The game reset

Nikola

Youngster
-This is the most likely the last larger post I am writing. I was told numerous times from people I know that such suggestion are way to extreme and radical but no one told reasoning for such opinion. Anyway, I will explain what do I really mean when I say that the game needs purging. Let's get started from basic odds. There are maybe 15% of really good players, willing to socialize, respect updates made and they are more or less honest. another 85% are the vermin. What do they do to have vermin status? They cheat, try to act like a normal player, they are spending days in trade city lobby to find a nub. More or less they don't want to put effort into something. They want everything to be given on a silver plate and at the end they moan about the game not getting an update. Sad thing is that 15% bracket is getting lower every day because vermin are all around the game. Funny fact is that they have important role in society, being asked on inputs and such. I do believe that they might change but one thing is not going to change and that is the damage done for being a vermin. This had to be said and I am not repenting.

-People say that most of the things in PWO lost meaning. Well that might be accurate at some point though the things are more usable then they were before, such as Pokemon. The way I see it, the game absolutely overused every resource that it might be useful in the future, trying to invent new ones that are only passing sensation for some. One of the resources overused are the Pokemon itself. Most of the Pokemon had their rarity decreased during the events. Legendary pokemon are something annoying on the way of finishing certain quest. Another thing would be Token store Pokemon. It reminds me on old cow giving no milk anymore, poor cow got drained completely. Don't be deceived here. I am only pointing fingers to the "time" not to anyone else. People did hell of a job in matter of fact. With the time everything will fade away, that is quiet natural.

-People are complaining that economy is collapsing. Well, when you compare the usability of the Pokemon and it's value indeed it sucks, nothing more to add on that one. So why I named this topic the game reset? Through thousands of hours spent in the game I noticed how things are falling apart due to time. I remember before, if you got shiny mankey whole youtube would knew. Now, people don't even brag about S HR. This is not the moaning about the economy, it's more about Pokemon itself losing the meaning through the ages, although it's very usable. Another thing is that people are in high demand of new updates. When updates happens they don't talk about it later or. Some think that it's not worthy to talk about update that is normal and should happen ages ago. And here is where I saw the problem. Only few people left to say "thanks for doing update", sad thing, less then that will not even appreciate it. Can't blame then, I blame the time like I said above. So no matter what happens will be noting then a passing sensation.

-There is one thing I saw in all this. The game itself is actually very updated and that is happening quite often. So often that people are moaning "not again, new update"??!. Anyway, we have the very stable server now. Among other things, there is a very stable server with very few crashes. Hell, I dont even remember if it crashed once last week. Now imagine, what would happen if game reset happens. You would have to forget and move on. If you are a real pokemon lover then you shouldn't mind. As you can see they are working on rarity system, transportation systems and so on. Wouldn't be such waste to keep updating this thing for literally nothing? So far we can see every player having personal shiny garden, money and such. People are getting things very easy. So easy that is actually while you watching them. Newbies are being fed with a silver spoon making them able to get exclusive TMs, Pokemon and such. The more time we wait the harder will be to make such decision. However, game reset can be avoided very easy. Things might restore in 6/7 years from now on. But then again, if we ever get any huge update such as natures and abilites, what will happen with Pokemon before? Quiet delicate thing. I even saw players being asked for an input about randomizing those and eventually nothing came out of it.

- We have fallen under hard times my friends. People are trying to find tiniest reason why to stay and play. People I know for ages are being bullied by the vermin. They hope that miracle will happen one day. There are actually quite few believers in the community. Having them on your side is a safe trip. Nothing is more better when you see someone enjoying the update you made. Indeed it's true that people amassed a lot of Pokemon with the time and that something like this will make them to go for good. That is the risk you should normally take.

