Game: (Updated) About Recent Server Unreliability...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Greetings Trainers,

It's come to our attention that a number of players appear to be finding themselves randomly kicked from the PWO Game Server for no obvious reason, when they have not been AFK and the server remains online. Those players may also find themselves prevented from rejoining the game, with the client not passing beyond "Authenticating".

We are also aware of a number of reports of the latter Authenticating problem occurring for users who attempt to log in for the first time after several hours of non-play. The game fails to load due to the server rejecting the connection, as it appears to believe you have already exceeded your connection limit.

We are investigating both issues and hope to have them resolved shortly. To help us out, if you are having any of these issues, please include exactly what you were doing at the time they happened in your reports and whether anything else unusual occurred up to that point.

Update:
Some new patches have been applied to the server which we hope will resolve both of the above issues.
If you still continue have these problems, please let us know, being specific as to which issue and when and how it happened.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

LordBelemuel

Re: Game: A Note About Recent Server Unreliability

Actually it happened twice for me.

1st. I clicked on my friends list and it kicked me and then I was stuck in authenticating.

2nd. It happened randomly when I was in a crowded area in the Dungeons-North map and suddenly got kicked, and couldn't relog into the game then.

This was yesterday afternoon it hasn't done it since then.

Saric

Youngster

Happened 3 or 4 times yesterday for me. It happened twice right after I caught duskull. The server would seem to freeze and chat would stop moving, etc then I'd get randomly kicked, even though the server was still running fine. I never got stuck on authenticating, though.

eurlenne

one thing that I know is I can back to the game after server restart.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net

DTRex said:
Jinji said:
it appears to believe you have already exceeded your connection limit.
what does this mean ?
As was announced by ThuGie in his Change Log, for a while now the server has placed limits on the number of connections that can be made to the game by a single IP, to prevent a single user hogging the game and preventing others getting in. It's supposed to be high enough to not be a problem even if two or three people play the game over the same connection; but it seems the counts are getting thrown off somehow...

Saric

Youngster

To expand on my post, it just happened twice again in the space of around 1-2 minutes.

Is there any workaround to this yet or should I just stay off and wait until it's fixed? At this point it's unplayable for me, which is pretty ridiculous because that means I can't even participate in the event or hunt or anything.

vergarux

I am trying to log in after several hours of non playing and i am stuck at "authenticating"
the patches didn't work :C

J0X1

I'm stuck on 'authenticating..' again, i quit to save the umbreon i catched and tried to login again and now i'm stuck.

lovesit

keeps saying 'authenticating..' never happened to me before, ive tried logging in like 10times.. but nothing is happening.

pokearcanine

i have 2 accounts,so i switch between then oftenly
everyday after like 10 logins my game gets stuck on authenticating forever

cpuppy11

its actually happened to me alot...i play often and it freezes on me about 10 times a day maybe more i have to deleat from task manager and restart and when i do it doesnt connect...hope this can be help of some kind thanks =)

HyperDuel

hello all, i wasn't online for a good amount of time today and when i go to log on , the game says Authenticating and it wont load any further, i did nothing wrong and idk why this is happening, please help me

ruggedm

I left my game on while took my kids trick or treating. When I came back, as expected, i was logged out for inactivity. Now I am stuck on authenticating and cannot enter the game.

Note: I also had several times earlier in the day where the game would kick me off - and when I logged back in - it would get stuck loading the game. The screen would remain dark. I would have to delete from task manager and restart to get the game to go again. Don't know if that helps, but I'm just providing this info in hopes that the game is fixed soon.

Thank you Admins and Tech Support for your fast work on the problem!

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Looks like I have the bug now too. Stuck at authenticating on logging in first time today. Can't do a full restart for a bit to see if that will help or not though.

Status
Not open for further replies.