Event Sun, Sea and Hunting!

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
Heavy Duty boots as an item to show some love to a certain Fire/Flying type that is haunted by pesky little stones XD

Pansy

Resident Harlequin
Game Moderator
Just wanna say I'm loving the positivity in this thread! New items, moves, events, wiki being edited, pwo streaming, dedicated staff - really happy the community's alive.

It is really amazing. The community right now is crazy and reminds me of when I first started! It's great to see players coming together how they have been :)

I hope life is treating you well Future! Always good to see a post from you!

Lobonatico

f09fa5a5_2x.png
thanks, the event is great!
The quests are fun, good to add Celebi as seen to our playerdex entries.
T5 pokemons are a 'dream come true' situation. both OU.
The island itself coming with: Gible catchable and Dragon Gem / Dragon Tail TM reminds more like Berk Village!
(from How to Train Your Dragon)
how-to-train-berk.83i88o.image.xry.jpg

Suggestions:
1. Element Punchers (move tutor)
2. Hidden Power TM
3. U-Turn / Substitute TM

As pointed before, the need of Trick/Knock Off to deal with a bulky Assault Vest's user is important!

Dragon Gem item is a BIG addition mostly because before fairy-type introduced, Dragons and Steel-types reign meta.

That been said and with the introduction of
heatrock.png
Heat Rock we have a double-need for Ice moves TM / Move Tutor to help us deal with the rise of the sun-teams, plus Tyranitar been attracted even more for the meta as a weather-changer, dragons becoming even more dangerous, etc.

▛ ▜▛ ▜▛ ▜▛ IMPORTANT ▜▛ ▜▛ ▜▛ ▜
i don't think the move Draco Meteor will bring any good atm.
It's a great move but can put situations of special attacker OHK often
> read Mixed build for garchomp or critical kingdra for example.

"In case you don't know, after a Focus Energy and a crit-enhancing held item (aka Razor Claw), Kingdra has a 100% crit chance, and crits bypass the user's stat drops, so Kingra can just start spamming Draco Meteor with no regard for the SpA drop, especially if it managed to get an Agility in as well."
▟▙▟▙▟▙▟▙▟▙▟▙▟▙▟▙▟▙▟▙▟▙▟▙▟▙▟▙

whisMEAT

Youngster
f09fa5a5_2x.png
thanks, the event is great!
The quests are fun, good to add Celebi as seen to our playerdex entries.
T5 pokemons are a 'dream come true' situation. both OU.
The island itself coming with: Gible catchable and Dragon Gem / Dragon Tail TM reminds more like Berk Village!
(from How to Train Your Dragon)
how-to-train-berk.83i88o.image.xry.jpg

Suggestions:
1. Element Punchers (move tutor)
2. Hidden Power TM
3. U-Turn / Substitute TM

As pointed before, the need of Trick/Knock Off to deal with a bulky Assault Vest's user is important!

Dragon Gem item is a BIG addition mostly because before fairy-type introduced, Dragons and Steel-types reign meta.

That been said and with the introduction of
heatrock.png
Heat Rock we have a double-need for Ice moves TM / Move Tutor to help us deal with the rise of the sun-teams, plus Tyranitar been attracted even more for the meta as a weather-changer, dragons becoming even more dangerous, etc.

▛ ▜▛ ▜▛ ▜▛ IMPORTANT ▜▛ ▜▛ ▜▛ ▜
i don't think the move Draco Meteor will bring any good atm.
It's a great move but can put situations of special attacker OHK often
> read Mixed build for garchomp or critical kingdra for example.

"In case you don't know, after a Focus Energy and a crit-enhancing held item (aka Razor Claw), Kingdra has a 100% crit chance, and crits bypass the user's stat drops, so Kingra can just start spamming Draco Meteor with no regard for the SpA drop, especially if it managed to get an Agility in as well."
▟▙▟▙▟▙▟▙▟▙▟▙▟▙▟▙▟▙▟▙▟▙▟▙▟▙▟▙
just for the critical hit, pwo follows gen 5 so it hits with more power but never %100. can also confirm it is never%100, tried it a bit. also, im not sure if crit works properly in case of stat decrease.

Lobonatico

just for the critical hit, pwo follows gen 5 so it hits with more power but never %100. can also confirm it is never%100, tried it a bit. also, im not sure if crit works properly in case of stat decrease.
if not, they should fix it because its how it be.
1657441197014.png

About the chances of 2x 50% you're right. i forgot affection (not happiness) was introduced in Gen VI.
1657441492009.png

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
@lobonatico You know we are friends but I got to say, I believe you're pretty new here and you didn't even try to PvP once. But standing in a way of an update that older veterans approve isn't a health move from your part and you will realize it later. Let the game advance so that you'd find a progress in the making. I've personally played on a lot of official and non-official platforms and "draco meteor" being the big deal is actually funny for me to see.

You rejected the Assault vest earlier but hold on and see how fixed the Metagame will be after the event if you PvP then you'd realize what I was saying back then.

P.S: This comes from one of the oldest PvPers around that have seen stuff you don't know about like days of spatk Flareblitz or a Hyperbeam Gyarados or a Dragonite with watergun on its movesets around 2009 so..

whisMEAT

Youngster
if not, they should fix it because its how it be.
View attachment 7206

About the chances of 2x 50% you're right. i forgot affection (not happiness) was introduced in Gen VI.
View attachment 7207
well, i couldnt really observed well enough to say that it doesnt work on stat changes but need stuff to test it. dont know if i reported. collected items and pokemons to exploit critical hit cant say i observed well enough to report

Lobonatico

@lobonatico You know we are friends but I got to say, I believe you're pretty new here and you didn't even try to PvP once. But standing in a way of an update that older veterans approve isn't a health move from your part and you will realize it later. Let the game advance so that you'd find a progress in the making. I've personally played on a lot of official and non-official platforms and "draco meteor" being the big deal is actually funny for me to see.

You rejected the Assault vest earlier but hold on and see how fixed the Metagame will be after the event if you PvP then you'd realize what I was saying back then.

P.S: This comes from one of the oldest PvPers around that have seen stuff you don't know about like days of spatk Flareblitz or a Hyperbeam Gyarados or a Dragonite with watergun on its movesets around 2009 so..
No problem, i have no problem with the argument that i dont know what is best for the game, i'm not stating that. Only expressed my opinion, i have concerns about the move, even after the npc gone for example.

I was thinking about a healthy discussion to solve this matter about the draco meteor thing, but since i cant give my unpopular opnion i'll step away.

LunaticJames

Content maker

Lobonatico

It is now fixed (Ty Jinji), this will be available next server restart.

Explanation is:
592.png
speaking of, there is no HM/TM listed on Frillish / Jellicent playerdex too.
1657618951556.png
should be able to learn TM 61 Will-o-Wisp among other things (source).
__
@edit:
__

154.png
Meganium too, should be able to learn TM82 Dragon Tail on Gen 5. (source) (source²)1657624511913.png

Last edited: