Game: Pokemon Centers.

Saurus

Banned
LokoSGames said:
Tive um bug:
Meu pokemon foi colocado pra dormir durante uma batalha, e depois que o curei no centro pokemon ele continuou dormindo na batalha seguinte!

I had a bug:
My pokemon was put to sleep during a battle, and then cured in the pokemon center he continued sleeping in the next battle!

LokoSGames

Maybe your pokemon were just really tired. Lol.

Luminance

Youngster
Developer
LokoSGames said:
Tive um bug:
Meu pokemon foi colocado pra dormir durante uma batalha, e depois que o curei no centro pokemon ele continuou dormindo na batalha seguinte!

I had a bug:
My pokemon was put to sleep during a battle, and then cured in the pokemon center he continued sleeping in the next battle!

LokoSGames
That is not possible...Make sure you talk to Nurse Joy in any Pokemon Center to heal your pokemon...As stated in the very first post in this topic, the auto heal upon entry to any pokemon center was removed and all players now have to talk to Nurse Joy to heal their pokemon.

magevideogames

EvilAms said:
@Bluerise we are matured enough to know and understand the real meaning behind my statement, aren't we ? ;)

And to get more in depth, just because original pokemon games have some features which are time consuming and boring, there is not need to change the way our pwo is working to match with that. Everytime going and talking to NPC without any reason is waste of time.And honestly, there are so many good things in handhelds that we can incorporate in our game and we should focus more on that. Again just to reply your "what is complicated", this is my post. Again no offense was given, Nor expected to be taken.
Regards :)

^This.

I find it interesting that I see mention quite a bit that this is an MMO and it's not the handheld, and let's not make it Nintendoish, but that is all this update does. While I am not complaining as it's just a minor inconvenience, I hope this is not a trend just to get identical behavior with the handhelds. Yes there are missing features they had that I would like to see, but at the same time things can be improve on things, or change them to the community's liking.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
magevideogames said:
EvilAms said:
@Bluerise we are matured enough to know and understand the real meaning behind my statement, aren't we ? ;)

And to get more in depth, just because original pokemon games have some features which are time consuming and boring, there is not need to change the way our pwo is working to match with that. Everytime going and talking to NPC without any reason is waste of time.And honestly, there are so many good things in handhelds that we can incorporate in our game and we should focus more on that. Again just to reply your "what is complicated", this is my post. Again no offense was given, Nor expected to be taken.
Regards :)

^This.

I find it interesting that I see mention quite a bit that this is an MMO and it's not the handheld, and let's not make it Nintendoish, but that is all this update does. While I am not complaining as it's just a minor inconvenience, I hope this is not a trend just to get identical behavior with the handhelds. Yes there are missing features they had that I would like to see, but at the same time things can be improve on things, or change them to the community's liking.

We have seem some dissent here but also plenty of yay sayers also. It's not clear to me that the community is against this at all. And as far as the original games go- they worked and they worked well, that's why we are all here today playing this game still. The fact that this game is almost identical to the originals and we have such a strong player base and continual influx of new players is a testament not to us but to those original games. It is my belief that the original games should always be the basis from which we proceed, and only stray from that path if what they did in their games isn't possible here or just really doesn't fit in an MMO. That still leaves huge room for originality and progress in a different direction from nintendo/game freak in many areas- but I don't see any great reason to change simple things like this that worked.

Pokemon is a people game, not a magical building game. Pokemon Centers are where you travel to to get the nurse to heal your pokemon. We are supposed to interact with people for this sort of thing, not objects. Just like on Mt Silver you can get your pokemon healed- not by a magic rock but by a doctor. This is how it works, stay true to the game unless it doesn't work or make sense here. This both works and makes perfect sense.

TheBlackReaper

pfff !! i didnt like that, pwo has many bad things that need to fix but that auto healing was great we need fixes of bad things not update on good things ....

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
HitmonFonty said:
It's not clear to me that the community is against this at all.
It's because the most of us is lazy to talk to Joy. If the auto-healing hadn't existed there would be no complaints about the update, even because there would be no update.Just that. :p

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Personally I feel it fits more to have to get a person to heal your pokemon than it happening automatically when you enter a building, what was even healing them before? o_O

Gobfather

julio2503 said:
HitmonFonty said:
It's not clear to me that the community is against this at all.
It's because the most of us is lazy to talk to Joy. If the auto-healing hadn't existed there would be no complaints about the update, even because there would be no update.Just that. :p

If people are going to be too lazy to talk to nurse joy, how do you imagine they wouldn't be too lazy to put their opinions in forums haha. If you go ingame and talk to the community (or had seen previously) or perhaps even traveling the xats perchance (or possibly re-opening PwoSocial and further advertising it for player - staff discussion); I would say that from listening to many people, a rather big portion of people disagree with it. As I said previously It would be nice if in the future updates that PWO try to take advantage of NOT being Nintendo, and adopting improvements of which we would never have otherwise: things that we did not like about handhelds, and things we wished we could've had.

