Removal of /list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiningamisgirl

-rolls around, points to Spawn Rate post, speaks words-

Soo....I agree..and disagree..with a lot. Theres so many good ideas! A fair bit of other, and what looks like could be a lot of hard work, maybe more work than necessary?

So far we're doing okay without /list. We can go in, and hunt for ourselves, see what we find, talk to other players about what we're hunting, etc. Why do we need to know what's in an area? We'll hunt what we hunt, and anyone that keeps an eye on the trade center/channel/marketplace in general, notices influx's or a lack of whatever Pokemon their looking for.

Honestly..we're just being lazy otherwise (though there is RL to be considered, and many people simply not having the time to fool around with an area where they don't know whats in it..) It can also be annoying, for those who know how it's played, and don't feel like being social, to answer obvious questions when they just wanna hunt..and on the third hand...Remove Rarity Ratings, keep em unknown. Though you should also change spawn ratings across regions, or make them area/path/region specific if you're going to do that.

If you're gonna remove /list, then you have to give us other options. The wiki will need to be kept track of. Or there's the option -like many others have stated- Of unlocking Pokemon as you encounter them -the Pokemon and their map area listings- I really do like the idea of there being a /list and 1:???? , 2.??? etc etc. Showing up when you do it, and as you encounter the Pokemon, the list shows it, and for the ones you haven't encountered in an area it keeps ????. Or yanno find one Pokemon, show listing of all areas -via the Pokedex, like in the original games where the Pokedex listed the areas of Pokemon you'd encountered and where you could find them.-

The problem is that there's more than one problem. If you're going to do one thing, then you have to do the other things simultaneously. Have the list, remove the rarities -cause they're inaccurate and pointless right now- Keep /list and the Rarity listings, but change all rarities/spawn rates on the Pokemon -personally I'd rather remain oblivious to Rarity, we are smart enough to figure some things out on our own, chat in game, it'll create more community!-.

Of course, if you're going to change rarity, spawn, /list listings, then you should also change the catch rates. Why does it vary so much? One Slugma took 1 pkball, another took 20, same area..Why is that? Iv's? Luck? I think we'd all like to understand how the system works more.

Really though, all of this seems like a lot of work for something that isn't a prominent issue at the moment. It's wonderful to discuss! Thank you for asking our opinions and testing all of this out on us before hand! -not that I've had minded either way, but I'm not a serious hunter.- I know I'm enjoying seeing some change, and having something new to do!

Whatever you do or don't decide, I'm sure it'll work out. If it doesn't? You know you'll hear from us about it! Lol!Muchos luv to our staffs! Go go go! Happy Holidays!

Rexrene

I am not saying /list is bad or anything, but if add another something into it, it will become a unique feature for PWO. What PWO needs is a unique feature that can compete with other PokemonMMO. If we want to make this game everlasting we should at least try to improve every single unique things in the game. For example is the list. The list command as Gobfather and Zebras ideas, I think we should try to make them. For example, Bagon-Horribly Rare. If we make it like this, B????-???? we can atleast let the player guess or try to research more about pokemons in the game. Well, if we put in the Pokedex the suitable habitats for that pokemon, it will surely helps. For example in the pokedex, Bagon- Habitat: Mountain Area. So they will need to think whether does it Bagon or other pokemon that live in that area. This at least it will help the game look more interesting. We can make them to catch the pokemon if they want to know the rarity of the pokemon. Captured, then the rarity of the pokemon will be reveal. Still, a lot more idea can be implies into the list command. Well, I dont mean for the list command to be remove, it just improvise it to make it better. It may change a bit but at least we can put it into our unique features of the game. So, please don't take that I am harsh or anything.
Thank You.

ISMe06

My opinion is do not remove that control. the control will just show the pokemon in that area or where to find that pokemon.
;D

Ramensnoodle

Youngster
If it ain't broke don't fix, atleast without a better replacement. Zebra's idea looks to be the perfect replacement for this as a collector I'd love to be able to unlock stuff as I encounter. I would prefer a more interactive pokedex with this but that seems off the table without a new client.

Uzify

[EDIT] I'm for this for new areas, like not updating the /list like in the Cinnabar Volcano Path. It should be really interesting once Hoenn and other new areas such as the volcano path arrives.

From my point of view, doing this wouldn't really change anything besides making some people sad that they no longer can use a quick command to notice what pokemons are in the area.

Since most of us players already know where many of the pokemons are, it wouldn't create much interest exploring areas just to find what pokemon lies within the several areas. Almost every PWO player have at least played one of the original hand-held games, on top of having internet sources telling where pokemons are located. What would be fun though, would be if you removed the command along with messing with the rarities for encounter rates. That way, it would be interesting to find out pokemons you thought were rarer than that. But then again, I don't feel much gain from removing the /list command, and that it would take tons of effort making that change interesting.

Saurus

Banned
Do not remove the /list command. It is a very useful tool in-game.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
HitmonFonty said:
julio2503 said:
I guess this discussion has no longer importance since /list won't be removed. :p

http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30066

You missed the point of that second thread, it was to stress that this was just a discussion not an announcement. The discussion can continue if anyone wishes to add to it
Of course, any opinion is welcome. But I think asking for don't remove the command make no sense as well. Myself have some points I would like to discuss, anyway I'm ok for now.

Gery

Hello, why i cant see if is pokemon Rare,Very Rare etc. when i use /list.

Status
Not open for further replies.