Shane's Departure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRGodEastwood

Youngster
Banned
mad30 said:
Vast majority of the maps were broken.

Here's a thought bis go learn programming then talk.

Sign - person who put tms in game via the server instead of the pdex like you wanted iirc.
brother, apparently you need to learn programming too, as apparently your updates caused a saving issue which shane had to fix. and i wanted tm's in game full stop. i gave you guys a direction, and then you guys finally went with it. i dont care how you put it in, fact of the matter is, it finally was placed in game.

mad30

Youngster
Please compare what you have done outside banning ppl compared to what I have done .

Sign - not a Damn thing

Also thank you for answering why Shane simply didn't share the source code for the past 3 years. Was a very insightful response.

mad30

Youngster
Bis_Eastwood said:
mad30 said:
Vast majority of the maps were broken.

Here's a thought bis go learn programming then talk.

Sign - person who put tms in game via the server instead of the pdex like you wanted iirc.
brother, apparently you need to learn programming too, as apparently your updates caused a saving issue which shane had to fix. and i wanted tm's in game full stop. i gave you guys a direction, and then you guys finally went with it. i dont care how you put it in, fact of the matter is, it finally was placed in game.
considering I already stated my ability at programming your absolutely correct, grats? However the same can be said about Shane seeing how both thugie and I fixed several of his errors #negexp

BRGodEastwood

Youngster
Banned
5 years of staff, 3 years as a mod/cg helping players with their problems, 2 years as the most active gm, as well as the focal point behind recruitment.
the driving force behind the splitting river reserve update
driving force behind tm's even being considered being implemented in game
driving force in coercing you into update the damn movesets
and much more.

congrats, you were admin for 1 year and provided a bunch of broken updates. your effort was appreciated, but dont try and discredit me.

also, negative exp was just a visual problem, people just didn't like how it looked.. doesnt compare to your tm updates not refreshing and saving properly, as well as others.

EDIT: Also need to add, had to bail out pwo from being ddosed several times because of chocobo offending ninjabr and his friends multiple times. The guy with a bad attitude, was playing peacemaker. makes sense.

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Can we please end this argument here. Personal fights can be dealt with outside of these forums or I will lock this topic for good.

JD001

Youngster
Krysi said:
JD001 said:
Why can't we all be friends?
I know, right? You'd think the staff team would be you know...a team. Checked the dictionary, still don't see the letter "i" in "team".

JD001 said:
Buuuutttt yeah, how about staff sends an apology letter to Shane and explain their reasoning for what they did and what they weren't aware of? Maybe Creobis can write it all pretty-like. That wouldn't be a bad idea, now would it. It would also perhaps start communication between staff and Shane? Easy solution if pride doesn't get in the way, right?
Now why would the staff have to apologise to Shane and Shane not have to apologise to the staff when he was the one who chose to break the rules of his own co-owned game?

tldr; you have lots to say. I didn't read every quote or comment or post in full but I feel obliged to respond to you. I have no contact with Shane but I do with pwo's staff on here. Asking Shane to write an apology and explain his reasoning to staff on here (where he isn't present) makes a lot of sense, right?

Also, Bis and Mad. Get a room <3

mad30

Youngster
Bis_Eastwood said:
5 years of staff, 3 years as a mod/cg helping players with their problems, 2 years as the most active gm, as well as the focal point behind recruitment.
the driving force behind the splitting river reserve update
driving force behind tm's even being considered being implemented in game
driving force in coercing you into update the damn movesets
and much more.

congrats, you were admin for 1 year and provided a bunch of broken updates. your effort was appreciated, but dont try and discredit me.

also, negative exp was just a visual problem, people just didn't like how it looked.. doesnt compare to your tm updates not refreshing and saving properly, as well as others.

EDIT: Also need to add, had to bail out pwo from being ddosed several times because of chocobo offending ninjabr and his friends multiple times. The guy with a bad attitude, was playing peacemaker. makes sense.
Not trying to discredit what you did only your blatant attack on anyone who had touched the server code not name Shane or xan. He'll you was easily the most dedicated staff member EVER. And I will defend Shane on this topic as much as the current staff. But I will not accept your bias attacks.

Fun fact about the tm stuff if you could read (and understand) the server code you would probably have a different opinion.

For those with c++ knowledge. The game had approximately 15 classes. The battle system had only 4 classes.

Thugie improved the actual design of the server. Shane knew his stuff but he left the server in a state where it was difficult for others to improve upon it without a lot of headache, this was not entirely his fault either as he himself simply added onto a bad design inherited from kyro.

mad30

Youngster
Chocobo7 said:
Can we please end this argument here. Personal fights can be dealt with outside of these forums or I will lock this topic for good.
I will cease responding when bis enlightens me why Shane failed to provide his source code to the rest of the staff.

