Opa - Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuiiHenrique

Well, well, well...

First of all I would like to say to EcruteaksGhosts members that this time we won't have a (s) Smeargle raffle within the Guild. Are we sad about it? Not! We just have fun.

Now come on, could I be doing a year-end post? Yes, but since I don't usually do this kind of thing, I decided to just share my opinion and congratulate the team on the recent developments.

At this point, I want to start with a reflection: Whenever we think we've seen everything in PWO, he goes there and BOOM! It surprises you more and more...

“But Guii, what do you want to tell us?” ...
Well, the answer is simple, I just want to congratulate! I want to congratulate the team for the competence and for the incredible work presented in the last Art Contest. It is really difficult to design and manage a competition where there are no rules. At this point, I confess that I was EXTREMELY SURPRISED to see that the official announcement had more lines to announce the award than lines to present the rules. But here's a plus point. We can observe that, like humans, the administrator was able to adapt. It became clear that as the players' doubts arose, he began to feel the need to inform and create limits within a competition (congratulations to those who have time to spend all day reading the forum). That was really awesome... I even stood up to applaud him.

I would also like to say that, as in the previous Contest, so much capacity and competence shown by the team made me have a special place in my heart. It was amazing! I just managed to get canceled before the competition ended. Yes, as surprising as it seems the competition had one rule, it had an end date. But lo and behold... it was not fulfilled. As this was World Cup year, I would say that this was another goal scored by the Staff.

Note: It appears that I had a direct hand in the Contest closing. The reason, only competent professionals are able to say. I preferred to believe that I was leaving the competition for voting for my drawing, well, but it wasn't written that this generated disqualification, it just said not to vote, just not consider my vote. I can say that I was not disqualified because I received the participation TKs. The only conclusion we can come to is that those who voted for me, for some reason, had their votes cancelled.

Anyway, if all this occurrence was limited only to the player “GuiiHenrique” (that is, me), it would not be a problem, it would even have fun. However, they preferred to extend it to some Players in my Guild, and this is shared by a Staff member. Once again I want to congratulate the Staff.

Well, so far I've only congratulated the Staff, and my post cannot be considered sarcasm until someone proves otherwise. However, from this point I want to share my thoughts on the comments made and that they were not limited to just me.

To start I want to say to Staff Theater, Father, Paper, Feather (I don't really remember this guy's nickname) that, as he decided to call some of my team members cheaters, he is giving me full freedom to say what I think about him . I would like to comment on the official post, but for obvious (or not so obvious) reasons, I was prevented.

So Feathers (I had to go back to the post to remember your name) know that, in my point of view, as Staff you even had a good start. Showed enthusiasm and willingness to show news. But everything was limited to you and when you directed it at the players (creating a competition), you simply showed incompetence, couldn't stand the pressure and made a decision that, for me, was desperate.

In summary: I consider you weak. His justification was even more shameful. You say that everything didn't go as planned. Dude (???) ...there was no planning at all. In the ad post it just says to create a design and send it. You changed dates, you didn't say what would cause disqualification, and in the end you ended it all claiming cheating by a Guild, that is, we cheated in a competition that had no rules. This justification is simply a disgrace!

We are a team. We play as a team. We won as a team. If this bothers the other players, my suggestion, ask your team for help.

Apparently the method we play is against the PWO rules. Strangely, brazen fights between Guilds are allowed (provocations even appeared in the announcement post), the appearance of images on Discord... Well, well, well...

To the player @Klay who posted all the Ghosts members, I leave my thanks. You took the time to show that we still had a lot of votes. If I was disqualified and the competition continued, we would probably continue on the podium, as we had more competitors.

To the player @thunderclap , my advice is to stop crying about everything. It seems like everything has to be how you want it. The only point we agree on is YES! A player can corrupt the system. Proof of this is his post about mapping buttons to facilitate hunting... “Oooh mighty Xatu, no one has ever wondered why you can't always fish in the same spot.” The coolest thing is the Staff Member allowing its use. I would like to know if past accounts that were banned for this reason will have their accounts returned. After all, in the past we didn't even have a keyboard shortcut for fishing. What scares me is how the PWO identifies bots. - Link here...

Finally, I want to say that currently the EcruteaksGhosts Guild is the largest and most organized PWO Guild (which is the best everyone already knows).

I'll keep the post active until someone explains to me what a Guild is, if it's blocked, it should be for a real reason and not an invented reason like the Contest closing. If that happens, I'll create another one.

If you are a player and want to open a discussion with me, do it with facts. If you just say “I don't like you”, I will respect you. But I'll totally ignore lunatic ideas unless you have a bigger Gametime than me.

Tip for upcoming competitions: Announce the winner before announcing the competitors. For example: “You can send maps, drawings, or anything, but the winner will be player X”. It will be more organized.

