Server down?

magyarlajk

zChris said:
Anybody know when the server will be back up?

Nobody knows. Just be patient. It's worth waiting. ;)

@Niesy

I'm 20 years old, too.And still fun this game.

And Chris hasnt got the point. He'is an adult man. He should have learned some patience. :p

G

i think you have a point chris, btw not every body is 10 years old here, the game is still fun when you're 20

G

I do know patience, but sometimes you have to act like that to get things done, play Pokemon Dawn of Darkness for 1 week and tell me what you think, the servers on there are absolutely amazing and auto-restart by themselves, but i like both games, i dont see how pwo who has been out longer has worse servers than Pdod who has been oout maybe a year and a half maybe 2. and i take insult to your comment, how about being Mature and stop commenting on here you troll, everybody else has

magyarlajk

I'm not trolling, lol. You made a topic for purpose. You asked about something. And I answered it. That's all. This simple it is. XD

Btw, you really do not know patience. I'd say, go and play with PDoD but i wont say this. That game is boring and too easy.

What i will say for you is patience. And i will say it everytime, when you start complaining.

kurtisbmx

i hope this topic gets locked soon seems to be alot of arguing XD

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
zChris said:
I do know patience, but sometimes you have to act like that to get things done, play Pokemon Dawn of Darkness for 1 week and tell me what you think, the servers on there are absolutely amazing and auto-restart by themselves, but i like both games, i dont see how pwo who has been out longer has worse servers than Pdod who has been oout maybe a year and a half maybe 2. and i take insult to your comment, how about being Mature and stop commenting on here you troll, everybody else has
Correct me if I'm wrong, but unless something's changed significantly in the last few months, PDoD is engine based and uses already established server code. Their stability is simply down to the fact the work had already been done. It also means the game is unlikely to implement any completely new ideas in the future, because I highly doubt they have proper server developers or access to the server source.

PWO is fully custom. Every part of the game has been hand-crafted by a number of DEVs past and present, including our server. This means it's constantly being worked on - the server isn't done; and may never be done. But while it does mean less stability overall (although, I must admit, the stability has seriously improved over the last few weeks), it also means it can constantly grow and improve.

One more thing - can PDoD take over 1000 players in-game at once yet?

Az0L

Jinji said:
zChris said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but unless something's changed significantly in the last few months, PDoD is engine based and uses already established server code. Their stability is simply down to the fact the work had already been done. It also means the game is unlikely to implement any completely new ideas in the future, because I highly doubt they have proper server developers or access to the server source.

PWO is fully custom. Every part of the game has been hand-crafted by a number of DEVs past and present, including our server. This means it's constantly being worked on - the server isn't done; and may never be done. But while it does mean less stability overall (although, I must admit, the stability has seriously improved over the last few weeks), it also means it can constantly grow and improve.

One more thing - can PDoD take over 1000 players in-game at once yet?

Everything what Jinji said is true, PDoD is stable because there are just like 50 players who plays at once. If u take in consideration how much player play PWO at once, u'll see that it isn't bad server at all, in fact I admire this DEVs who made this server.

psychosamm

Youngster
zChris said:
im not trying to act like a hardass by saying i was in the Marines, idiot, im not in the Marines yet, im "enlisted" that dude said i had no life which in fact i do, dont judge me if you dont know me. i'v been playing this game for 4 months, and i didnt donate to get tokens, i donate in hopes that it would go towards fixing the servers. you guys wanna insult me some more then atleast have the balls to get off this forum, find me, and please say it to my face.i didn't start this arguement, i was simply asking a question and i suddenly i have an army of 10 year olds insulting me. I was under the impression that i lived in America and had the right to freedom of speech and to defend myself. so please stop commenting on here and leave me be
You aren't donating to pay someone to fix the servers, the donations are only used to keep the server up and running. ThuGie is the only active DEV working on the server and he's done a LOT to fix the servers the past few months.

And you did start this argument by whining and saying how much better PDoD is, and out of the blue assuming someone said you had no life. While also being rude to Blue when you had no reason to. He was simply stating facts and didn't provoke you in any way. If you're going into the military you're gonna have to get over your excessive sensitivity REAL FAST.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
You're paying to improve the game, part of which is to improve the code and uptime. If you weren't aware of that before you donated, it's your own fault for not finding out WHAT you were paying for to be honest. The information is around and easily found by anyone who bothers to look. Server status topics wouldn't be locked if that wasn't the case.

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
I just want to point out that this is a Pokemon game and things will get done when they're done, that nobody is losing time or money they didn't want to spend, and that we should just chill and enjoy the game when it's up. You know, instead of arguing over if Pdod or PWO or whatever else is better. We are what we are and we're trying to improve. We're undermanned young adults for the most part trying to make something that's entertaining.

:V

So yeah, chill, catch a Scyther or if you're lucky a shiny, get rich and have fun wasting your time here. If it's not for you, that's cool. We'll still keep trying to make it better for everyone who decides to stay here.

EDIT: I'm saying this as a fellow player/human being that enjoys PWO, so take this with a pinch of salt.
For those of you who attacked somebody who wasn't being rude, shame on you imo. No I'm not trying to call anyone directly out, I'm just kind of tired of people going "ASDFKLASFD how dare you!" at people politely asking a question. You're just as much at fault if you provoke somebody into retaliating if a fight breaks out.