SHINY IVs RESET [PLEASE VOTE]

SHINY IVS

• I want shiny IVs to be 28 to 32 again.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I want shiny IVs to be 20 to 31 like now.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I want every shiny pokemon reseted to 1 to 31.

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com
So this is seen as a suggestion while suggesting the removal of ts pokemon was seen as a complaint. At this point any negative backlash the complaint box gets is something that was brought upon yourselves.
Sorry for digressing from the topic at hand.

Amelia

Jinji said:
Unfortunately I've already moved the topic; so I would not be able to do so without undoing and repeating the move.
So, can you repeat the move and create shadow topic in General PWO talk. Thanks?

Alexei

I do agree that 20 as min IV is rather torture. But what can you do? Create poll topic thinking that someone actually cares what players are thinking? C'mon.

The-Predator

Youngster
Jinji said:
I'm actually going to move this to Suggestions as it seems to me to better fit the description - it's suggesting and asking for feedback on a course of action.

According to KarasuroKun, this topic is a complaint more than a suggestion one http://prntscr.com/611kup .

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Kara is welcome to move it himself; or place a post here to explain his meaning if he feels differently about the placement of this topic and the reasoning behind it. I also welcome any other comments on the matter.

Back to the topic at hand: If I were to be blunt, the whole concept of Shiny Pokémon having any advantage over regular Pokémon was an invention of Kyro's, way back in the early days of PWO when the leadership and most of the development of the game was solely his. It was purely a gimmick to encourage donations in the project's early life - and in my opinion was a very poorly considered one; being directly responsible for many imbalances in battle (though it must be admitted that some of the bonuses DO make lesser Pokémon more competitive given the incomplete nature of PWO's Battle System), and for introducing a level of inflation into the value of Pokémon that has resulted in Pokémon today commanding large values in the eyes of the current community; resulting in players with those Pokémon ending up with levels of income that the game was never designed to accommodate (though this is a discussion for another day). These are however the pitfalls of a game that began without a defined Staff structure taking on feedback at all levels; and is why we have long established such a structure ever since the game first supported actual Staff levels.

Now this is just me sharing my own opinion, but I personally take the view that Shiny Pokémon should be placed equal to regular Pokémon and be purely about the uniqueness of the look, as was Nintendo's whole vision behind Shiny Pokémon in the first place. However, given how the game has evolved with Shiny Pokémon the way they currently are, I'm also aware such a drastic change would be both cruel to our Playerbase and has a strong likelihood of severely reducing the value of Shiny Pokémon in the eyes of all but the most avid collectors. Neither am I alone in this realisation; and this is why compromises have been made at several points in PWO's life, each of which have been very carefully considered in relation to their impact to the game as well as to the community that has grown around it. At least twice in this time, there have been public polls created by us Staff regarding IV changes, which have helped to influence these decisions. And speaking for myself, I'm always interested to learn just how the public feel about the expected value of a Shiny Pokémon; so I welcome any and all polls of this nature, now and in the future.

Amelia

Jinji said:
Kara is welcome to move it himself; or place a post here to explain his meaning if he feels differently about the placement of this topic and the reasoning behind it. I also welcome any other comments on the matter.

Back to the topic at hand: If I were to be blunt, the whole concept of Shiny Pokémon having any advantage over regular Pokémon was an invention of Kyro's, way back in the early days of PWO when the leadership and most of the development of the game was solely his. It was purely a gimmick to encourage donations in the project's early life - and in my opinion was a very poorly considered one; being directly responsible for many imbalances in battle (though it must be admitted that some of the bonuses DO make lesser Pokémon more competitive given the incomplete nature of PWO's Battle System), and for introducing a level of inflation into the value of Pokémon that has resulted in Pokémon today commanding large values in the eyes of the current community; resulting in players with those Pokémon ending up with levels of income that the game was never designed to accommodate (though this is a discussion for another day). These are however the pitfalls of a game that began without a defined Staff structure taking on feedback at all levels; and is why we have long established such a structure ever since the game first supported actual Staff levels.