I also want to record a timeline of the last Contests I participated in:
  • 2016 – I won the Map Contest – But there was a lot of crying from some players​
  • 2020 – Won the Map Contest – Competition suggested by players. Contest with totally disorganized ideas. In the end they lost my entry and dropped the download link for my maps. - Link here
  • 2022 – Total disorganization. It was considered as cheating. Contest had no rules.​
  • Loading...​

No more, be safe. Happy New Year!
I almost forgot, the Christmas event (UP TO THE TIME OF THIS PUBLICATION) is going well. I liked.
I also congratulate the winners and, if they want, they can use this post to thank or express their opinion about the Contest, as they were prevented from doing so in the official post.​

Last edited:

Isguros

Youngster
I'd like to congratulate you as well: you gathered the courage to participate in this event, and drew something by hand. Furthermore you even helped to extend the event to those not participating, giving them hope to walk away with the grand prize themselves.
Perhaps it's a bit frustrating to see it ending up like it has, but when it comes to art (as well as many other facets of life): the process, and the stories are more important than the results.

Klay

Youngster
too long -> didn't read + unwelcome ping + another contest another good opportunity to be a crybaby + nobody cares => blocked bye bye

GuiiHenrique

I'd like to congratulate you as well: you gathered the courage to participate in this event, and drew something by hand. Furthermore you even helped to extend the event to those not participating, giving them hope to walk away with the grand prize themselves.
Perhaps it's a bit frustrating to see it ending up like it has, but when it comes to art (as well as many other facets of life): the process, and the stories are more important than the results.
I agree. Processes and stories really are more important. It is quite clear that the result did not matter to me. But you don't have to tell me that, you have to tell those who closed the contest. My problem is with those who are unable to organize a competition and still try to shift the blame to a Guild with the "cheaters" argument.

too long -> didn't read + unwelcome ping + another contest another good opportunity to be a crybaby + nobody cares => blocked bye bye
Haha. It's true... We can do an exercise about this - We observe who was the first to cry.

thunderclap

Youngster
To the player @thunderclap , my advice is to stop crying about everything. It seems like everything has to be how you want it. The only point we agree on is YES! A player can corrupt the system. Proof of this is his post about mapping buttons to facilitate hunting... “Oooh mighty Xatu, no one has ever wondered why you can't always fish in the same spot.” The coolest thing is the Staff Member allowing its use. I would like to know if past accounts that were banned for this reason will have their accounts returned. After all, in the past we didn't even have a keyboard shortcut for fishing. What scares me is how the PWO identifies bots. - Link here...
The instructions said to vote for the art you like best. You drew a nice piece, but few if any would consider it the best. The disproportionate number of votes for your submission made it glaringly obvious that the voters weren't following the instructions, and that some influence beyond "the one they like best" was at play. Cheating is a strong word, but you shouldn't act like the contest was stolen from you when in fact you had intended to steal it. I guess you lost some money bribing your guild members to vote for you. You did not deserve to win and anyone could see that. Lobonatico's submission looks like a piece of professional art. Yours wasn't even colored in. Sorry that I ruffled your feathers by speaking against what you were doing. I do value you as an active good player in PWO but I value fairness more and I am not trying to win any popularity contests.

Regarding my "footsies" post that you linked, I don't know what you're trying to imply, but it's clearly a joke. It also clearly does nothing that gains anyone an advantage. Nor does any other part of that thread. It's all just about remapping button A to button B. I am vehemently opposed to any kind of cheating in PWO, actively reporting when I can, and wish I had tools to detect cheaters directly. We'd have a lot more banned players if that was the case. I posted that guide mainly as an assertion that that tool, strictly used in that way, which I use, is NOT cheating.

I "cry" about things because I care. There are a handful of amazing great staff members on the team, desperately trying to carry PWO on their backs. There are also as many "legacy" staff members who maintain positions of power because they once cared (or were once exceptional) but now do little other than make excuses, if we're lucky. Doesn't it frustrate you that it takes 15+ hours to find a Tier 5 but certain staff members won't spend 5 minutes to acknowledge a suggestion or make a quick fix? This is not to say that any staff member is invalid or useless as all do serve important roles that are appreciated. I just fear that the internal resistance to change will eventually wear down and burn out the few exceptional staff members. And I acknowledge this is all very ugly to say during a fantastic event, with wonderful map and heartwarming quest, that was a triumphant team effort. Timing has never been one of my strengths either. I would not have to cry so much if almost everything I suggest wasn't ignored. Currently 14 of 17 of my Playerdex suggestions dating back to 2018 are still "Waiting for Staff Response".

Feathers is one of the very good staff members, for he truly cares, and exemplifies all the best qualities you would want in a staff member. You are out of line calling him weak or incompetent in my opinion. I agree the rules should have been more explicit and exhaustive; but there WERE in fact rules on Discord in the announcements section, and they were much better written, but unfortunately they are now gone. You were the one in the wrong by trying to win the contest unfairly. It would have been weak for him to allow you to cheat and win.

