Not open for further replies.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Hmm, that sounds pretty odd, Surgate.

Thanks to everyone for sharing their views on different engines; though it would have been preferable to take that discussion away from the main announcement thread so as not to lose the primary focus. As always, you have only proven that every option for developing a client has both its advantages and its caveats - and this is exactly why we're open to all options, until their feasibility has been fully determined.

Angel13346

Am I the only one to believe that computers might have a mind of their own and just "choose" what programs they want to work with? XD

P.S:This is a joke and I am not serious. Just thought of it because my computer seems to dislike Java completely as it is always crashing. I've reinstalled Java,updated,Followed troubleshooting and everything and my computer still dislikes it ._. I guess its just gonna have to agree to disagree Lol

GawertyXL

When and if this happens will there be several different OS supports, such as linux mac or windows?

Merse

Youngster
I think they should focus first on having something which works. Then we can start brainstorming about how to expand it.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Gawerty said:
When and if this happens will there be several different OS supports, such as linux mac or windows?
This is what we have as an eventual target for a future client; but as Merse said:
Merse said:
I think they should focus first on having something which works. Then we can start brainstorming about how to expand it.

CoolKnightST

Merse said:
I agrea on this one. I think an lot of suggestions can be given by players that don't give an large work to add it to the client if it will be redone anyway. Now I'm talking about suggestion here's something:

Personalisation of your npc: I refer to the work of Carel. He recently made an better version of the pwo character (Brendan & May). He made it in different colors. It would be nice to have this color option in pwo.

An second option for members only would be an option to choose other designs (I refer to other pokémon characters like for boys (Red, Blue, Silver, Ethan/Gold, Lucas/Diamond, Hilbert, Nate) & girls (yellow, leaf, Lyra, Kris/Crystal, Dawn/Pearl, Hilda, Rosa). Offcourse people can simply load the other design on it but that will simply change the other's to. It's simply to give the member the ability to look different from regular players. Maybe it would be nice that the member design remains even afther the membership ends. An marking the user was member before. If you change his design however he can't choose back the member design.

---
An second modication would be for the npc's like an unqiue design for every gym leader and gym leader npc's. 4 or more differents designs "2 male/2 female" for every npc sort (for example fishermen, police). I would even do it x2 to create an differents between Johto & Kanto for specific groups. It would be nice to have an skin option that allows you to change every npc in the game into an different design. Just an small face expression can give the game an more realistic feeling. Maybe something to look into: Basicly for example all fishermens load the sprite: spr_fishermen01; But now if you add an spr_fishermen02 to the game folder an fishermen will load the spr_fishermen02 design. Every fishermen has an number:
  • *Fishermen 1: spr_fishermen01; (not in the folder > spr_fishermen00)
    *Fishermen 2: spr_fishermen02; (not in the folder > spr_fishermen00)
    *Fishermen 3: spr_fishermen03; (not in the folder > spr_fishermen00)

Offcourse the fisher female should be on an different source:
  • *Fisherfemale 1: spr_fisherfemale01; (not in the folder > spr_fisherfemale00)
    *Fisherfemale 2: spr_fisherfemale02; (not in the folder > spr_fisherfemale00)
    *Fisherfemale 3: spr_fisherfemale03; (not in the folder > spr_fisherfemale00)

voltahit

Is the Old Java Client Source still available to your staff?

Stank

Youngster
CoolKnightST said:
Merse said:
I agrea on this one. I think an lot of suggestions can be given by players that don't give an large work to add it to the client if it will be redone anyway. Now I'm talking about suggestion here's something:

Personalisation of your npc: I refer to the work of Carel. He recently made an better version of the pwo character (Brendan & May). He made it in different colors. It would be nice to have this color option in pwo.