Now this is just me sharing my own opinion, but I personally take the view that Shiny Pokémon should be placed equal to regular Pokémon and be purely about the uniqueness of the look, as was Nintendo's whole vision behind Shiny Pokémon in the first place. However, given how the game has evolved with Shiny Pokémon the way they currently are, I'm also aware such a drastic change would be both cruel to our Playerbase and has a strong likelihood of severely reducing the value of Shiny Pokémon in the eyes of all but the most avid collectors. Neither am I alone in this realisation; and this is why compromises have been made at several points in PWO's life, each of which have been very carefully considered in relation to their impact to the game as well as to the community that has grown around it. At least twice in this time, there have been public polls created by us Staff regarding IV changes, which have helped to influence these decisions. And speaking for myself, I'm always interested to learn just how the public feel about the expected value of a Shiny Pokémon; so I welcome any and all polls of this nature, now and in the future.
I am not quite sure that security level of KarasuroKun allows him to move topics in these forums, it says community guides. Any reason why you can't move it there and move it here again to get shadow topic?

Back on the topic; It would be most "healthy" to have them all as if they were normal, IV ratio wise. Problem with 20 IVs is quit obvious due to only affecting one side of the community and they are called "players who are yet to come". Those new players do not play by the rules of the game and it's flow. They play by the rules of older players who are controlling the market as if they were gods. Before this, everyone had a same chance to achieve something they want. I was today in the game and I've met several people. One of them told me that they have awesome shiny collection. After that they told me that they need 200k to buy something. I asked why they can't sell double shiny and get some cash. After that everything became clear. We are aware that it might take a lot more time to catch pokemon to be in the same league as older IV shiny pokemon. But there is one nasty factor when it comes to new IV pokemons and that is trading. Chance of selling something and making success are more or less 0 when you have 10 other people spamming their old IV trying to sell them. Don't have anything against those players, after all it's not their fault to fall under that system where game itself simply created 2 groups of people. Poor ones and Rich ones. Sadly, more people made profit from that 20 IV update than update itself is supposed to balance things out.

Ignoring the current community situation I am all up for 1 to 31 IV for shiny Pokemon. Above all this is supposed to be a case from the very beginning where everyone gets same chance. I've read several topics about nerfing shiny IVs. It looks like as if staff were scared of older people on that thread but I also noticed that main point was to have shinies 1 to 31. As I said above; do things right and till the end or do not do them at all. See what happens when you try to do things gradually on your way? There is no such thing as gadually nerfing the IVs while you leave others immune. This was pretty much case with Token Store pokemons where original idea was to remove all including UCs but you only removed HRs and you did half of the job done while other is left away. Do one job till the end and properly or don't touch it. This is pretty much the reason why I decided to go for 28-32 IVs. Seeing that you cannot wipe the game or reset the IVs for already obtained pokemones I deem 28 to 32 viable for this occasion.

Making shinys 1 to 31 without changing already obtained ones would throw this game to hell more than 20 Ivs did. 1 to 31 will work only if whole game is wiped and new direction set or if already caught pokemons are being reseted, every one of them reducing the chance for TS shinys to be better because originally they had low rate to begin with. At least in newer times.

Now my question is, who made such decision to make new pokemons have 20 IVs as minimum? If someone from staff who knows the answer can tell I would be very grateful. Thank you.

LightDragon

Amelia said:
Jinji said:

I am not quite sure that security level of KarasuroKun allows him to move topics in these forums, it says community guides. Any reason why you can't move it there and move it here again to get shadow topic?

Back on the topic; It would be most "healthy" to have them all as if they were normal, IV ratio wise. Problem with 20 IVs is quit obvious due to only affecting one side of the community and they are called "players who are yet to come". Those new players do not play by the rules of the game and it's flow. They play by the rules of older players who are controlling the market as if they were gods. Before this, everyone had a same chance to achieve something they want. I was today in the game and I've met several people. One of them told me that they have awesome shiny collection. After that they told me that they need 200k to buy something. I asked why they can't sell double shiny and get some cash. After that everything became clear. We are aware that it might take a lot more time to catch pokemon to be in the same league as older IV shiny pokemon. But there is one nasty factor when it comes to new IV pokemons and that is trading. Chance of selling something and making success are more or less 0 when you have 10 other people spamming their old IV trying to sell them. Don't have anything against those players, after all it's not their fault to fall under that system where game itself simply created 2 groups of people. Poor ones and Rich ones. Sadly, more people made profit from that 20 IV update than update itself is supposed to balance things out.