Last edited:

varshdrago

Hello Guii....I respect u for playing this game for a very long time and you will have surely seen the rise and fall of this game. But it's people like you who should join hands and move this small community in the right direction. U will have participated in a lot of competation during ur journey and you knw how things work, instead of exploiting it, u as a senior member should see it doesnt get exploited, but on the outside and also after reading what u had to say it surely feels u were exploiting the loopholes yourself.
The thing u are highlighting is that the guild with the highest members should win which should not be the case and I agree the staff feathers was at fault for not putting proper rules but u should also take into consideration he is new and might still be learning the ways of pwo. But u as a senior member should have advice him about the loopholes which ppl would take advantage of and warn him about putting some rules. But u didnt as you clearly knew from the start tat u would win as there are more active members in ur guild. So to any outsider it feels like u exploited (dont like to use the word cheat) the
contest.
This event was to bring out the artistic skills of the people and to put a smile on ppl's face during the holiday season which feathers is certainly trying to do so in whatever way he can. Acknowledge it , respect it and respect the staff members. Deep down even u know, out of the arts submitted yours was not the best.
P.S: There is always nxt time and good luck
Cheerio

GuiiHenrique

The instructions said to vote for the art you like best. You drew a nice piece, but few if any would consider it the best. The disproportionate number of votes for your submission made it glaringly obvious that the voters weren't following the instructions, and that some influence beyond "the one they like best" was at play. Cheating is a strong word, but you shouldn't act like the contest was stolen from you when in fact you had intended to steal it. I guess you lost some money bribing your guild members to vote for you. You did not deserve to win and anyone could see that. Lobonatico's submission looks like a piece of professional art. Yours wasn't even colored in. Sorry that I ruffled your feathers by speaking against what you were doing. I do value you as an active good player in PWO but I value fairness more and I am not trying to win any popularity contests.

Regarding my "footsies" post that you linked, I don't know what you're trying to imply, but it's clearly a joke. It also clearly does nothing that gains anyone an advantage. Nor does any other part of that thread. It's all just about remapping button A to button B. I am vehemently opposed to any kind of cheating in PWO, actively reporting when I can, and wish I had tools to detect cheaters directly. We'd have a lot more banned players if that was the case. I posted that guide mainly as an assertion that that tool, strictly used in that way, which I use, is NOT cheating.

I "cry" about things because I care. There are a handful of amazing great staff members on the team, desperately trying to carry PWO on their backs. There are also as many "legacy" staff members who maintain positions of power because they once cared (or were once exceptional) but now do little other than make excuses, if we're lucky. Doesn't it frustrate you that it takes 15+ hours to find a Tier 5 but certain staff members won't spend 5 minutes to acknowledge a suggestion or make a quick fix? This is not to say that any staff member is invalid or useless as all do serve important roles that are appreciated. I just fear that the internal resistance to change will eventually wear down and burn out the few exceptional staff members. And I acknowledge this is all very ugly to say during a fantastic event, with wonderful map and heartwarming quest, that was a triumphant team effort. Timing has never been one of my strengths either. I would not have to cry so much if almost everything I suggest wasn't ignored. Currently 14 of 17 of my Playerdex suggestions dating back to 2018 are still "Waiting for Staff Response".

Feathers is one of the very good staff members, for he truly cares, and exemplifies all the best qualities you would want in a staff member. You are out of line calling him weak or incompetent in my opinion. I agree the rules should have been more explicit and exhaustive; but there WERE in fact rules on Discord in the announcements section, and they were much better written, but unfortunately they are now gone. You were the one in the wrong by trying to win the contest unfairly. It would have been weak for him to allow you to cheat and win.
Man... I'm not saying my art was pretty and blah, blah, blah... I wouldn't even put it in the top 7. I believe everyone knew that Lobonatico would win, after all he even works with that... But when you leave a poll open to the public, everyone has the right to vote for whoever they want. Everyone has their own opinion. As I said, we are a Guild and we play as a team. And there was no rule to prohibit voting between members of the same Guild. We still had a Ghost on the podium. The part you say about bribery I will totally disregard, look who the Ghost Members are...
About me talking about your post was just an exchange. You were one of those who hinted at things in the official post. But pay attention to rule 6 that you can see in this link. Maybe you don't know why that message appears when we fish for a long time in the same place. Maybe you don't know that many players were banned for using this same program. Perhaps you also don't know that the manufacturer itself allows you to consider your program as a Macro. The question is, will old players who have been banned for using this program have their accounts recovered?
As for Feathers, the guy simply called the Ghost members Cheaters. I understand that it might be his lack of experience. The point is, wouldn't there be another Staff member to guide him?

