Event Vouchers - Prizes

Tecknician

The original concept of vouchers started quickly after the weekend event we had last year. We wanted to target a few areas that we felt based on player's feedback we wanted to improve upon. One such area was having players choose their prize, yet at the same time make it so lesser prizes value wise was still desired. This brought into the idea of tier prizes with players selecting the prize within the tiers and each tier costing so many vouchers.

Since then the tiers have evolved and changed over time. The structure originally started with just fossils. We quickly added egg pokemon into the mix as we felt it was a good way to get baby pokemon in game. Finally we also decided to add a few TMs as prizes as well to have something other than just pokemon. Thought at a time, 1 TM per tier.

Since this early development we have had discussions and changes to what prizes are available and in what tier. Even now not every staff member agrees on the prizes. We have changed a few things with a full consensus such as originally earthquake was suppose to be a tier 3 prize, however we all felt such a needed tm should be attained in a more rapid fashion, and as such was replaced.

Here is the current tier structure with the prizes:
tier 1 - vouchers
  • Cleffa
  • Igglybuff
  • Smoochum
  • Wynaut
  • Chingling
  • Bonsly
  • Helix Fossil- omanyte
  • Dome Fossil- kabuto
  • Mantyke
  • TM40-Aerial Ace

tier 2 - 3 vouchers
  • Tyrogue
  • Budew
  • Happiny
  • Root Fossil - lileep
  • Claw Fossil - anorith
  • Mime Jr.
  • Pichu
  • TM91-Flash Cannon

tier 3 - 7 vouchers
  • Old Amber - aero
  • Munchlax
  • Togepi And Shiny Stone
  • Elekid And Electirizer
  • Magby And Magmarizer
  • TM52-Focus Blast

Now that you have had time to experience the system, discuss and speculate after, we now invite you to further voice your opinions, provide feedback, and help us to continue to make it better.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Prizes are awesome. :)) I have a question about shiny stone and other evolution stones.Will they evolve any pokémon we want or just which ones we get by exchanging vouchers?

Tecknician

julio2503 said:
Prizes are awesome. :)) I have a question about shiny stone and other evolution stones.Will they evolve any pokémon we want or just which ones we get by exchanging vouchers?
The idea was to give you the baby pokemon and have all it's evolutions possible. Otherwise would it really be that much of a prize? As such the evo stones were needed to make this possible. The pokemon is suppose to be the prize, not the stone. If a player could evolve any pokemon that could with the shiny stone for example, then would the pokemon be the prize or the stone?

So to answer your question. Just the pokemon species that you get the stone with. Shiny stone will evolve any togetic, but only togetic.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Empress Teck said:
julio2503 said:
The idea was to give you the baby pokemon and have all it's evolutions possible. Otherwise would it really be that much of a prize? As such the evo stones were needed to make this possible. The pokemon is suppose to be the prize, not the stone. If a player could evolve any pokemon that could with the shiny stone for example, then would the pokemon be the prize or the stone?

So to answer your question. Just the pokemon species that you get the stone with. Shiny stone will evolve any togetic, but only togetic.

Hmm... I believe I wasn't clear in my question. ;-; I want to know if I can, for example, evolve any togetic I have in my PC or just that one we got by exchanging vouchers. Thanks Teck. :)

Tecknician

julio2503 said:
Hmm... I believe I wasn't clear in my question. ;-; I want to know if I can, for example, evolve any togetic I have in my PC or just that one we got by exchanging vouchers. Thanks Teck. :)
Empress Teck said:
Shiny stone will evolve any togetic, but only togetic.
Any togetic you have.

HOF69

The Tier 3 prizes are incredible, and I like the idea of making TMs that aren't quite as important as game corner prizes (only a few Pokemon can really make use of Focus Blast). Removing Earthquake from Tier 3 was definitely the correct call.

