The rat problem.

Shiningamisgirl

Wow Teck. Replacing Rats with Ralts is not gonna work. They're so darn similar, no one can tell them apart! Curse that one letter difference!

Though maybe Saurus is onto something. In order to kill the rat, you must overkill the rat! A mass infestation will destroy the food supply and they'll all die out! Poor starving creatures, and then other things will come in to prey on them like the pathetic rats they are!

What eats rats? Eevees! Or....Anything with teeth I suppose..

Merse

Youngster
Wow, then could we replace Zubat with Umbreon? Pretty pleeeeease ;D

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
I can't wait until the day players are killing shiny ralts because they're just sick of the sight of them.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Would Ralts be so common? According to what I have understood only the spawn is common for every maps... but what about the rarity? Teck said ralts won't be ''common'', ok then. Why do compare rats and ralts? It's confusing me... D:

Tecknician

julio2503 said:
Would Ralts be so common? According to what I have understood only the spawn is common for every maps... but what about the rarity? Teck said ralts won't be ''common'', ok then. Why do compare rats and ralts? It's confusing me... D:

New rarity rate called spam. That's why it won't be common. It will be more like.... super common!

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Empress Teck said:
julio2503 said:

New rarity rate called spam. That's why it won't be common. It will be more like.... super common!

So, it's definitely NO to this idea. :p

Shiningamisgirl

Teck you genius! Super Common! The new rarity everyone loves to hate! So many Ralts that all Ralts would become worthless! I love it!(Except S ralts, 50k for S ralts)

Is there..like..A sarcasm button I can hit? A ah, hmm, how does one put it, a Joke button? Maybe a sticky note I can slap on these posts "Dear readers, all is in fun, all is well. Do not panic at what you see around you. Just go along with the weird. Just go with it."

Heeey..How come he gets a milkshake! I want a milkshake! Ooh I see. Rat puns. Fine you want some rats I'll give you rats!

PoliwRATh, dRATini. LaRATios and LaRATias!

Bring em!

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
I really am sick of all of the Rattatas, Zubats, Geodudes, Magikarp, and tentacool. And, Rats are not in caves irl for the most part, not that I have seen. I think you should replace Rattatas with Teddiursa and Ursaring. Since, bears are actually found in caves.

But, oops. That makes too much sense and would blow everyone's mind for being too logical. Can't have that.

Also, insects are found in caves. How about adding Pinsirs, Shuckles, Volbeat and Illumise into caves? Not that I am saying you should spam them in all caves.

Oh yeah, that reminds me, Bats are not found in all caves. So there is no need to find Zubats in all caves.

And, it feels like there are more water types than any other type out there. Couldn't we find something else to add into the waters so they are not quite so saturated with Tentacools and Magikarps? How about more Lotads?

Merse

Youngster
Chill dude...
You know that Lions don't live in Europe, right? So you can't find lions int he wilderness of Europe, even if technically, there would be no reason, why couldn't they live there. Now, te same goes to Pokes like Shuckle, Volbeat, Lotad, Volbeat, Ilumise etc. They do not live in Kanto or Jotho. Period. Not to mention that Lotad likes lakes and Ilumise and Volbeat would never live in caves ;)
If we really want to reduce the rats, I could rather imagine seeing Zigzagoon and Bidoof in some places. They are all rodents, so it wouldn't completely ruin the ecosystem, like Ursaring would if it would become common. Just imagine that thousand of bears roaming around in the forest. They would eat everyone and everything :)

Atum_Ramirez

Even though I understand what Merse is trying to justify (game balance i think), the examples given were poorly chosen

You know that Lions don't live in Europe, right? So you can't find lions in the wilderness of Europe, even if technically, there would be no reason, why couldn't they live there.

Actually Lions lived in Europe http://web.archive.org/web/20090206173029/http://www.asiatic-lion.org/distrib.html

And there was a reason for them to be extinct in europe, that reason is of course humans xD (in pokemon, humans live in harmony with pokemon)

Now, te same goes to Pokes like Shuckle, Volbeat, Lotad, Volbeat, Ilumise etc. They do not live in Kanto or Jotho. Period.

Shuckle does live in Johto. It was obtainable in Gold and Silver by smashing rocks iirc.

If we really want to reduce the rats, I could rather imagine seeing Zigzagoon and Bidoof in some places.

So, Volbeat, Lotad and Illumise can't live in Johto but Zigzagoon and Bidoof can?