- If you are thinking what difference it should make then try to think a bit more. You would be doing a new cycle. The game itself will start forming and expanding. Newbies will have less reason to leave while they are being submitted to a new system right away. So far we see newbies only dreaming but doing nothing. So they eventually turn bad and start cheating. With several tweaks such as revising shiny encounter, shiny Pokemon would become more exclusive. However there are also several things that requires revising. Illegal obtained goods that are circulating the game would be gone. The game security and other updates would be there, live that very moment when you start playing. While people were waiting them for ages to happen and most of the stuffs before that were never been taken care of. Super amazing work done by the staff would be more appreciated. Their purpose would finally shine properly.

-I see this as a perfect time to reset the database, leaving only basic account data intact. Most of older players already left and others are only sticking around doing nothing. Having such player base gives more space to breathe. With the time people will get used on. Give them a few months and there they go, or you rather want to wait 7 years to stabilize the game and that is not even for sure if it will happen. My personal suggestion is to reset the game when we are about to get natures and abilities. It might sound extreme but you will be treating everyone equally. I also noticed both players and staffs being worried what will happen with loyal players, but soon as you hesitate you can't expect much to happen. I personally like this game and the community and I would rather start fresh from the beginning for the sake of further development then watching the game being eaten by a cancer. We have almost the perfect system and very solid ground to start building the game on. If you truly love the game, you would be for this idea. Otherwise you are only looking alternatives how to prevent something what is inevitable. I will say once more, the game doesn't have to be purged. It's only my suggestion on how to restore the perfect balance the game once had.

DanyBlaze

Very nice idea Darcia,but there have some problem.
What is be with pokemons from TS?Pople spend real money to get (S) TS pokemon and with reset he lose that.
Some players spend years to get reputacion like thrust,good,friendly player and he now lose all this.
There must be something another but no restart game.
:eek:

Nightmare!

I strongly agree with this Idea. I mean, the game economy is the worst, since I started playing in 2011. Every single day it gets worst and worst. Most pokes are either hack or bot, and the players who actually take their time to farm, are wasting most of their time, because If the poke is not epic none one will take it. I remember back then that shiny Magickarp worth like 6 m and know less than 1m. Even with the tokens, people sell their tokens at 1.5 m when I remember getting tokens was like at 3m.

HasnoNameAnymore

Wounded_avenger said:
What is be with pokemons from TS?Pople spend real money to get (S) TS pokemon and with reset he lose that.
Some players spend years to get reputacion like thrust,good,friendly player and he now lose all this.

well you now just point out in short whats wrong with this game nowadays. What about the players that have TS and (S) TS pokes well i guess they will lose a bit.
But then again PWO is still in beta. Sow people may be greatfull this didnt happend yet.
Plus most players will lose only some of there assets after a reset not the people it knows. And a reset makes more fun to hunt toghter for something again.
A reset might be indeed needed to revive this game

Nikola

Youngster
Wounded_avenger said:
The players who are about to join never visited PWO token store iirc. Most of the people who spent money on token store spent them for their own interest and for fun. Pretty sure you would rather buy TS pokemon knowing that you can get something for it even if it sucks. That is where split happens. Wealthier people are able to gamble more often comparing them with people who arent so wealthy and they can only buy one or 2 pokes. Being disappointed they will just get bored eventually and leave silently or maybe try out the new bot to compensate the loss..who knows. I guess it would be able to keep names and friends. Trust part comes right after.
nightmarerealm said:
I strongly agree with this Idea. I mean, the game economy is the worst, since I started playing in 2011. Every single day it gets worst and worst. Most pokes are either hack or bot, and the players who actually take their time to farm, are wasting most of their time, because If the poke is not epic none one will take it. I remember back then that shiny Magickarp worth like 6 m and know less than 1m. Even with the tokens, people sell their tokens at 1.5 m when I remember getting tokens was like at 3m.
It's not just the economy my friend. With the time a lot of Pokemon have been amassed due to easy way of obtaining them. Eventually you have more to offer then people actually needs and here is where things are breaking down. Time is one to blame, nothing else.

