PWO Economy: Prices in our Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

risefromruins

Youngster
Time to revive this thread and I will now have it constantly updated, along with keeping a record of what I write starting today.

[glow=red]Please DO NOT post your pokemon and it's stats and ask what it's value is[/glow]

[glow=green]Important note[/glow]:  xNovoxx and myself are in the process of compiling a COMPLETE market guide.  This guide will include every pokemon in game, their rarity, their price range when normal/shiny/uber, and what stats are necessary if any to have the pokemon be viable.  This is a long list and it will take time.  I hope to have it completed by January which is why I asked xNovoxx to help me, he knows just as much as I do about pricing so you can expect a guide that is 99% accurate to the actual prices in game.

In here I will be discussing the value of pokemon expressed in Pokedollars (as it is the easiest means of doing so) to help make some trades in game more fair and help new players learn more about our economy.

This week I will be talking about a few pokemon that have become suddenly desireable amongst new players and old players alike.  With the addition of the new staff run pokemon auction (which is a great program) Shiny [glow=red]Tauros[/glow] is now a demanded pokemon, which also brings up the demand for non-shiny tauros.  Another pokemon that is changing with the times would be [glow=red]Dragonite[/glow].  And finally, the last pokemon that is turning heads in PWO would be shiny [glow=red]Hoppip[/glow].

With the addition of the Pokemon Auction, pokemon that would normally seem impossible to get have become a very possible addition to your collection.  Shiny Tauros normally would be worth somewhere around 600-700m due to it's scarcity in game and it's battle potential when it's moveset is updated.  Now the S Tauros in the auction will easily go for more then 1b worth of pokemon and money combined, but once it is in game it's value will change significantly.  I can't predict what will happen to it yet, but in time it will be more clear.  Now a non-shiny tauros is a different story.  Normally they can go from anywhere to 200k-1m depending on the seller and if it has decent stats.  If you stumble upon one with great stats then they can easily be sold for up to 5m

Next is dragonite.  Not too long ago this pokemon was by far the most sought after pokemon in game due to it's battle potential.  And if you had a max speed one, well then you had arguably the most valuably pokemon in game.  This was due to dragonite being an extremely powerful battler, and the legendary cup only made it more desireable.  Just a few weeks ago I would see them being sold from anywhere to 50m to over 200m worth of pokemon.  Now their price has significantly dropped, or atleast will in the next coming weeks.  A normal dragonite now will be worth at most 15m.  An uber one will also be capped around 25m, which is still extremely good for a HR pokemon.

Finally Shiny Hoppip.  This pokemon, to my knowledge, used to be a S Rare but with the addition of the new Johto Safari zone has become a common.  This pokemon is only common in 2 places in PWO, so it is very similar to S Mankey.  What I believe seperates them though is the fact that Hoppip is so hard to train which increases it's value to a certain degree and a collectors pokemon, wheras mankey's value is increased due to it's battle potential. By being able to compare those two pokemon, Jumpluff is essentially equal in value to that of mankey so I would consider its worth to be anymore from 15m-30m.

[move]------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/move]

That is what I have to say this week about our economy in PWO.  I just want to note that I rarely use pokemoney in the game.  I find it useless and am far more interested in trading with pokemon.  BUT it is substantially easier to convey pokemon values in a dollar format.

I would also like to note...these prices are strictly my opinion.  You may not agree with me, but this is how I see these pokemons' worths.

Tauros: 200k-5m
Dragonite: 15m-25m
S Hoppip: 15m-30m
S Mankey: 20m-35m
S Arcanine: 300m-350m
S Alakzam: 275m-300m
S Gastly: 100m-200m
S Mightyena: 200m
S Koffing: 200m-250m
Shellder: 750k-10m

*more will be added here in time and organized better*

I

inileater

As much as id like to disagree with your assumption of S Gastly, i feel compelled to say your right as it feels like i would have to trade my entire max level team just to trade for one.

Tune

Have to agree with you on S Gastly. I honestly expected them to fall to around 50-100mil by this point but nope.. they've held their price and I wouldn't be surprised if they quickly inflate again. I guess part of this is because they are not "THAT" common in comparison to other commons.. It shares the area with 6 other commons that can show up in its place being: Zubat, Golbat, Ekans, Ratata, Geodude and Koffing. People may disagree with me with Golbat and Koffing but they are showing up in exact same frequency as commons are in that area. I myself have found 3 Shiny Koffings and 1 Shiny Golbat.

I'm not sure about the other locations S Gastly is found but there is at least 5 commons in each area.

8ugs

My opinion on your projected prices notwithstanding (A good opinion, I swear). I appreciated the effort you put into this. It would be nice to hear more of the PWO Economy; just for newbies to get a better grasp of what is pokemon is worth how much. Keep up the good work, and thanks. ^^

I

iHeartz

Note on S-gastly. Not that I am disagree but I should give my point of view.
From what I observe, a pokemon rarity depends on its existing number in the server.. Now for an example, what differs a value of S-rattata and S-magnemite? They are both S-commons, and why do S-mags go for like 40m++ meanwhile S-rats..?
The same thing goes for S-gastlys.. They are now commons. And turning their rarity back to rare should not change their value much, considering their number in this server after the event ends.. Like there will be 30-40 S-gastlys? Or more. Think of 2 S-gastlys appear everyday, multiple them by 21 days. After the event ends it will be hard for players to encounter a S-gastly but who cares, they are everywhere, there are a lot of S-gastlys in the server and they will move from one owner to another owner, makes it easy for someone to look for one.
Looking back on the old days.. It needs approximately a year for S-arca to be considered as S-rare. So do gastlys.
I agree with you at this point.. 40m would be a fair price considering their usage or like tune said, not that "common".. and from what I see these days the demand of S-gastlys is decreasing.. If they think a S-gastly is a fair addition for a S-rare trade then I can not say anything, it all depends on what they need.

