Update on Re-Spawn project.

Tha-Kram

feedback on the feedback topic pl0x: http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=32376
this thread is for announcements or questions related to the process only

as you can read at the feedback thread, i did mention the high level of Poliwhirls was rediculous compared to the fishing
they were even catchable by fishing for a while
and 1 more thing, Viridian Forest has no water ;)

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Old Rod is now available in the Viridian Forest Clearing for a discount price of 3k.

The poliwhirl will not defeat any new players because it is surf only. It is the evolved forum of poliwag so natural to be there, but not so natural for it to be a low level.

Merse

Youngster
Maaan... Brock will be way too easy to defeat now. Oh well, I'm ready to listen to the crying about how ridiculously strong Erika or Janine is... :p

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Merse said:
Maaan... Brock will be way too easy to defeat now. Oh well, I'm ready to listen to the crying about how ridiculously strong Erika or Janine is... :p

I still think the butterfree quest is a good challenge for new players, and that has to be completed before getting the old rod.

Tha-Kram

the only difference is basically that you can choose between water or grass pokes to beat Brock
but as HF said, the quest has to be completed first
otherwise you have to use Mankey from route 22

if your starter is Char of course, the other starters can go solo easily

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Thank you all for you patience. We know the wait has been far longer than expected and apologies for that, but even with the staff changes this is still a high priority and we plan to push ahead with it as fast as is practicable.

Block 4 is planned to be released after the downtime tomorrow at 7pm UTC. (5 hours for testing the new drop rate system)

It's all been fairly standard changes so far- making training more reasonable by boosting wild pokemon levels, adjusting spawns to make sense etc. Expect more of the same but also a couple of other surprises in Block 4 tomorrow. :)

Maps that will be updated:

Rock Tunnel 1F
Rock Tunnel B1F
Sandshrew Cavern
Power Plant
Pokemon Tower 2F to 7F
Route 8
Route 7
Celadon City
Route 12
Route 13
Route 14
Route 15

Hope to see the ingame SpawnTest channel full of eager testers tomorrow. As usual we will update on Twitter and the spawn test feedback post before going live.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Hello again. A quick update as testing continues for block 4. A healer NPC has been added to Pokemon Tower 5F. This replaces the previous NPC which offered to teleport you back to the Pokemon Center for a fee.

As always any and all feedback you have on the new block is most welcome and any suggestions will always be taken on board. We're especially looking for feedback on rare pokemon and items which are easier for many hunters to gauge rarity of than just one or two staff. :)

Post your feedback here:

http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=32376

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Just so all the information on the recent spawn releases are all in one place, there is now a Kanto Spawn Test page in the PWO wiki. It gives a very rough idea of the spawn rates, so don't expect any spoilers there. :) It also shows the other updates that have been made in each block of testing, including a full description of how fishing levels work in the newly spawned areas now.

Enjoy.

http://pwo-wiki.info/index.php?title=Ka ... wn_Testing

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Block 5 is now open for Player Testing. Maps that have been updated are:

Kanto Safari Zones 1-4
Fuchsia City
Route 16
Route 18

For the next 3 days Kanto Safari Zone will be half price to enter in recognition of player help to test the spawns there.

After that 3 days is up, the price will be raised in line with the 13 minute time that was introduced after the last weekend event.

So for 3 days the price to enter Kanto Safari Zone for 13 minutes is 1.5k, after 3 days it will be 3.9k for 13 minutes.

As always if you have any feedback on the spawns- and we want to hear from as many of you as possible- please post here:

http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=32376

And as always feel free to join the SpawnTest channel ingame to discuss the new spawns live with other players and staff.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Today we updated the spawn levels in Route 45, both land and water. This was the redress the imbalance in the two regions regarding earning money for the surfboard and continuing on to the next region.

With the higher level spawns in Kanto already from the re-spawn project there is little issue in gaining 50k by the 6th badge, which we consider optimal for it. And in case you have already spent your money on other things, grinding for the money on the higher level spawns now available in Kanto isn't a great issue. Players starting in Johto however have still been experiencing this block to their progress.

The higher level spawns in Route 45 will now yield more money and make the task of saving for the surfboard much less tedious.

***Fishing level needed for horsea on route 45 is now 20 due to the higher levels, so you will need to have that fishing skill for the Dragon's Den quest.***

Pretentious

Any news on when the next block will be implemented, or has this been pushed aside for the time being..?

nemo55

This is the reason I stopped playing PWO :eek:

Spawn project revamp in which I feel should be done in 1 month, takes nearly half a year or more to complete :eek:

What a horrible headache and punishment this is to the hopeful players :(

Its not only this, don't get me wrong, but everything is like this...

And I say this a million times, this game is soooo far back, that even the new updates will not satisfy the average player, this game is doomed imo >_< Pretty sad, a game i used to love and spent 3k hours in :(

Luminance

Youngster
Developer
nemo55 said:
This is the reason I stopped playing PWO :eek:

Spawn project revamp in which I feel should be done in 1 month, takes nearly half a year or more to complete :eek:

What a horrible headache and punishment this is to the hopeful players :(

Its not only this, don't get me wrong, but everything is like this...

And I say this a million times, this game is soooo far back, that even the new updates will not satisfy the average player, this game is doomed imo >_< Pretty sad, a game i used to love and spent 3k hours in :(

May I know why would you like the update itself to be within a month? I mean, how bad do you suffer from the original spawns that you want the new system to be in place? Or you just want the updates (No matter what they might be) to be happen more rapidly?

BestGuy

In my opinion.. There are many updates that can be done... not just the spawn system.. everything... and it takes so long.. u can hire a good programmer to do everything in a week... and everything here takes months and years.. people are buying with real money so use that money... hire a programmer .. thats my opinion ...
anyways the game is awsome just need a good programmer to do things

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
SRIpUYG.png