Advice For Slaking Haters...!

The-Predator

Youngster
joysclash said:
Machamp cant one hit kill slak but surely kills it in 2 revenge trust me ... i have done it a lot of times and slak cant kill machamp..

slak can KO machamp by 2 hits dude and slaking being faster obviously would win

joysclash

KPyppo said:
slak can KO machamp by 2 hits dude and slaking being faster obviously would win

nope im afraid u r wrong buddy slak is faster then champ but it cant ko machamp in 2 hits ..but machamp can ko slak in 2 hits i have already done this like more than 10 times ..and since machamp is common new players can surely afford a shiny machamp since its cheap ...but yes i must say slak is still op and unprepared players might get in trouble if they face it ..so i would say no to slak..

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
[glow=red]Slaking has been the subject of many discussions lately and I'm sure it will not stop being. As we can see many different opinions have been expressed here. I don't know whether any change in slaking structure can solve something but in what seem me the best way is yet to warn before battles: NO slaking.[/glow] :/

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
KPyppo said:
Machamp- Epic lol at this would like to see even trying it
[glow=red]I didn't make the test yet but considering the lastest moves update I do believe it can defeat slaking with Revenge or Vital Throw. :p [/glow]

Edit: [glow=red]Oops, I guess I got a mistake with these moves, which ones have decreased priority. Machamp seems being stuck in the same. Sorry~ :-[ [/glow]

BlackBloodz

Just wanted tonote at whar Kpyppo say . Good def/hp rhydons can survive 3 focus punch from max atk slak .. It's a sure slak killer .. 3 eqs or 2 and a hammer arm

joysclash

julio2503 said:
KPyppo said:
[glow=red]I didn't make the test yet but considering the lastest moves update I do believe it can defeat slaking with Revenge or Vital Throw. :p [/glow]

Edit: [glow=red]Oops, I guess I got a mistake with these moves, which ones have decreased priority. Machamp seems being stuck in the same. Sorry~ :-[ [/glow]

dang it :p how many times will i have to say that i have already tested machamp against slak ..and champ beats slak even when it takes the hit from slak first.. with 2 revengs or with 1 cross chop followed by a revenge ...thats it simple as that ...and machamp survives 2 hits from slak ..test it your self and you will know it...but i havnt tested it with a normal champ i have always used shiny machamp to beat slak so i dont know about normal machamp ...and if crosschop misses well then thats another case :p

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
joysclash said:
julio2503 said:
KPyppo said:

dang it :p how many times will i have to say that i have already tested machamp against slak ..and champ beats slak even when it takes the hit from slak first.. with 2 revengs or with 1 cross chop followed by a revenge ...thats it simple as that ...and machamp survives 2 hits from slak ..test it your self and you will know it...but i havnt tested it with a normal champ i have always used shiny machamp to beat slak so i dont know about normal machamp ...and if crosschop misses well then thats another case :p
[glow=red]Sorry, I missed your previous post. I focused on KPyppo's post and on the recent update. But I never made a test to confirm that then I'll trust on you. :p [/glow]

The-Predator

Youngster
joysclash said:
julio2503 said:
KPyppo said:

well people that usually uses slaks in their teams are players that doesnt rlly have a good team at all so maybe their slaks are not that good stats, i can tell u there are slaks out there that easily KO machamp by 2 hits, im saying this because i already tried it as well

joysclash

well then perhaps your right in that point i guess ....every player has their own views and opinions and i respect your opinion but that dosent mean that im wrong....the ending outcome of a battle may vary on different circumstances on both players aspects so we are both right :p hehehe

davedelta

actually me too has killed slakings with machamp but machamp gets badly damaged and opponents next poke ko it for its slow..

Drexed

KPyppo said:
Scizor- doesnt deal good damage and slak can hit it with neutral power (focus punch)
Steelix- steelix could be defeated if missing (have passed to me)
Blaziken -blaziken cannot OHKO slaking so it will be down after second hit from slak
Charizard- can defeat it if max spatk and if faster than slak
Heracross- cannot OHKO slaking (have tried) so it will be easily taken down
Rhydon- cannot KO it not even with 2 earthquakes
Muk (not even kidding)-not sure about it
Nidoking/Nidoqueen- no waaaayyy
Feraligatr-it was possibly a counter against slaking but since superpower decrease atk 1 stage i dont think is a good counter anymore
Typhlosion- cannot KO it not even with 2 flamethrower so maybe if faster
Swampert- not a good counter
Blastoise-not sure
Dragonite- not a good counter
Salamence- maybe if faster
TOGEKISS- not sure about the damage it inflicts against slak but im sure it doesnt OHKO it
Mamoswine- have hit slak with icy wind and then 2 earthquakes and doesnt work so no it doesnt defeat it neither