I'm still waiting for someone to define me what a Guild is in PWO and, please, also show me what was the rule we broke...
Hello Guii....I respect u for playing this game for a very long time and you will have surely seen the rise and fall of this game. But it's people like you who should join hands and move this small community in the right direction. U will have participated in a lot of competation during ur journey and you knw how things work, instead of exploiting it, u as a senior member should see it doesnt get exploited, but on the outside and also after reading what u had to say it surely feels u were exploiting the loopholes yourself.
The thing u are highlighting is that the guild with the highest members should win which should not be the case and I agree the staff feathers was at fault for not putting proper rules but u should also take into consideration he is new and might still be learning the ways of pwo. But u as a senior member should have advice him about the loopholes which ppl would take advantage of and warn him about putting some rules. But u didnt as you clearly knew from the start tat u would win as there are more active members in ur guild. So to any outsider it feels like u exploited (dont like to use the word cheat) the
contest.
This event was to bring out the artistic skills of the people and to put a smile on ppl's face during the holiday season which feathers is certainly trying to do so in whatever way he can. Acknowledge it , respect it and respect the staff members. Deep down even u know, out of the arts submitted yours was not the best.
P.S: There is always nxt time and good luck
Cheerio​
...I'll be very direct. I have my nick on a plaque at the Pewter museum and as I said earlier, the prize Pokémon would be drawn, that is, I had no reason to worry about the prize.
I tell you that this post would happen the same way if I won. I was going to do exactly the same thing I did in the previous Contest. And why would i do that? Because both Contests were organized in the same way.
I don't like poorly done things and that, for me, directly reflects the current situation of the PWO.
As for the Staff member, I'll say the same thing I said to Thunderclap... the guy just called the Guild members, which I'm leader of, cheaters...​

Marcos-san

Cheating is a strong word, but you shouldn't act like the contest was stolen from you when in fact you had intended to steal it. I guess you lost some money bribing your guild members to vote for you. You did not deserve to win and anyone could see that.

Sorry but... I particularly lost it over this specific comment right there LMAO

And how exactly do you plan to prove this statement? Have you bribed someone in our Guild to speak these kinds of fallacies to you? (XD)

If any of us in our Guild were bribed with any significant amount of Pokédollars just for this Contest, don't you think this would have been noticed in the Playerdex Mart long ago? Because I "hypothetically" would have bought some of those super overpriced Shinies that guys like you sell them by using the money that "you would think I would get" if I had voted for my guild mate.

YES, I have said that term in the past tense as I did not participate in that vote, because I know how much this segregated community like PWO's could cause if there was a different result than you would expect it to be. But I can sure confirm: nobody paid us to do absolutely NOTHING! The people in our Guild who voted in this Art Contest were doing so with the simple conscience of wanting to vote for one of their friends as a form of moral support, that is all that matters and that is exactly what happened. But instead, you thought of it as an "electioneering" simply for the fear of one of us winning and putting a huge amount of money above everything else. It was informed to us that there were 2 more of our guys besides Guii that we could vote for in the Contest as well, but with the Guild stalking that someone did in that post, I'm sure the people here would still mark us even if we voted for them.

Guii may have been wrong because he voted for himself in the voting, but that doesn't take away the fact that the whole sense of democracy that the aforementioned Staff member tried to create in that Art Contest practically ceased to exist. He literally gave us the right to vote with a pre-determined time to finish the vote and he simply ends the vote just like that before the final day, handpicking the winners himself because of a false accusation of "cheating"? The Contest doesn't even had explained the rules right to the community!

I honestly refuse to believe that such a thing occurred, it doesn't go down into my stomach at all. I sincerely doubt that if other guilds (like BlaZe, Draconic or others that are among the internal discussion wheel on Discord group or in Forum) were in the same problem in our place as we are now, you wouldn't have the same ability to punish them as you have tried to do to us just now.

I agree the rules should have been more explicit and exhaustive; but there WERE in fact rules on Discord in the announcements section, and they were much better written, but unfortunately they are now gone.

And that is another thing that is also wrong in all of this. This game has a Twitter, a Forum, a fully customized Wiki page, but instead, everything goes only into the game's Discord group. The place where only the same people talk and interact with each other, creating a total bubble around and against all those who try to learn about the game for real and those who clamor for improvements about the game. If you have an event that involves an entire community to do it, would you just announce it all in one place? And especially the rules for everything that will happen in this event? A Contest that allowed drawn art and digital art in the same place in a way that was disorganized and unfair to some people, in my opinion. For me, it lacked a little more understanding of what this was going to be, it lacked experience in the subject, and above all, it lacked respect for the people who were involved in this Art Contest and for those who voted for it. PWO should be a place that should encompass the various media they have because a part of the entire world is still here in this game (otherwise this game would not have the word WORLD in the middle). It seems, from the talk that's going on, that the Contest was made just to be played and disputed by the PWO Discord friends rather than something that the entire community involved in the game would like to participate in and support.

I'll end my point here, and I hope to at least see a response from the Staff regarding the judgment that was given to us thanks to one of its members. If that doesn't happen, I hope your 2023 gets... Cursed. :cool:

Last edited:

varshdrago

Man... I'm not saying my art was pretty and blah, blah, blah... I wouldn't even put it in the top 7. I believe everyone knew that Lobonatico would win, after all he even works with that... But when you leave a poll open to the public, everyone has the right to vote for whoever they want. Everyone has their own opinion. As I said, we are a Guild and we play as a team. And there was no rule to prohibit voting between members of the same Guild. We still had a Ghost on the podium. The part you say about bribery I will totally disregard, look who the Ghost Members are...
About me talking about your post was just an exchange. You were one of those who hinted at things in the official post. But pay attention to rule 6 that you can see in this link. Maybe you don't know why that message appears when we fish for a long time in the same place. Maybe you don't know that many players were banned for using this same program. Perhaps you also don't know that the manufacturer itself allows you to consider your program as a Macro. The question is, will old players who have been banned for using this program have their accounts recovered?
As for Feathers, the guy simply called the Ghost members Cheaters. I understand that it might be his lack of experience. The point is, wouldn't there be another Staff member to guide him?

