Do you feel strongly about the spawn changes, and in which fashion?

• I am happy about the spawns' levels.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am happy about the rarity rates of the area(s)'s spawns.

• I am happy about the spawn selections that inhabit the area(s).

• I am unhappy about the spawns' levels.

• I am unhappy about the rarity rates of the area(s)'s spawns.

• I am unhappy about the spawn selections that inhabit the area(s).

• Total voters

SuzPeX

That makes it so much easier now. The older spawns were pretty derpy. The new night spawns make it so much easier now.

Tendou

There may be something weird on route 14 because im here for like a hour and no Glooms appeared, Rig said glooms arent affected by day/night at route 14 and Glooms are about to be easy now. I even got a ditto.

The-Predator

Youngster
Staff has made lots of spawn topics already, this is getting so bored, that spawn project is taking so much time, it is taking staff´s attention foff from some other projects that should have more priority and i dont see spawns that important....

Rigaudon

Youngster
That makes it so much easier now. The older spawns were pretty derpy. The new night spawns make it so much easier now.
Glad it's an improvement.

There may be something weird on route 14 because im here for like a hour and no Glooms appeared, Rig said glooms arent affected by day/night at route 14 and Glooms are about to be easy now. I even got a ditto.

Looked into this and made a small adjustment. The Glooms on Route 14 do appear more often than they used to, but they still won't appear nearly as often as the Night Glooms in other routes. (However, they still are the best way to find Dusk Stones during the day.)

Staff has made lots of spawn topics already, this is getting so bored, that spawn project is taking so much time, it is taking staff´s attention foff from some other projects that should have more priority and i dont see spawns that important....

This project is being run by two staff, HitmonFonty and I. However, if you feel that our attention would be best focused in other areas, then please feel free to send us any suggestions. However, we, and the rest of the staff team, feel that this project will help the game in many areas such as balancing level progression, allowing more options for future content and offering a better diversity of Pokemon spawns across the game/maps. (etc. See Goal section in Change Log for more ways we are striving to improve PWO.)

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Tendou said:

Actually that's probably my fault for not being clear. Day spawns were not effected that much compared to the night. Route 14 is still the best place to hunt the Dusk Stone during the day however. We certainly wouldn't make gloom much more common during the day or it would make the day/night split a bit nonsensical, but there may be room for some change there.

KPyppo said:

It's hard not to spam when there are so many updates we want to keep players aware of. A new Spawn Test page will soon be added to the wiki putting all those updates in one place, but forums are still the best place to inform players of them when they first happen.

Apart from feedback on our proposed changes, other staff have very little to do with the re-spawn project. It has been just Rigaudon and me going at a steady pace since January this year. At that point neither of us were content staff, I am CG with no ability to add content at all, and Rigaudon also was not adding content at the time, though has since been learning mapping and scripting to help the project along.

We are making changes along the way that require content staff help yes. Many changes and updates, quests both large and small. However when we need other staff to engage in something that needs releasing in line with the spawn project it is something that the game needs anyway. We just feel that the update would be easier to happen while the spawn project is going on. For example if a map has to be fixed or updated, it is better to do it before we add the spawns instead of having to re-do them at a later time. Another example is to try and add things like the Scald TM quest to coincide with the spawn release of that block. It helps with the training of the player in that area so it makes sense to release it a that point in the spawn testing; and TM releases are an ongoing priority so nobody loses. :)

Personally I would hope that by the end of the rep-spawn project Kanto and Johto will be almost complete, content wise. We could certainly not make that happen on our own- for that to happen other projects must be ongoing that aren't connected to this project as well. As indeed they are, this project does not hold up others only staff availability does that.

In short, the spawns across the game were broken. They were added without thought for how they would fit into the entire game world in many cases. Different staff added them with different intentions(this is not a criticism, it's just how the game had been evolving up until now). Also the levels were far too low, being based on the need to artificially extend playing times due to little content in the rest of the game. What we are doing is needed, and by giving the project to me and Rigaudon, it has been ensured that other major projects are not directly held back by it.

Tendou

Alright, so if route 14 is the best way to farm during day heres my report:

Lots of pidgeottos found within minutes and even in a row and 2 dittos found. Only 1 Gloom Found and considering it does have the new drop rate it seems like 5-9x harder to farm for it during day, that means only crazy people will farm on route 12 and 13 during day.

Im trying out since previous day time and if i merge the time i spent with current day time and last day time i had spent 4 hours and a half for just 1 gloom.

If thats the best place we are lost during day then lol

4 hours seems a bit vague... i will be watching this route for a total of 10-15 hours so my report can be a "valid" and reasonable one.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Tendou said:
Im trying out since previous day time and if i merge the time i spent with current day time and last day time i had spent 4 hours and a half for just 1 gloom.

If thats the best place we are lost during day then lol

4 hours seems a bit vague... i will be watching this route for a total of 10-15 hours so my report can be a "valid" and reasonable one.

The day rate of gloom should have been changed since then, so if it is still thought to be too rare- given that there needs to still be a large difference between day and night- please let us know.

Also any more last minute feedback on Block 4, please let us know.

Block 5 is due to be released in just over a day from now, at 3am UTC.

Pretentious

Worked on Safari Zone #3 a little tonight.

