Shane's Departure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merse

Youngster
I wouldn't mind the attitude of certain staff members, in fact I was supporting them in the past despite I was voicing my opinion against those said behaviors. Simply because I knew they were working in the best interest of the game.
But chasing Shane away, the guy who really did more updates than the rest of the staff could do in the next year, that's cannot be the interest of the game. If there would be another developer who knows the code, I could accept it. But with Shane we had a chance to make this game the best Pokemon game ever made (including the originals), and that was taken away from us because... What exactly? The hurting ego of certain staff members? I can't really call it anything else. And that is just wrong.

nemo55

Merse said:
I wouldn't mind the attitude of certain staff members, in fact I was supporting them in the past despite I was voicing my opinion against those said behaviors. Simply because I knew they were working in the best interest of the game.
But chasing Shane away, the guy who really did more updates than the rest of the staff could do in the next year, that's cannot be the interest of the game. If there would be another developer who knows the code, I could accept it. But with Shane we had a chance to make this game the best Pokemon game ever made (including the originals), and that was taken away from us because... What exactly? The hurting ego of certain staff members? I can't really call it anything else. And that is just wrong.

I 100% agree with Merse here. I used to support you guys for the hard work, keeping the game alive, doing what you can with all the limitations the client granted. Doing what is best for the game...but chasing away Shane even Bis (in such an immature way) was not needed AND was not in the best interest of the game. YES, you guys still do work hard, and are still here with us while Shane isn't BUT one simply can't respect you guys anymore. It's a sad situation really. I am a harsh critic, but I always have a reason behind it and I can always back my reasoning, otherwise I wouldn't be such an arss.

Saurus

Banned
Everyone should get 100 tokens to buy from the token store. Lol.

Belemuel

Saurus said:
Everyone should get 100 tokens to buy from the token store. Lol.

That would ruin the economy of pwo.......and why you come back? D:

Boora

Youngster
just sayin, this is so stupid
blue takes advantage of the fact that he "runs" things since shane was in the army and xan is MIA most of the time
you can't just demote an admin because you dont like him, when its not your game, how'd you feel if xan said "meh i'm sick of him pce "
the least you could do is talk to shane and say i dont want him to be staff because A B and C.
it shows complete dissrespect thwords shane and makes him feel powerless in his own Game.(literally)
and block the staff battle system ? to the OWNER ? foreal ? how in the world would he test and update the battle system if he can't use it....

if you ask me, no offense to any "staff" but you couldn't handle the fact that shane did in one month what you couldn't in 1 year .
i'l just throw the playerdex out there for an example, it was "almost ready" 18 months ago. when i came back to pwo and before i quit.
i played for 8 months straight and saw at most 2 big updates, now when i visit the forums i keep saying i wish i had time to play.
i'm guessing thanks to shane,

there's a saying, you cant have the cake and eat it too.
no shane, no big updates, and i dont care what you're gonna say , even with his help, most of you are clueless and xan only cares about the donation system.

to sums things up, you acted like bunch of 16 year old girls jealous of the new hottie in school.
Grow up, or you'll end up with random people finding the game doin the gyms and quitting, since without shane there isn't much else todo.
even the shines are ruined, some with 28+ some with 15+ some with 20+, a complete mess,

Sanven

Simple ADM shouldnt been given that much power as Shane had..!!!
Shane could have demoted that ADM which disrespected him...

but his kindness, he didn't do it like you all do..!!
thats what makes him different from you all.

But its fine now.
Don't cry for anything that is gone now, move ahead.

And think of new updates, and new Developer who could come in place of Shane.

Merse

Youngster
Sanven said:

But its fine now.

Dude, please read the thread before you write anything...

1) Shane isn't just some dev, he is the CO-OWNER of PWO! He is in fact higher in hierarchy than Bluerise is.

2) If the problem could be solved by "a new developer in place of Shane" there wouldn't be such an outrage about his departure. Shane was THE LAST PERSON who knew the coding of this game. Now that he's gone, there is nobody, I repeat NOBODY who could bring us new features. The remaining staff has next to no knowledge of the code and they failed to understand it on many attempts. This means that without Shane there is
- no new region
- no new abilities
- no natures
- no EVs
- no double/triple battles.
And I don't mean not in the close future. That means those features NEVER EVER will be in PWO.

3) Move ahead where? It is continuously proven to us for years now that without Shane or Xan helping out or doing something on their own, there is no perspective ahead of PWO.

SOULTAKER1994

Could be a mean/rude comment but a round of applause to whoever made shane leave ... the one time i was hoping he'd help get pwo on mobile.. T_T

Sanven

Merse said:
Sanven said:

But its fine now.

Dude, please read the thread before you write anything...

1) Shane isn't just some dev, he is the CO-OWNER of PWO! He is in fact higher in hierarchy than Bluerise is.

2) If the problem could be solved by "a new developer in place of Shane" there wouldn't be such an outrage about his departure. Shane was THE LAST PERSON who knew the coding of this game. Now that he's gone, there is nobody, I repeat NOBODY who could bring us new features. The remaining staff has next to no knowledge of the code and they failed to understand it on many attempts. This means that without Shane there is
- no new region
- no new abilities
- no natures
- no EVs
- no double/triple battles.
And I don't mean not in the close future. That means those features NEVER EVER will be in PWO.

3) Move ahead where? It is continuously proven to us for years now that without Shane or Xan helping out or doing something on their own, there is no perspective ahead of PWO.

I'm not saying he is any DEV..!!! read it carefully dude...!!!

He won't return you too know, as confirmed by Belemuel (as he is contact with shane so he knows).
So whats matter of crying now..!!!
what has been done, can't be restored..!!!!