Saric

Youngster
Having just skimmed, I don't agree with this idea at all. Resetting the entire game won't really accomplish anything aside from having most of the current playerbase leave. Sure it'd get rid of all the hacked pokes, money, etc, but why reset the entire thing instead of fixing what we currently have? Resetting is a bit of an absolute last resort than a fix all solution.

Buggot

I actually agree. Ever since I've been playing early 2012, I had a lot of fun with all the new features. But, as soon as I beat everything that was in the game, it plateau'd quickly. Nowadays, I keep seeing more and more of scams for new people and less fun. Whenever I log on, there are only so few people to interact with. I think that the PWO staff should take this idea seriously, as it could be a viable alternative to when you have an "overhauling" update, such as introducing held items, abilities, and natures. It would be a great way to start everyone off the right way.

The only way I would disagree is if the staff already has something like this planned, especially like the Hoenn idea, where people would choose one pokemon from their journey in Kanto/Johto to start off anew in Hoenn, where there would be natures/abilities there.

Zywa-Torpeda

I don't think it's a goo d idea. I belive that it would bring doom to PWO, as most of the players would be fourious about losing everything they've worked for, and they would simply leave the game.

HasnoNameAnymore

Zywa_Torpeda said:
I don't think it's a goo d idea. I belive that it would bring doom to PWO, as most of the players would be fourious about losing everything they've worked for, and they would simply leave the game.

thats the risk you take when playing a beta game

Buggot

W0LF said:
Zywa_Torpeda said:

thats the risk you take when playing a beta game

I agree, many would be mad, but it's important to think of the long run. This mess of old/new players need something to play excitingly again.

SapphirePhoenix

I was curious as to why people feel that a total reset is a viable and needed option so thank you for at least providing some reasons. However, I am still not personally convinced that a reset would actually fix all the problems you're bringing up. Here are my concerns about this:

Darcia said:
(Paragraph 1)
How is a total game reset going to fix these people you call "vermin"? Laziness and lack of effort is not a fault of the game; it is a personality trait the players themselves bring. Even if you reset the game I do not think it will remedy people being lazy or trying to scam. Calling 85% of players "vermin" sounds to be a bit of an overstatement as well- you categorize 'good' players as those willing to socialize, follow rules etc and you categorize the bad players only based on the ones who do socialize, and then what about good players who don't complain, respect updates but don't chat at all? Those I feel make up a large percentage of the playerbase who are often forgotten about because they don't speak up.

Darcia said:
(Paragraph 2)
Something I'm curious about is resetting because of time. Even after a reset everything would simply build up again and then what will happen? Do you call for another game reset? I don't think people like losing their hard work on a game and if the constant threat of a game wipe looms over people's heads (no matter how far into the future it will be) it will greatly discourage many from sticking around to play, since the longer they play the more stuff they gather, all of which will be lost if/when another reset happens.

If a game reset is ever considered I feel that it would have to be a single reset with something worth resetting for- with all the problems that were brought up addressed and fixed before doing so. And I'm not talking about a 'bandaid' fix either, the problems would have to be remedied in such a way so that we don't have a repeat of what happened prior to the reset, otherwise it's pointless do to a reset.

Darcia said:
(Paragraph 3)
Every game I've played had this sort of phase. In the beginning everything is shiny and new and so yeah, people will discuss the smallest things, but PWO is far past that stage and there's nothing wrong with that. There are people who do find these shiny Magikgarp and Mankey and are ecstatic about it but what happens when they post it to the chat? They get told it isn't that valuable etc. The players of old condition the players of the new to see things in game as the current value it is now. Even if there is a reset I feel that the old stigmas toward certain Pokemon will remain for a long time if the rarity system is still in the same format as a pre-reset. It wouldn't bring much excitement either, since people would be basically recapturing everything they lost.

