Game: (Updated) About Recent Server Unreliability...

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

guys when i try to open the game it says the server is turned off is it a problem or did they close the server 2 fix it?

G

I just made my account and I cant log in with my client it doesnt pass Authation and I wrote everything right. And my server is Sapphire if this helps.

Codename-47

Re: Game: A Note About Recent Server Unreliability

Jinji said:
DTRex said:
Jinji said:
it appears to believe you have already exceeded your connection limit.
what does this mean ?
As was announced by ThuGie in his Change Log, for a while now the server has placed limits on the number of connections that can be made to the game by a single IP, to prevent a single user hogging the game and preventing others getting in. It's supposed to be high enough to not be a problem even if two or three people play the game over the same connection; but it seems the counts are getting thrown off somehow...

The number of times an IP can connect to the server is limited to weeks or months?
Because I'm developing new Tiles and I have logged in and logged out lot of times!!!

Codename-47

Any GM or ADM can help me. I'm 3 days without playing PWO.

I want to return playing!

Merse

Youngster
Well, huge red letters definitely won't support your case, that's for sure :)
The problem of being stuck at authentication was already addressed several times on the forum, I'm sure you can find your answer in some of those numerous threads.
To be honest I never had this problem so I didn't pay too much attention to those threads but it comes up almost every week so the answer must be there.

Amplexus

Re: Game: A Note About Recent Server Unreliability

Codename_47 said:
Jinji said:
DTRex said:
Jinji said:
it appears to believe you have already exceeded your connection limit.
what does this mean ?
As was announced by ThuGie in his Change Log, for a while now the server has placed limits on the number of connections that can be made to the game by a single IP, to prevent a single user hogging the game and preventing others getting in. It's supposed to be high enough to not be a problem even if two or three people play the game over the same connection; but it seems the counts are getting thrown off somehow...

The number of times an IP can connect to the server is limited to weeks or months?
Because I'm developing new Tiles and I have logged in and logged out lot of times!!!
it means at one time, this would have absolutely no effect on your ability to log in unless you are logging in on a ton of accounts at one time.

Codename-47

The problem has been solved!
I have 2 accounts and 2 brothers playing PWO also, but with 2 PCs on the same connection, this means 4 accounts can be found on my IP!

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
mastermasaru said:
i got the log in problem too... authenticating forever :mad:
will it be fixed?
The server had an error and needed a manual restart.

It has since been sorted.

SpiritZaraki

I'm still having the Authenticating issue.

I have two accounts that I use.

My brother just got back into PWO just like me, so he's playing too.

So basically there is 3 connections in my IP.

Is there any way to fix this, first time it ever happens.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
There should be no issue with three people playing at the same house, I do this with my children. So there must be another reason for your issue. There is no known definite fix for this, it's just a matter of trying different things. If you do a forum search on authenticating issues you will find what others have tried before. Good luck with it.

Codename-47

I'm with Authentication problem again!
I think my MS will end without enjoy the last days :'(

Codename-47

I tried playing with two different connections, and in one of the connection I had the authentication problem, and the other is going well.
May be an indication to Research!

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Be more specific. You tried another IP? Was it on the same computer or a different one?

Status
Not open for further replies.