So stop crying now, and move on..!!!
PWO won't get these updates, but atleast It needs a developer, to make this game go, not dead.

Crying on Past gives you nothing, just unsuccess and sadness..!!!

And there can be good Devs out there, but only current Staff out of their pride would welcome them, then only those can come.

Btw new regions can't be brought by current staff, if they want us to play new region.
If Hoenn has some mapping layer problem, then there can be other solutions..!!! like skiiping that thing, remaking its map by own, its not necessary to make same Hoenn maps as by Nintendo, because his storyline and maps are also not 100% authenticated and real, if you watch real anime, you'd know.

But the main thing is staff aren't aiming at releasing Hoenn or Sinnoh..!!!

They just want us to keep in dark, that its progress is on..!!! I heard this news 2 years ago, that hoenn is 50% complete..!!
Liars are staff.... 2 years, you couldn't complete rest 50%. Shame on you staff, I think only rejected programmers come here.
Give me the project, I'll complete it in one month..!! I'm also a programmer.

EDIT : If I were Shane, instead of leaving PWO, i would had kicked all of them (current staff opposing Shane) out of game, and appointed new friendly Staff...!!!! Thats how boss works when employees become lazy and arrogant.

Btw look here : ROM Battle Scene Design -->Awesome Shane's Work..!!!! ;D ;D

Surgate

Yep this game is done for without Shane i was planning to come back actively in it after the new playerdex (and mart) release but ofc seeing there is no1 that can code the game anymore i'm done i'll go back to another pokemon mmo similiar to this( not those browser based crap) that beside being a scamfest( and u could just not be an idiot and carefully think of what u are doing) and having currently only pokes up to gen 3, with gen 4 mechanics and much more planned and in development (with updates that ACTUALLY happens, not that regularly either but they DO happen, not like here with 1 useless update after a year mind yourself) is much better than this: natures, abilities, Evs, actually useable HMs, breeding and more, basically all that we could never have here. I played both togheter till the fact that i was grounded and had to walk (no fly) that unlike this place all the avaiable pokes, in the other one, are ALL catchable in the wild donation is basically only for extra shiny chance and cosmetics, yap u heard that right hats, clothes and other stuff( and not even all of them are donation only many can be bought with in game money too). Sorry for the long rant but i'm just sad of all this because i always tought this game had more potential than anyone out there but the slow updates and the pay(donation? call it how you like but u are still giving it money)-fest. I wonder how many will still "donate" to a project that lost it's only able developer and ofc with the drop of donations they probably won't be able to keep the game up in other words this game is most likely done for, if it can survive good for you all but i will surely not be here to see it in any case goodbye PWO it was a fun run till it lasted.

The-Predator

Youngster
Sanven said:
Btw new regions can't be brought by current staff, if they want us to play new region.
If Hoenn has some mapping layer problem, then there can be other solutions..!!! like skiiping that thing, remaking its map by own, its not necessary to make same Hoenn maps as by Nintendo, because his storyline and maps are also not 100% authenticated and real, if you watch real anime, you'd know.

But the main thing is staff aren't aiming at releasing Hoenn or Sinnoh..!!!

You are right my friend they dont want us to play nor going to release any new regions im afraid, a few years ago we were told Hoenn wasnt possible at the time because of layer issues and a new client would be needed, thats why they put Hardcoreh to work into it (not the only reason but to add many more features), then when Coreh decided to run away, I asked if we were never going to have a new region, they replied, "we dont need a new client to add a new region, we are planning to release in future but now our main goal is to complete kanto and johto", seriously Why to lie about it?? What else is needed in these 2 regions to be completed? how many years is it going to take you?, They keep lying as years are passing and they arent "cry" because of nothing, Shane gave hope to the game, updates that were suppose to be "impossible" for current staff were brought in only one month, now if you say we need a new DEV only to be run PWO the way it is, Sorry but as many players of here, I am not a conformist, I am looking forward to see PWO as the Best MMO, but now i dont think it is possible.

I want to note, I dont have anything against current staff (personally) what I do have to say is, the way they work sucks, The only thing I blame blue for, is the way he acted and "managed" this situation, Blue is a very busy guy i dont blame him since he is the only one that works on token issues, he is the only ADM we have (that currently do something) he has a RL job, studies and he takes some of his free time to work on PWO, so that been said, why to chase Shane if he had the time to come and give us updates that current staff cant?? Staff policy sucks, they tell us nothing about the game, no announcements about planned projects, Staff that care about the project leaving because of coldness/apathy from other staff members, useless projects that takes at least 1 year of planning without a change ( spawn project* cough* ::) ).

Maybe something can still be worked, Luminance helped in last Blue´s changelog and Shane helped with code mess, just hope they come back

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
KPyppo, if you don't mind answering (even if via PM) - would you be able to confirm who has said what and if possible, provide links to where it was said.

Thanks.

The-Predator

Youngster
Bluerise said:
KPyppo, if you don't mind answering (even if via PM) - would you be able to confirm who has said what and if possible, provide links to where it was said.

Thanks.

Not sure about what you want me to confirm but no need to go private, this is the topic http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=32934 where Hitmonfonty said "we dont need a new client for hoenn" he even said with shane around he would think of something about those layer issues, I guess some posts were edited since some more info was there, anyway now that we may have a chance for hoenn to come all of a sudden Monty says we dont have an use for it, LOL just because you staff failed with token store and let people buy everything from hoenn ???

To note: it is hard to give enough feedback for what i said if you guys keep/editing deleting what you posted, dont know who deleted the Shane´s post they were there but thx for that too

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Shane deleted his posts, i'll have a word with Fonty since I can see where you're coming from.

Status
Not open for further replies.