I know this might not be the place for this and might seem repetitive, so I apologize in advance. Given that Togekiss will soon be available and having witnessed what it's capable of with the moves it can have, Echoed Voice and Solarbeam need to be fixed before the next voucher event. With access to both of those broken moves, Togekiss becomes nearly unstoppable in PWO when you throw in Flamethrower and Aura Sphere.

pokearcanine

julio2503 said:
Empress Teck said:
julio2503 said:

From what she said i can conclude you can:
Empress Teck said:
Shiny Stone will evolve any togetic,but only togetic
Meaning that shiny stone wont be used to evolve roselia,cause staff want the prize to be a Togekiss from what i understood,but you are free to evolve any togetic you have

Shiningamisgirl

I love the idea! I've always loved the idea, especially after the Skamory/Fossil event. It finally gives some use to the game corners and daycares! -love that the eggs and vouchers are relatively cheater proof atm. Nice.-

Personally I think the prize ideas are fine for now. The egg pokemon are adorable, great way to get babies without the breeding issues. People are naturally, going to hoard, or spend off their vouchers. Hoping for better, or hoping to get the currently best available prizes that they can. I say, in order to keep people on their toes/the market going/ keep the prizes interesting. Rotate em every few months -3 to 6?-

Whether its changing the tiers around occasionally, or replacing an old one with a new one, and then switching the new one back out. (Doesn't need to be done, just a suggestion. I'd be fine if the prizes stayed like this forever.)

I love that TM's are also a part of the prize options -in case you already have all the Pokemon you can stand..TM's!-

Two things -

1 - I say start with Monthly/Bimonthly events.
Weekly seems, to much, to fast, and too crazy. (Unless its a tiny event similar to the Skamory event, that only lasts Sat. and Sun.). There's also the fact that vouchers would be able to be accumulated quickly, even if it was only one given out every weekend, per event. That's..4 a month, 48 a yr, if you never missed an event.

Also..considering the number/availability of staff, and that "you" all have lives, and that..well.."we" all have lives. Now maybe if there was hired a specific group of staff, whose soul purpose as staff was to host weekly events and nothing more. Maybe then, weekly events, with 1 voucher per event.

2 - Shiny Stone, Ancient Tablet, Reapers Cloth. Where be my evolutionary items! -coughs- Any evolutionary items. Though that might be asking too much. Not that I wouldn't mind paying 10+++++ Vouchers for said Evolutionary items. Metal Coats, Dragon Scales, Soothe Bells, Prism Scales..etc. The voucher Equivalent of Token store? Or..maybe just see the currently non-existent/past event Evo items appear in the token store (When the item to evolve a Pokemon is worth more than the evolved Pokemon..meh..) -rolls-

I get that the Pokemon is the prize, and that therefore..eventually..We'll be able to evolve all of 'em, but atm, I'm not interested in the baby Pokemon, except for dex data gathering purposes. HOF..Why do you care that Togekiss will be OP? Is it because you don't have one? Have there not been other OP Pokemon in the history of this game? Doesn't Togekiss already exist in game? I get that it sucks to either have a pokemon be useless...or be OP. I just want a complete set to exist, that is accessible to everyone. (For tri-sets. Like Mamo's and Dusks, and Toges.) I doubt it will ruin the battle scene so completely that it will be game ruining.

Aside from that. Awesome job you guys! I'm always amazed at all the improvements I keep seeing that I'd previously thought were impossible to implement. (Seriously, no matter what else happens, the removal/fix of negative -xp will always be my fav. thing, ever. )

Tecknician

HOF69 said:
I know this might not be the place for this and might seem repetitive, so I apologize in advance. Given that Togekiss will soon be available and having witnessed what it's capable of with the moves it can have, Echoed Voice and Solarbeam need to be fixed before the next voucher event. With access to both of those broken moves, Togekiss becomes nearly unstoppable in PWO when you throw in Flamethrower and Aura Sphere.
The CNY Event was a special case where 3 vouchers were handed out. The majority of weekend events will only hand out 1 voucher. We have time :)

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
I'll have to consider whether or not I'd like focus blast there, I can see why you would choose that as only a few pokemon used in battles will be given it. I'd actually like to suggest an HM be placed there, which will be usable infinitely such as waterfall or surf, maybe even fly? (even though they won't work as intended, it's an MMO and maybe they shouldn't)

I won't speak as to my opinion of the lower tiered pokemon, I'm sure there's a reason for everything... for example why pichu is in tier and such, and I'm sure it was heavily discussed by the staff. What I will say is that I couldn't really be more happy with tier 3 aside from focus blast, which as I've said I'll have to contemplate more.

