Server down?

kurtisbmx

xMikie said:
Oh yea one more thing when u said they have life's well if u r going to make a mmo game u do not have a life u should b working on the game as much as u can for all of the players and if u don't like pwo is doing u will lose players to other mmo games

the staff have paid jobs, uni etc.. this is just a side project for them i know i wouldn't give up my social life for a mmo XD and for losing players to another mmo pwo server cap has been increased twice by 250 each time in the last 3 weeks cause of all the new players i dont think they have to worry about that most pwo players know about the server and they can live with it.

xNappa

xMikie said:
Oh yea one more thing when u said they have life's well if u r going to make a mmo game u do not have a life u should b working on the game as much as u can for all of the players and if u don't like pwo is doing u will lose players to other mmo games

.-. i wouldnt go that far. thats kind of a Douche comment. They cant be working on the game 24/7 because it is a voulenteer free time thing and they dont have this massive staff of people. Sure it bothers me that its been down so long but i dont think they have to dedicate their whole lives to fixing every little crash

xMikie

Yea but when u give a game money U think ur going to play it but no it goes down and I don't like paying for something then can't use it

kurtisbmx

xMikie said:
Yea but when u give a game money U think ur going to play it but no it goes down and I don't like paying for something then can't use it

it a donation u give money to help the game not to get something in return the staff dont even have to give tokens to us but they do , u shouldnt donate to get something out of it , i mean u would give money to a homeless person and expect him to clean your house would u XD i have to agree with xNappa this is a douche comment . no offence

Teugata

Honestly all this talk about donations and not being happy about the downtimes is useless and only proves you got nothing better to do then just sit and wait untill the server restarts. We're all anxious to play again, and I'm betting theres a lot of people checking the status page right now, pressing F5 in annoyance. Still, server crashes will keep happening and if you don't like waiting and are not patient enough for the restart to happen then you shouldn't play this game at all because it will keep happening!

In my oppinion, dev's should focus on fixing bugs that cause crashes, instead of adding new content at the moment to prevent data corruption and added problems in the future. Also, I've got a feeling they are a little understaffed so it might be good to look for some new volunteers that are also from different timezones so the server can be restarted at any time of day.

Anyway, in short: stop complaining or don't play!

And don't confuse complaining with providing constructive feedback, 'cause I do believe the later is highly encouraged :D

balieboy

Okey look, when you donate, you expect it to get bether all the time, when you donate you give them money to make the game bether, when the pwo staff is volinters without payment, the money goes to the server, the map designers are unpayed they do this for ous, not them self, when you donate you give them money to work on the server, to get more ppl to get in, the map and so on they work on for free, the only thing they really need to do with the money is to make the server errors bether, to pay in really good ppl to check on it, and to keep the server online, so it's good to complain, becuse many of them pay to keep the server alive, it's like when you get money from work/you'r mom/family, its not becuse they wanted to, it's becuse you have done something good, thats why we donate becuse we get those things, so stop freaking complain about those who complain, becuse they should do it. !!!!!
with greetings:HAPPY GAMER !!!

Naero

Actually, the donations are simply used for the server upkeep, not really as an incentive or any kind of compensation for them to improve the game itself. Although donations are appreciated to help continue keeping the server running, every update made to improve the game itself, or even a task as menial as restarting the server, is done voluntarily. More donations won't necessarily equate to a more efficient server - the server hardware itself is just fine, but the server coding itself is erroneous, which will be remedied with a rewrite, not necessarily donations. Using copyrighted material, there isn't as much legal ground to hire professional developers as you seem to imply; just volunteers who do amateur work on it in their spare time.

xNappa

I am kinda suprised its not back up yet... its been abouy 7 hours o.o i guess all the gms etc are asleep o.o... gotta sleep sometime

Teugata

Getting a new admin volunteer thats available at that time could solve the problem, preferably one that can also help on the stuff Naero rightly pointed out.