I'm still waiting for someone to define me what a Guild is in PWO and, please, also show me what was the rule we broke...

...I'll be very direct. I have my nick on a plaque at the Pewter museum and as I said earlier, the prize Pokémon would be drawn, that is, I had no reason to worry about the prize.
I tell you that this post would happen the same way if I won. I was going to do exactly the same thing I did in the previous Contest. And why would i do that? Because both Contests were organized in the same way.
I don't like poorly done things and that, for me, directly reflects the current situation of the PWO.
As for the Staff member, I'll say the same thing I said to Thunderclap... the guy just called the Guild members, which I'm leader of, cheaters...​
Well I dont think he called ur guild members as cheaters...as far as I understand and see he called ppl who voted for themselves as cheaters in his last post of art contest. Not only u...I think one more guy voted for himself.

thunderclap

Youngster
The part you say about bribery I will totally disregard, look who the Ghost Members are...
Promising people a chance to win a 500m pokemon if they vote for you is a form of bribery. I don't think it matters if there was bribery anyway.

Sorry if you think I insulted Ghosts. Guilds mean nothing to me. I can't remember who is even a member. I judge people individually, not based on what meaningless pokemon guild they're in.

Regarding the rule # 6 stuff, you should just read everything more carefully, as you are not making any good points on that subject. A tool when used one way is a tool. When used another way (like those who were banned) it can be an illegal weapon. You keep conflating those 2 things, even though it was made extremely clear by both myself and Jinji.

Klay said it best, it was an art contest, not a popularity contest. The rules should have been clearer but ultimately staff are in charge, and they can do what they want. It seems like you're campaigning for a sympathy prize now, maybe because you think staff are weak and will buckle under the pressure.

Last edited:

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Well I dont think he called ur guild members as cheaters...as far as I understand and see he called ppl who voted for themselves as cheaters in his last post of art contest. Not only u...I think one more guy voted for himself.
This was indeed the case. Several instances were noted of players voting for their own submissions, despite this having never been allowed at any point in the public voting process, and was the main reasoning for the public vote being discounted outright.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
Well, well, well...

First of all I would like to say to EcruteaksGhosts members that this time we won't have a (s) Smeargle raffle within the Guild. Are we sad about it? Not! We just have fun.

Now come on, could I be doing a year-end post? Yes, but since I don't usually do this kind of thing, I decided to just share my opinion and congratulate the team on the recent developments.

At this point, I want to start with a reflection: Whenever we think we've seen everything in PWO, he goes there and BOOM! It surprises you more and more...

“But Guii, what do you want to tell us?” ...
Well, the answer is simple, I just want to congratulate! I want to congratulate the team for the competence and for the incredible work presented in the last Art Contest. It is really difficult to design and manage a competition where there are no rules. At this point, I confess that I was EXTREMELY SURPRISED to see that the official announcement had more lines to announce the award than lines to present the rules. But here's a plus point. We can observe that, like humans, the administrator was able to adapt. It became clear that as the players' doubts arose, he began to feel the need to inform and create limits within a competition (congratulations to those who have time to spend all day reading the forum). That was really awesome... I even stood up to applaud him.

I would also like to say that, as in the previous Contest, so much capacity and competence shown by the team made me have a special place in my heart. It was amazing! I just managed to get canceled before the competition ended. Yes, as surprising as it seems the competition had one rule, it had an end date. But lo and behold... it was not fulfilled. As this was World Cup year, I would say that this was another goal scored by the Staff.

Note: It appears that I had a direct hand in the Contest closing. The reason, only competent professionals are able to say. I preferred to believe that I was leaving the competition for voting for my drawing, well, but it wasn't written that this generated disqualification, it just said not to vote, just not consider my vote. I can say that I was not disqualified because I received the participation TKs. The only conclusion we can come to is that those who voted for me, for some reason, had their votes cancelled.

Anyway, if all this occurrence was limited only to the player “GuiiHenrique” (that is, me), it would not be a problem, it would even have fun. However, they preferred to extend it to some Players in my Guild, and this is shared by a Staff member. Once again I want to congratulate the Staff.

Well, so far I've only congratulated the Staff, and my post cannot be considered sarcasm until someone proves otherwise. However, from this point I want to share my thoughts on the comments made and that they were not limited to just me.

To start I want to say to Staff Theater, Father, Paper, Feather (I don't really remember this guy's nickname) that, as he decided to call some of my team members cheaters, he is giving me full freedom to say what I think about him . I would like to comment on the official post, but for obvious (or not so obvious) reasons, I was prevented.

So Feathers (I had to go back to the post to remember your name) know that, in my point of view, as Staff you even had a good start. Showed enthusiasm and willingness to show news. But everything was limited to you and when you directed it at the players (creating a competition), you simply showed incompetence, couldn't stand the pressure and made a decision that, for me, was desperate.

