Game: Winter Event 2014/15 - Now Closed

drvirus

Re: Game: 'Tis the Season for a Winter Event!

I was a PWO staff in the past, was incharge of alot of spawns and maps in the game, but had to quit it for personal reasons, the prize corner was already killed 5 hours after the bug has been abused, yes kill the prize corner rewards, make thosr pokemons cheap, that would not destroy the economy, however banning 50-100 players would kill the economy.

so what if the prize corner pokemons filled the game? it will not effect the players in a negative way, let them enjoy the holidays with free aeros and stuff, as for the prize corner rewards, after the event they can change the vouchers with an other item and put in new pokes instead. thats 1 way there are hundreds of other ways to go around with it as well.

MacCollin

Website
marc2010.deviantart.com

Although I do not agree with drvirus´choice of spreading the exploit I do agree that the give aways of x vouchers doesn´t harm the economy. The economy is already down. This is rather due to the fact that there are no innovations and that the status quo was "quo" for the last 2+ years. Everyone has everything and new players have to fight against inflation and other "evil" factors. Handing out vouchers to honest players now is causing 2 things, like drvirus already said:

1. exploiters wont get richer than they already got by exploiting this bug.
2. honest players get a reward for staying honest and are not "forced" to spend money on exploited pokemon.

There is certainly no worse effect on the economy compared to the tremendous hazard that has already be done by this exploit. If your definition of a stable economy is only based on a couple of voucher-pokemon you can aswell shut it completely down and hand out as much money to everyone as possible... or to say it in other words: if an ammount of buyable objects that keep the economy alive is less than 1% of the total available objects, the economy is already dead- it cannot die twice.

The meassurements that I can come up with are the following ones:

1. Hand out free vouchers for players that did not exploit. (drvirus)
2. Bann all those that did exploit no matter if they did it before or after the "drvirus-movement" and be able to deal with the results of having less players.
3. Do not bann the exploiters but re-transform the pokemon that they bought for vouchers during this christmas events back into actual vouchers. if that ammount is higher than the total possible ammount of obtainable vouchers, the vouchers should be deleted and the palyer should get a very serious warning. This costs a lot of time but therefore players will not get banned and the already small playerbase will be kept alive (with a blue eye and a warning that further exploits, insults etc. will result in an immediate ban next time). The fact that they got traded and a lot of PD was transfered leads me to my #1 solution:
4. Do a massive rollback of the server to the date before the christmas event started. I am sorry for all the players that played honest and found rare pokemon but this would be the fastest solution without any harmful longterm side-effects.
5. Place the current voucher-pokemon on the event map and/or further maps if they somehow suit the respawn project (do not waste too much time otherwise this will not have a huge impact) and replace the current voucher-pokemon completely by others that were not obtainable before. In addition, reset the voucher-account of anyone to a maximum of the max. obtainable vouchers (including the 2 of the christmas event). Therefore every player would have the same ammount of vouchers without deleting any honestly earned vouchers of the past (honest players get a present; exploiters "lose" theirs / get nothing / get only a few).
6. Do nothing and lose some (or many) of the honest players.

Kirin

1. One of the worst events made so far.
2. Catch-able spawns are utter joke.
3. Maps are full of errors. Worst maps made so far.
4. Bugs here, bugs there, bugs everywhere.

Wish I can give better critic. But this is my feedback. Put more time in the work or don't even try at all. Thanks for the effort however.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com

Togebo said:
Firstly, some of the "map errors" Julio shared here aren't exactly errors. They are NPCs which will always work as Top layer and cut players head.
You're right about NPCs though I reported any of them. *cheers*

Nikola

Youngster

Very disappointed with this event. At places spawns are tolerable but mostly scattered around with no thoughts given. What I am annoyed the most with is the maze map. That map was made last year in hurry and it was known that map has serious issues and that people stated their opinion for that map showing mostly negativity. If you had to decide for one old map you could take festive town. Not sure what you wanted to do with the maze. Then again, people like simple and effective things. Small patches nothing complex something what 2011 event was.

There is lack of several Pokemon and some of them have forced rarity. I am aware that the economy is dead and that there are simply too many Pokemon but you dont fix that by making event more annoying. Older players might not be satisfied and interested in those Pokemon but new players might until they realize that their effort has gone to waste after 10 days of hunting while they can't sell anything or they have to play by the rules of older players which means being forced to sell cheap. Hell they dont even have enough of fishing skill to catch certain Pokemon. Knowing staff they probably forgot that fishing levels are in the game and that newbs will need some time to gain lvl 20/25 and by the time they gain the fishing levels game will be locked for staff access only as the event is coming to an end.

