The game reset

DarkCyrus

Tmcm said:
Some of us hunting pokemons to do our colection, playing 3000h, 4000h... And after so much work, lose all...
Well some some will left the game, others will suicide...

Very Bad idea... :S

you are being very selfish, I think Darcia is the one that have the most epic pokemon ingame, is the one that has the most to lose, and he´s the one suggesting this, I think he knows what´s beneficent for the game, even though it has its CONS we have to be rational and accept that the community is destroyed, its full of vermins (scammers, hackers, botters) we have a very few people that´s rlly interested and see PWO more than just a game

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
Well..there are also people after us. Being selfish is something we must not do. If everyone is selfish and lazy what will happen with next generations? I am finding a lot of the points...it would be not easy to have nothing all of sudden but when I think better I would be more happy playing from the beginning where I know for what I am playing..Sad to say but it's indeed truth that everything lost it's meaning..except friends. I feel like the core of the game itself is very unstable somehow. I am here since the begining and close with the game. This is not the game like once was..Deep in my heart i feel that the game need a new beginning. And I totally agree that the game should be completely reset once we are about to get most important updates. Natures, new client or maybe new regions. Those are mine 2 cents from almost six years of playing. keep it up PWO.

Mega.S

DarkCyrus said:
Tmcm said:
Some of us hunting pokemons to do our colection, playing 3000h, 4000h... And after so much work, lose all...

you are being very selfish, I think Darcia is the one that have the most epic pokemon ingame, is the one that has the most to lose, and he´s the one suggesting this, I think he knows what´s beneficent for the game, even though it has its CONS we have to be rational and accept that the community is destroyed, its full of vermins (scammers, hackers, botters) we have a very few people that´s rlly interested and see PWO more than just a game

Lol... the community is not destryed...
And you can made 100 times reset and (scammers, hackers, botters) always go happen, like in our society they existe and we dont destroy citys to kill him, the GMs have made a good work with him and lots get banned lots of times and leave the game...

DarkCyrus

Tmcm said:
DarkCyrus said:
Tmcm said:

Lol... the community is not destryed...
And you can made 100 times reset and (scammers, hackers, botters) always go happen, like in our society they existe and we dont destroy citys to kill him, the GMs have made a good work with him and lots get banned lots of times and leave the game...

resetting the game is not destroying it, and i already posted some other suggestiong other than purging the game just because, that doesnt make sense, I said purging it just if there are new updates being implemented, which i already mentioned above

to note: I would like to see some of the thoughts on this matter from some people i feel respect in PWO such as, HOF69, dovee, Ecowolfrb, JD001, gifford?,
well if they want to comment ::)

Punk!

I was never battler in game.Idedicated my time hunting,training and trading. Been doing that since beginning. I must admit that i noticed this long befor!!. its not about economy anymore or adaptation..its like everything becam in one color. new players are not sticking around for many reasons. I like events they are well made but they are loosing meaning very fast. what i can do is sometimes chat with friends and hunt for pokemons but pokemons wud be only for myself becase no one wants to buy anything. der is problem.I udersant that der are lot of peoople who invested both time and money. I am also one of them..But if feel that new beginning will unite me with game them i am all for it...for the moment i want to feel appreciation for my pokemons and friends. if you ever plan on releasing new client and nature then reseting game wud be the good thing. even if no one from us continues to play then we will watch younger generation playing...hopefully they will not have the same hard road...Long live PWO!!!

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
Oooh, finally! An interesting topic! =D

I believe it is entirely necessary to do a reset. To be honest, I feel that anyone who thinks otherwise has yet to see what I have seen. Otherwise, they are thinking about their or others' pockets. In fact, for some updates to happen, I'd bet there will have to be a reset. xD For some problems, the damage has already been done and there is no way to ever fully heal without a wipe. :V

But unlike Darci, I believe it can't happen right now. As others have already noted, it would be pointless in a few years. We need to fix what is causing these things before wiping, 'cause if we don't, we'll just be having this conversation again in 5 years. Fun!

We should take it all in one fell swoop. A falcon diving for the whole prize instead wasting energy on a clump of feathers. >:0

(Besides, it's not like we can't let people start off with bonuses based on playtime hours and year joined...*cough*HintHintStaff*cough* That way effort will at least be recognized.)

EDIT: On a side note, the economy in terms of $Pokedollars$ doesn't matter. Why? Because I have been here since 2009 and the only time I haven't heard "OMG ECONOMY BROKEN" was...6 months during 2009.

In other words, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN IDEAL ECONOMY IN PWO. WHY? BECAUSE THERE IS NO IDEAL. Everyone has different ideas of what should be worth what and there is no possible way that a majority will ever be happy about it for as long as it is a free market. Now can we please stop saying "economy is bad" like a broken record.

Nikola

Youngster
Well, I wouldnt purge the game before that as well. Certain events have to occur, such as natures, abilities, new client and new region. Most of the people agreed on that one anyway. Things would be more unstable if purging process is initiated right now. A lot of things have to sorted based on their priority. Doing anything before that makes no sense because we would be doing the same task several times...