Complaining about it certainly doesn't fix it though.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Teugata said:
In my oppinion, dev's should focus on fixing bugs that cause crashes
That is what Thugie is currently doing among other things.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
xNappa said:
I am kinda suprised its not back up yet... its been abouy 7 hours o.o i guess all the gms etc are asleep o.o... gotta sleep sometime
GMs don't restart the server, it's mainly DEVs and ADMs that have access to restart.

As for sleep, I've been sleeping randomly as of late so the usual period which is covered by me, is instead not being covered as much but another period is. Oh how much fun timezones are!

G

you saying i have no life? sorry but i do, i just dont have anything to do at 2 or 3 in the morning, and for the dude who said i shouldnt donate and expect anything, are you retarded? i donate expecting a better game to come out of it, im starting to think if this dude is pocketing 75% of the money people donate

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Donations are used to pay for server costs, without donations - we can't pay to keep the game running nevermind expanding it. Money isn't an issue with downtime - it's the code itself which Thugie is focusing his time on with regards to crashes.

G

How about you make me stop complaining? and i do have a life, im enlisting in the united states marine corps, but thats not the point, the point is i have nothing better to do at 2 or 3 in the morning, and for the dude who said i shouldnt donate to get anything out of it, are you dumb? i donate expecting to get more reliable servers, PdoD servers are 1234235423 times better than these and their in alpha, and its a better game already, but i enjoy both, im just wondering if 75% of the money donated to this game goes in this dude pockets

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
I'm not going to stop you from complaining, if you feel you need to complain then do so. But do so with knowing straight before arguing something that you have no clue on. As said, money isn't the cause of downtime - it's due to coding issues. NPCs are currently the main crash issue and it's something that Thugie is looking into and with Player's reporting issues with NPCs ingame - we can hopefully find the cause of the problem sooner rather than later.

psychosamm

Youngster
zChris said:
How about you make me stop complaining? and i do have a life, im enlisting in the united states marine corps, but thats not the point, the point is i have nothing better to do at 2 or 3 in the morning, and for the dude who said i shouldnt donate to get anything out of it, are you dumb? i donate expecting to get more reliable servers, PdoD servers are 1234235423 times better than these and their in alpha, and its a better game already, but i enjoy both, im just wondering if 75% of the money donated to this game goes in this dude pockets
Dude quit being butthurt that this game isn't exactly how you want it. There is 1 active developer right now, and fixing these problems takes a lot of time. Being bratty isn't going to get you what you want like it is with your mommy or daddy. And if saying how you're going into the "marines" is supposed to show us how hardcore and independent you are, no one cares. You're complaining about how a children's game is being buggy. Get over it. It will be fixed when its fixed.

P.S. The makers of this game can't pocket any of the donated money, otherwise Nintendo would be all over this game and try to shut it down again.

Mangos

psychosamm said:
zChris said:
Dude quit being butthurt that this game isn't exactly how you want it. There is 1 active developer right now, and fixing these problems takes a lot of time. Being bratty isn't going to get you what you want like it is with your mommy or daddy. And if saying how you're going into the "marines" is supposed to show us how hardcore and independent you are, no one cares. You're complaining about how a children's game is being buggy. Get over it. It will be fixed when its fixed.

P.S. The makers of this game can't pocket any of the donated money, otherwise Nintendo would be all over this game and try to shut it down again.

As far as im concerned seeing what gets accepted into our marine corps is scary... maybe you should be a bit more professional. Or act like your actually in the marines..

Warchida

Lol how long have you been playing?
you used to have to wait like a month to get tokens and you are complaining about this?

G

im not trying to act like a hardass by saying i was in the Marines, idiot, im not in the Marines yet, im "enlisted" that dude said i had no life which in fact i do, dont judge me if you dont know me. i'v been playing this game for 4 months, and i didnt donate to get tokens, i donate in hopes that it would go towards fixing the servers. you guys wanna insult me some more then atleast have the balls to get off this forum, find me, and please say it to my face.i didn't start this arguement, i was simply asking a question and i suddenly i have an army of 10 year olds insulting me. I was under the impression that i lived in America and had the right to freedom of speech and to defend myself. so please stop commenting on here and leave me be