Update on Re-Spawn project.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
OCTOBER 25 UPDATE

The last block in the spawn testing releases is now live- Johto Safari Zone! The Zone has been remapped thanks to Donar- who did this some time ago before he became a DEV. Join the fun in the zone, you might even get lucky and find a Porygon, which is now catchable for the first time.

As always, leave your feedback here:

http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=36607

OCTOBER 11 UPDATE

Routes 38,39, 40, 41. Olivine City and Cianwood City.

Notably in this spawn update is that Shuckle is now catchable in Cianwood City! You have to fish to find this strange pokemon, but it's not actually a water pokemon. While you are fishing there is a chance you will find shuckle amongst the rocks and it will get caught in your line- lucky fishing everyone! You'll need level 40 fishing to reel it in so make sure you come prepared.

Magnemite are now dropping metal coats in routes 38 and 39, at the same rate as they fall in the Power Plant.

If you have feedback on the new changes put them here:

UPDATE: July 2nd 2015.

Johto Spawn Testing has begun! The connecting routes 26 and 27 were put ingame a couple of weeks ago and the first block of Johto a couple of days ago.

There's not much new here. To start with Johto didn't have many flaws. We've boosted the levels a bit on some of the maps which we'll continue to do as we did in Kanto of course. The main change/addition here is to Hidden Crag.

Hopefully this is the start of a much faster roll out of blocks for Johto than for Kanto- fingers crossed! We have some much more exciting stuff to come. In the meantime if you have feedback on the new changes put them here:

UPDATE: 22/02/2015:

Water Route 19 and Route 20:
-Very different spawns and levels now. Remoraid and Corsola are here but Magikarp is gone, for instance.
-Level buffs
-Relicanth will be adding NPCs to battle here.

Cinnabar Volcano Island:
-Farewell, Staryu. I'm sorry, but it had to be done. Johto doesn't have enough unique native Pokemon as it is.

Cinnabar Volcano Path:
-Magby replaced by Magmar because Voucher Prize Corner.
-Level buffs

Route 21:
-Mostly changes done to the water, same as the ocean routes and kanto water stuff.
-Level buffs

Cerulean Cave:
•Massive changes to the map's purpose.
-The spawns are completely, utterly different. This is no longer a major hunting map - sorry to say but if you want Rhyhorns, you will have to visit the safari. That being said, Marowak lovers might have a little more fun here than in Lavender Tower. Also, if you're trying to grind for a surfboard or are stuck on the other region's high level gym leaders, this will probably be a godsend.
-The levels, especially on the last floor, are majorly buffed; CC is now a training area. No more painfully training, say... Jolteons to level 99 on Gravelers and Quagsires.

•Massive changes to the quest courtesy of Relicanth.
- Due to the changes in the map's purpose, it now takes only 8 badges to enter CC 1f and 2f. If you have 8 badges but don't have a surfboard, a guy named "Cerulean Cave Aid" in Cerulean City will let you in if you talk with him.
-That being said, you can't reach B1F without having 16 badges and completing the original entrance quest. For people hurting on exp, though, it will be worth it.

This will seem a little familiar for some of you, and it should be. We're nearing the end of a long project. Before I continue, I will first need to make sure that everyone is caught up with what has been happening and will be happening over the next few weeks/months:

Last announcement about Spawns/Rarities said:
The staff have decided that PWO has gotten to the point where the current spawns and rarity rates are no longer healthy for the game. Because of this, we have decided to do several things to bring better balance to Pokemon encounters.

We will be:
-Renaming Pokemon rarities. This means no more common/rare/very rare/horrible rare naming system.
-Changing the actual rates of the different rarities. For example, commons will no longer have a chance of 1/10, rares will no longer be 1/100, ect. I will provide more information about this below.
- Looking at all the current spawns in the game and will change what Pokemon are on what map, what rates they are, and possibly their levels (namely Johto).
- Be trying to find a more structured system for surfing and fishing spawns. Pokemon that are not fresh water Pokemon will no longer be found in fresh water areas. For example, Pokemon that should be fished for (Magikarp) will no longer be encounter-able by surfing.

