What Would You Like To Suggest To Improve The Wiki?

Naero

KeineLust said:
the format of this wiki is very good

is of the other game
http://es.terraria.wikia.com/wiki/Wiki_Terraria

Are you referring to the navigational bars and what not? That uses the wikia web-hosting service, which is different from the wiki service PWO's wiki is using - the latter is financially managed by Bluerise, where as the latter (wikia) is free-to-host and funded by advertisements. Therefore, much of the format features used on the wikia website you linked (navigational features, for example) are bound by the services provided by its operator in Wikia. Inc I believe; these features are differentiated with the PWO wiki, which uses the wiki content management system itself I believe.

Therefore, I don't believe it's doable to replicate the format used for the wikia website you linked (assuming you're referring to the navigational bars), but I'm not fully positive as I'm not wholly familiar with administrative management for wiki's.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
That's a horrible layout in general for a wiki. >.<

Saric

Youngster
KeineLust said:
Lass_Leaf said:
This wikia layer look better than the Terraria one tho.
http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/RuneScape_Wiki

yes this is more orderly

I do not understand the wiki pwo

do not know where to find the pokemon
It's not difficult. Either click on categories and you can go through locations, http://iblamelee.co.uk/pwo/wiki/index.php?title= <-- or add the pokemon name at the end of that link and press enter.
The search box is also there for you to take advantage of.
Personally, i dont like the look of wikia. It always looks so cluttered and mashed together.

CoolKnightST

Ok here are some suggestions:
  • Fixing the registration (I never got my password)
  • Update the wiki version: I saw the wiki still use an old version of wikia. It would be usefull if we can get an update to an more recente version.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
CoolKnightST said:
Ok here are some suggestions:
  • Fixing the registration (I never got my password)
  • Update the wiki version: I saw the wiki still use an old version of wikia. It would be usefull if we can get an update to an more recente version.
You only got a password if accepted.
'Wikia' is not Wiki software. We use MediaWiki which Wikia also happens to make use of. We're actually using the current main version.

voltagens

well i was updating the movesets of some of my pokes yesterday, was cheking the wiki for that, and found out some missing things, probably there are some more, probably you guys are aware of it, but in case you don't, i'll tell you what i found:

Ampharos moveset is incomplete. As you can see on the wiki, he only have take, growl, thunder wave, cotton spore, light screen and thunder, but moves like electro ball, power gem and signal beam are already ingame. (but now that i think about it, i get the idea of reading that you've updated pokedex until #180, and ampharos is #181, so that explains it)
On the 'broken moves' page, Steamroller still says it doesn't exist, when it was already added (i know i've read smthing about it in a changelog, but i can't find the link now).
And the last thing, it seems to be some kind of bug, look at the Ampharos page for exemple, on the effectiveness board, you can find 'psychic' 2 times, but the second one leads to the ice page, the link is correct, just the name displayed is wrong. But it doesn't happen in all the pages, some pokes got it right, but some others dunno why show 'psychic' 2 times instead of 'psychic' 'ice'.

well, hope i could be of any help, keep up the good work folks.

Saric

Youngster
voltagens said:
well i was updating the movesets of some of my pokes yesterday, was cheking the wiki for that, and found out some missing things, probably there are some more, probably you guys are aware of it, but in case you don't, i'll tell you what i found:

Ampharos moveset is incomplete. As you can see on the wiki, he only have take, growl, thunder wave, cotton spore, light screen and thunder, but moves like electro ball, power gem and signal beam are already ingame. (but now that i think about it, i get the idea of reading that you've updated pokedex until #180, and ampharos is #181, so that explains it)
On the 'broken moves' page, Steamroller still says it doesn't exist, when it was already added (i know i've read smthing about it in a changelog, but i can't find the link now).
And the last thing, it seems to be some kind of bug, look at the Ampharos page for exemple, on the effectiveness board, you can find 'psychic' 2 times, but the second one leads to the ice page, the link is correct, just the name displayed is wrong. But it doesn't happen in all the pages, some pokes got it right, but some others dunno why show 'psychic' 2 times instead of 'psychic' 'ice'.

well, hope i could be of any help, keep up the good work folks.
Yes that explains the amphy thing. Mareep/flaafy (sp?) is updated but amphy is not.
Fixed steamroller.
As for the other amphy thing, no idea on why it's doing it. Will bother with it later (or someone else will have to)

Professor.Oak

The Weakness Template bug has been fixed.