I think people genuinely appreciate the updates, but they probably don't post "thanks for the update" because at the bottom of most of staff update posts they instruct players to reply to it with bugs and errors, so that's the impression people are left with when they finish reading it and that's what they will do. They also ask for detailed feedback (that would probably be longer than 5 words) so that also probably puts off players from simply typing "thank you" :p

Darcia said:
(Paragraph 4)
(I think people are moaning about having to log out for server refreshes more than the updates themselves). Anyways, at what point do you consider a new player to no longer be a new player? I'm wondering because you feel that TMs, exclusive Pokemon etc that were featured in events should only be a privilege that is reserved for older players and you use the term new players a lot in your reasons. I already obtained all the badges, surfboard, bike, CC quest, Mt Silver quest etc and have about ~130 hours of game play. By in-game standards I'm at the post-gym leader gameplay stage but by account standards I've been here for only 3 months and I still consider myself to be new. I may be one of those people you say are being given a 'silver spoon' to through the events, and so I am not understanding why you feel that people like myself shouldn't have a chance at obtaining the same TMs and exclusive pokemon as someone who has been around for a year or longer and why that is such a problem. We are all presented with the same event challenge and whether or not we have the time or in game money to complete it is entirely dependent upon our own actions. I appreciated how the staff here made events that nearly everyone could take part in, and in these events I see many new and old players both equally enjoying themselves because they were trying to obtain something that was of value to them. It is not a "waste" to present updates and events in such a manner. How does resetting the game change that?

Darcia said:
(Paragraph 5)
This sounds more like a personal "I'm an old player" rant than an actual reason for needing a reset :s People come and go, and if they are really bored with their account and want a game reset, can't they just go create a second account and play on that? It would essentially be the same thing except under a different username.

Newbies will have less reason to leave while they are being submitted to a new system right away. So far we see newbies only dreaming but doing nothing. So they eventually turn bad and start cheating. With several tweaks such as revising shiny encounter said:
(Paragraph 6)
Can you explain this to me a bit more? Because I'm having a hard time understanding your reasoning here. If I understood correctly, you would like a reset so that new players would be forced to start over and they will get used to the reset game, otherwise if there isn't a reset they would get bored and start cheating?

Darcia said:
(Paragraph 7)
At least natures, abilities (and EVs) are a plausible reset reason, but I don't know why they would need a game reset for that unless they can't assign natures and abilites to existing Pokemon if it is ever released. But if you think about it, if they can't set natures and stuff to existing Pokemon people would go and catch new ones anyways. And if they could be applied to all Pokemon, people may not get the nature or ability they wanted on their prize fighter, making them want to go search for and obtain a better individual. A reset isn't needed for that because although the Pokemon in game would still exist, the update would generate a desire to catch more/different individuals to suit their needs.

Players would indeed leave if a reset occurred and it would be normal to have a mass exodus if any MMO reset themselves, but what I feel that would make a difference is that there has to be a really really good reason for needing a reset, and one that both new and old players can understand. Basically, something worth resetting for that would outweigh all the negative backlash that resetting will stir up. So far there are good reasons but at the present time in this thread they don't seem good enough to want immediate action to be taken. I'm not trying to bash the idea or anything, I'm just curious about people's mindsets when they want a reset and so I like to poke at it and discuss all possible factors around it when people bring it up.

pieoffury

PROS:
1. I started playing back in 2008, and came back mid-2013. Obviously, my old account was deleted. I had to start a new one, and in less than half a year, I've reached a point where I'm in a good position, not in the elite, but hopefully getting there soon. Had no problem working my way back up when I had to start from scratch
2. Gets rid of all the hacked/botted pokemon and money.
3. Brings back the economy into something reasonable and logical.
4. Bring back the thrill of the hunt and the value of unique pokemon.