Just imagine that thousand of bears roaming around in the forest. They would eat everyone and everything

I think in Pokemon, Ursaring don't eat other pokemon lol. Probably it would eat berries and brock's food xD

Merse

Youngster
Ok, are we trolling or try to discuss things seriously? :p
If lion was a bad example, then chose Kangaroos, or Giraffes, or Elephants, or Anacondas. Whatever you like. They all could live in Europe theoretically, yet, they don't. Unless you open the cages in the zoo :D
And yes, I would rather see Zigzagoon and Bidoof replacing Rattata than Lotad or Ilumise, because they are rodents and it would somewhat keep up the ecosystem's balance :p But in general, I wouldn't want to see any more Gen 3-6 Pokemon in either Kanto or Jotho.

The-Predator

Youngster
Merse said:
Ok, are we trolling or try to discuss things seriously? :p
If lion was a bad example, then chose Kangaroos, or Giraffes, or Elephants, or Anacondas. Whatever you like. They all could live in Europe theoretically, yet, they don't. Unless you open the cages in the zoo :D
And yes, I would rather see Zigzagoon and Bidoof replacing Rattata than Lotad or Ilumise, because they are rodents and it would somewhat keep up the ecosystem's balance :p But in general, I wouldn't want to see any more Gen 3-6 Pokemon in either Kanto or Jotho.

I dont even think they´d be replacing ratattas for ralts ._., Staff members have already said previously, they wont be putting any other 3rd gen pokemon in kanto nor johto, they say that doesnt make sense and i totally agree, I look this topic more like a troll one, though would rlly like to see something else this year (as everyone i think) I remember 1-2 years ago there used to be 600-700 user online almost all day long, nowadays the number is around 25%-35% of the server´s capacity, so i do think the game is missing something else more than replacing ratattas

Shiningamisgirl

Lol, Merse, so adverse to the randomness! To lotsa things actually..me thinks thou doth protest to much.

Alright then, let's look at it this way. What pokemon already exist in Kanto/Johto. That arent currently in the game? Since no one wants to see Hoenn Pokemon popping up in a region they don't belong in. No bidoofs, no Zigzagoons, that'd make no sense. They would eat all the rats!

The token store needs revamping anyhow. If you're wondering about 'oh no the uc's!' Some of those UC pokemon maybe shouldn't be UC, and should be replaced with better token store Pokemon?

What about - Umbreons, Espeons, Vaporeons, Eevee's (more eevees naturally, they can replace it in the safari zone, replace it with snorlax even. since its linear evolution is broken, and therefore it is only good for Jolteon atm.) Honchkrows. Aerodactyl.

Now we don't necessarily need to replace rats. Simply add more pokemon to the ecosystem so that the rats seem less.

Also, totes agree with Kypo, I dont think Teck is being serious at all, lol! She is a genius troll.

Luminance

Youngster
Developer
I don't care which pokemon can be common...All I'm asking for is Finneon to always be UO (wary)

Atum_Ramirez

Merse, I wasnt trying to troll xD But after rereading what I wrote I uderstand why you said that lol

My point of the post was: your main idea made total sense, but was backed by false premises. Call me silly, but I need to read good ideas backed by valid arguments. That's why I said I understood your reasoning, but also shown that the arguments where not of the same quality of the idea.

When you responded to my post, both the idea and the arguments were good, and that's what I was trying to get. I agree with both the idea and the reasoning behing the post you made after mine xD

About the "no 3-6 gen pokes on johto or kanto" thought. The fact that PWO is based on pokemon maps, is a double edged sword i think. It makes things more familiar to players and make them "live" the real pokemon, which is great. But the problem of it, is that it restricts choices that go away from the original handhelds. If PWO had a region that was not based on pokemon handhelds, there could be freedom to add pokemons from wathever Gen they wanted to that region, which would prevent the "there's too much ratatta and zubat" rant(because we could add bidoofs and zigzagoons like you said, and I agree 100%)

This also make me think about the other Regions of Pokemon. Does PWO want to add all regions from the Handhelds to the online game? If so, how would the game handle a total of 48 gyms? We "only" have 16 gyms, and already reach lvl80. How would PWO acomodate the other 32 gyms?

@ KPyppo, I only played PWO for 3 months so I didnt knew it was so popular back then. What I can say is that as time moves on, more MMO's based on pokemon are developed, so it is normal that people try them and choose whatever they prefer, so that may explain a bit that drop. Also remember Pokemon X and Y has a cool Wi Fi that makes pvp easy