Also FFS, can someone add float right to the Pokemon Templates? They've been like that for at least a month or two already, the only reason I dont edit them is because they're protected.

KstersSlade

psychosamm said:
Just an FYI Abomasnow doesn't have a page whatsoever.

No gen.4 poke has a page.

But I would suggest aligning the main context box of the pokemon to the right like it used to be.

Naero

psychosamm said:
Just an FYI Abomasnow doesn't have a page whatsoever.

Due to the unavailability of 4th generation Pokemon - save for Spiritomb and Snover/Abomasnow, from past seasonal events - the 4th generation Pokemon pages have not been considered a priority, in terms of how resourceful a page would be to the playerbase. We have considered making headway to adding Spiritomb and Snover/Abomsnow's pages, particularly for 4th generation Pokemon, on the wiki; however, I will personally spruce up the remainder of the 3rd generation pages with templates (namely, a moveset template), in addition to adding several missing 3rd generation Pokemon pages, before I add any 4th generation Pokemon pages.

However, due to other forthcoming projects (such as a major revamp/overhaul of the playerdex page to summarize the new playerdex, when it is live), I may be untimely in adding the 4th generation Pokemon pages in the time I do dedicate to editing the wiki, for the upcoming months. It isn't/won't be a forgotten task, however.

KstersSlade said:
But I would suggest aligning the main context box of the pokemon to the right like it used to be.

Syntax-wise, the template is designed to be aligned to the right of the page. However, due to outdated CSS scripts in the wiki atm, its alignment is not displayed properly.

Professor.Oak

KstersSlade said:
Ohh ok so nothing can be done about aligning it to the Right? If not, I would say centering it looks the best like here

http://iblamelee.co.uk/pwo/wiki/index.php?title=Glalie

Instead of

http://iblamelee.co.uk/pwo/wiki/index.php?title=Snorunt

It just looks awkward with it aligned to the left becuase the picture is also aligned to the left leaving a big space towards the right of the image.

The only thing that needs to be added is something on the Pokemon Template itself to make all of them Float-right,
Heres an example, http://iblamelee.co.uk/pwo/wiki/index.php?title=Spheal (Note it removes the border because I'm doing a table inside a table, but it's just to show the alignment property)
It would literary take 5 seconds to add in, it's beyond me why it hasnt been done yet.

KstersSlade

Professor.Oak said:
The only thing that needs to be added is something on the Pokemon Template itself to make all of them Float-right,
Heres an example, http://iblamelee.co.uk/pwo/wiki/index.php?title=Spheal (Note it removes the border because I'm doing a table inside a table, but it's just to show the alignment property)
It would literary take 5 seconds to add in, it's beyond me why it hasnt been done yet.

Ok yeah that looks right there.

hniku

I would like some kind of category list of pokemon types so that you, for example, can see what water types there are in the game.

Naero

hniku said:
I would like some kind of category list of pokemon types so that you, for example, can see what water types there are in the game.

There already are category pages pages for this; the links can be found at the footer of all Pokemon pages that have been added. For the Pokemon information templates that we use, it automatically categorizes a Pokemon into a type-category page, based on the type value that was given in the template data (fire, water, grass, etc...).

For a full list of type categories: http://iblamelee.co.uk/pwo/wiki/index.p ... gory:Types

Professor.Oak

CoolKnightST said:
Wrong information to report:
- Route 1 NPC's: Lass Joyce => Schoolgirl Joyce | Pidgey lv 3; Rattata lv 3
- Route 1 NPC's: Boy Cliff => Schoolboy Cliff

http://iblamelee.co.uk/pwo/wiki/index.php?title=Route_1

They do need to be changed, however they were placed like that because there is no Schoolboy/girl sprites uploaded to the Wiki atm, I'm sure someone could just take the ones from Boy/Lass and put it on Schoolboy/Girl if they wanted to I suppose.