11 Trips / 527 encounters total

Venonat: 17.08% (90)
Paras: 15.37% (81)
Tangela: 13.09% (69)
Nidoran M: 9.87% (52)
Nidoran F: 9.11% (48)
Doduo: 8.16% (43)
Dodrio: 7.78% (41)
Nidorina: 7.78% (41)
Nidorino: 7.02% (37)
Abra: 3.23% (17)
Rhyhorn: 0.57% (3)
Tauros: 0.57% (3)
Exeggcute: 0.19% (1)
Snorlax: 0.19% (1)
Kangaskhan: 0
Scyther: 0

I only attempted to catch Abra, Rhyhorn, Tauros, Exeggcute, and Snorlax. (Wish I would've ran across a Kanga or Scyther though!)

Coincidentally, I encountered Snorlax on my 500th battle and Exeggcute shortly after. Both were caught in my last run.

Spawn rates and levels of the Pokemon seem fair. Nice work, Rig.

Paperon

I would like to give my feedback, i try to testing spawn poke on Route 16 for 1hr (real time). A little sad to know that Murkrow disappeared from here ;D
My question, is one hour enough to testing a map for testing? Or little longer... ???
Here my feedback,

Attachments

• data 04.jpg
    data 04.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 756

Rigaudon

Youngster
Paperon said:
I would like to give my feedback, i try to testing spawn poke on Route 16 for 1hr (real time). A little sad to know that Murkrow disappeared from here ;D
My question, is one hour enough to testing a map for testing? Or little longer... ???
Here my feedback,

It takes many many encounters to get completely accurate results, but 1 hour tests still help us a lot. Thank you for helping with Route 16, also. I know it's not the most popular place in this block. :p

EDIT:
Also, thanks and grats Pretentious!

Pinsir.

why did you remove me from the game?

for the noobs among us, I'm referring to the fact that Pinsir got removed from the Safari zone and therefore from the whole game

CrimsonSapphire

Can you double check Dragon Scales drop from horsea at Vermillion City ? I feel like its harder than dratini skin .. Been looking for 7hours+ per day. Its day 4 now ..

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Pinsir. said:
why did you remove me from the game?

lol, nicely done. :) We are not yet half way through the spawns, so it is too early yet to see if pinsir is gone from the game forever yet. ;)

Dex. said:
Can you double check Dragon Scales drop from horsea at Vermillion City ? I feel like its harder than dratini skin .. Been looking for 7hours+ per day. Its day 4 now ..

The problem lies not with the drop rate but with the horsea encounter rate there. There will be better dragon scale hunting places to come.

However we will certainly double check that the rate there is as it should be.

Tha-Kram

Rigaudon revealed a bit more than that, saying that there was a special place for Pinsir in the future ;)

I tried to make an ambiguous joke by saying "I got banned" on the Pinsir account, but someone didn't get that and moved my remark to the ban appeal section
>.>

Rigaudon

Youngster
Tha_Kram said:
Rigaudon revealed a bit more than that, saying that there was a special place for Pinsir in the future ;)

I tried to make an ambiguous joke by saying "I got banned" on the Pinsir account, but someone didn't get that and moved my remark to the ban appeal section
>.>

Anything we add or remove does. ;)

darkshadow.

I have tested the safari and i think there is no need to have like pokemon of the same line in the same map like nidorina and nidoqueen or doduo and Dodrio , That pokes could be replaced with others that could fit well , just a opinion :)

nemo55

_darkshadow_ said:
I have tested the safari and i think there is no need to have like pokemon of the same line in the same map like nidorina and nidoqueen or doduo and Dodrio , That pokes could be replaced with others that could fit well , just a opinion :)

I have to disagree, Safaris are meant to be very diverse with multiple evolution families living together, however I feel like Pinsir is missing really badly and its home truly belongs in Kanto Safari :(

BUT when the whole project is done, we can go back and re-asses everything...

Tha-Kram

I agree with you there nemo
Safari zone is created to contain exotic pokemon like scyther and pinsir
those 2 have Always been linked together, so without pinsir it feels like something is missing
even though there are still some good pokes there

Shiny-HoOh

For Safari Zone 4 I'm sort of disagreeing with what Nidoking and Nidoqueen's rarity should be, currently it seems to be very similar to what Kangaskhan, Scyther, and Tauros rarity which makes hunting those three pointless there and far easier in zone 3 since, in Zone 3 there are only 5 with that kind of rarity (Or atleast a very similar rarity) compared to 7 in Zone 4 (Exeggcute, Kangaskhan, Rhyhorn, Scyther, and Tauros while Zone 4 has those and Nidoking/Nidoqueen with about the same rarity).

Zone 3:
YPAtI9x.png

Zone 4:
2LQ3WJX.png

(I find about 60 pokemon per visit (That's with using a Bike) so about 10-11 visits for Zone 3 and about 15-16 visits for zone 4)

So basically for Zone 3 Nidoran F/M have a similar rarity to Nidorina/Nidorino in Zone 4 while in Zone 3 for Nidorina/Nidorino they're a lot easier to find compared to Zone 4's Nidoking and Nidoqueen.

So people will only be hunting in Zone 4 for Chansey since it's far easier to find Kangaskhan, Scyther, and Tauros in Zone 3 which also contains the far more wanted Snorlax (Leaving Zone 4 much less desirable).