I can see the changes being made for the event. But..before you do those changes try to be more organized this time as you give actual meaning to the event. So far most of the things on the event appears to be scattered around... <removed by ArcticSun>

bodhimantaghosh

there were many errors in maps no doubt. But as this is my 1st event i am totally ignoring them andenjoying myself. thnk u 4 theevent cheers!!!

Capt.Sparrow

Merry Christmas and Happy New year to all...

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com

If it was an accident, people wouldn't have done it time and time again. By doing so they put themselves at risk and only got what was coming to them, so they can't really pass the blame to someone else. n the other hand, I do think this event could have been tested more thoroughly so situations like those could have been avoided.

MacCollin

Website
marc2010.deviantart.com

@ Umi_Yami:

what is the purpose of your post? criticsm should be constructive otherwise there is no point in posting it. write what you didn´t like is ok but suggest how it could be changed to meet your expectations. so again: what is the purpose of your post? if it is just to * off and demotivate people that were involved in this event... *claps my hands slowly*

in my oppinion, the event could have been done better by deleting the maze quest or let the trees drop the present instead of looking for an invisible item that is not even close to the killed tree. that is the only thing i have to critizise so far.
the voucher bug has to be critizised, too but i guess that they already took care of that mess.

@ capt.sparrow:

the quest npc said that you will get 2, two, vouchers for the presents after you started to look for them. so you claim that you did not know that it was a bug and went straight to X vouchers to get an aero, magby and magmizer. you seriously did not get that you were exploiting / abusing a very very very obvious bug? i don´t feel any mercy and hope that you and every other player that abused this bug is not able to set one more foot in the event area. you can consider yourself to be lucky that you did not get banned completely.

Alexei

Thank you for introducing the event. I am giving you 2/10 here. Reason for such evaluation results are mostly spawns and using the map from last year such as Maze. On other hand, NPC pokemon are great. Sadly NPC battles aren't main attraction on the event. I am aware that you avoid handing out newer pokemon such as generation 4 Pokemon as you need them for 700+ years of events or else event might be less interesting. But yeah, distribute them through following 700 years as the average human lifespan is around 100 000 years.

Sadly players aren't given the choice to VOTE before the event goes live so most them will end up being disappointed with spawns. Then again we are aware that you want to surprise players with the event plus it gives you more space to breathe. However, as you lack of coordination and organization you may want to introduce voting before such things goes live or any other update. It would be nice that players could count on staff but as you can see that is not the case. Well then again, it's not 100% necessary to know the game trends and economy but it helps and it should be a plus, it makes one staff more efficient when it comes to decision making.

Some people will not even bother by giving the feedback since they have been starving, hungry and traumatized by the PWO system conduected. After a lot of time without food they finally got bread crumbs as you are enjoying in your beefsteak. Players should be more taken into consideration and allowed to vote before such things happens. Sadly they can't rely on staff anymore since it was proven that staff members are no longer reliable and not giving what it takes to maintain the balance which will result in something like this event is.

Once again, your efforts have been recognized and thank you for that. 2 out of 10 points.

Alphinez

Youngster

I'm disappointed with everyone here. The staff definitely put a lot of effort into this event. You don't just say "this event sucks" or "worst event", that's just rude. Imagine yourself in a science fair where everyone starts talking about how terrible your experiment is. C'mon guys, really. Instead of doing that, you could have said, "I think that this event can be improved by putting . . . ."

DomT.

Youngster

Alphinez said:
I'm disappointed with everyone here. The staff definitely put a lot of effort into this event. You don't just say "this event sucks" or "worst event", that's just rude. Imagine yourself in a science fair where everyone starts talking about how terrible your experiment is. C'mon guys, really. Instead of doing that, you could have said, "I think that this event can be improved by putting . . . ."
+1 event is good,not that bad..u guys should appreciate it..

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com

Alphinez said:

I disagree. I find a blunt opinion to be more benefical than any sugarcoating or dancing around the question, people should present reasons as to why they thihk the event was good or utter crap though so that it allows something constructive to be taken from it.

AceTrainerLance

Is very bad event I am sorry. It makes no sence to me that sneasel or nosepass cant be found for 20 hours. Ratio is better in Ice cave. Spawns are disaster. I usually not complaining but this is way over top. Please dont make any more events if you dont know what are you doing. This is really really bad. My grade is 3/10. Just get over with this and dont make any event anymore. At least same people who made spawns. Thanks for the effort and trying to make things interesting. Happy holidays.