Our aim has been to make a more realistic/healthy spawnset for PWO, as well as make the levels of those Pokemon better fit how we want players to progress. Our most important ideal was to make both spawns and levels be useful for attempting the next gym. In the coming weeks/months, you should see changes to the levels of the Pokemon on each map, and in many cases the Pokemon themselves. We have been working long and hard in the background to make sure we do a good and thorough job of this, even if there was no evidence of it ingame. That is about to change, but even more importantly, we need your help to finish the project.

Here's how the project has been progressing and what will happen from here.

1) STAFF ONLY: Discuss each spawn and determine if it needs to be adjusted or removed. (This step is complete but subject to change.)

2) STAFF ONLY: Staff testing of new spawns. We will be testing the spawns before releasing them live to you, the players. This is to make sure we don't accidentally do something like create level -2 Tangelas or make Rattata super-ultra rare.

3) PLAYER TESTING. Staff will make the new/adjusted spawns live. This is where you come in. We are looking for feedback on the following:
-Spawn levels: How long did it take you to train, especially between gyms? Was this a reasonable amount of time?
-Spawn rates: Was something too abundant or too hard to find?
-Spawn Species: Were the Pokemon helpful where they were placed? Are they placed in too many/too few different areas? Could they be better used elsewhere?
*We encourage discussing the spawn changes with others.
*Feel free to make a new account (or more) for testing purposes as long as you follow the game rules.

Things we will not do:
-Add random 3rd-4th gen/legendary Pokemon in the wild just for the sake of them being in the game.
-Change the rarities of Pokemon because they were something else before or add/remove Pokemon just because they were or weren't on a map before.

*) How spawns will be made available for player testing:
-The first region we are opening for testing is Kanto.
-As said in #2, the maps will be released in "blocks." The blocks are based on areas accessible between the Gym Leaders.
-The first testing block will be for Pallet Town, Route 1, Route 2, Route 3, Viridian City, Viridian Forest, and Viridian Forest Clearing. (So Pre-1st-badge)
-There is no set deadline for the first spawn test to occur. This is because we want the playerbase to be made as aware of these changes as possible. We really want feedback from everyone we can. Expect surveys, topics, discussions, etc.

The actual rarity names will not be made public until we have at least completely finalised an area- and not until Teck returns to make the changes next month!

As we progress through the maps you will find many changes particularly to fishing and surfing as was mentioned by Teck in the original post- so don't forget to test out the waters too.

Anything and everything can change, but what changes and why will depend on you all beyond a certain point. I'm not going to lie. There will probably be some decisions you disagree with, but remember that despite all of our planning things can change in a heartbeat with good reason. We look forward to testing with you.

UPDATE, Wednseday, July 24, 3am UTC:

The following areas are now open for testing:

•Fuchsia City
•Kanto Safari Zones 1-4
•Route 16
•Route 18

To note, for the next 3 days Kanto Safari Zone will be half price.
On July 27 after 3am it will then cost 3.9k to bring it in line to the recent time increase- up to 13 minutes from 10 minutes.

Merse

Youngster
Interesting. It would certainily be interesting if spawns would differ more from the original game :)

Tendou

Considering no one seemed to read this part smh...

3) PLAYER TESTING. Staff will make the new/adjusted spawns live. This is where you come in. We are looking for feedback on the following:
-Spawn levels: How long did it take you to train, especially between gyms? Was this a reasonable amount of time?

The training is well made. Pokemon will always requires patience so I did well with that part, no issues from me except i can see people are actually having issues with first Kanto's gym. I would consider the decreasing of Butterfree's catch rate considering newbies needs to farm a lot to train a caterpie more we farm on DD/Mt Silver due the lack of good attacks and exp. So Nerfing Butterfree's catch rate (players do have a low amount of pokeballs for a first gym and has no way to spend a lot of thems at once) would be the best solution for that area but its wild rarity wouldn't' be affected.

-Spawn rates: Was something too abundant or too hard to find?
There are some nonsense spawns on Johto (Gastly as HR on your way to Ecruteak considering it is Rare on Bell/Bellsprout Tower) and the useless Wobbuffet, unless if Wobuffett's moves are made hittable (changing Counter's base damage to 50 by example) it would be a lil reasonable for its VR rarity.
We also need to be more abundant on using Fishing Rod I would like a Fishing Rod Reset when the changes will be made and set some pokemons with their respective fishing level and nerfing fishing level Xp to the next level by a pinch, so the rod would be indeed usable after lv 40. Surfing would require a similar respawn but not all pokemons by fishing would be found by fishing and if any fishing pokemon if inlcuded on surfing it would be harder to find them cause we are surfing so we are not touching the deepsea with our feet like the fishing rod does with its rod.