Saurus

Banned
Why should Shane do that? If you fixed some of his errors, why not figure it out smarty pants.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Can we drop it with the 'smarty pants'? Thank you.

Sanven

See, so only two maps left in releasing Hoenn..!!

Lolz staff, you could had find another way for that map, rather than blaming client n Shane, n making us wait for Hoenn rubbishly..!!!

you have a lot of mappers, can't they map that route/city in a different way??? Or you guys don't wanna release Hoenn, as then all Hoenn pokes will be out and TS pokes will useless..!!!

Or afraid of then, the demands of Sinnoh after that...!!!
Lolz bring on Hoenn guys...!!!

n yeah i too agree these abilities, natures aren't client based now, its server side..!!!!
so it could be done, if anyone's here is dedicated to work for free..!!!! like Shane.....

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Hi Sanven

All of the current staff work for free on this game like Shane.

psychosamm

Youngster
Holy cow this thread has gone out of control, all over one person leaving? Is he really so important that everyone has to hate on one another? Is he so important for some people to feel the need to claim the current staff needs to be usurped? Shane pops in, makes some updates (excellent ones, without a doubt) and suddenly when he leaves the staff is all of a sudden completely worthless? You guys clearly don't understand the time and effort put into this game, the staff try to do what they can for the game on the side of their busy lives. They don't get paid, they work on the game simply for the love of the game, and damn are you guys making it hard for them to love it. There is no need for them to be treated how they are being treated right now, it's just wrong, they are people too. Put away your pitchforks and torches people, and simmer down.

I'm not saying the staff did no wrong, in fact they majorly screwed up. How they didn't have a set place to meet up and brainstorm with their most important DEV is mind boggling to me. That's common sense 101 when it comes to teamwork, it surprises me as much as gotten done as it has without this common meeting ground put in place to be honest. However, they hopefully have realized now how much such a place is needed, and will only become stronger and more efficient because of it. However, let's not forget it takes two to tango, Shane could have just as easily said "hey, let's all meet up here and brainstorm." instead they both were failing to communicate, which is why this whole situation ended up like it did.
It is a shame Shane decided to leave, however this isn't the apocalypse, life will go on, please give it a rest and let's work together on moving forward.

ChaoticMantis

Krysi said:
ChaoticMantis said:
Since this thread had gone full retard.

I like turtles.
How's your turtle doing anyway? o:
She is doing fantastic actually, thanks for asking
Goo.gif
. getting her a mate soon because shes old enough to start producing eggs (even though she hasnt mated yet she popped out un-fertilized ones so i figured she'd want a mate. plus N. American Box Turtles are incredibly endangered in my area because people like to be idiots and swerve to hit them when driving so i decided that i'd breed her to try to help increase the population even a little bit. once theyre old enough and their shells are plenty hard enough i'm going to release them in the woods near the 4 lakes in my town.

ChaoticMantis

2014-06-24%2019.28.15.jpg

just look at that majestic little creature. LOOK AT IT.

also this thread is now about turtles, stop your damn arguing already.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
KPyppo said:
Bluerise said:
KPyppo, if you don't mind answering (even if via PM) - would you be able to confirm who has said what and if possible, provide links to where it was said.

Thanks.

Not sure about what you want me to confirm but no need to go private, this is the topic http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=32934 where Hitmonfonty said "we dont need a new client for hoenn" he even said with shane around he would think of something about those layer issues, I guess some posts were edited since some more info was there, anyway now that we may have a chance for hoenn to come all of a sudden Monty says we dont have an use for it, LOL just because you staff failed with token store and let people buy everything from hoenn ???

To note: it is hard to give enough feedback for what i said if you guys keep/editing deleting what you posted, dont know who deleted the Shane´s post they were there but thx for that too

Nothing of mine has been edited, any edits would happen right after re-reading a post for clarity or typo's or whatever. I have no reason to revisit old posts.

Before Shane returned major updates to the client were impossible, hence my response 'back then' was that we need a new client for Hoenn to be released. My response while Shane was here was that I believed he was capable of fixing the map layer issue (it had actually been discussed by staff with Shane not long after he returned). It was as much my confidence in Shane's ability as anything else that led me to change my stance in this, I'm sorry if it was confusing.

Completing Kanto and Johto however before going on to another region, has been our intention for as long as I've been staff and longer I believe. That is nothing new, but I've not heard any staff say that we don't need Hoenn at all. On the contrary, it is a project that most of us look forward to working on.

Stank

Youngster
ChaoticMantis said:
2014-06-24%2019.28.15.jpg

just look at that majestic little creature. LOOK AT IT.

also this thread is now about turtles, stop your damn arguing already.
Mikey approves

6380616_1395969601.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.