Redistribution of the Lost Pokes

[color=#000000:7y90kqqh]Would you like to see banned pokemon redistributed?[/color:7y90kqqh]

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

pieoffury

I voted maybe because it's a good idea but can also be a bad idea, it heavily depends on how the staff plans to execute such. Okay sure, these banned accounts were banned for obtaining pokes through illegal means. However, bringing 'em back and distributing them in a fair manner wouldn't make them illegal. They would be obtained in a legal way because every player would have a chance of obtaining/receiving a poke.

If ever this pushes through by some reason, I just hope they won't be returned via auctioning. It should be redistributed in a way that every player gets a fair chance. Possible ways of executing a fair redistribution of these lost pokes that I have come up with are as follows:

1. Weekend Event Prizes (mini-quests)
2. Mini-events (find npc, hide-n-seek)
3. Daily Pokemon Trivia (you HAVE to be a pokemon fan, I mean, come on)
4. Daily PWO Trivia (you HAVE to know PWO like the back of your head if you've lasted this long in the game)

Merse

Youngster
Re: Auction of the Lost Pokes

I still don't agree with allowing botted Pokemon into the game. This would only encourage botting. "Well, I'm botting on this separate account and by the time it gets banned I already got some of the botted Pokes I wanted on my main, and the rest I will get when they will be sold out form that banned account."
Selling away botted Pokemon would hurt the morale of the community badly. The problem is that getting an awesome Pokemon is supposed to take a huge effort. Or huge luck. But there is no effort behind botting. But why would we waste any time on hunting? Everyone just register 10 separated accounts (it isn't as difficult as one might think), bot on them till they get banned, then all we have to do is wait for the botted Pokemon to appear in the sellout list. So nobody has to take any effort into hunting, all we need are fake farms.
It would be the same like allowing duplicated starters or hacked money to be handed out by the staff for the players. Why? Why should hacking the game benefiting anyone?

Gobfather said:
A botter does not have increased rates, does not have spawning powers, does not have gaurunteed ivs, only thing they have advantage of is living their live while farming for endless hours.
And that's where you're wrong. First, a botter has the possibility to run several accounts simultaneously, multiplying his chances of finding something valuable. There were also cases when botters could influence what they find.

And Gob, call me an idealist, but I really would release my Pokes if I would know that they are botted - but of course I would expect the same from everyone else :)

Gobfather said:
Would I knowingly buy from a botter? Hmm No but, honestly it doesn't really seem to be a big deal, it is only a game you have to rembember, morality and feelings is really overkill. I would say no ofc because that would be against the rules. I mean isn't the goal here to have the best pokemon? Does a banned players pokemon really need to be locked away so no one can have him? For what benefit? For what purpose? Honestly, it is only a pokemon, it is only a game. :-\
Sorry, but the "everyone is botting, let's make a profit of it" attitude is simply unacceptable for me and I think it goes straight against the effort of the staff to make the game clean.
The only way I could imagine such auctions would be the case when a player retires with no intention of coming back, and he puts his Pokemon on sale. In this case the staff could organize the sale so the former player could leave in peace.

Gobfather

Oh merse.. really wish you would read more carefully and not so selectively.

All in all seems a pattern of too many people having issues with pokes being botted, was worth a shot ;D

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
There are a couple problems with this, and it has nothing to do with the aspect of the rich being the ones who benefit from it (that is, and will always be the case... the rich people who work hard get the best pokemon, it's how it should be).

Here are the problems I can see with this:
-Illegally obtained pokemon should be kept out of the game when possible, even if the majority of good pokemon currently in game are obtained through similar means. Just because the net can't catch the majority of the fish in the ocean, doesn't mean we should release the ones caught.
-It takes attention which can be better used for other tasks on the part of the staff, I don't see why any GM should be wasting time fishing through old accounts for cool pokemon.
-Obviously the pokemon taken from old accounts would be the best of the best, and I think it's a little extreme to hand them out willy nilly for in game events on a whim. It would also be unfair to those who weren't there at the time, something that I can't say would be on the same level as a small shiny stone or such.
-It takes away value and attention from recently caught pokemon, depleting the value of them, and would take a very high amount of money from the game (disrupting the natural flow of the economy in anything but very small doses)
-There could easily be corruption with this sort of thing, let's remember that a lot of the staff are still players, and if they are so inclined they could easily purposefully bring back a specific pokemon for their own benefit. (not saying this would happen, I put a lot of trust in the staff, but it's possible)
-It would enable people to get back their favorite pokemon on their banned accounts with a bit of luck. People like kurtis/shadowshiny I'm sure would love the opportunity to get back their banned stuff (not saying he's playing, just using it as an example). This would essentially defeat the purpose of banning them in the first place.