Machamp - Proven counter via revenge
Scizor - Get a decent attack scizor 20+ ivs will smack slak
Steelix - Notice how you said IF. who misses THAT many times?
Blaziken - Solar beam is potentially 2hko
Charizard - No explanation needed he can smack slaking with any sp attk he has
Heracross- Close combat, he's resistant to dark and fighting doesnt need to ohko slak
Rhydon - ill give you this one but only because of focus punch without it he would be scrap.
Muk - how don't you know about muk? it would be close though since muk is missing a few hard hitting attacks.
Nidoking/Nidoqueen - Yes "waaaayyy" Blizzard, ice beam, earth power all it needs to have an advantage over slak focus punch wouldnt really be a problem either because of its type coverage.
Feraligatr - Underestimated, can tear slak a new one he can either use superpower or spam icebeam either one will get the job done.
Typhlosion - its the same as char except he doesn't have coverage with fight types, still wouldnt make a difference flamethrower or solarbeam does the trick.
Swampert - same as feraligatr except hammer arm or ice beam but then again fera has higher base stats so this is debatable.
Blastoise - Underestimated, tanks all day Hydro pump, ice beam or blizzard and thats all she wrote.
Dragonite - You cannot be serious, Bulkier version of salamence minus the speed, flamethrower is all it needs. Did I also mention its a mixed attacker?
Salamence - he could be slower and still win with the type coverage
Togekiss - Aura sphere = game. crit is 160% of his health which would be hilarious to watch also other wise its a 2hko with slaking barley surviving the first one.
Mamoswine - Simply not fast enough and is weak to fighting you win this one also

For the most part slaking loses to these also didn't they remove focus punch as learnable? meaning it would have to be an older slaking to even use it, this list would be MUCH longer if thats the case, all these can be proven also.

Yes i know i didnt name a lot of the pokemon that can beat him easily, but most on this list aren't difficult to come by for the most part.

BlackBloodz

@drex ,
The only pokes from the list that are 100% slaking killers are Stelixl , Scizor and Rhydon .. not sure about Machamp and Muk

Other that those , all the pokes you mentioned above slaking CAN 2hko them all , or at least not die to them .. You must be forgetting there's no abilities in pwo atm therefore there's no that ability which doesnt let Slaking attack 2 turns in a row.

Drexed

Rhydon can't beat slaking not fast enough, weak to fighting, even with hammer arm he'd get hit twice and be done for.

How can you even deny that dragonite, charizard, typhlosion, salamence, and even feraligatr can't beat slak? Dragonite, Charizard and salamence have type coverage over focus punch and can use a flamethrower to easily beat him.

masterchiface

Drexed you're kidding right? doesnt matter if rhydon isnt fast enough, focus punch has negative priority so slak would never attack first.

dragonite can't beat a slak full HP, ive tested numerous times, char and typh MUST be faster and thats still not guaranteed yet, sala is a no. and feraligatr absolutely cant. why not learn a thing or two about battling before saying stuff like this?

Also black if you troll enough slak will beat steel and scizor xD haha

Dovee

Youngster
Drexed said:
Heracross- Close combat, he's resistant to dark and fighting doesnt need to ohko slak
Rhydon - ill give you this one but only because of focus punch without it he would be scrap.
Muk - how don't you know about muk? it would be close though since muk is missing a few hard hitting attacks.
Nidoking/Nidoqueen - Yes "waaaayyy" Blizzard, ice beam, earth power all it needs to have an advantage over slak focus punch wouldnt really be a problem either because of its type coverage.
Feraligatr - Underestimated, can tear slak a new one he can either use superpower or spam icebeam either one will get the job done.
Typhlosion - its the same as char except he doesn't have coverage with fight types, still wouldnt make a difference flamethrower or solarbeam does the trick.
Swampert - same as feraligatr except hammer arm or ice beam but then again fera has higher base stats so this is debatable.
Blastoise - Underestimated, tanks all day Hydro pump, ice beam or blizzard and thats all she wrote.
Dragonite - You cannot be serious, Bulkier version of salamence minus the speed, flamethrower is all it needs. Did I also mention its a mixed attacker?
Togekiss - Aura sphere = game. crit is 160% of his health which would be hilarious to watch also other wise its a 2hko with slaking barley surviving the first one.
Mamoswine - Simply not fast enough and is weak to fighting you win this one also

For the most part slaking loses to these also didn't they remove focus punch as learnable? meaning it would have to be an older slaking to even use it, this list would be MUCH longer if thats the case, all these can be proven also.

Yes i know i didnt name a lot of the pokemon that can beat him easily, but most on this list aren't difficult to come by for the most part.

I see you've never met my Slaking

Drexed

masterchiface said:
Drexed you're kidding right? doesnt matter if rhydon isnt fast enough, focus punch has negative priority so slak would never attack first.

dragonite can't beat a slak full HP, ive tested numerous times, char and typh MUST be faster and thats still not guaranteed yet, sala is a no. and feraligatr absolutely cant. why not learn a thing or two about battling before saying stuff like this?

are you forgetting slaking is a tank? A max attack rhydon with hammer arm does 46.6 - 55.2% on a 1 IV slaking. Against a Max defense slaking does 40.7 - 48.4%. I forgot to add the priority factor, but if thats the case slaking is still at a disadvantage to typhlosion, charizard, feraligatr, dragonite, and salamence meaning he would attack last and using anything else besides focus punch is eh....

