Return of weekend events.

Squilante

I missclicked general pwo talk

Am I the only one around here who looks for events in the 'Events'? And I felt so smart. . .

Orean

Website
twitter.com
Re: I missclicked general pwo talk

Squilante said:
Am I the only one around here who looks for events in the 'Events'? And I felt so smart. . .

Official events, including the weekend-round events precursored in this thread, should be announced in the main Events section; and possibly a redirective "shadow" of the topic may be posted in the announcement's section, possibly in an "Events" subsection. No official events have been hosted yet—this thread is meant to be a discussional prelude to the event, for players to be made well-informed on the setup of the event, to address questions/concerns as they may arise, and for them to pitch in suggestions for the type of events they would like to see run.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
[glow=red]Since obtaining illegal pokémons started I saw no more discussion on this topic. And we are already in November, I'm curious to know if this problem is already solved and the events will happen soon. ??? [/glow]

Tecknician

julio2503 said:
[glow=red]Since obtaining illegal pokémons started I saw no more discussion on this topic. And we are already in November, I'm curious to know if this problem is already solved and the events will happen soon. ??? [/glow]
Milk duds.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Empress Teck said:
julio2503 said:
Milk duds.
[glow=red]Meh![/glow]

Orean

Website
twitter.com
julio2503 said:

However, an event is already ongoing in the Halloween Event. It's an easy assumption to make that players, be it on foresight or hindsight, will ultimately have preferred to focus on one event at a time. ;)

Dragon16

Youngster
HI, i Just wanted to know that when these weekend events are held will they be posted on the forums?

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Dragon16 said:
HI, i Just wanted to know that when these weekend events are held will they be posted on the forums?

I believe Creobis answered this already.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
[glow=red]Considering the latest issues with illegally obtained pokemon I think the weekend events return will be adjourned. Till a definitive solution be found to stop that or a more elaborate structure be available. I would like to know it too... :-[ [/glow]

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
There is no need to bump this post, an answer will be given when there is one to give.

Orean

Website
twitter.com
Dex. said:
Every weekend should have at least 1 event :(

The cooldown for each weekend-round event partially depends on what type of content-oriented updates are preferable: permanent additions, or weekend-round/seasonal events; how much focal manpower there is towards orchestrating weekend-round events can affect how much/how little permanent content updates may be developed as well.

I can understand why they are wanted at a more-frequent pace—the inaugural weekend event is admittedly behind schedule, due to various circumstantial holdups—but the (currently tentative) rate of once/twice-monthly events is done under the foresight that players want more permanetnly-lasting content updates/additions. The minimum 2-3 week cooldown time between each event is meant to give the staff spacious time for the drawing board and development work of the next weekend event, as well as their own berth on the agenda for permanent content updates.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
[glow=red]Considering we have not too many events in the latest times, 2-3 weeks of cooldown is good. I know the troubles and limitations around but I would be happy if we have 1 or 2 short events per month. Good luck for staff developing them. :) [/glow]

Wasson

hola tengo una duda, me podrian explicar en que consiste eso de los eventos? como puedo participar de esos eventos? o que tengo que hacer?

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Wasson said:
hola tengo una duda, me podrian explicar en que consiste eso de los eventos? como puedo participar de esos eventos? o que tengo que hacer?

Por el momento no hay ningún evento ocurriendo.

Peace-Enforcer

I peronaly love the idea of weekend events and I also love how you implemented reward system. I wrote before about weekend events and how they would greatly benifit the game cause they would provide the game with new content constantly, which was one of the biggest problems in PWO. Late game content...
Would love to see this system implemented. It is what I hoped for PWO to take that turn for a long time.
Also I would love if we had a small chance of reward pokes ending up being (S). Maybe make it same as when you encouter.

Thx staff! Keep up the good work!

Saurus

Banned
Weekend events? No. Too predictable. One event per two months. Yes. Seems logical.