In summary: I consider you weak. His justification was even more shameful. You say that everything didn't go as planned. Dude (???) ...there was no planning at all. In the ad post it just says to create a design and send it. You changed dates, you didn't say what would cause disqualification, and in the end you ended it all claiming cheating by a Guild, that is, we cheated in a competition that had no rules. This justification is simply a disgrace!

We are a team. We play as a team. We won as a team. If this bothers the other players, my suggestion, ask your team for help.

Apparently the method we play is against the PWO rules. Strangely, brazen fights between Guilds are allowed (provocations even appeared in the announcement post), the appearance of images on Discord... Well, well, well...

To the player @Klay who posted all the Ghosts members, I leave my thanks. You took the time to show that we still had a lot of votes. If I was disqualified and the competition continued, we would probably continue on the podium, as we had more competitors.

Finally, I want to say that currently the EcruteaksGhosts Guild is the largest and most organized PWO Guild (which is the best everyone already knows).

I'll keep the post active until someone explains to me what a Guild is, if it's blocked, it should be for a real reason and not an invented reason like the Contest closing. If that happens, I'll create another one.

If you are a player and want to open a discussion with me, do it with facts. If you just say “I don't like you”, I will respect you. But I'll totally ignore lunatic ideas unless you have a bigger Gametime than me.

Tip for upcoming competitions: Announce the winner before announcing the competitors. For example: “You can send maps, drawings, or anything, but the winner will be player X”. It will be more organized.

I also want to record a timeline of the last Contests I participated in:
  • 2016 – I won the Map Contest – But there was a lot of crying from some players​
  • 2020 – Won the Map Contest – Competition suggested by players. Contest with totally disorganized ideas. In the end they lost my entry and dropped the download link for my maps. - Link here
  • 2022 – Total disorganization. It was considered as cheating. Contest had no rules.​
  • Loading...​

No more, be safe. Happy New Year!
I almost forgot, the Christmas event (UP TO THE TIME OF THIS PUBLICATION) is going well. I liked.
I also congratulate the winners and, if they want, they can use this post to thank or express their opinion about the Contest, as they were prevented from doing so in the official post.​
*yawn*

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
It's not EZ to decide from where to start but I'll start by saying my personal point of view as an outsider and then I'll start quoting every part of this thread to cover it all as a whole since no one read it whole anyway. But keep in mind that I personally have nothing against you and your guild, in fact I actually an old friend of many members and I'm in good terms with them all these years (Missing you Knuckles). Going straight, It's fun to see old school forum-warrior type posts being back in 2023 (Happy new year I guess and may God forgive me for one of my first new year sins presented in that post).

Once upon a time, long long ago. There a village with few citizens and a landowner. The few citizens immigrated to different places in the world for a reason or another. The landowner actually cared and tried to bring back the immigrants in a form or another by hosting official village events for the historic and current citizens to participate in. In return he found lack of appreciation so what could keep him going? What would make him feel like adding value when the citizens just care about themselves and not the village? Don't worry land owner Feathers, there are village veteran citizens who support you in whatever you do and I'm just one them.

Okay, nephew bed time story ended now its time for big men facts:
Buddy, if you weren't sad about it, you wouldn't have wrote the entire wall of text that I just read, leaving a useful book on the shelves of my room.
A Burn heal is an item that could heal your after being burned and it's found cheap at any poke mart around.
1672584264990.png That's how it looks like so you can reuse the thing after you've done spraying whatever hurts you.

I decided to just share my opinion and congratulate the team on the recent developments.
It doesn't seem like you give them a huge appreciation in fact the summation of your whole thread lies around something is being taken from you and your guild. I guess you're even waiting an apology from someone out there my friend.

As this was World Cup year, I would say that this was another goal scored by the Staff.
Some team danced before winning the whole thing then ended up crying against some underdogs who have actually eliminated them. Sports is about learning too not only enjoying.

Listen, take it from an eyes of a non-biased person who didn't even participate in the competition:
This contest was made with a host's clear consent to keep things going well, rising and growing. He gave players the capability to vote for what they see as the best drawing in their point of view but in return he found some well made drawing without colorings get the upper hand in terms of voting over professional piece of art made by Lobonatico . It's not against the rules to vote for someone but its unfair to vote for what's not really and obviously better in the eyes of everyone. I've seen the votes being voted by Ghost members on your drawing and I laughed hard in fact I gave you a vote too in a sarcastic way since that is the way the whole voting thing is going anyway. As a staff how would you view that? giving player capability --> seeing rigged stuff --> of course you'd do corrective action so in my opinion the contest went in its correct direction by dropping the votes towards staff team's personal best drawing which is the greatest decision to do.

and in the end you ended it all claiming cheating by a Guild, that is, we cheated in a competition that had no rules. This justification is simply a disgrace!
I ask you a question. If you see your drawing and Lobonatico's drawing. Which one would you like to vote as a better drawing? That sums up the corrective action that was handled by Feathers. (With respect to Ghosts).

Nah nah nah, it's cool spirit I get it but you held that pencil yourself and not your guild friends who held it for you and your drawing wasn't even complete yet to be a winner. What you say.. That is being said in a tag team sport or in a tag team tournament at which I tried to call your members from a different games to face me last tournament but they didn't have much consistency and came up short too.

