Advice For Slaking Haters...!

Aingaran47

Each And Every Day I See A Couple Of Guys Fighting And Abusing Each Other Just Because One Of Them Used “Slaking” In Their Battle, So The Verbal Battle between Each Other Goes For Another 5-10Mins Ending Up Spamming The Battle Channel… I Would Like To Say Few Things To Guys Who Hate Slaking

YUimoJl.png

1, If You Don’t Like Battling With A Player Who Has Slake, Just Type ( B99 no Slake or Battle 99 No Slaking ) It’s As Simple As That

2, Since You Guys Forgot To Mention (no Slake) Its Purely Your Dumb Fault You cannot Blame Your Opponent For Using Slaking

3, And If You Guys Give Battle Request In The First Place And If The Opponent Has Slaking That’s Also Your Stupid Fault Because You Gave The Request.. But What Happens In Game?? You Guys Either Disconnect Or You Won’t Make A More For 5-10Mins And You End Up Calling Your Opponent As “NOOB”

4, Just Because You Guys Are Scared And Not Stronger Enough To Battle Against SlakIng , It Does Not Mean A Player Who Spent 15$ (Real Money) To Buy A Poke From Token Store, Should Stop Using It

5, My Advice Stop Crying And Hunt For Good Pokes In Game. There Are A Bunch Of Pokes Which Can be Caught In Game That Can Easily Defeat Slaking ( Slaking Are Easy To Defeat Btw)

6, If You Guys Are Not Strong Enough To Battle Slake And Yet You Want PWO To Introduce More 4-5th Gen Pokes, There More 4th And 5th Gen pokes Strong As Slaking And Even Much Better Than Slake And If That Pokes Are Introduced I Don’t Know What You Guys Will Do

SO STOP BEING JOKERS AND TRY TO GET BETTER….!

Orean

Website
twitter.com
Question to the battling sub-community that endorses the no-Slaking rule: has Slaking proven itself to be uncontrollably unbeatable as of recent? If so, what do you believe can be done to further nerf it, aside from the obvious Truant ability that may not be implemented nearly as timely as current battle-system features that can be added or augmented? I'm not asking this to insinuate that it isn't, but rather because I'm not well-versed on the pvp scene myself, and I believe it has been a while before its OP stature has really been reappraised.

I am aware that the no-Slaking rule has came to vogue when there was an official tournament, prohibiting Slaking due to its near-unanimous OP stature at the time, and the no-Slaking rule has been customarily practiced since. There have been an array of battle-system updates since, which has improved many Pokemon since; Slaking is one Pokemon that was not directly bolstered by most, if not all, of these updates—it did not inherit any of the TM-releases into its move pool, for example.

I personally believe it's very plausible that Slaking may still be OP—any raw power is insubstantial at-best compared to base stats, which Slaking still has the most of out of any obtainable Pokemon—but just as possible that its current prowess has never been fully re-exposed, due to the rigidity of the no-Slaking rule.

Merse

Youngster
For regular battlers, with a very versatile team of high IV Pokes, and several hundreds or thousands of battles Slaking doesn't seem so unbeatable. But for those who just start their PVP career and don't have their full team of epics and they are still practicing and experiencing with their teams, Slaking could be extremely frustrating with excellent base stats, devastating attacks and with a single weakness to a type which is almost never appears in PVP. It is really frustrating when a Slaking single-handedly defeats your whole team.

But the main issue with Slaking is that there are relatively few, very specific Pokemon and their very specific actions which can stand a chance against it. For example, Charizard could be used against Slaking, true, but only f it has max HP and max SPD (if I remember correctly). Otherwise it's just another Poke you lost. Usually a Pokemon can be countered in many ways, and you don't have to have years of experience and an all-over epic team to beat it. But unless you have read the many discussions about Slaking on the forum or you got lucky and you have exactly the Pokemon to counter it, you will have no chance. Again, I'm talking the role model of a player who does not have the several hundred battles experience that some has.

HOF69

Creobis said:
Question to the battling sub-community that endorses the no-Slaking rule: has Slaking proven itself to be uncontrollably unbeatable as of recent? If so, what do you believe can be done to further nerf it, aside from the obvious Truant ability that may not be implemented nearly as timely as current battle-system features that can be added or augmented? I'm not asking this to insinuate that it isn't, but rather because I'm not well-versed on the pvp scene myself, and I believe it has been a while before its OP stature has really been reappraised.

Not at all. It is indeed very powerful and certainly tough to beat in a simple one on one matchup. But Slaking needs 3 hits to beat most Pokemon with solid physical defense and HP, and it can OHKO very few things. After it has defeated one Pokemon, it is usually very damaged and won't be able to withstand the next opponent. More importantly, given the presence of so many fast special attackers in battle right now, it is easy to finish off a Slaking without getting injured. As long as Slaking is not allowed to learn any TMs, beating it shouldn't be that big of a problem.

vergarux

use cloyster, use meta, use steelix, use forretress, use scizor....
slaking sucks

Aingaran47

Creobis said:

I am aware that the no-Slaking rule has came to vogue when there was an official tournament, prohibiting Slaking due to its near-unanimous OP stature at the time, and the no-Slaking rule has been customarily practiced since. There have been an array of battle-system updates since, which has improved many Pokemon since; Slaking is one Pokemon that was not directly bolstered by most, if not all, of these updates—it did not inherit any of the TM-releases into its move pool, for example.

I personally believe it's very plausible that Slaking may still be OP—any raw power is insubstantial at-best compared to base stats, which Slaking still has the most of out of any obtainable Pokemon—but just as possible that its current prowess has never been fully re-exposed, due to the rigidity of the no-Slaking rule.

