Blue's Log Of Updates

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
UW01 said:
Any News About Da New Drop Rate System?
TidierVirus said:
Hey bluerise, how is the item drop update going? So many players are waiting on it so they can finish off quests and evolve their pokemon. You said it be at least a week so any news on the item drop? =)
Sorry about the delay. I shall chase up the progress status of the project and hopefully all being well, I can play my role. :)

Sweetboi

Youngster
It's all good blue, i just cant wait to see what happens with the item drops =)

GawertyXL

Any updates on the new playerdex lee? and what about the group titled Pdexers? I did get an invite for that at one point, so I am just kind of curious~

BlueExorcist

Bluerise what is Stolen Goods Is For Quest's?
Now i Cant evolution Mismagius,Honchkrow If We Have Dusk Stone?

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
There's been an alternation made to the list given for drops.

Merlino

i don't know where to post, but the fisherman's quest it's not clear. He requires a Poliwrath and then, once i evolved it, he says that he needs it 99 :mad: :mad: :mad:
-edit-
now works

Stevie

In my opinion, Gloom is either too rare or the Dusk Stone drop rate should be 100%. I feel like I've been searching for way too long now.

Franc92

Youngster
I have been searching him too for almost 3 hours and didn't get any. My friend in 5 min found gloom and it dropped the stone..

Mega.S

Stevie said:
In my opinion, Gloom is either too rare or the Dusk Stone drop rate should be 100%. I feel like I've been searching for way too long now.

In my opinion around 30% in gloom and 100% in murkrow was a nice drop rate.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
How often do you think the dusk stone should drop? Bearing in mind that this is an exclusive item that evolves your pokemon to a 4th generation pokemon, hardly seen in PWO previously?

Do you think it should be the same rate as metal coat and dragon scale? I personally expect to spend 1-3 days hunting either of those items, depending on how many hours I can spend each day, and am very happy if I find one sooner.

This is a new pokemon you are hunting for basically. If it was set as a direct spawn you would probably expect it to be at the old HR rates, I will confirm that the drop rate for Dusk Stone is not that difficult.

Stevie

Well since you explained it like that, I totally understand why it's so difficult. I was just mainly posting out of frustration ;)

Merlino

franc1992 said:
I have been searching him too for almost 3 hours and didn't get any. My friend in 5 min found gloom and it dropped the stone..

It was 1,5 h, franc nub

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Playerdex Update - June update

Right, this will be the final update hopefully before going live. I will most likely be avoiding any further questions regarding this subject. As it goes the update is still being worked on, i'm amending bits & pieces and redoing broken parts of the Playerdex that broke as things needed amending to work with other things.

I do intend to bring this update out and due to 'life changes', it'll be easier not getting distracted. What I don't think some players realise is you want updates - these updates require time. Sometimes it is a case of either working on Playerdex or working on that 'other update'.

I do hate myself for simply put it, how long it has taken. It is not acceptable, I will agree however I do want to get this update released in a working condition.

If i'm keeping quiet, it is because I don't feel the need to update you though I expect some of you will disagree with this.

I'm not giving an estimate though I do have one in my head and set down in our management/task process.

I am sorry for the time it has taken.
~Blue

[fyi - i'm also making minor fixes to the existing Playerdex]

Mega.S

You deal with lots of things in pwo Blue, i know if you only work in playerdex it already was done, you cant do miracles... i still remember the year you miss in school because all time you spend in pwo... Dont go down with critics!

Good luck! =)

Bad-News-dodo

Bluerise said:
Playerdex Update - June update

Right, this will be the final update hopefully before going live. I will most likely be avoiding any further questions regarding this subject. As it goes the update is still being worked on, i'm amending bits & pieces and redoing broken parts of the Playerdex that broke as things needed amending to work with other things.

I do intend to bring this update out and due to 'life changes', it'll be easier not getting distracted. What I don't think some players realise is you want updates - these updates require time. Sometimes it is a case of either working on Playerdex or working on that 'other update'.

I do hate myself for simply put it, how long it has taken. It is not acceptable, I will agree however I do want to get this update released in a working condition.

If i'm keeping quiet, it is because I don't feel the need to update you though I expect some of you will disagree with this.

I'm not giving an estimate though I do have one in my head and set down in our management/task process.

I am sorry for the time it has taken.
~Blue

[fyi - i'm also making minor fixes to the existing Playerdex]

i understand , tyt

Merse

Youngster
I'm glad my voice was heard. I'm also glad to see this project is still going on.
Just feel the need a bit more to update us in the future ;)

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Service Availability

There is planned maintenance for tomorrow. This is likely to occur during the afternoon rather than the usual evening.

Also likely during the weekend or early next week - i'll be looking into an saving issue that is preventing mutes on some accounts from expiring. We're currently planned a staff only period of a few hours.

Moves

Starting from today, for moves - i'm going to trial a new Trello board that is exclusive for moves. To add notes to the board, you need an account with Trello itself or a Google account. If there is a move issue, add a new card to the 'To fix' list. Ideally the name of the card should be the move, and the issue should be noted down within the description.

If any users have additional feedback for the move, they can add a comment. You don't need an account to view the board.

To join the board, you need to either send your trello username or email by PM and i'll send you an invite.

https://trello.com/b/hiaeSE2d/pwo-moves

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Possible rollback of updates

Unfortunately following today's maintenance - there were errors with the server code. Looking into the issue further and comparing to a backup of the code from last week, we've noticed that a number of changes made to the server code in the past few weeks are not visible. The most recent server backup is not suitable for use.

We're currently reviewing backups to identify the missing code and will be adding the code ready for the next build of the server. There is however the possibility that any changes made since last week may be removed or changed.

The latest build (before the server was took down for maintenance) will be started up from 3.45pm (UTC).

We will keep you updated.

Update #1: Shane has provided another backup that was made slightly later than the one we're working from.

Update #2: A new server build will be live from midnight, Saturday. Please note there is a possibility that a few moves may not work as they did. If a move is broken, report here - https://trello.com/c/i0PTgdeU.

Update #3: Due to an error, the new server build will be live later today or tomorrow.

Update #4: We'll be testing the new server build, Saturday from 2.30pm. If it works, we'll be having a staff only period later this evening to look into a saving issue with mutes.

Update #5: The new server build is now live. As a reminder - there is the possibility of any server side changes made in the past week are now lost. If a move is broken, report here - https://trello.com/c/i0PTgdeU.

The-Predator

Youngster
Bluerise said:
Possible rollback of updates

Unfortunately following today's maintenance - there were errors with the server code. Looking into the issue further and comparing to a backup of the code from last week, we've noticed that a number of changes made to the server code in the past few weeks are not visible. The most recent server backup is not suitable for use.

We're currently reviewing backups to identify the missing code and will be adding the code ready for the next build of the server. There is however the possibility that any changes made since last week may be removed or changed.

The latest build (before the server was took down for maintenance) will be started up from 3.45pm (UTC).

We will keep you updated.

Does this mean are u guys going to take off some of the latest updates Shane did??