Ignoring the current community situation I am all up for 1 to 31 IV for shiny Pokemon. Above all this is supposed to be a case from the very beginning where everyone gets same chance. I've read several topics about nerfing shiny IVs. It looks like as if staff were scared of older people on that thread but I also noticed that main point was to have shinies 1 to 31. As I said above; do things right and till the end or do not do them at all. See what happens when you try to do things gradually on your way? There is no such thing as gadually nerfing the IVs while you leave others immune. This was pretty much case with Token Store pokemons where original idea was to remove all including UCs but you only removed HRs and you did half of the job done while other is left away. Do one job till the end and properly or don't touch it. This is pretty much the reason why I decided to go for 28-32 IVs. Seeing that you cannot wipe the game or reset the IVs for already obtained pokemones I deem 28 to 32 viable for this occasion.

Making shinys 1 to 31 without changing already obtained ones would throw this game to hell more than 20 Ivs did. 1 to 31 will work only if whole game is wiped and new direction set or if already caught pokemons are being reseted, every one of them reducing the chance for TS shinys to be better because originally they had low rate to begin with. At least in newer times.

Now my question is, who made such decision to make new pokemons have 20 IVs as minimum? If someone from staff who knows the answer can tell I would be very grateful. Thank you.

Well,I think that staff could put pokemons that drop a considered amount money,for that new players,no need sell pokemons or borrow for other players.

BlueExorcist

I want shiny IVs to be 28 to 32 again. no the bad shinys 20-32
you catch shiny go to pc and see iv's
515.gif
;D ;D ;D

Reylks

Agree with Amelia and Jinji, i think the first options is better for all players, but, i like the third option.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
You probably aren't aware Amelia but this poll has been done before. Another popular suggestion was a compromise between 20+ and 28+ and making them 24+. If it's not too late it would be good to see that option added to this poll.

Amelia

Can't change anything without resetting the poll anyway. I added the 20 one just to see how many of active players actually supports it. Though, it's safe to assume that most of the votes for current IVs are coming from older people and ones who voted just because (8 people). Restoring things like they were before or doing whole system properly are only options viable. No need to torture anyone anymore. :)

ArcticSun

Youngster
I understand the importance of this topic to you as the creator of it, but there is absolutely no need to spam the in game chat with constant posts about it on all channels.

I muted you for doing it with a reason attached, then kicked you from the server which applies a 5 minute tempban on your account for the exact same reason.

Amelia

ArcticSun said:
I understand the importance of this topic to you as the creator of it, but there is absolutely no need to spam the in game chat with constant posts about it on all channels.

I muted you for doing it with a reason attached, then kicked you from the server which applies a 5 minute tempban on your account for the exact same reason.
itsk not a biggy.

LexLuthor

When i read all this posts i just can ask:why only shinys in game?
Shinys can be 20-32ivs but staff can put something new like Dark Pokes or something with 28-32ivs.Just must change S.
My other opinion:why we cant have specialy pokes with 1-32ivs? That pokes can be something new again like worse Pokes with W.I think all that isnt hard.

Amelia

LexLuthor said:
When i read all this posts i just can ask:why only shinys in game?
Shinys can be 20-32ivs but staff can put something new like Dark Pokes or something with 28-32ivs.Just must change S.
Yeah, a lot of place for creativity. Now that client source is out it shouldn't be that hard to make "shadow" Pokemons or whatever you want to call them. However, This is strictly about the IV of shiny pokes.

LexLuthor said:
My other opinion:why we cant have specialy pokes with 1-32ivs? That pokes can be something new again like worse Pokes with W.I think all that isnt hard.
Can you expand? Not quite sure if I understand what are you trying to say. :D

DeenZinHo

I agree with Amelia, played at the time of the ancient IVs 28-32, the amount of players who had at the time was much more of today, and the new players are being hurt with IVs system 20-31, as they have to sell their Pokes by ridiculous values, while the old sell their by absurd values, this ends up generating a huge disadvantage, and this eventually leads many new players do not make a donation to the server in return for acquiring the membership to hunt Poke, it has no advantage being that no use trying to sell.

Many players, old and new stopped playing because of the new IVs 20-31, and what we really want is the server with more and more players and that these players make their donations, and strive to achieve your Poke or normal Poke in order to have chance to be the height of the old players.