*I also agree with Shining's idea, removal of the option of Yes or NO and simply speaking to her would auto heal your pokemon. Why would I possibly go out of my way to this woman just to say NO don't touch my pokemon hahaha. Curious if that's possible.

**I would also like to ask if it's possible for future updates like this, asking in polls and discussion if the community would care for these kind of things perhaps? Or possibly the general direction of such updates as in like say "Would you like to include more NPC to player interaction, adding more dialogue and fuller story to the adventure of the PVE game?" Which is one reason why I support this update.

Shiningamisgirl

Danke Gobs! Yup, delete some text lines, remove the no option. -nods-

Personally I enjoy some npc, plot and story line interaction. Some fun npcs always make a game great! I like having to talk to nurse joy. For nostalgic purposes, it makes it feel real without removing the MMO aspects. (Cause seriously, it's not that hard to hit the spacebar.) NPC's are always parts of MMO's, maybe not the biggest part, but still important.

For the truly lazy though..and I almost feel bad about mentioning this..Escape ropes. Escape ropes are the loop hole in the system. I've been testing it lately, and if I faint, my last poke stays dead. Certain box pokes do not auto heal when deposited, and if I walk into the place on my own; I need to chat up nurse joy.

If however, I use an escape rope, then the Auto heal function happens. No talking to the nurse, no walking in. Escape rope to a poke center somehow gets around the newly input codes, and reverts to auto healing.

Now..on the one hand it's a loop-hole. On the other hand, I think the staff should allow it to remain (find a way to exploit it even?), boost the sales of escape ropes, and let it become another way to be a gold sink in the market. (Honestly I'm the kind of person who's lazy enough to use the healer on Mt. Silver for 8k when my pokes get poisoned, etc, and to buy many-many-many escape ropes, just so I can avoid walking places. They are also super great for getting unstuck! Syrs, being stuck on rocks or in the water is ridiculous..)

If buying/using an escape rope allows for auto heal..Epics!
However, it also defeats the purpose of talking to nurse joy, if you can buy your way outta it for 500g a rope.
Then again. Rope sales!!
Then again..I'm a lazy sap who got used to being coddled by trains, and auto heals, and teleporting npcs! -sniff- I miss you Mt. Moon Teleport npc..I hate that mountain so much!

Then again again again..This loop hole would give users a choice, and people would stop complaining entirely. Those who wanted to spend the money, just to get an auto heal (and to maybe have to walk abit, depending on which poke center you last touched was) will be able to spend the money on the ropes and use them. Those who don't, wont have to. It's literally the best of both worlds!

Then again on a whole nother level! I like the function of the rope, and don't want something terrible to happen to it, just because of this particular glitch/hole in the way it works with the new npc rules of Nurse Joy. Cause ppl with laggy net get stuck in the water a lot; or in that dark cave surf area. Behind npcs..or yanno, if you run from a poke to fast..or are near one of those little island areas, and step on the land and the battle happens after, and you get dragged back out into the water!!!

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
I would not be against looking into dialogue changes myself. Make a suggestion post about it though- it's wasted here.

But as far as community goes it's very hard to judge not only by forum response but also from ingame and xat responses. There are probably 1000's of people playing this game every week, but how many post or chat?

I think probably the best way to get a- let's say fully democratic- response from the whole community, would be to pop questions like this one up on the login screen.

So you can't actually play the game until you tick one:

"vote later" if you don't know enough to have formed an opinion yet
"yes" if you agree
"no" if you don't
"abstained" if you don't want to be part of the voting process at all

Without something like this you can't hope to get more than a fraction of the Community's opinions. And I think claiming to be speaking for the community when there is really no current way of doing that is wrong.

Gobfather

Hmm yes very good idea you have you brought up Fonty. Much like in other MMOs, upon opening the "launcher" you will go to the "patcher" (ofc we don't have) and it will list all the recent updates/changes/developments/future current events and link you to discuss in forums or check it out further. It would help further push the individual player to have the slightest of involvenment in the progression of the game, as well in the community. I would like to see that opening menu that is always blocking the map upon login, have function. This idea would fit that perfectly, including some of DEVs / scripters personal updates, including possibly tweets regarding future downtime/events, polls about a new update like this and directions to get involved in the forums to discuss. This would prove a much more efficient way of gathering what the community really thinks. Perhaps this idea could use suggestion.

Gol.D.Roger.

@ Fonty, @ Choco

I have much to say as twice as fonty's last post where he defended why this update is good, but don't want to express coz no one will consider it.Good luck with developments.
:)

pieoffury

I don't mind the "talking to nurse joy to heal" process, but at least let the pokemon that are in the pc (the ones not in our team) to be healed automatically. Since you did the pokemon center update to match handheld games, pokemon in pcs should at least be healed instantly. I hate that when you get a pokemon from the pc, you would still have to talk to nurse joy just to heal it. On a side note, tell me if I got this right. Using escape ropes is treated as losing in battle (but doesnt count the loss) because it also instantly heals our poke once used.

Toskaliny

i don't like this update, it's so annoying talking to nurse joy every time i wanna heal my pokemons, it was much easier and faster before, i hope u undo this.