Event Tiny Cup ( level 20 tournament )

Pokemonmaster3.0

i wanna be the very best like no one ever was. to catch them was my real quest to train them was my cause. i will travel across the land, searching far and wide each pokemon to understand the power thats inside PPPPPPOOOOOOKKKKKKEEEEEEMMMMMMOOOOOONNNNNN pokemon!

Sushikraver

The Good Samaritan
Staff member
Community Guide
Last call for any tournament hopefuls! Registration ends today (00:00 Jan 21 UTC) in about 10 hours since this post was made. Brackets will be made with video proof and posted here shortly after.

If you don’t think you’ll be ready for battle within the next week (or at any point in the tournament), inform us as soon as possible!

Sushikraver

The Good Samaritan
Staff member
Community Guide
Round 1, Jan 24 – Jan 28 11:59 UTC

Please use Discord or the Forums to contact your opponent and schedule a time to battle. We require proof of communication - or else the wheel of fate will decide who goes through. We have nearly 11 Rounds to get through; we’re not stopping.

As stated earlier, let us know if you will be unable or unavailable to continue the tournament. Best of luck. Notify @Sushikraver or @Feathers.McGraw regarding fair play issues with video evidence. Best of luck!

Group 1
Match 1: @Navier v. @EvilWaterfall
Match 2: @Cleveland v. @Jide
Match 3: @Lordi v. @wristcutter
Match 4: @Amay v. @Calskyhalk
Match 5: @AberrantSpectre v. @Grivin
Match 6: @EinfachEinBoss v. @nistaa
Match 7: @Kanyie v. @IRufi
Bye: @NTCollector

Group 2
Match 8: @The-Joker v. @seancayden
Match 9: @istikoy v. @mahmutekici
Match 10: @parquettistapazzo v. @Tendou
Match 11: @AustinEndO v. @pytonulx
Match 12: @Victor-Lopes v. @Charlotte~
Match 13: @civilian v. @KyuSama
Bye: @Pokemonmaster3.0 and @Degesinho

Group 3
Match 14: @AsianKid v. @Jeankman
Match 15: @EinfachEinBeast v. @liviu
Match 16: @lWtRl v. @DeZoLa
Match 17: @Doomdan v. @Viper
Match 18: @Darren. v. @Emilly
Match 19: @Rifqi1157 v. @Kuro~
Match 20: @Fadoka v. @woodknight
Bye: @fu1lua

Group 4
Match 21: @Nikkks v. @vboador1993
Match 22: @PabloPii v. @vyom12
Match 23: @Georgelzr v. @zorojuro
Match 24: @edmondantes v. @ImTachi
Match 25: @gingerprimarina v. @DH94
Match 26: @MonsterMouse v. @desya
Bye: @Eser! and @ProfessorCarrieOak

Last edited:

BigApple

(Registration has ended), Battles start 24th January.

Most Pokémon allowed (Wynaut/Wobbuffet have been banned for the following reasons - Wobb v. Wobb matchup would take over 100 turns and take all the fun away, must be level 20, no 32 IVs.
Dragon Rage (move) is banned as 40 HP nukes, and some Kingdra exist to abuse it. There is little to no counter-play
Only enter with one account.
5 day rounds, best of 3, Double-elimination bracket.
Avoiding battles will result in an automatic loss. ‘Avoiding’ includes and is not limited to:
- Refusing a battle when you are online and your opponent asks to battle OR not showing up to a pre-arranged battle time.
- Use the "battle" channel in the PWO Discord to contact your opponents and organize a time.
Please record battles that way you have proof if anything goes wrong, keep screenshots of attempts to contact the opponent, don't wait for the last second to contact them.
If both sides attempt to arrange battles but don't manage to have them the wheel will decide fate.
If you disconnect that will count as a loss for that battle.

Getting disqualified will result in forfeit of prizes.

Clauses
  • Species: Each Pokémon on a player's team must have a different Pokédex number. (Ex: A team with two Abras is prohibited, while a team with Abra and Kadabra is allowed.)
  • Item Limitations: All items allowed. (If you start with air balloon you must let your opponent know, This way it makes it fair while the item message is broken at the start).
  • Sleep: Each player can only have one Pokémon asleep at a time. (Pokémon that are put to sleep due to Rest or Sleep Talk do not count).
  • Evasion: Moves or Abilities that increase the user’s Evasion are prohibited. (E.g. Double Team, Minimize, Sand Veil, etc.)
  • OHKO: Fissure, Horn Drill, Guillotine, and Sheer Cold are prohibited.
  • HP/Status Modification: May not modify the health/status of a Pokémon before the start of the battle. All Pokemon must be fully-healed and free of any status conditions.
  • Modified Baton Pass: Baton Pass cannot be used to pass boosts. (E.g. Baton Passing Dragon Dance, Swords Dance, Curse, Moxie boost, etc. is prohibited)

1st place:
rFn4SV0.png
, 30k Tokens, and Champion's Statue
2nd place:
F1c70kz.png
, 24k Tokens
3rd place:
XqURu6T.png
, 18k Tokens
4th place:
Jlz4OWg.png
, 15k Tokens
5th - 8th: 12k Tokens
9th - 16th: 10k Tokens
All else: 6k Tokens, under the contingency they actually complete a match
Can I sign up? in my country it is still 21/january T_T please

Sushikraver

The Good Samaritan
Staff member
Community Guide

A few things:
  1. Were you unsure to join up until the last minute?
  2. And have you already prepared teams?
A new entry would also mean a new bracket. It would be unfair to the rest of the participants who registered on time. I’m sorry that you missed the deadline, but with battles starting in a few days, not having a team means changing the whole bracket for naught. I hope you can understand.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Registration closed as soon as it became 21st January, so the last time to apply was 23:59 UTC on the 20th. Sorry if this was unclear in the original post; however, @Sushikraver did post a “last call” roughly ten hours before the deadline to warn against missing the deadline, which you can see a handful of posts above.