Like HOF69 Says Defeating Slake Is Not A Big Deal Besides A Person Who has Slake Might Even Loose The Entire Battle Just Because He Used Slake... There Are Many Poke That Are Caught In Game Can Boost Against Slake...! Besides My point Here Is Not To Tell Everyone That Slake Is Easy To Defeat... Personally I Don't Care Who Use Slake Or The People Who Lose Because Of It .The Reason I Posted This Thread Is just To Make Sure I Don't Want To See 2 People Complaining Each Other And Spamming The Trade Channel.. Because That Annoys Everyone...!

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
Personally, I don't see what people are complaining about, when slaking had hammer arm it was definitely OP, but now I don't really see it. If the argument is that after it killing one pokemon, it can usually severely damage another, then you'd be arguing that several pokemon currently used are OP. For any of you that actually want traunt, please remember that slaking would naturally get access to higher power moves, and TMs if that were the case.

Now, one final compromise I can offer this conversation is the removal of dark moves from slaking, or perhaps the removal of punishment, and fling. If it didn't have dark moves, it would be a toy for ghost pokemon (gengar) to play with, like a little child...heck even alakazam could kill it then. The lesser compromise of leaving only faint attack wouldn't make too much of a difference other than preventing it from killing gengar in one hit, but I suppose every little bit would help?

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
I dislike slaking because it really kills off a lot of potential Under-used battlers. Notice how several of the mentioned counters are overused.

Simply said, letting slaking back into the mainstream will completely diminish how many unique teams you see or can use yourself. It's counterable now, yes, but I still don't think reintroducing it right now is healthy.

Not that it won't stop people anyway. =P

vaiokh

I have nothing against not using or not for me, will not make much difference, there are several slakings counterattack ..

The-Predator

Youngster
CheckeredZebra said:
I dislike slaking because it really kills off a lot of potential Under-used battlers. Notice how several of the mentioned counters are overused.

Simply said, letting slaking back into the mainstream will completely diminish how many unique teams you see or can use yourself. It's counterable now, yes, but I still don't think reintroducing it right now is healthy.

Not that it won't stop people anyway. =P

Exactly this, what about those players that do not enjoy using same common battlers? I personally enjoy battling with non-common battlers on casual pvp, if unbalance pokemon like slaking were re-introduced to the battle scene i wouldnt be able to use the team i am currently using nor others, is exciting when facing someone with variety of pokemon, u can tell us we can beat it with a few pokemon what about if we dont like to use such pokemons??

Drexed

What can beat Slaking you ask? Lets see:

Primeape
Scizor
Steelix
Blaziken
Charizard
Heracross
Machamp
Rhydon
Muk (not even kidding)
Nidoking/Nidoqueen
Feraligatr
Typhlosion
Swampert
Blastoise
Dragonite
Salamence
Shuckle
TOGEKISS = potential OHKO with aura sphere
Mamoswine

Most of those on the list are bulky or hard hitters its Spdef is bad so its not really that hard to stop. If he didnt have fling gengar and starmie could probably stand a chance but his base HP is 150 which makes it hard to do so.

Drexed

Statistical wise Starmie has 85 base defense and is weak to dark type moves, Slakings base attack is 160.

According to the damage calculator with no stab punishment does 98.3 - 118.7 % on a max defense starmie a crit would be 128.7 - 151.7 %.

Starmies strongest attack on pwo hydro pump does 41.6 - 49% on a max Sp attk starmie, a crit would do 62.4 - 73.5%.

Aingaran47

Drexed said:
Statistical wise Starmie has 85 base defense and is weak to dark type moves, Slakings base attack is 160.

According to the damage calculator with no stab punishment does 98.3 - 118.7 % on a max defense starmie a crit would be 128.7 - 151.7 %.

Starmies strongest attack on pwo hydro pump does 41.6 - 49% on a max Sp attk starmie, a crit would do 62.4 - 73.5%.

You Dont you throw your calc and try to batte sometime...! Slake Cannot Kill Star Even its a bad Def Starmie..Where Star can Kill Slake If 2 Hydropump Lands on it..! And FYI if Star gets Crit on slake With Hydropump Slake Will Also die in one hit...!

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
I'm afraid that I must point out that that long list of pokemon you gave examples of is wildly incorrect.... only a small amount of those pokemon are actually able to beat slaking, and some options were missing as well...

Masta

The main 1 he missed was metagross,and all battlers know starmie can 2hit slaking if hydro hits twice.

The-Predator

Youngster
Primeape - cannot OHKO not even a bad slak
Scizor- doesnt deal good damage and slak can hit it with neutral power (focus punch)
Steelix- steelix could be defeated if missing (have passed to me)
Blaziken -blaziken cannot OHKO slaking so it will be down after second hit from slak
Charizard- can defeat it if max spatk and if faster than slak
Heracross- cannot OHKO slaking (have tried) so it will be easily taken down
Machamp- Epic lol at this would like to see even trying it
Rhydon- cannot KO it not even with 2 earthquakes
Muk (not even kidding)-not sure about it
Nidoking/Nidoqueen- no waaaayyy
Feraligatr-it was possibly a counter against slaking but since superpower decrease atk 1 stage i dont think is a good counter anymore
Typhlosion- cannot KO it not even with 2 flamethrower so maybe if faster
Swampert- not a good counter
Blastoise-not sure
Dragonite- not a good counter
Salamence- maybe if faster
Shuckle- (ono) u got to be kidding me
TOGEKISS- not sure about the damage it inflicts against slak but im sure it doesnt OHKO it
Mamoswine- have hit slak with icy wind and then 2 earthquakes and doesnt work so no it doesnt defeat it neither

joysclash

Machamp cant one hit kill slak but surely kills it in 2 revenge trust me ... i have done it a lot of times and slak cant kill machamp..