Shane's log

DeZoLa

Youngster
AncientWizard said:
I think the fairest thing would be that we could chose our own pokes abilitys (like pokemon showdown)
All the pokes at the moment have only one ability most of them are usles for curtain pokemons.
JUST MY OPININON :)

I Agree with you but it should be allowed only for a small period so any poke caught before that gets the right ability.

Shiny-HoOh

I think Recoil is giving incorrect recoil damage, when I've been using Flare Blitz it's taking away exactly 1/3rd hp (rounded down) from my Growlithe, it should be removing 1/3rd hp from the damage my Growlithe did to the opponent.

So if my Growlithe's Flare blitz did 100 hp worth of damage it should only be taking 33 HP in recoil.

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
DeZoLa said:
AncientWizard said:
I think the fairest thing would be that we could chose our own pokes abilitys (like pokemon showdown)
All the pokes at the moment have only one ability most of them are usles for curtain pokemons.

I Agree with you but it should be allowed only for a small period so any poke caught before that gets the right ability.

I disagree. :3

This wouldn't be fair for future players at all; it'd be impossible to find a max IV shiny with the right nature AND ability. x-x
The odds would be just...horrendously against them, and it would result in an impossible gap of "old" and "new" pokemon. D:

G

yeh i see it, i read it as 1/3 hp. not damage dealt. Ill fix em up when i wake up

nemo55

AncientWizard said:
I think the fairest thing would be that we could chose our own pokes abilities (like pokemon showdown)

I 100% agree with AncientWizard. Having customizable Abilities and Natures like in Showdown would totally rock on! Bringing this games popularity through the roof! Making people hunt for these pokes in IVs, Natures, and Abilities is absurd. We would need to introduce breeding, however, breeding will ruin this mmo and so much work would need to be required to overhaul everything. Its tough to wrap my head around this... ???

RicardoTav

I dont agree on you to choose your pokes abilities its betetr randoom you need luck to find your good pokes if you choose them like in showdown it will be very bad,
and showdown is a battle simulator , pwo is totaly diferent (that's why is much better).

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
nemo55 said:
AncientWizard said:
I think the fairest thing would be that we could chose our own pokes abilities (like pokemon showdown)

I 100% agree with AncientWizard. Having customizable Abilities and Natures like in Showdown would totally rock on! Bringing this games popularity through the roof! Making people hunt for these pokes in IVs, Natures, and Abilities is absurd. We would need to introduce breeding, however, breeding will ruin this mmo and so much work would need to be required to overhaul everything. Its tough to wrap my head around this... ???

CheckeredZebra said:
I disagree. :3

This wouldn't be fair for future players at all; it'd be impossible to find a max IV shiny with the right nature AND ability. x-x
The odds would be just...horrendously against them, and it would result in an impossible gap of "old" and "new" pokemon. D:

I suggest someone make a different thread to discuss this issue. Shane created the update to work as it does in the handhelds and rightly so, but others will decide if we need to diverge from that. Therefore the discussion is off-topic for this post and will be of more use not mixed up with all the other update reports here.

GawertyXL

so recently you fixed healing moves. one such move being milk drink. apply that too a level 26 milktank for the third johto gym, and you get a never-ending lose streak. any suggestions?

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Gawerty said:
so recently you fixed healing moves. one such move being milk drink. apply that too a level 26 milktank for the third johto gym, and you get a never-ending lose streak. any suggestions?

What team is losing? Or are lots of new players reporting this?

GawertyXL

I didn't think it was a big issue really. Its just my team probably. Lvl 29 croconaw isn't cutting it. even though milk drink heals half of the miltanks hp.

RicardoTav

Gawerty said:
I didn't think it was a big issue really. Its just my team probably. Lvl 29 croconaw isn't cutting it. even though milk drink heals half of the miltanks hp.
I Think that will be more easy after the spawn rates review on jhoto.

HOF69

Shane, I'm not sure if this is just a problem with Flare Blitz, or recoil in general, but it's definitely not working. It's causing the user to faint, regardless of how much HP you have left.

http://prntscr.com/3wwl5q

G

It is working correctly, however. When you've used that move on a very low level.. Your damage your doing is very very very high.
The mechanic for recoil is 1/3, 1/4, etc of the damage you do.

But yes, you are right. I have capped it so.. If you do more damage than the enemies health, it will cap at their health.
Should work correctly now. Thank you.

Tendou

Considering the changes from past 30 days I can see it is enough time to try out Imnsonia, Soundproof, Anger Point, Bulletproof, Compound Eyes, Early Bird, Immunity abilities and time to try out Roar and Haze. I really want to see how these will be once included in game.

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
Scald is added? that's cool but seems like we have to wait a bit for the other staffs to put it in game.

Buggot

Hey Shane,
I saw that some abilities are now in game. Are they fully implemented? If so, where can I find what ability my pokemon has?

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Buggot said:
Hey Shane,
I saw that some abilities are now in game. Are they fully implemented? If so, where can I find what ability my pokemon has?
The abilities that are now in game are recorded in Shane's log. You can find which ability your pokémon has on your pokédex.