CONS:
1. We would lose a large fraction of the community.
2. People who overpaid for the game would be furious.
3. After some time, the game will still be back to where it was prior to the reset.
4. The vouchers and the prize corner would go to waste since the staff would have to devise a way to give away vouchers yet again.
5. The updates wouldn't be that much appreciated if everyone started from scratch.
6. Why not simply start with an alternate new account?
7. A good reason to reset the game is for when natures, abilities, EVs, and hold items are implemented.

I understand that a lot of people are bored, even I'm getting bored, with nothing else to do on PWO, but resetting the game isn't the best path to take for a game like this.

OneMillionRattatas

tl;dr so I may have missed the answer to this question since it's a pretty obvious one.

What makes you think all these so-called vermin won't just bot and get ahead of not only newbs but vets as well after the reset? So instead of at least some good players having the upper hand on the bots due to having put the hours in legitimately, with the reset NOBODY will be able to keep up with the bots. Since, well we're only human. I can't eat, sleep and crap pokemon but bots can, and the genuine players will still be conned by the scammer vermin also. I'm really not seeing how resetting accounts is dealing with 'vermin' in any way whatsoever.

Also 85% is a ridiculous figure. We're so lucky you aren't a GM with a such a wild bias against most of the PWO playerbase!

Algiers

OneMillionRattatas said:
Also 85% is a ridiculous figure. We're so lucky you aren't a GM with a such a wild bias against most of the PWO playerbase!

True that. I'd like to see sources for that piece of statistic.

Also, no. While I don't know exact statistics, experience shows that many people don't appreciate having all their work wiped out. There is also no point in resetting while it's still a beta. We can start thinking about resets when the game is "finished", i.e. out of its beta status.

Darcia said:
If you truly love the game, you would be for this idea. Otherwise you are only looking alternatives how to prevent something what is inevitable.

Oh, and that is very demagogic, for your information. You don't get to say why others are for or against your idea.

nemo55

I see what Darcia is saying and it does make sense...I mean he is one of the guys that has the most to lose lmao. Did you guys even see his pokemon ??? ::) 8)

Although putting in so much work would hurt real bad as a player. Soo whenever the case of restart happens, I suggest every trainer is allowed to keep 10-25 Pokemon with them and all other pokes wiped out? For example on this new player account I would be given these pokemon I had via Mystery Gift?

Therefore, I am for this game reset in order to filter out all the trash that has happened in the past years...as long as it abides my rules above :p

Nikola

Youngster
- It appears that some of you are missing my point. This is not about giving the benefit to older players or hating newcomers. Why I would suggest something like this if I am giving benefit to them? My idea is more about newbies coming in here given proper and a lot better environment to blend in. You are mentioning shiny pokes, I wonder if you are aware that even the shiny Pokemon are broken when you look at stats. Shiny Pokemon are to be 1/31 IVs, not 28+. Do you really believe that shiny system such as this one will last forever? Right, on the point...Older players rarely trade with newbies which is making closed circle of a few people trading among themselves. Newbies are getting S rares either by hunting or trading among themselves. Only thing they will get from older player is something they are not finding very usable or efficient. Personally, I enjoy more trading with people I know and who are more experienced, rather then with someone who is yet to become because there is also a question "if", theres always "IF" in that scenario. So more or less even the game economy and market are divided and the best trades are being done behind the scenes.

- This won't keep the older players afloat if it happens, but the newer players won't be as disadvantageous in jumping into the market. You also keep mixing the emotions. You are bringing up already obtained Pokemon as one of the reasons why not to reset the database. That is way to selfish for me. It's totally understandable that someone might be blinded with that but you must know that those pokemon will not be here forever. This way or another, they will be gone. You keep forgetting that you are walking through the game with obtained pokemon through many periods. Environment changed at least 20 times till now, but we still have those pokemon and its even changing as we speak. To make it simple, a lot of time have been spent to adaptation trying to find some sort of a balance. Now you have somehow decent system but you still have goods obtained through adaptation process and heres where you can see the conflict. People usually sees the economy as the main reason but there is a lot more then just the economy.