Typhlosion and Charizard both win the speed tie 39.1 - 46% flamethrower damage to a max sp def slaking anything under 25 is 2hko.
Feraligatr superpower the first one does 53.6 - 63.3% to a max defense slak with only 20 iv's for his attack, max would do 56.4 - 66.5% he could then switch to sp attacking ice beam does 22.4 - 26.6%
Dragonite Max attk outrage does 40.1 - 47.5% to a max def slaking any thing under 22 = 2hko
Salamence max 39.1- 46% via outrage this same with dragonite anything under 22 is a 2hko

If he doesn't attack first he's getting hit pretty hard either way, btw is focus punch base 50? its what it said on the wiki but im not sure and i cant calculate it falsely.

masterchiface

Why don't you try battling a slak just to see how wrong you are?

Rhydon I'm not too sure on, haven't personally tried it. But you're also forgetting rhydon is a defensive tank.
Lets see, Char and typh do have a chance, i'll give you that. Like i said, must be faster with uber sp atk
Fera = Superpower lowers attack, and wont 2 hit KO.
Drago wont ever 2 hit KO slak, and slak is faster, so just no.
Sala doesn't even have outrage here so no.

Your whole argument = no.

The-Predator

Youngster
Dovee said:
Drexed said:

I see you've never met my Slaking

^ this, and drexed extremely loling at ur PWO knowledge but meh

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
I want to note that, as an epic Blaziken user, even the best Blaziken cannot counter an average Slaking because Blazi isn't fast enough. Slash does barely over 50% damage to Blaziken and Blazi cannot OHKO any Slaking with less than 5 IV Defense (LOL). So, due to Slaking's speed, it gets in the required 2 hits first.

In other words, that's one dead Blazi even if the Slaking took a heavily hit. IF Slaking's attack stat was just a little less then yes, Blaziken would work, but it does not. I've tried several times myself to make it work. It isn't a reliable counter in high tier battles, like against Dove/Darci/etc. This means you can't rely on it. (Hi Jump Kick is a better choice than solar anyway because of the 130 BP + Stab + Weakness bonus.)

Also, somebody mentioned pairing up against 1 IV slakings earlier. You can't base your calculations off of less than perfect stats, LET ALONE the worst possible stat. You have to assume your opponent has the best and can't constantly rely on luck to counter your enemy.

HOF69

Drexed said:

Please note that the following scenarios do not factor in critical hits, as they are unpredictable and should not be relied on to beat Slaking.

Machamp - can counter Slaking
Scizor - easily counters Slaking
Steelix - can counter Slaking, as long as it doesn't miss Sand Tomb several times
Blaziken - has zero chance of beating Slaking with its poor defense, and why would you even use Solarbeam (which will not 2HKO Slaking) when High Jump Kick does far more damage?
Charizard - only beats Slaking if its faster and Fire Spin doesn't miss
Heracross - also no chance of beating Slaking with its poor defense, and why does it matter that it's resistant to Fighting and Dark-type moves when Slaking has Slash to tear it apart?
Rhydon - hard to say about this one, but if Rhydon can tank 3 Focus Punches, then it wins
Muk - no chance to win against Slash
Nidoking/Nidoqueen - you're joking right? Once again, Slash destroys these two
Feraligatr - it takes 3 Superpowers for Feraligatr to KO Slaking (I know, I've tried with my shiny one), and it would take even more Ice Beams; Slaking wins again
Typhlosion - no chance since it lacks Fire Spin
Swampert - takes 3 Hammer Arms to KO Slaking, so no
Blastoise - yet another no chance
Dragonite - I am serious, serious that Dragonite has no hope of beating Slaking
Salamence - yet another loss
Togekiss - I have not tested this matchup, but unless you manage to 2HKO Slaking with Aura Sphere, Slaking will win, so I'll call this a toss-up for now
Mamoswine - no chance

Drexed, from reading your post, you clearly have forgotten that Slaking learns Slash, which it can use to destroy almost all of the Pokemon you said could easily beat Slaking. Slaking only uses Focus Punch on Pokemon weak to Fighting-type, and it only uses Punishment on Pokemon weak to Dark-type. Otherwise, it spams Slash on everything.

You also seem to think that any special attack can 2HKO Slaking, regardless of whether or not it gets STAB. That is a huge mistake. It is true that Slaking does not have great special defense, but it has massive HP and is more than capable of tanking 2 special moves from most Pokemon. My Slaking always tanks 2 Hydro Pumps from Starmie, and usually 2 Thunders from Jolteon. What makes you think Dragonite using Flamethrower, Feraligatr using Ice Beam, Nidoking using Blizzard, etc. could possibly stand a chance of easily beating Slaking as you have said? If you truly believe in your scenarios, then I suggest you test them yourself and you will see just how wrong you are.