Game: Pokemon Centers.

Orean

Website
twitter.com
After some testing in the recent maintenance period, changes have been made to how the Pokemon Centers function, and — before there is any misconception that these changes are a bug — it is best that these do not go unannounced.

The Pokemon Centers have been changed to function more closely to how they did in the handheld games: your Pokemon will no longer be auto-healed upon entry. This means that you will need to speak to the counter/Nurse Joy to heal your Pokemon from this point onwards. When you blackout, however—after all of your Pokemon have fainted—you should still automatically be healed upon respawning to the Pokemon Center, as it would before.

If you notice any errors with this recent change, this is one of the better places to report it as well. On behalf of the PWO staff, apologies for any inconvenience caused in the recent maintenance.

-Creobis

RockzBarik

Small Bug :After I heal my pokemon by talking with Nurse Joy, she again ask you want to heal or not.

Gobfather

Re: Game: Pokemon Centers

Edited*

I do not particularly appreciate this update. Being able to simply walk in and out and youre pokes were healde, the simplicity was great and another thing pwo had that no one else did and was small but great! Now its tedious! D:< lol again thanks, but i just don't really see a point.

DomT.

Youngster
Creo i think that the auto-heal was good,talking to nurse joy again will be a headache like in other handle head games,auto heal will be still.good

FoxyMulder

I like it. It made no sense to walk in a door and be magically healed. In the handhelds you have to talk to the nurse and in the anime too. Great update!

Saurus

Banned
I like the update. It's convenient and logical. No pokemon will simply be healed just by stepping in and out of a pokemon centre. Nurse Joy is there for a reason. Great work on the update. I hope to see more of these in future.

Ramensnoodle

Youngster
One of those small things that I missed from handhelds for a strange reason, I still used to go talk to nurse joy upon entering some centers lol. Good job

Orean

Website
twitter.com
RockzBarik said:
Small Bug :After I heal my pokemon by talking with Nurse Joy, she again ask you want to heal or not.

To clarify, do you mean that Nurse Joy repeats the exact same question—whether you want to heal or not—after speaking to her, despite your party being health-full? This is not necessarily an unintended response—it's an option that Nurse Joy offered, in the handheld games as well, if your Pokemon were fully healed from the outset.

Gobfather said:
Edited*

I do not particularly appreciate this update. Being able to simply walk in and out and youre pokes were healde, the simplicity was great and another thing pwo had that no one else did and was small but great! Now its tedious! D:< lol again thanks, but i just don't really see a point.

UW01 said:
Creo i think that the auto-heal was good,talking to nurse joy again will be a headache like in other handle head games,auto heal will be still.good

While I understand that this change didn't directly work towards most player's conveniences, the way the PCs were previously set up (automatic on-entry healing) was simply a product of limitations in the system at the time it was set up; it was not possible in the past for standalone healing NPCs to heal your Pokemon, thus PCs were setup to auto-heal, since it was the closest functionality it had to a healing center, while still deviating away from handheld games in that aspect

I don't expect players to find this more luxurious, but I do expect that this will work towards more metagame-sound realism, without really stretching out too much extra effort on the player's part, in the current setup: giving your Pokemon to an NPC for them to heal, as opposed to your Pokemon being mystically healed upon entry. Before you played PWO, and were locked into the habits that you exercised in the handheld games, did you consider it a stretch to speak to the counter/NPC to heal? :)

Gobfather

Well frankly yes i did it quite the stretch, one of the things that pestered me the most in handhelds was traveling this long way and spamming buttons to heal my pokes and read this whole monolouge this woman had for me everytime. Frequently I would forget if I hit yes last time, and do it again, or I would spam A button too much and heal my pokes over again. Healing pokes was exactly as UW put it, a headache. I personally would love to see pwo not strive to be what is already out there, I think it is a great base, that can be "fan made" and have feautures we cannot have in handheld games, make little improvements if you will. This small thing that was not available before, was a huge relief, as you first join pwo you find out, wow this is easy! Yes it may be more accurate now, but meh it was another unique thing about PWO that was very easy and simple. Either way pwo is heading somewhere that is good news in itself:)

Tecknician

I personally believe healing with the new system should still be 10x easier than in the handhelds.

DomT.

Youngster
Gobfather said:
Well frankly yes i did it quite the stretch, one of the things that pestered me the most in handhelds was traveling this long way and spamming buttons to heal my pokes and read this whole monolouge this woman had for me everytime. Frequently I would forget if I hit yes last time, and do it again, or I would spam A button too much and heal my pokes over again. Healing pokes was exactly as UW put it, a headache. I personally would love to see pwo not strive to be what is already out there, I think it is a great base, that can be "fan made" and have feautures we cannot have in handheld games, make little improvements if you will. This small thing that was not available before, was a huge relief, as you first join pwo you find out, wow this is easy! Yes it may be more accurate now, but meh it was another unique thing about PWO that was very easy and simple. Either way pwo is heading somewhere that is good news in itself :)
i got it gob,anyway nice update though

Gobfather

I have just now given test, It is not so bad I guess, yes pointless and out of everyones way but meh its ok. would like to point out what Rock said, smaaal part where after you heal, your options are appraoched for a second time. IF POSSIBLE would be great to have that removed Dx ;D

Terry104

Congratulations to the team for updating PWO realize that with each passing day this game improves more and more.

Terry104

did indeed heal my Pokemon after the joy nurse asks again if I want to recover them, and she just regain seconds ago ??? apart from that loved the update. 8)

Luminance

Youngster
Developer
Terry104 said:
did indeed heal my Pokemon after the joy nurse asks again if I want to recover them, and she just regain seconds ago ??? apart from that loved the update. 8)
Actually if Nurse Joy asked you twice if you want to heal your pokmeon, then it's because the client thought you talked to her twice (I assume you pressed Space-Key twice before the script started or right after it was done), so it's not really NPC issue, try to use Space-Key once and then use left click button instead of Space-Key all the time and it shouldn't be repeated.

pieoffury

The only good side to this update is it makes pokemon centers more realistic and logical in the pokemon perspective.

Personally, I don't like it :/

Terry104

Luminance I tested again in the game and one press the button it does both questions followed

sammdoun

great update. The game is more realistic now :) thanks for the effort

Luminance

Youngster
Developer
Terry104 said:
Luminance I tested again in the game and one press the button it does both questions followed
Can you tell me which Pokecenter are you testing?