PewDiePie_Felix said:
1. We would lose a large fraction of the community.
We already lost many people. Community would start shaping anew, players will always come no doubt.
PewDiePie_Felix said:
2. People who overpaid for the game would be furious.
Thanks to the donations we are able to reach this point of discussion and talk about what can happen. I personally don't feel sorry for the money I donated. I never donated the money just to brag about that. I donated because I wanted to support the server and have something like temporary satisfaction in the form of money or Pokemon. "Look those kids, they are really putting effort, why not reward them with a donation?". Only thing I feel sorry for is that those ones who really earned it got no penny.
PewDiePie_Felix said:
3. After some time, the game will still be back to where it was prior to the reset.
Perhaps, but not during our time.
PewDiePie_Felix said:
4. The vouchers and the prize corner would go to waste since the staff would have to devise a way to give away vouchers yet again.
Negative. Even if they revise it will not do much. People already have almost everything you can buy via the vouchers. Why would you buy Pokemon with vouchers if you can buy it for 500k and thing like these. Improved voucher system is probably needed but as I said above, people will most likely see that as passing sensation. Even if the vouchers will offer something you had a dream about people will start looking for the alternative, like they did with token pokemon. Voucher system would work a lot better in clean game. See, you wouldnt have easy way of gaining fossil Pokemon like you did through years. For example Togekiss will be viable right away while in past it was not.

PewDiePie_Felix said:
5. The updates wouldn't be that much appreciated if everyone started from scratch.
You can't expect that every player starts from the scratch. I was well aware that people will never come here while I was writting this post. This is why you have to believe in the people who are about to join.. My predictions were positive year and a half ago. People started to leave exposed to constant system torture caused by the time and proper game progress. They just can't follow and thats it. Departure had to to happen. People had hopes and eventually they burned out. Keep in mind that no one told to them that they will be gone slowly. Now at least you have wider spectre and you are able to see what is about to happen.
PewDiePie_Felix said:
6. Why not simply start with an alternate new account?
You are only fooling yourself my friend. While in reality environment never changed yet you are making a new account. With what purpose? What makes you think that things will change if you are playing on different account? Are you saying to me that there is something else then just a boredom that made you to create a new account?

- Don't be deceived. Scams will always happen if people are around. No system can prevent them from happening. I am not talking about disinfection and how to get rid of the vermin. Some people will always decide for one aspect of the game such as trading even if you show them that there are many different things out there. I got 15/85 numbers by monitoring the activity both ingame and on forums. Most of the people only visits forums when they need something or they want to sell a pokemon. I am pretty sure that the system itself will develop with the time. There are less exploits then before, the game grew into something beautiful, a lot of the things are getting revised and there is also a very stable server. All those things had very bad impact on players before but now they are not that constant. This is not the post about me demanding the reset. The reset doesn't have to happen at all and I even said that in my opening post. This type of ideas are still what triggers in-depth discussions, clashes viewpoints, and brings interesting ideas to mind with continuous inputs. There has to be way more discussions. It's healthy for the community. I wrote this post long before the Christmas. And I like to deal with things like these rather then letting them to worry me.

nemo55 said:
I see what Darcia is saying and it does make sense...I mean he is one of the guys that has the most to lose lmao. Did you guys even see his pokemon ??? ::) 8)

Although putting in so much work would hurt real bad as a player. Soo whenever the case of restart happens, I suggest every trainer is allowed to keep 10-25 Pokemon with them and all other pokes wiped out? For example on this new player account I would be given these pokemon I had via Mystery Gift?