Nikola

Youngster

I like how those people who got kicked from the event got rewarded by not being able to see what's going on. Most of the Pokemon species are easier to be found on everyday maps. This issue have been addressed a lot before people expressed their dissatisfaction but fixing maps and having several downtimes because of that is more important. I wouldn't be surprised that excuse will be given by saying that discussion is being made while the event is live and yet it's the holidays.

On another hand, maybe people actually aren't to blame, maybe they are using invalid spawn formula for ages now. Or...they just don't know what they are doing as they lack of game knowledge. Someone here said about letting people to vote. That would be actually very viable for these things since event organizers are lacking of experience and basic game knowledge in order to bring such decision on their own. Ah well, at least atmosphere is not that bad.

I remember past events where some pokemon were common/rare such as sneasel and snorunt. Not quite sure why you don't want to give same chance to newer players. Not sure why equality is being advertised anyway. But well, not much one can do. Doing sloppy and meaningless actions have became funny. At least you have something to laugh to. Not all is bad you see. I've expressed the point several times for this matter. Only thing I can suggest before new year comes is how to tie a hang mans noose. They say it stops people from doing bad things. How about you try to do the same?

Kirin

Nikola said:
I like how those people who got kicked from the event got rewarded by not being able to see what's going on. Most of the Pokemon species are easier to be found on everyday maps. This issue have been addressed a lot before people expressed their dissatisfaction but fixing maps and having several downtimes because of that is more important. I wouldn't be surprised that excuse will be given by saying that discussion is being made while the event is live and yet it's the holidays.

On another hand, maybe people actually aren't to blame, maybe they are using invalid spawn formula for ages now. Or...they just don't know what they are doing as they lack of game knowledge. Someone here said about letting people to vote. That would be actually very viable for these things since event organizers are lacking of experience and basic game knowledge in order to bring such decision on their own. Ah well, at least atmosphere is not that bad.

I remember past events where some pokemon were common/rare such as sneasel and snorunt. Not quite sure why you don't want to give same chance to newer players. Not sure why equality is being advertised anyway. But well, not much one can do. Doing sloppy and meaningless actions have became funny. At least you have something to laugh to. Not all is bad you see. I've expressed the point several times for this matter. Only thing I can suggest before new year comes is how to tie a hang mans noose. They say it stops people from doing bad things. How about you try to do the same?

+1 the spawn rates are horrid,literally 0 sneasel in 3 days, while i catch armies of wingulls not even 1 mudkip and i know that its not only me

Jinga

It's utter crap IMO spawns are bad, bugs, using a year back map this wasnt even needed. Game would have been good without this event which is rushed and untested.
and rules are rules if someone abuses a bug you ban them if its new player or old player doesnt matter as you have some rules so you shoulndt give players christmas mercy by not punishing the abusers. 1/10 for this event for adding 2 or 3 ice pokes as spawn.

Somes

I totally agree with Niko. Providing those cool opportunities to old players but not now? It seems fair enough :eek: ? I see those players just freaking off spending their time in hunting instead of enjoying their Holidays~ Hey This Is NEW Year and that too X-Mas Has just passed a few days before why don't u make those spawn rates easy? Players could catch pokes easily and Enjoy their Holidays..

Well u guys think ur making it more interesting? -_-
The answer wll be "No" . huh i've seen players crying in channels about hunting 1-2days or more and getting exactly NOTHING! .

Somes

Umi_Yami said:
Nikola said:

+1 the spawn rates are horrid,literally 0 sneasel in 3 days, while i catch armies of wingulls not even 1 mudkip and i know that its not only me

Well thats how they try to attract more players .

Jinga

Somes said:
I totally agree with Niko. Providing those cool opportunities to old players but not now? It seems fair enough :eek: ? I see those players just freaking off spending their time in hunting instead of enjoying their Holidays~ Hey This Is NEW Year and that too X-Mas Has just passed a few days before why don't u make those spawn rates easy? Players could catch pokes easily and Enjoy their Holidays..

Well u guys think ur making it more interesting? -_-
The answer wll be "No" . huh i've seen players crying in channels about hunting 1-2days or more and getting exactly NOTHING! .

I agree as event comes mostly on festivals or kinda days where we get holiday the spawns rates should be low so we can have time outside of pwo and dont feel our time being wasted.