though.

Can't be right 100% of the time, thanks for your input though.  I'll edit the post and credit you

K

krisz019

2 (s) growlithes were caught by seth this week and 1 of them were sold. the bidding is pretty hectic.

risefromruins

Youngster
krisz019 said:
2 (s) growlithes were caught by seth this week and 1 of them were sold. the bidding is pretty hectic.

I doubt that will affect S Growl/Arc's worth in any way.  They are still a very good pokemon in battle so they will always be one of the more expensive S Rares.

Tune

Woah big grats to Seth. I must ask where he is catching these. xD

Apologies if I came across the wrong way btw. I love your guide and it's personally helped me a lot already.

risefromruins

Youngster
Tune said:
Woah big grats to Seth. I must ask where he is catching these. xD

Apologies if I came across the wrong way btw. I love your guide and it's personally helped me a lot already.

Oh not at all, if anything I am thanking you.  I don't mind a little help every now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.