Therefore, I am for this game reset in order to filter out all the trash that has happened in the past years...as long as it abides my rules above :p

I used to have long night discussions with my American friend about something similar to this. What nemo said about allowing people to keep several Pokemon would be optimal, together with basic account data of course (2/3 Pokemon). Claiming those Pokemon through different period of a time would be even more better. You reach the location X and you will have destiny encounter with your Pokemon.

xellos15

to be honest i think my vote don't have a weight on this, since I' am just a regular player here (started circa 2008-9)

especially after being called a vermin. (as i live in saffron PC doing trades only, never liked hunting)

but i support this idea. I miss the time when finding S caterpie was worth something to be proud of. Having a char with 15+ stats was epic enough and things actually had value in the market.

Unlike now. The whole fun thing about PWO before is gone now. Before, we appreciated normal things. Now its only about whats epic and whats not OR what shiny above VR poke? OR how many tokens he can spend (or how much real life cash he can give, i have been offered a lot of times by real cash btw)

anyways things do change but i think what happened to PWO got out of hand, Personally im 49% hurt if there is a reset (i have pokes which are real worthy to be sad about). But im willing to bet on my 51% to throw everything, my years of hard work for a better and more fun PWO.

but then again its only my opinion of course admins still decide about it.

The-Predator

Youngster
I agree with game having a purge, I bet we all have at least 1 of the botted pokemon that are being distributed in the game, the most worrying case i can remember is when some guy caught a S dratini while botting ( but remember staff didnt do anything, till he sold it, many complains), that S horrible is still ingame while we all know was botted the current owner has it and maybe knows or didnt know that was botted (well just a point). I have seen many guys in my PWO carreer bragging about being the best hunters, dealers, have seen em finding S VRs, guys becoming richer out of nowhere without donating, but i have seen em falling on banned accounts. I want to speak for me now, I have donated, been playing for almost 4 years now, even though im not the best dealer, have gifted many pokemon,$ and some of my best hunts, I do think i have some value in my account, even with all of that i would like to get a purge but only and only if, we get new updates such as natures, abilities, held items, new region, a whole new battle system, and new client, without those , I cannot see a real point about purging the game other than get rid of the botted pokemon, which are going to be botted once again without a new client.

nemo55 said:

Do not agree with this, it would make to keep botted pokemon ingame, and would lose the point of a purge, also have u imagined staff asking player per player, what pokemon are the ones u gonna keep?? :S

Mega.S

Some of us hunting pokemons to do our colection, playing 3000h, 4000h... And after so much work, lose all...
Well some some will left the game, others will suicide...

Very Bad idea... :S

Gol.D.Roger.

First of All, people who think that if such RESET actually happens we will loose the player base, its as stupid as saying " i will loose my fans coz i wont be the same, i will be even better than before." Just think like this, players are asking for next gen pokes, new regions, better trading system, improved rarity rates of pokemons and shinies, pvp battles and MOST IMPORTANT A complete overhaul in Pokemons itself in terms of Evs, natures, abilities and even more..... If all things are achievable with Game Reset as darcia mentioned, then only fools gonna leave the game on account of their account reset. Start thinking on long term than thinking of just short term things..If old players are ready to sacrifice their evergreen accounts for something better then we must appreciate that and should start thinking of better future of this wonderful game.

Coming back to updates, with every update game is really becoming better there is no doubt about that. I love this game and being a loyal fan of this game i support new ideas, thoughts and suggestions about the game. But question is where are those updates which will take our game to next level ? I have heard several times that new things needs new client many other changes and all....if those are really needed then implementing those will be the first priority..the point here is whether RESET is needed for it or not.. Just what Darci said, if we follow the current way it will take 7-8 years to implement everything that required to be. it's too long to maintain and follow the objective we want.. So, if Game Reset will allow to make those improvements in lesser amount of time, then i don't mind even player account reset for that.

Remember friends, we are aiming for best, we love this game and want this game to be best game ever, so to achieve that such sacrifice though little painful but if required must be made for its betterment. Just imagine how woderfull our game will be once all updates are made and implemented, how beautiful and amazing our pwo world will be, just imagine and think about it :)