Merse

Youngster
Gobfather said:
Oh merse.. really wish you would read more carefully and not so selectively.
I find your lack of confidence in my reading abilities.... distrubing ;D
Care to elaborate? :p

EcoWOLFrb said:
-There could easily be corruption with this sort of thing, let's remember that a lot of the staff are still players, and if they are so inclined they could easily purposefully bring back a specific pokemon for their own benefit. (not saying this would happen, I put a lot of trust in the staff, but it's possible)
And such accusations already emerged in the past... I don't think the staff needs any more of those.

Gobfather

Merse said:
I find your lack of confidence in my reading abilities.... distrubing ;D
Care to elaborate? :p.

Your points were fair and logical(supporting botters mentality perhaps so), where I see it fall off is the other options i had made for redistrubiting the pokes. In the sense of players competing for the pokes, you bypass X botter returning to buy his very own poke. As well I had said only a few pokes, on a rare occasion, so the very likelyhood that for one a botters poke would be chose to be brought back is extremely low, and then there is the chance of winning that poke back in competition, another low chance.

The other part is misunderstanding what I said(though not properly delivered in first place). A botter has increased overall chance yes indeed that is fact plain and simple. I was reffering to the individual spawn rates of shinies and epic pokes they may be botting remain the same, by this i mean to point out that they are not gaurunteed shiny dratinis, they are not gaurunteed great pokes. I meant something else by bringing this up, but by this point i simply forgot ;D oh well

Now considering the short staff and dedicated staff to hold such things, that is something that I knew from the get-go as a HUGE reason this idea would hold a marginal chance of every being implemented (only was a fun idea discussing in xat and thought why not)

Mega.S

In my opinion is better staff "create" a new pokemon and auction it than take illegal obtainable pokemons from a banned acounts.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
I'm watching the discussion... I think any of these pokémons shouldn't get / back in game (created by staff and illegal obtained ones); they should never existed. First off the idea seem pretty cool (for legal obtained ones), but looking into it seems only more work for GMs because it would be so hard to trace their pedigree, as Zebra told. And because we have too many pokémons purchased from illegal methods doesn't mean we need more. :p

Merse

Youngster
Gob:
Gobfather said:
In the sense of players competing for the pokes, you bypass X botter returning to buy his very own poke. As well I had said only a few pokes, on a rare occasion, so the very likelyhood that for one a botters poke would be chose to be brought back is extremely low, and then there is the chance of winning that poke back in competition, another low chance.
True, individually you may have only a slight chance. But if you look at the community as a whole, this could encourage players for botting, as some of the botted Pokes would eventually come back into the system. Even if the original botter is not the one who gets the Poke, the overall value of that particular Pokemon will be lowered because one more will be around in the game. Julio's point above is very much valid here. We already have too many Pokemon caught and their value is rapidly dropping. We don't need even more Pokes in the system... And that's the main problem. Cheating in the game shouldn't be allowed to leave an effect in the whole game. It is bad enough in my opinion that not every botted Pokemon can be tracked down and deleted, but if you would let others from botting to come back to the game, the impact of botting would be even bigger on the game, and that should be avoided.

Gob:
Gobfather said:
I was reffering to the individual spawn rates of shinies and epic pokes they may be botting remain the same, by this i mean to point out that they are not gaurunteed shiny dratinis, they are not gaurunteed great pokes.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there were hacks that guaranteed shiny, or that helped you to duplicate Pokemon, so all you need is one Dratini, then you have endless Dratinis.

Nikola

Youngster
I always wanted to see several pokes auctioned. Especially one which is banned for a while. That pokemon isn't shiny but personally id give absurd amount money for it. I am sure there are many pokemon where people would overpay for it several times over. There used to be similar auction back in the day held by Bis. As you can see, banned pokemon were sold. Two key things were different then now. Amount of shiny pokemon ingame was God knows how much lower then today and amount of money was just ridiculous. The auction was made to remove some of the money from the game iirc. What happens when I think rationally without letting my emotions to involve...I also see that there are already way too many "special" pokemon ingame. The number is just ridiculous. Why have an auction while in reality there are already way too many pokemon ingame? Why those pokemon are banned in a first place? Why would you return them ingame? Shiny Pokemon have already had their value stretched thin due to how many illegitimately-obtained ones have been injected into the market. Those that are custodially locked into ban accounts are only the tip of the iceberg of how many shouldn't exist at all.
-If auction is meant to happen, I would like to see only token store pokemon auctioned, those ones purchased after the fix for cloning was made. How can you tell if they are valid otherwise? Is there a red/green indicator telling you if pokemon is botted or no? Return of a banned pokemon ingame for a sake of ...? Ambition? no need for it? syntax error?. Unbanning a Pokemon where you can't determinate if its obtained legally or not is definitely not wise thing to do. Not bashing at the game here, just saying generally. Even if you unban at least one pokemon which is obtained illegaly would be PWO great shame.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
I don't know if I'm saying something stupid. But if possible, the concept could also be applied to inactive accounts or only to them. I know that only because they are inactive don't mean the pokémons contained into them are legally obtained. Anyway it was a throught and I throw it out. :p