-Spawn Species: Were the Pokemon helpful where they were placed? Are they placed in too many/too few different areas? Could they be better used elsewhere?
As far I can see there is at least 1 poke before each gym that WILL help anyone to defeat the next gym leader so I did not find any issues.

Orean

Website
twitter.com
Tendou said:

Just to clarify, the announcement is intentively instructive for providing feedback thereupon the release of our revamped maps, more so than feedback on the current state of all the spawns; the latter (reassessing and revamping the current spawns) is something that we have been discussing behind the scenes, and are nearly ready to come to fruition for the players to test it live—a few more details and schematics remain to be finalized.

Many concerns, including those that have been raised up by players, have been taken into account throughout our spawn-revamp project, have been revamped and addressed accordingly, and we are waiting to see how those changes shake out once they are at a releasable/player-testable state. If these changes still leave behind some of the concerns and problems that you've raised up, upon the point of release/live-testing, we will be looking forward to seeing follow-up feedback on them!

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Tendou said:
Considering no one seemed to read this part...

Thanks for the feedback on the current spawns, but we haven't made the new ones live as yet. :) When we do that we'll post again asking for more feedback exactly of the sort you just gave.

Buggot

I'm excited to start testing :D
I'm also loving all the new updates we are having!

Shiva~08

Growlith.....vry hard to find.....i did /list and it said growlith is abailable n these maps....amd i kept on searching ol i encountrd was nidoran and drowzees ......took membership not even a single shiny its my 6 day of membership... :(

Tha-Kram

fishing rod reset - what does that mean?
all fishing levels back to 0, or re-do all fishing levels you need to encounter certain pokemon?

I was wondering if it is possible to bring the water lab back, but only as a fishing pool
no surf encounters, no commons
for all the hardcore fishing fans :p

PROMapperKnuckles

Youngster
BlazE_VipeR said:
Growlith.....vry hard to find.....i did /list and it said growlith is abailable n these maps....amd i kept on searching ol i encountrd was nidoran and drowzees ......took membership not even a single shiny its my 6 day of membership... :(

If you were hunting grows here then you were in johto by the contest park and grows are VR there you should try them in kanto in route 7-8 where they are R and easier to find.

wolftamer

First off:
Tha_Kram said:
fishing rod reset - what does that mean?
all fishing levels back to 0, or re-do all fishing levels you need to encounter certain pokemon?

I was wondering if it is possible to bring the water lab back, but only as a fishing pool
no surf encounters, no commons
for all the hardcore fishing fans :p

Uh, I just noticed that your picture to the right (can't remember the name for it) is a Pikachu with breasts, yet this Pikachu is a male evidently by its tail. Taking that into consideration, this... this worries me...

As for this update, seems very nice, I would like to test it. (Though, I doubt I'll have the time)

Rigaudon

Youngster
Regards.
Testing will begin on Wednesday, 6:00 UTC. (26 hours from the time of this posting.) No downtime or server restarts will be required.

The following areas will be open for testing:
•Route 1
•Viridian City
•Route 22
•Route 2
•Viridian Forest
•Viridian Forest Clearing

[Edited to give a more clear idea of the timeframe and what to expect]

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
I think areas like these above will be hard to test and get feedbacks. But if I have free time I'll hang around there. :p

Kathrine

cant wait to try :) i can´t log in now, it wrote me that im logged in another server ;D

Rigaudon

Youngster
Open spawn testing has begun.
The following routes are under open testing:
•Route 1 (no change)
•Viridian City
•Route 22
•Route 2
•Viridian Forest
•Viridian Forest Clearing

Once we have collected enough feedback and made adjustments, the changes will be made permanant.
Then, we will begin testing the areas from Pewter City through Cerulean City. Since the changes in this update are likely less controversial, feel free to PM me or post here about your feedback. Later we will have a separate topic for this.

Tha-Kram

first view: no Gen II pokes in V forest anymore
I can understand that, it maybe was a bit too crowded there
but may I ask what the reason is of removing Pidgeotto?
with all those bugs you would expect a natural enemy living in the same area