Thor

Or.....we could just go with the whole original idea of not purging the server, and having a classic one keeping old things so everyone will be happy.....You know that old established idea that has always been said to be the case. Why delete everything when you can just have it on a separate server.

GawertyXL

BoboTheClown said:
Or.....we could just go with the whole original idea of not purging the server, and having a classic one keeping old things so everyone will be happy.....You know that old established idea that has always been said to be the case. Why delete everything when you can just have it on a separate server.

While I don't really think deleting the whole database to make a few players happy is necessary, I wouldn't agree with this either. simply because you're paying double the amount you paid original for one server (depending on your host of course) and simply put, I would think people would play on the original more than the "second" server simply because all of their stuff is on the original.

On to my opinion of this thread: I get what people are saying about the game, how a lot of the population is made up off people who bot and generally every 1 out of 4 players has a botted pokemon either through trading or botting themselves (not a proven figure of course) and also how the economy isn't the best. There are other methods to fixing this, I can't really say what kind of methods, I simply think this is the truth. The only thing I can say is you can't deny the inevitable, once these features people wish for come out, there will be a whole new level of botting, someone is going to make something that inadvertently opens a door to the end of the game. Likewise for the community, the community will either flourish, or completely be the same as it is now.

On a second hand note, Darcia, you can't really call people "vermin" for sitting in the trade areas trading pokemon for money or likewise, once upon a time, you did too. you have one of the most richest accounts in pwo, and some of the best pokemon in the game, there is no way you haven't done exactly what you are calling others out on.

Nikola

Youngster
Gawerty said:
On a second hand note, Darcia, you can't really call people "vermin" for sitting in the trade areas trading pokemon for money or likewise, once upon a time, you did too. you have one of the most richest accounts in pwo, and some of the best pokemon in the game, there is no way you haven't done exactly what you are calling others out on.
I could never spend more then few minutes in trade city. I am afraid that you are totally incorrect here. Most of the money I have are coming from token era. Making 100m per day was nothing if you are actually getting 25m + few S commons for 5 token donation. It was not hard to predict the economy crash either and keep stockpiling the money. Now you can't get even 8m for 5 tokens. If I ever visited the trade city that is because I had to trade or buy something but I was always doing something around. I was in Dragons Den for 7 months before I got the Dragonite I always wanted. I did no trades or battling during that time. More or less I was universal. In matter of fact trading was the last thing I was doing. No point in selling anything if the economy is going to crash soon, simple as that. continue with the topic, don't want to go off-topic. Thanks.

Thor

While I don't really think deleting the whole database to make a few players happy is necessary, I wouldn't agree with this either. simply because you're paying double the amount you paid original for one server (depending on your host of course) and simply put, I would think people would play on the original more than the "second" server simply because all of their stuff is on the original.

Well if that were the case, then it suggests the majority of people want to keep their old stuff and continue and that's fine. The idea behind the classic and new server was that the new server would get updated and not the classic and so if the updates were good enough to drag the people away from their old things then they would play the new server. Win win. Yeah it might be double the cost but it has always been the intended plan and I would have thought with the amount of people donating, its easily affordable.

Bad-News-dodo

erm ok , i'll put 1 or 2 of my thoughts in here :

ok first economy : as we all know , economy is crashing down... well it has crashed already..... but i have to agre with darcia in a point , the large amount of updates staff has been doing was great but as he said , they dont thank the staff at the end ( well few ) they just get excited OMG EVENT , OMG UPDATE , THANKS STAFF yupee -.- , and in another second , this event sucks , this event hard , this event is boring , despite the staff are doing their best and give very well prizes , the players just how can i say it ?... . the unappreciation is increasing day by day because why ? THEY HAVE EVERYTHING , TSS UC , TSS shinys , i see newbies with shiny TSS ," s beldum max spd , and boom on forums 210m - 350m- 600m - who will raise more , i'm expecting more ...blah blah blah blah " . i liked the old pwo in the time from 2009 - 2011 july where getting a BLAZIKEN was considered a life time achievement and a bad stats sala was 120m . the pokemart ,... oh i love the pokemart , challanging , no one tells u decrease the price , u are nub , no one is buying it ...... . the game was really fun , we had 2 events a year and they were 1 month each . halloween event 2011 god i loved this event , but after everything was easy to get . people became more unappreciated and this is because everything is easy to get , s gengar was 230m now s gastly is 2m lol i mean wtf . my point is resetting the game and make everything hard again by removing tss and everything will be just great .

cypher7

I strongly support Darcia here. If this game wants to have a future, it needs a restart. There are way to many shinies already and more are caught every day. 3000+ shinies only in february? Common shinies are treated like trash nowadays, while they should be something special.

Thor

People talk all this stuff about ruined economy. The only reason the economy got like this is because people, including many of the people with the best collections now exploited bugs to gain 100s of millions of ingame currency and hoarded it on many different accounts. People talk about making money by selling tokens saying they cant do that anymore, well the money they were selling the tokens for in the first place was illegally gotten. So what does need doing.....