An second option for members only would be an option to choose other designs (I refer to other pokémon characters like for boys (Red, Blue, Silver, Ethan/Gold, Lucas/Diamond, Hilbert, Nate) & girls (yellow, leaf, Lyra, Kris/Crystal, Dawn/Pearl, Hilda, Rosa). Offcourse people can simply load the other design on it but that will simply change the other's to. It's simply to give the member the ability to look different from regular players. Maybe it would be nice that the member design remains even afther the membership ends. An marking the user was member before. If you change his design however he can't choose back the member design.

---
An second modication would be for the npc's like an unqiue design for every gym leader and gym leader npc's. 4 or more differents designs "2 male/2 female" for every npc sort (for example fishermen, police). I would even do it x2 to create an differents between Johto & Kanto for specific groups. It would be nice to have an skin option that allows you to change every npc in the game into an different design. Just an small face expression can give the game an more realistic feeling. Maybe something to look into: Basicly for example all fishermens load the sprite: spr_fishermen01; But now if you add an spr_fishermen02 to the game folder an fishermen will load the spr_fishermen02 design. Every fishermen has an number:
  • *Fishermen 1: spr_fishermen01; (not in the folder > spr_fishermen00)
    *Fishermen 2: spr_fishermen02; (not in the folder > spr_fishermen00)
    *Fishermen 3: spr_fishermen03; (not in the folder > spr_fishermen00)

Offcourse the fisher female should be on an different source:
  • *Fisherfemale 1: spr_fisherfemale01; (not in the folder > spr_fisherfemale00)
    *Fisherfemale 2: spr_fisherfemale02; (not in the folder > spr_fisherfemale00)
    *Fisherfemale 3: spr_fisherfemale03; (not in the folder > spr_fisherfemale00)
PWO character customization has always been something we intend to impliment.

voltahit said:
Is the Old Java Client Source still available to your staff?

not that I'm aware of

Betrayed227

Well, I will put this out if needed I am willing to help, whether this be debugging or an attempt to code. However I will not do a full submission, because of the fact that I do not feel fully able to fulfill all the requirements that are being requested by the creator of this thread. If you wish to take me up on this offer, then feel free to send me a message or e-mail regarding it.

Thanks.

rbecca

They should invent a computer you can talk to. And by doing so, it would make the best of games.
Just tell some computer to make this;
The player is a penguin on a skateboard. There's flying huskies in the air. Thick cats are clouds. There's unicorns coming after you and they look very evull. Your goal is to go through obstacles, which are rainbows, raspberries, demented parrots, fierce owls and skittles. And the game never ends.
(Yeah, that's a different kind of example, but you get my point.)
I'd be so good at programming that. ;D
Programming language; Talk!

Angel13346

rbecca said:
They should invent a computer you can talk to. And by doing so, it would make the best of games.
The player is a penguin on a skateboard. There's flying huskies in the air. Thick cats are clouds. There's unicorns coming after you and they look very evull. Your goal is to go through obstacles, which are rainbows, raspberries, demented parrots, fierce owls and skittles. And the game never ends.

I started laughing soon as I saw "penguin on a skateboard" then you took it farther than that and now I cant stop laughing. That would be a very unique and random game to play,Id play it lol

Merse

Youngster
I just hope that they will announce the new member.
REgualr updates on a new engine, no matter how insignificant they are, should easily keep the community excited.

rbecca

Angel13346 said:
rbecca said:

I started laughing soon as I saw "penguin on a skateboard" then you took it farther than that and now I cant stop laughing. That would be a very unique and random game to play,Id play it lol

Hahaa, i'm glad it was laughable!
And ikr, i don't think there's a game like that anywhere, i would play it too ;D

MatrixJ21

Would be excellent if we could have a new client supporting multiple OSes.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Bluerise said:
If you wish to apply for the role of Developer, please provide the following:

Information regarding relevant experience
A basic world emulation for which source code should be provided
Must be able to walk with multiple layers
Video recording showcasing the emulation you've programmed

To send your application, PM Bluerise via the Forums with the subject 'DEV'.

Xuhome

What about c#?
C# 5 now can do async tasks.

(registered just for ask this lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.