Event Vouchers - Prizes

HOF69

I will also voice my opinion regarding TMs as Game Corner prizes. Like others have already suggested, I believe that for TM prizes, especially those in the higher tiers, players should get more than 1 of that TM as a prize. Given how learned TMs are lost when moveset changes are made via the Playerdex, how often people are changing movesets on their Pokemon in order to experiment with new combinations, and how long it will take to get vouchers, having only 1 of a Game Corner TM can put the player in a real bind. I would recommend at least 3 of the prize TM be given to the player. Seeing as how some prizes are an egg + an evolution item, I see no problem with distributing multiple TMs at once. I've given an example scenario below that has already crossed my mind as being troubling in the near future.

Let's say I purchase a Focus Blast TM using 7 vouchers, and now I have no vouchers left. This means it could be months before I can purchase another Focus Blast TM again. I teach Focus Blast to my Alakazam, which also has Future Sight, Calm Mind and Shadow Ball in its moveset. However, one day I learn that Future Sight has been fixed and now has a charge turn. Obviously, I will want to replace Future Sight with Psychic. However, doing so requires that I go to the Playerdex, meaning that I will lose both Shadow Ball and Focus Blast. Luckily, I have spare Shadow Ball TMs, but now I no longer have Focus Blast, a key move for Alakazam. As such, now I need to wait for months before I can use my Alakazam at its peak potential in battle again.

This is just one scenario. I'm sure there are others that could arise and frustrate players, even if it's simply teaching the TM to the wrong Pokemon or forgetting the wrong move in place of a TM. Things to consider.

paypay2013

Website
www.pokemon-world-online.net
julio2503 said:
I see TMs as waste of time. We'll take too much time doing tasks to complete each quest and then we'll get 1 TM that will vanish after teach the move to the pokémon. It's much effort to obtain just 1 'move'. I personally would never trade vouchers for TMs, just if they would be inexhaustible or obtained in large quantities.

Yhea! i agree whith you.. 1 atk move for 7 volchers ??? is too much...

But i like Evolution itens in Tier 3 ;D

Sanven

can any one please tell me how this tier works? i mean what will decide which tier prize one would get?

Orean

Website
twitter.com
Sanven said:
can any one please tell me how this tier works? i mean what will decide which tier prize one would get?

The main complexion is that tiers are classified based on their price's worth in vouchers—the only tangible determinant to them. Tier labels are simply used as a measuring stick for the Pokemon's, items' and commodities's agreed-upon values, as they relate to each other, into different price pars.

If there are disagreements about their values, that's what this thread is intended to pool (to reappraise them)—in addition to suggestions for added Pokemon and items into the Prize Corner.

Dragon16

Youngster
Hi Just wondering when there might be another weekend event? On the wiki it says that there are "at least 1 per month" and the last one was in April, and now it's June. Just curious, cuz i know there have been a lot of updates recently, i just really enjoy the events. :)

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Dragon16 said:
Hi Just wondering when there might be another weekend event? On the wiki it says that there are "at least 1 per month" and the last one was in April, and now it's June. Just curious, cuz i know there have been a lot of updates recently, i just really enjoy the events. :)

Weekend Events haven't been forgotten I assure you. As you have noticed it has been a very busy time with updates since the last one though and staff are keep up the best we can. :) As I always say, all good things come in time. We'll do our best to bring the next weekend event in as short a time as possible.

Arnie

i have to agree with dragon they break up the monotony of otherwise playing the game normally

DeZoLa

Youngster
paypay2013 said:
julio2503 said:
I see TMs as waste of time. We'll take too much time doing tasks to complete each quest and then we'll get 1 TM that will vanish after teach the move to the pokémon. It's much effort to obtain just 1 'move'. I personally would never trade vouchers for TMs, just if they would be inexhaustible or obtained in large quantities.

I agree too

Dragon16

Youngster
DeZoLa said:
paypay2013 said:
julio2503 said:

I agree too
actually you get 3 tms

Dragon16

Youngster
What might also help is havong Shiny Stone work not only for Togetic but also for Roselia just like in the handhelds

Dragon16

Youngster
Dragon16 said:
Having Tyrogue egg as a tier 2 prize doesnt make much sense, seeing as it is currently catchable in splitting river reserve.
also i think this is still applicable, it makes no sense putting it as a voucher prize when it can be caught in the splitting rivers.

The-Predator

Youngster
also, having aerodactyl as a 7 voucher tier prize makes no sense, since it can be obtained via TS, and I would get rid of TMs as corner prizes, even though u can get 5 from a purchase, once you edit pokemon moves in pdex, you keep losing TMs taught which is just ridiculous, you should add just pokemon till pdex gets fixed

AncientWizard

you can add all the rest evolution items(Dawn Stone,King's Rock, Protector,Razor Claw,Razor Fang and Dubious Disc) :)

Dragon16

Youngster
AncientWizard said:
you can add all the rest evolution items(Dawn Stone,King's Rock, Protector,Razor Claw,Razor Fang and Dubious Disc) :)
Also in need of UpGrade, Porygon still doesn't evolve into Porygon2

DMleev

Eco has given some awesome ideas, another way to get the vouchers would be interesting mainly by tokens where a bunch of players would buy it.

I still missing the Riolu as a baby pokemon.

P.s.: Focus blast used to be seen with psychic type pokemon with a high special attack. It's more useful in pokemon like the psychic ones for obvious reasons.

Togekiss learning Sky Attack means nothing where this pokemon isn't focused on Atk at all.

Orean

Website
twitter.com
Dragon16 said:
Dragon16 said:
Having Tyrogue egg as a tier 2 prize doesnt make much sense, seeing as it is currently catchable in splitting river reserve.
also i think this is still applicable, it makes no sense putting it as a voucher prize when it can be caught in the splitting rivers.

Many of these decisions were also ordained by our forethought for changes to the spawn-reassessment project—being prudent in the obtainability planned for an item/Pokemon in the future, and deciding whether or not it'd be a covetable commodity in the Prize Corner on that standpoint. Our spawn-reassessment project—including the item-drops—may include adding in other sources for some Prize Corner Pokemon/items to be obtained; with those changes, we may model the Prize Corner accordingly.

The bottom line is that Tyrogue is a Pokemon that we may possibly waive off as a wild-Pokemon encounter in future updates, therefore we use that parameter to decide whether or not it will be remain on as a Prize Corner prize. Nothing is set in stone, however; depending on whether it's determined (using player-submitted feedback as well) to be more desirable via another PvE outlet, such as a quest/item-drop/etc., that may affect our prize-selections as well.

Regarding TMs: Analyzing the poll results and interpreting feedback in this thread, I take it that it's safe to conclude that most, if not all, wouldn't oppose the removal of TMs if such TMs were made elsewhere?

I know that many of you are judging this based on the notion that vouchers aren't being rapidly released. We plan to have them more rapidly released in the future after we are situated with other projects and work-plans, I assure you, but regardless of the influx-rate of vouchers, I would not just limit suggestions to an item based on the immediate affordability of it; I'd also think of whether you'd consider it the most well-placed in the Prize Corner or not.

Is an item too rapidly or widely expended that, even under the optimally ideal rate of 3-5 voucher-releases per month, it'd take too long to obtain an adequate amount of it? Would some commodities be better off rewarded via a quest, Pokemon-drop, or some PvE outlet outside of the Prize Corner, allowing them to be obtained without the time-limited windows used for weekend-round events? Are some assets better off being exclusive via the Prize Corner, rather than ones that can be earned at any time without time limitations?

That's some food of thought to consider for not just whether you want TMs exclusively via the Prize Corner (whereof the consensus seems to be "no"), but also for any archetype of item you see on the Prize Corner. TMs are a big part of the archetypal nucleus we have for Prize Corner prizes, thus if they are removed, we can consider adding a replacement-archetype for them as well.

Feel free to give a suggestion for new archetypes, beyond strictly choosing Pokemon, Evolutionary Items, and TMs. Even if you feel there are few amounts of item-types to suggest meanwhile, it'll help us determine in advance whether or not they'd be well-fit for the Prize Corner.

SapphirePhoenix

For me it's not so much the amount, but the reliability that these will continue to be available for us to acquire. Right now most, if not all, of the vouchers we can get depends on whether or not the staff have enough time to host an event, and when they don't we don't have a chance of obtaining new ones. I'm referencing the weekend events that due to time and other issues couldn't be held as often as everyone liked. But with those I liked that the amount of vouchers that were possible to get through them increased (which made up for any potential delays). I'm just hoping these would continue to be available on a consistent basis so that we would be more willing to spend them and be reassured that events would continue to happen and not just be a "back in 2013-14 we had a feature called vouchers.." thing >_<.

I would love to see some alternate methods to acquire vouchers. Or have a challenge in game or something that is automatically run once a month with minimal staff work required so people have something to challenge for vouchers when staff are busy with other projects.

Maybe the reward TMs could be slightly edited but not discontinued altogether. I can see why it would be annoying for certain TMs (like Aerial Ace) to be prize-corner only when so many weaker Pokemon could benefit from a TM like that being made better available as we level up Pokemon during non-endgame play. But at the same time, I feel that really good PvP-beneficial TMs would have a nice home in Prize Corner. Or, if the HM skills (just the element and power only- not their field effect) were made available as a prize corner TM. Some Pokemon really need a decent strong water move like Surf!

For alternative prizes, what if there could be a higher tier for really annoying to acquire quest items, like Dratini Skin? It doesn't matter if it would cost 20 Vouchers, it could be present as an alternative to the grinding in game for those who have absolutely no patience. Or have an item that grants access to a permanent new map area, only acquirable though the Prize Corner?

Rigaudon

Youngster
This is a update post about moves.

So, we did a survey. About 1/4th of the couple hundred respondents said they do not want TMs as voucher prizes. On top of that I personally went around and discussed this with various PWO players, and I don't disagree with their reasons for wanting them out of the Prize Corner. SADLY, however, analyzing the situation, I found I could not directly remove TMs...yet. However, I agree that pivotal TMs - ones that are important to PvP, shouldn't take 5 months to get.

So, a temporary update has been made to the Prize Corner until we can implement the future plans we have for TMs as prizes. They will likely be moved elsewhere in the future, unless people start throwing bricks at my windows because they hate the thought of that so much.

Changes:
•Focus Blast is now Tier 2 in the prize corner. Sadly I can't compensate people for this change, but I thank those of you who did spend the time and effort to obtain it. Your investment did not go to waste as we learned from your and others' feedback. If I could refund you, I would.
•Acrobatics has replaced Aerial Ace in Tier 1. Aerial Ace will be available somewhere else very very soon.
•Gyro Ball has replaced Flash Cannon in Tier 2. Flash Cannon will also be available somewhere else very very soon.
•Dragon Pulse is now a move tutor in Dragon's Den. (In the Dragon Club after beating the quest.)

EDIT: If you were one of the awesome older players who beat the old version of the DD quest but didn't get a membership card, talk to the assistant.

Any feedback to these changes can be left here, in a PM to me, somewhere on the forums, or with a CG. My only request is that the opinions are respectful. =P
Have fun. Hopefully I will be able to post again soon with more additions.

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
Rigaudon said:
This is a update post about moves.

So, we did a survey. About 1/4th of the couple hundred respondents said they do not want TMs as voucher prizes. On top of that I personally went around and discussed this with various PWO players, and I don't disagree with their reasons for wanting them out of the Prize Corner. SADLY, however, analyzing the situation, I found I could not directly remove TMs...yet. However, I agree that pivotal TMs - ones that are important to PvP, shouldn't take 5 months to get.

So, a temporary update has been made to the Prize Corner until we can implement the future plans we have for TMs as prizes. They will likely be moved elsewhere in the future, unless people start throwing bricks at my windows because they hate the thought of that so much.

Changes:
•Focus Blast is now Tier 2 in the prize corner. Sadly I can't compensate people for this change, but I thank those of you who did spend the time and effort to obtain it. Your investment did not go to waste as we learned from your and others' feedback. If I could refund you, I would.
•Acrobatics has replaced Aerial Ace in Tier 1. Aerial Ace will be available somewhere else very very soon.
•Gyro Ball has replaced Flash Cannon in Tier 2. Flash Cannon will also be available somewhere else very very soon.
•Dragon Pulse is now a move tutor in Dragon's Den. (In the Dragon Club after beating the quest.)

EDIT: If you were one of the awesome older players who beat the old version of the DD quest but didn't get a membership card, talk to the assistant.

Any feedback to these changes can be left here, in a PM to me, somewhere on the forums, or with a CG. My only request is that the opinions are respectful. =P
Have fun. Hopefully I will be able to post again soon with more additions.

You will never change lol...Anyway, what was the reason of leaving TMs as voucher prizes if you said that most of the people agreed on their removal? Can we have that more explained in details? If you left those as TMs while people voted for removal then something must happened ty for seeing something new though :p.