The rat problem.

Tecknician

Rattatas has become the blunt of jokes of being on every map (as well as zubats) so I proposed we make ralts the most commonly used spawn! Why?

a) Ralts are cool.
b) They are psychic pokemon
c) You could never be mad at ralts, it's too cute
d) It's 1 letter away from rats.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Your description sounds cool. I would love to have a shiny cute Ralts. But I guess Kanto and Johto have no appropriate spawns for Ralts and it should be at least rare, not common. :-[ Or unknown as well as now. :p

Tecknician

It won't be common, as we are adding a new rarity level that has a higher chance of encountering. We are calling it spawn at a rate of >.5

Tendou

If the spawning wont be the same as common why you would compare it with the common rats :p Teck y u so troll. People complains about rats but not all rats like marill and pikachu im pretty sure people would praise god for getting these rats as shiny, see not all rats are hatred :p.

The annoying thing it is about there will be at least rats, rocks or bats together in a single cave zone and we are like tired to see that for each cave. The rat itself isnt a problem it is just what comes in addition for the rat.

Tecknician

Tendou said:
If the spawning wont be the same as common why you would compare it with the common rats :p Teck y u so troll. People complains about rats but not all rats like marill and pikachu im pretty sure people would praise god for getting these rats as shiny, see not all rats are hatred :p.

Oh silly tendou, pikachu is a mouse pokemon as is marill. There's a rather large difference. Mice are cute, rats are not.

White.Wolf

Empress Teck said:
Mice are cute, rats are not.

and Ralts is an exception <3
cuteness rat ever ~
too cute to be the most commonly used spawn >w<

Isguros

Youngster
Since Ralts isn't a water type Pokemon, I have to reject your offer. I'm sorry.

Shiningamisgirl

I agree with all of this! Bring forth the Era of the Ralts, let them infest every nook, cranny, crevice, crevasse, train, terrace, tree. Every blade of grass and patch of rock shall be covered with sudden Ralts infestation! Of course Teck if you also wanted to add Relicanths to every surface of the PWO world..I could hardly object.

Relicanths are in fact cousins of the rat..and they kinda sound like rat..They both start with R's? They both have tails!

Future~Sight

Youngster
Website
www.matmartinez.net
Shiningamisgirl said:
I agree with all of this! Bring forth the Era of the Ralts, let them infest every nook, cranny, crevice, crevasse, train, terrace, tree. Every blade of grass and patch of rock shall be covered with sudden Ralts infestation! Of course Teck if you also wanted to add Relicanths to every surface of the PWO world..I could hardly object.
Relicanths are in fact cousins of the rat..and they kinda sound like rat..They both start with R's? They both have tails!

Nouuu! why is everyone trying to destroy my collections of water rocks and gardevoirs!?
If anything, make cleffa, igglybuff, pichu, surskit, and everything else that i don't have common.

How about some pesticides? Buy for 200k each, and they make rats n bats a bit harder to encounter for like half an hour!

Merse

Youngster
First of all: Ralts <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
But Ralts should be very hard to get, IIRC it was VR in Hoenn UC in Sinnoh, VR is Unova (and only catchable in White) and R only in Kalos. So it definitely shouldn't be as easy to get as a Rattata.

My other issue with the idea is that we're discussing about replacing a Pokemon because it's too common. But why don't you want to replace those damn Zubats then? They are everywhere and you can't run away even if you have a +20 level Pokemon. But back to my original point. Several Pokemon were refused to be catchable because there are no habitats for them on the current maps. I think this argument should work both ways: Just because Rattata has many habitats it doesn't mean it shouldn't be that common. It's like you would say that there there are too many pigeons or sparrows in the cities, let's kill them and immigrate nightingales or jays. I like POW for rollowing the inherent logic of the Pokemon World and if it dictates that Zubats and Rattatas can be found almost everywhere (and it does), then it shouldn't be overridden. If you must replace Rattata, I would suggest Pidgey, Igglybuff, Snubbull, Stantler or if it must be a Hoenn Pokemon then Zigzagoon or Poochyena.

Shiningamisgirl

Lol! Sorry Future, we just wanna touch all your pretty pretty prettys.

I agree and disagree with Merse!-Tho I do totes luv the Merse-

Yus just because Rats can inhabit any area -like roaches- Does not mean they should! -totes use Futures idea for pesticides. Kill the little devils off-

Fact! Humans often bring in species that are non-native to an area via trade, or even on accident, for exotic pets. Humans bringing in Vectors. Heck the Polynesian Rat is an example of humans mucking things up. (Google it, they killed Easter Island!..mabye.)

Sometimes these new species are so much better then the old species, so invasive, or fill a niche better than another species. That they completely kill off the native species. A good example of this is.>All of Australia! Rabbits, Cats, Cane Toads, Birds to eat the Cane toads. (Syrs Australia is one messed up version of "The little old woman who ate the spider to kill the fly.")

I say that if you're gonna replace it. Replace it with something not already commonly accessible to all players. (Ever tried to sell a Zigzagoon or Mightyena? They are all = parts suck.) You don't have to make the replacement common, but make it available. A Tailow maybe? Some Fish species? Flying..water..Flying/Grass? Plants can be invasive species too, as can fungus!