Amelia

Yeah pretty much wrong to begin with. Do not really want to state what I have in mind cause most of the people are very hostile where one simply can't say what they have on their mind. They are being eaten alive and called outsiders. Regardless of the side, every opinion should be more than welcome. I am sure we as players and staff as staff can determinate the quality of feedback and valid post. Same goes for those called "bootlicking" threads. Pretty sure staff can determinate if those are indeed bootlicking threads when making a decision.

If I am to suggest game wipe I would be called selfish and jealous. If I am to suggest IV reset I would be called selfish and jealous. Even if that is the case you have people around to determinate if the suggestion based on the emotions one feels or if suggestion is based on trying to achieve something that makes you happy (not pursuit of happiness. Do not mix things up).

Why I am currently more for old IV system is due to feedback I've gathered lately. Seeing the situation it would hurt less than actual 1 to 31 update. I don't have much of the wealth yes that is correct. But that does not mean I am suggesting just because I have nothing and you have something. That would be suggestion based on something what is not right. I do feel however that people want a change. I am aware that my thread might not do much but it will sure address the issue on proper place. This is why feedback and discussion is more than welcome. You can't do much without discussion. It's actually good that this community has people to discus about issue presented.

Mortyh

I can't believe what I'm reading, serious. I agree that 28 - 32 ivs was always a little overpower for a shiny indeed. The new ivs 20 - 31 sounds so much plausible and I really liked this change when I saw. It's true that we have normal ivs on Pokemon's original games for 3DS (1 - 31), but it's because there, the encounter rate is so much lower than we actually have here. But according to your third option seems that you're becoming something like crazy. We actually have this game for seven - eight years at least and if you says that you want EVERY SHINY POKÉMON RESETED TO 1 - 31, what are you suggesting? To all community pick up the gametime and everything we built and put it in a trash can? It's a giant absurd, serious. We love our shinies. And I'm talking like an old player, yes. Selfish? Don't know. But seems a lot more selfish suggest something like that. This is being selfish with the entire community that dedicated time for hunting and playing. Please review your idea, because the way of third option was formulated is literally call everyone of idiot.

Amelia

Mortyh said:
I can't believe what I'm reading, serious. I agree that 28 - 32 ivs was always a little overpower for a shiny indeed. The new ivs 20 - 31 sounds so much plausible and I really liked this change when I saw. It's true that we have normal ivs on Pokemon's original games for 3DS (1 - 31), but it's because there, the encounter rate is so much lower than we actually have here. But according to your third option seems that you're becoming something like crazy. We actually have this game for seven - eight years at least and if you says that you want EVERY SHINY POKÉMON RESETED TO 1 - 31, what are you suggesting? To all community pick up the gametime and everything we built and put it in a trash can? It's a giant absurd, serious. We love our shinies. And I'm talking like an old player, yes. Selfish? Don't know. But seems a lot more selfish suggest something like that. This is being selfish with the entire community that dedicated time for hunting and playing. Please review your idea, because the way of third option was formulated is literally call everyone of idiot.
New IVs 20 to 31 would work if everyone is given the same starting ground to begin with. Before the starting ground is being set it's easy to determinate the ratio. Once you change it stays forever. Changing IVs to 20 was rather absurd without applying the change for everyone. Keep in mind that there will be also new old players who will in one year say that they are old. They played on much tougher ground. I strictly believe in the proven facts and equality. This is all but not equality. As for 1 to 31 IVs, would work like a charm if game is to be wiped and at the same time natures added. Or else, you will have to go through a lot of pain when introducing updates that will affect already obtained pokemons. Changing the IVs for only one group of players resulted in instant separation from the rest of the group. This is not how things are done. 1 to 31 would be the best if at the same time you will introduce at least natures. I am aware people love their shinies very well. We all love our time spent into something looking for someone that makes us happy. People also love their time spent to get something.

There is one VERY simple fact. OLD players are not dynamic, they are static. There is more new players coming than old ones staying. Again, it's not players fault to fall under such system but changes has to be made. First thing you need to think about is equality. Equality is something that was never delivered with shiny IV update. Same way you spend your time in the game new players spend it to. This is more suitable as punishment measure where you cut the IV to someone who broke the rule for the time being. For example someone was found using non permitted application to gain advantage, depending where they have been found and deciding the punishment you can issue a ban that will reduce the IV ratio for said person. But applying this to everyone is very alarming and not right. This whole thing is not right. You have to strive towards to better days and equality.