Don't worry I didn't run a Piloswine in 2022.
Do not let down players who try to add value to the game. At least Thunderclap added a value on his full screen thread that people benefits from until this day. While they just read your wall of text shouting for something you already lost.

Find me one player outside Ghosts who thinks ghost is the best guild while dropping bias. Because if the word "largest" is taken as for quantity then I can see that:

1672586069035.png1672586099776.png

And if the word "largest" is taken as quality then don't worry, Slicky's one member guild is more active than your guild in normal days.

if its about being the "best", I won't say anything but that's the popular list if some new player like me clicks it on playerdex:
1672586190218.png
So yeah Majestics is doing a good job in terms of activity and presence than your guild (No pun intended).

As a personal advise in the end. Always put your emotions aside when you're in a competition because they end you up losing everyone. Also put your ego aside because who is writing this for you is a player with a guild that is no way less value than you and your guild anyway.

Ending it up "It ain't EZ being cheEZy" my friend.

Peace~

GuiiHenrique

Promising people a chance to win a 500m pokemon if they vote for you is a form of bribery. I don't think it matters if there was bribery anyway.

Sorry if you think I insulted Ghosts. Guilds mean nothing to me. I can't remember who is even a member. I judge people individually, not based on what meaningless pokemon guild they're in.

Regarding the rule # 6 stuff, you should just read everything more carefully, as you are not making any good points on that subject. A tool when used one way is a tool. When used another way (like those who were banned) it can be an illegal weapon. You keep conflating those 2 things, even though it was made extremely clear by both myself and Jinji.
Ooh, cool...
It is allowed to use a program that is considered Macro because it considers that all its functions are not being used, but it is not allowed for a Guild to play as a team. Consider that, in the past, the only way to use the Old Rod was through the Bag and that players were banned for creating a keyboard shortcut.
Guild is just a way to organize players. So if you're talking about a Guild, you're talking about players who form a Guild. Anything you say about a Guild, you are not limited to the Guild "symbol", you are saying about its Members. If you want to judge individual players, name them.​

Buddy, if you weren't sad about it, you wouldn't have wrote the entire wall of text that I just read, leaving a useful book on the shelves of my room.
You should know that this is nothing new. I've always done this in Contests and events that were run in a disorganized way... There's even a link in the example post.

It doesn't seem like you give them a huge appreciation in fact the summation of your whole thread lies around something is being taken from you and your guild. I guess you're even waiting an apology from someone out there my friend.
I thought I made myself clear when I said that my problem is not with the final result, but with the way in which the result was announced. '-'

Listen, take it from an eyes of a non-biased person who didn't even participate in the competition:
This contest was made with a host's clear consent to keep things going well, rising and growing. He gave players the capability to vote for what they see as the best drawing in their point of view but in return he found some well made drawing without colorings get the upper hand in terms of voting over professional piece of art made by Lobonatico . It's not against the rules to vote for someone but its unfair to vote for what's not really and obviously better in the eyes of everyone. I've seen the votes being voted by Ghost members on your drawing and I laughed hard in fact I gave you a vote too in a sarcastic way since that is the way the whole voting thing is going anyway. As a staff how would you view that? giving player capability --> seeing rigged stuff --> of course you'd do corrective action so in my opinion the contest went in its correct direction by dropping the votes towards staff team's personal best drawing which is the greatest decision to do.
I answer you with the following "Quote":
Man... I'm not saying my art was pretty and blah, blah, blah... I wouldn't even put it in the top 7

Nah nah nah, it's cool spirit I get it but you held that pencil yourself and not your guild friends who held it for you and your drawing wasn't even complete yet to be a winner. What you say.. That is being said in a tag team sport or in a tag team tournament at which I tried to call your members from a different games to face me last tournament but they didn't have much consistency and came up short too.
As far as I can remember, the last tournament that had an uneventful start and end and was done on a regular basis was won by a Ghost. As you said, it called the player who is in another game. What he probably told you and you didn't mention is that the possible partnerships he would have didn't believe in the conclusion of the tournament, as the previous one had been cancelled.​

Do not let down players who try to add value to the game. At least Thunderclap added a value on his full screen thread that people benefits from until this day. While they just read your wall of text shouting for something you already lost.
It's like I said to Thunderclap himself, it was just an "extension" of the phrase in which he says that "a player can corrupt the system".

Find me one player outside Ghosts who thinks ghost is the best guild while dropping bias. Because if the word "largest" is taken as for quantity then I can see that:
Everyone defends their team. Also say that we are not the most organized.

As a personal advise in the end
... I suggest you read everything before commenting. Half of what you said has already been quoted (the other half is pictures). But I appreciate your opinion.
This was indeed the case. Several instances were noted of players voting for their own submissions, despite this having never been allowed at any point in the public voting process, and was the main reasoning for the public vote being discounted outright.
As I understood it then, the term “cheaters” was not just limited to Ghosts. Cool, nice to see this kind of thing coming from a “Community Guide”.
When you start a sentence by saying something isn't going as planned, you're simply giving people room to think whatever they want.​

Note: This Contest probably came about as a suggestion from a player and it was very clear that it was closed due to pressure from some players. 2 years have passed since the last Contest and the evolution of the administration was equal to 0.
It would be much more plausible to say “GuiiHenrique (or any other player) you are being disqualified for voting on your own art”, and not do it the way it was.