Merse

Youngster
What you say about human impact of nature is all true. But the beauty of the Pokemon World is that except of a few artifical-origined Poekmon (Voltorb, Magnemite, Porygon, Mewtwo), humans and Pokemon live in harmony and in balance which means that habitats shouldn't be endangered. Especially if you consider that many Pokemon Trainers, Coordinators and whatnots roam around the world and they constantly keep the information about the sitouation of Pokemon up to date. And if something goes out of sync, there are the appropriate people to restore balance.
Ok, this was all theoretical, I know :D

Shiningamisgirl

Pffft the beauty of the Pokemon world. Is that it is rife with chaos! Fine, let's toss out the intrusions of man, being what they are. If of course you're going the route of the cartoon, sans logic. -Forget that Ash totes about a Pikachu from Kanto into every region, or that transporters allow one to take a Pokemon from any region in their PC with them into battle.-

What abut the aliens? Yes, all the alien Pokemon -Deoxys and that stupid wishing star thing- Or all the time traveling, dimension warping, dream twisting, earth, fire, wind, air, water, ice, land, storm destroying legendary pks; that constantly put entire regions in jeopardy should they get so much as the sniffles! -or be summoned by some moron who 'does not know their power'-

Let us also remember all the endangered Pokemon..Hunted and captured into near non-existence. The ones that are usually bred up in a Pokemon Reserve, or Safari.

I see your point...So..Why not make a Pokemon reserve? That holds exotic/non region oriented/nearly extinct pokes. That people can go and..catch...in said reserve. Even if they're hard to catch!

Also..EEVEES! Eevees should be the new rats. They were free in the original game, and they're linear evolution cycle is broken. I demand an Eevee! Might as well be a rat with the way it's all brown. Dark beady little eyes. Rat in disguise I say!

OR..orrr.. Honchkrows! -and murkrows- Honchkrows are now in game. Let em loose I say, roam free and control all the little murkrows!

Tecknician

Merse said:
First of all: Ralts <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
But Ralts should be very hard to get, IIRC it was VR in Hoenn UC in Sinnoh, VR is Unova (and only catchable in White) and R only in Kalos. So it definitely shouldn't be as easy to get as a Rattata.

My other issue with the idea is that we're discussing about replacing a Pokemon because it's too common. But why don't you want to replace those damn Zubats then? They are everywhere and you can't run away even if you have a +20 level Pokemon. But back to my original point. Several Pokemon were refused to be catchable because there are no habitats for them on the current maps. I think this argument should work both ways: Just because Rattata has many habitats it doesn't mean it shouldn't be that common. It's like you would say that there there are too many pigeons or sparrows in the cities, let's kill them and immigrate nightingales or jays. I like POW for rollowing the inherent logic of the Pokemon World and if it dictates that Zubats and Rattatas can be found almost everywhere (and it does), then it shouldn't be overridden. If you must replace Rattata, I would suggest Pidgey, Igglybuff, Snubbull, Stantler or if it must be a Hoenn Pokemon then Zigzagoon or Poochyena.

Can't tell if took it serious, or double trolling.
images

Saurus

Banned
I don't know if i'm getting this but...

Empress Teck said:
Rattatas has become the blunt of jokes of being on every map (as well as zubats) so I proposed we make ralts the most commonly used spawn! Why?

a) Ralts are cool.
b) They are psychic pokemon
c) You could never be mad at ralts, it's too cute
d) It's 1 letter away from rats.

All of the above aren't sufficient reasons to replace Ralts with Rattatas. Shiningamisgirl's input is no doubt cynical but underneath all that lies some facts I could agree on. I doubt Rattata's are common spawns because /list tells me there are other pokemon in the exact locations of Rattata for instance. Don't know. I could be wrong. Just my input.

Shiningamisgirl

I think..you got it backwards Saurus. We're gonna replace Rats with Ralts (Ralts don't exist in game, any more then Relicanths do. They're token pokemon. UC's at least!)

Lol, sarcastic maybe, but cynical? Never! I am not bitter, jaded, or biased on anything! (except when I absolutely am) Lol. Nah we're just having fun here, theoretical stuff, hypothetical even! Honestly though rats really are super duper uber woober common. Just as common as Zubats. The problem is that even a zubat is more useful then a Rat. (Crobats rock!)

So, if they could be replaced in some areas. (Do /list Rattata, see how many areas they exist in. The list will tell you where they are, if not the commonality.)

Maybe we don't replace them in all areas, but at least some! There doesn't need to be a Rat on every map, just because there can be a rat on every map. That's like putting a fish in every body of water just because it's a body of water. You're bathtub? Fish! Your cereal bowl? Fish! Your sink? Full of fish!

Saurus

Banned
You're absolutely right! Why not infest the place with rats?! Everybody loves rats. Food cupboards adore them. But. I have never seen a more powerful discussion that involved Rattata before. Lol.

Tecknician

Saurus said:
You're absolutely right! Why not infest the place with rats?! Everybody loves rats. Food cupboards adore them. But. I have never seen a more powerful discussion that involved Rattata before. Lol.
No, I want to remove all the rattatas and add more ralts.