Now for the fun stuff, the possibilities! I'd like to make a short list of ideas (not necessarily suggestions), that I think would be interesting possibilities, and are worth discussing. In no particular order:

-Enable item trading so vouchers can be sold, making it more interesting a concept in total.
-Enable vouchers to be bought from the token store, maybe 1 or 2 tokens each?
-Offer money sinks with vouchers, 2m= 1 voucher?
-Offer pokemon sinks for vouchers, 5-10 S Commons = 1, 1 S Rare= 2 vouchers?
-Reward milestones in game with vouchers, beating all 16 gyms, every 250 or 500 PVP wins, completing quests, filling P-dex up with a certain amount of seen/caught pokes, every 250 hours in game, etc etc.
-Hold voucher raffles along with token raffles, do it more often.
-Hide and seek voucher mini events.
-Give Eco free vouchers
-Officially sponsored player run tournaments with vouchers as prizes
-Higher chance of a shiny for an additional voucher (rip off of token store, admitted plagiary) maybe 1/10th better chance?

Like I said, I don't necessarily agree with all of these, just a random idea spree. I'd imagine the staff would want to keep vouchers more event exclusive, but always worth discussing things.

HOF69

EcoWOLFrb said:
I'll have to consider whether or not I'd like focus blast there, I can see why you would choose that as only a few pokemon used in battles will be given it. I'd actually like to suggest an HM be placed there, which will be usable infinitely such as waterfall or surf, maybe even fly? (even though they won't work as intended, it's an MMO and maybe they shouldn't)

Give Eco free vouchers

What you did there, I see it. (wary)

Also, I really like your HM idea. Needless to say, getting a Tier 3 item isn't like running to the Department Store; it takes a lot of time to get enough vouchers for just one prize. So having something that's useable over and over would be pretty awesome (if at all possible with the current client).

nemo55

Dang! I really like Ecos Ideas here, atleast 50% of these ideas should be executed! Definitely will make things a lot more interesting!! ;D

Also, I'd like to add maybe another idea for Accessories Voucher Prizes Store?!

- Accessories: Masks, hats, clothing, running shoes ???

Tecknician

EcoWOLFrb said:
I won't speak as to my opinion of the lower tiered pokemon, I'm sure there's a reason for everything... for example why pichu is in tier and such, and I'm sure it was heavily discussed by the staff. What I will say is that I couldn't really be more happy with tier 3 aside from focus blast, which as I've said I'll have to contemplate more.
Feel free to speak.

I will say some pokemon was put in tiers for different reasons, stigma being one (which is why pichu is in tier 3).

This topic was created to discuss these sort of disagreements.

AncientWizard

Could you add an evo item called (PROTECTOR) please so we could evolve our Rhydon into Rhyperior please :'(

Peace-Enforcer

I would like to see all baby pokemons added so if you don't intend to add Riolu at least add azurill to tier 1 or 3

AncientWizard

I have a suggestions for tier 4 ;D
tier 4 - 10 vouchers
Chimchar egg
Piplup egg
Turtwig egg
Rhyhorn and Protector
Murkrow and Dusk stone
Sneasel and Razor claw
Armor Fossil
Skull Fossil

Saurus

Banned
To me, it should have stayed at tier 1 and tier 2. Tier 3 should have been a mysterious Tier that held mysterious items that could be obtained, at random.

"Oh no. That is stewpid! What if I get the same prize twice?", yeahhh, I did say at random didn't I? PWO is essentially based on luck, so why not make these Tiers about the same thing? Just a thought.

Potentially, feedback will spiral downhill with requests for items that likely will get nothing but a breeze blown at it.