Referring the "useless" word to pokedollars.. I find it neutral and not that useless, since they are still useful to buy stuffs at pokemart. Another fact, pokedollars are always used for addition, if something is considered too worthy to trade that may cause disadvantages to one party.
But yeah some people enjoy trading pokemons rather than selling them for pokedollars.

risefromruins

Youngster
I can agree that the quantity of the particular pokemon directly affects its' selling price.  Like in the case of a rattata, they are only worth 1m-2m because there are so many.  The main reason I believe gastly is, and will be in the future, worth so much is because of its' demand.  Economics 101....supply and demand controls the market. 

Before the event the supply of S Gastly was limited....I'd be willing to say there were no more then 10-15 of them actively in game.  Due to this small supply their price was always very high.  As compared to S Arcanine, there are more of them in game but they are also very useful in battle which is why their worth is about equal to Gastly's old price.

Now that there are not only more S Gastly's in game, but the opportunity to obtain your own shiny one is what greatly increased the demand for the pokemon.  With the demand increasing, and the supply increasing almost 400%-500%, prices will rise.  People still want the pokemon above any other in game at the moment....or at least it is in the top 5 most wanted list...thus maintaining it's high price value.  I do agree that it will take some time for Gastly to return to its true S Rare position but because of the demand for it, it is still essentially a S Rare.

And the pokedollars are strictly my own opinion.  They are good to have, they can always help spicen up a deal, but I would never sell any of my good pokemon for them.  If I received an offer of 800m on one of my S Rares, I might have to take it but anything less and I wouldn't be interested.  I am also more of a battler then a collector, money can buy you some rare and interesting pokemon, but it can't replace an Uber Uncatchable.

Seth

Tune said:
Have to agree with you on S Gastly. I honestly expected them to fall to around 50-100mil by this point but nope.. they've held their price and I wouldn't be surprised if they quickly inflate again. I guess part of this is because they are not "THAT" common in comparison to other commons.. It shares the area with 6 other commons that can show up in its place being: Zubat, Golbat, Ekans, Ratata, Geodude and Koffing. People may disagree with me with Golbat and Koffing but they are showing up in exact same frequency as commons are in that area. I myself have found 3 Shiny Koffings and 1 Shiny Golbat.

I'm not sure about the other locations S Gastly is found but there is at least 5 commons in each area.
Gastly is Rare in spookytunnel...

Gastly is common in the maze and Dusktown.

P

Pboy_A.M.R.

So that is what happens when economy + a Pokemon game mix... I agree about the [glow=green]inflation[/glow] , the prices for a pokemon are rising and lowering when registration opens, some people sell Butterfrees for $20,000. (I forgot where I was going with this  :-\ )

juli-o.o

thanks for writing this to all of you...that really helps me (and surely others as well) to get a better feeling of the value of their pokemon. I'd really like to see this topic being extended and new information to be added! :)

8ugs

Tune said:
He's a common in all of them.

Gastly is actually rare in the Catacombs, I know for certain. ^^ However, the Spooky Tunnel, I am not so sure.

Tune

Vicariously_Vital said:
Gastly is actually rare in the Catacombs, I know for certain. ^^ However, the Spooky Tunnel, I am not so sure.

Was just commenting on the ones mentioned. but yeah, 100% common in spooky tunnel, I've been there whole event.

Seth

[nobbc]I agree with all of the new pokemon besides Machop. You're valuing a Machamp equal to an Gyarados which can't happen. Even though it doesn't have as many weaknesses and is a decent battler fighting type (Tyra killer), enough of them are out there now that the price should've gone down. I believe Machop should reside at 8 - 10m (same as geodude) with a Machamp at 15 - 18m max. [/nobbc]

risefromruins

Youngster
Seth said:
[nobbc]I agree with all of the new pokemon besides Machop. You're valuing a Machamp equal to an Gyarados which can't happen. Even though it doesn't have as many weaknesses and is a decent battler fighting type (Tyra killer), enough of them are out there now that the price should've gone down. I believe Machop should reside at 8 - 10m (same as geodude) with a Machamp at 15 - 18m max. [/nobbc]

I personally think Gyarados is a bit overpriced due to the fact that hyper beam was powered down.  In the old PWO, when gyarados was hittin' people with HB and 150 power behind it, he was worth a lot more.  Now that it is toned down I feel like he shouldn't be worth as much as he used to.

King

good article are you commerce student or something ? and i don't agree with cloysters being that good. they indeed have great def but on the other side really bad sp def (126 max) can easily get killed by special attack moves.  :p

Status
Not open for further replies.