1) complete reset on ingame currency.
2) randomise all shinies stats from 1 to 31
3) decrease shiny chance making them harder to get-so member chance change to 1/4000 not 2000
4) when the game is ready branch into the classic and new server plan.

Neon

I agree with Darcia. But i will suggest to reset the game when Hardcoreh complete the new client & game have better anti-cheat system.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
Why bother? At the rate Brennan is going most of the illegally obtained money and pokemon will be gone in a year anyway lol.

But seriously, once breeding, natures, EVs, abilities, etc. are fully functioning then the game should be almost completely wiped, leaving only usernames, benefits depending on how long the player has been active (like what zebs said), and perhaps playerdex. Benefits should be something related to keeping SOME of the pokemon or wealth you've obtained (a small amount)

darkshadow.

Not the ideal person to say much about this cause i left the game and rarely play. What does make me return sometimes? Cause i can "visit" my pokes that i love .. I never had much money and all the pokes i have was after very much effort , they all have a sentimental value for me and every one of those have a story.. If the database reset, i could guarantae that i would never return xD Don't blame me for my lack of interest!

Buggot

_darkshadow_ said:
Not the ideal person to say much about this cause i left the game and rarely play. What does make me return sometimes? Cause i can "visit" my pokes that i love .. I never had much money and all the pokes i have was after very much effort , they all have a sentimental value for me and every one of those have a story.. If the database reset, i could guarantae that i would never return xD Don't blame me for my lack of interest!

Of course, I understand your situation, but think of Darcia, he is like the wealthiest and most rich in terms of shinies. :p O:)
I think I'm trying to say that we should be thinking for the whole of PWO and it's future if there will be huge updates.

SapphirePhoenix

Thinking of Darcia =/= thinking of the whole of PWO XD If the future is to be decided for everyone by everyone, then everyone's opinions should be taken into consideration and not ranked based on how much money or shinies they have right now, since after a reset we would all start back at the same and equal level anyways (as a saying goes, "after the game, the king and pawn go back to the same box").

I still like the idea that if a reset is to happen, it has to be done at the right time under the right circumstances (bugs fixed, new client, new regions are able to be added and maybe gen 5 and higher pokemon), otherwise as I stated before doing one right at this very moment with no edits is pointless.

Koriban

I haven't commented on this forum in a long time and have only now just remembered it, so you may or may not know me, but I quit this game after a while when I realised the community itself was heavily declining.

It was actually a multitude of reasons why I quit this game. The two biggest reasons however where the Administrators decisions regarding the game and the older player base. The older player base feel they are entitled because they've played longer, have created their own special social groups with other entitles players and all of a sudden, you're no longer playing a fun game enjoyed by all - when you find something you find "great" (A shiny magikarp, perhaps) most (not all) of the older playerbase would ridicule you. There are a select few who I very much enjoyed talking to and they became my only reason to stay, despite myself being very competitive and joining self-made tournaments (Legendaries being won from official tourneys were ruined some way or another and were not done again, part of the admin decisions) it just kept building up.

I spent a fair amount of money on this game. I bought and sold up to a hundred Token store pokemon and enjoyed doing so because I was getting something and at the same time I was supporting the game I enjoyed. Over time, after playing the game it had its flaws (it is still in beta afterall) but it was at the core an enjoyable game.

However, poor decisions were made by the admins of the game and a lot of people felt cheated and many left due to this. Legendaries being won from Tournies being one example. When you decide to do something like this, you absolutely have to stick to your guns with it. Suddenly deciding to change only upsets those who felt they could have had the same chance at getting these Legendaries. Another terrible decision which was the start of the economy crash was deciding to, for a brief time only, allow people to buy token pokemon and having them have a guaranteed chance of being decent IV's.

This, besides coming across as a desperate cash-grab, created a sesspool of decent IV pokemon that people now only sought after. Any other token pokemon became obsolete because it was not in the same tier as these brief-period token store pokemon. It quite literally separated the market, and pissed off a lot of people who had spent a lot of money already on token store pokemon trying to get a decent IV one.

I certainly am in no way saying no game is without its faults or bad decisions, but making such radical changes and poor decisions need to at least come with a community poll beforehand. Had you asked the community at the time, 90% would of said no to the Token store IV change. I have noticed recently that this is now the direction you are taking, asking more questions, getting feedback and it looks very promising.

However I do feel the damage may have already been done. Which is why I feel a game reset would indeed benefit PWO more than harm it - providing the core of the game mechanics as well as the game itself is at a stable state to come out of Beta. Currently, I do not think you're at this stage yet. However I'm sure you've had internal debates about what will happen come nearer to this time.

Sadly only one of these problems can really be fixed. Entitlement is a common problem in any game that lasts a long time, even for a free to play game. However, better management of the game and more community-based decisions instead of rash standalone decisions can quickly change how the majority community feels about the game. You will never fully stamp out the "vermin" OP speaks of, but you can at least change those would-be "vermin" into more positive people.

Thanks for reading,

Kori.