I'm sorry, but so far the only player who tried to refute my opinion in a plausible way was Varshdrago, who says about the lack of experience of the Staff Member, the rest were just quotes that, apparently, try to take the discussion in another direction.
To try to help, I'm going to pose 3 reflective questions so that anyone who wants to can voice their opinion:
  • Did the Contest have enough clarity and rules that would allow its conclusion without room for error?​
  • In your announcement, was it possible for a player to know what the requirements would be and how the final arts would be judged?​
  • Were there any rules or contraindications about voting in Guilds or among friends?​

In additional, the conclusion of the Contest was the result of the false idea of Democracy that Staff announced when they decided to choose the winners in open voting

Feathers.McGraw

Youngster
Community Guide
I rushed the art contest to try and get it finished before the winter event was started and i agree i messed up by not adding more rules , If i do another art contest i will be adding a long list of rules to make it more clear what is not allowed and what will be allowed.

Last edited:

Feathers.McGraw

Youngster
Community Guide
Don't think i called anyone else from your guild cheats, From what i remember on the other post i only called them that voted on the one they entered cheats

thunderclap

Youngster
Ooh, cool...
It is allowed to use a program that is considered Macro because it considers that all its functions are not being used, but it is not allowed for a Guild to play as a team. Consider that, in the past, the only way to use the Old Rod was through the Bag and that players were banned for creating a keyboard shortcut.
The program itself just reads Notepad files. It's the only program I tried (of several) that allows you to remap a keyboard button press to the mouse button. That is all I know how to do with it. You would have to be a programmer to do anything else, as there is no graphical interface, nowhere to enable or disable functions.

That innocent-sounding fishing keyboard shortcut actually sounds quite complex -- it would have had to automatically move the mouse to a exact position on the screen and then click. How did it know where to click? People have different items in their bags so the Old Rod wouldn't always be in the same place. I guess it would need some advanced computer vision script with thousands of lines of code. If you start allowing that, it's a very slippery slope to other more nefarious things. Either way, even in its simplest form without AI vision, the fishing button was automation of multiple commands which is why those players were banned.

Read the below again:

PWO permits the use of external tools for the purposes of improved accessibility, so long as they are not being used to unfairly automate actions within the game itself; and the feature is not currently catered for within PWO natively. This is why IntegerScaler - while not officially endorsed by Staff - is a permitted tool in the absence of a native full-screen or scalable client window.

As specifically relates to AutoHotKey, use with PWO is permitted, but only for the purposes of key or input remapping. The strict definition is as follows: An AutoHotKey script is permitted as an accessibility tool if it is manually triggered, and merely maps a single output to a single command (i.e. one button in place of another; a button press in place of a click; or mapping a joystick to a button press). However, if the script allows a player to use a single button to perform multiple commands, or to perform any number of actions without direct user input, this is considered a macro and is against the rules.

I have discussed this particular thread with the Devs, and we've determined the examples as supplied by thunderclap in his example would not constitute a breach of PWO rules. However, we do ask that people utilize such tools with caution and in accordance with the framework I have outlined above. We may review this policy in future if it is found to repeatedly cause issue.

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
As far as I can remember, the last tournament that had an uneventful start and end and was done on a regular basis was won by a Ghost. As you said, it called the player who is in another game. What he probably told you and you didn't mention is that the possible partnerships he would have didn't believe in the conclusion of the tournament, as the previous one had been cancelled.
Nah The-Joker and I battled 1 game and couldn't complete the other since I couldn't find him again. Also Alecio should have probably knew that Joker played one game if they communicate too much as "One team" during that tournament. But instead they seems to be not well organized or prepared during it or did not even communicate at all or didn't care.

Everyone defends their team. Also say that we are not the most organized.
Yeah everyone defends their team but sometimes logic has be a winning factor while leaving biases aside. Also yeah Ghost is organized (as a community on its own, and only that) but it's not the only organized guild too.

I suggest you read everything before commenting. Half of what you said has already been quoted (the other half is pictures). But I appreciate your opinion.
I did read the whole thing by the way. But what you did on that thread is like putting sugar and salt in a plate and whenever someone says its sugary you'd say you added salt and whenever another says its salty you'd say you added sugar. I know its unintentional since most of the thread was driven due to hot nerves but I don't see myself lacking to read any word of it too.

Anyhow, all I know is that you don't kill a motivation of someone who tries to see you happy with any means possible. With a way or another just don't even try to. Someone who helped the game lately was thrown the blame to because he just tried to make something creative even if it's not well-studied. But would you like to receive all the blames for your thread if the game gets no more updates because of demotivated staff due to the energy given from this thread? That's only what I oppose. With the respect for you and Ghosts.

Status
Not open for further replies.