Redistribution of the Lost Pokes

[color=#000000:7y90kqqh]Would you like to see banned pokemon redistributed?[/color:7y90kqqh]

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Gobfather

Many many many great pokemon are lost souls left to rot in a banned players PC :'( The idea is simple: Gather A FEW worthy pokemon from banned accounts, and hold auction of those pokes that would otherwise never see the light of day ever again. Say a staff member could hold an auction that lasts through a weekend held possibly every, or every other weekend, and players could simply bid on banned pokemon and putting them back in circulation ;D

After much people disagreeing with auction as only rich will get it I'd like to redirect attention to sub idea here:

Seperate idea for redistrubution is through say mini forum games, trivia, where player could recieve points winner gets pokes.
This could be say new Forum Games! Where players compete in trivia, or some other type of eccentric forum game, Hide n seek in game, mini events find npc, or hunt for certain items first to obtain all gets pokes, mini events, challenges, etc winner getting pokemon. This is what I beleive could be made into a fun staff community driven idea to fairly distribute a few good pokemon. For instance a GM gathers say 3 pokemon from banned pokemon and a game is hosted, a competition of some sort, where the top 3 winners can recieve some really good pokemon, or the winners could collect points and return next time to compete for those really good pokemon like say S meta s chan. Please I lack creativity, though I feel this could spark a much better idea from someone who has it, a more fair way to handle this idea i suppose.

It is a seed idea, am hoping someone with more creativity can lead off from the ideas (mostly hoping for contests for pokes)

Masta

Re: Auction of the Lost Pokes

i voted yes,this is a great idea.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator

This has been done in the past. It was dropped.

Masta

why was it dropped?.Sorry but this suggestions topic is a waste of time,people put suggestions and you just shoot them down.After all we players pay the majority for servers,shouldnt you at least see what the majority of the players say before saying no this and no that?,after all without us there would be no game.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator

Just looked over, can't find the topic where it was originally raised up - at a guess, one possible reason is related to the member of staff who was dealing with it at the time going inactive.

I don't see how my previous post was necessarily shooting it down.

Masta

i didnt say just this topic?.just in general.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com

I like and dislike the idea. I like because we can get back those really epics and shiny pokémons; which ones has high catch rate. As in some cases of players who illegally obtain large amounts of pokedollar and buy several pokémon and then get a record ban. But there is a problem in my point of view, what to do with the money offered for the pokémon if the "seller" is banned? I don't know if in the past it was done that way, but withdrawing money from the game to get pokémons back isn't cool. I believe this point needs to be improved. :p

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com

There is also the fact that these accounts were banned for a reason, I for one am not having pokemon obtained illegally coming back into the game.

Masta

thats true julio about your last point.

Gobfather

julio2503 said:
...but withdrawing money from the game to get pokémons back isn't cool. I believe this point needs to be improved. :p

You raise a fine point here that has me quite stumped. In this current community there is no sound solution. In a better sense I would suggest the staff member hold the cash and redistribute via events, events like forum games like riddles tallying points, forum pokemon trivia, ingame hunts for items or npcs, hide and seek, many of these small events would give back to the community and give the community a lot more involvement (something that has really fallen short) very quick and easy to assemble . Or even skip the auction and the reward for these events, being banned pokemon.

And to chocobo, think about it like real life. A man goes around stealing dogs and cats and any other pets he can steal. He then takes them back to to his little shed and locks them up keeping them for both collection and to scam people to get their pets back. One day he gets caught and arrested, the cops should just leave them in that shed? :s those poor animals should be redistrubated to the community where they will belong somewhere making someone happy and living a happy lives themselves. Lol i thought that was a silly idea ;p but more seriously when murderers, burglarers, criminals are put away, their illegally obtained items are all put up for auction. Allowing for these items that legitamate in themselves, to not just collect dust in some warehouse. I mean to keep them out of cirulation is honestly sellfish :/ By buying the pokemon or earning the pokemon makes it then legitemate.

CheckeredZebra

Youngster

I think the main reason it was dropped was because it was a pain for the person that was doing it.

Anyway...removing money from the game entirely isn't bad. It actually combats inflation, which if left unchecked can be a huge problem. (Pokeballs, revives, teleporters, and the transport system all help to keep it from getting out of control.)

Choco's issue of illegally obtained pokemon is a larger issue at hand. Unless their pedigree can be traced (which could be a waste of time) I wouldn't want them back in the game either; too many of them can hurt supply/demand and if enough of them are in the game it can completely unbalance the market little by little....even if they -aren't- traded around.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator

Personally I don't think it's a good idea at all, and the reason has been stated already. Pokemon gained by hacking/speeding whatever illegal methods should not be allowed back into the game. There are enough ingame already due to the policy of not punishing players for legitimate trades- which I'm not judging but the fact stands that there are too many illegally obtained pokemon ingame as it is. Staff might as well just spawn X pokemon and auction it as auction hacked pokemon to players.

DISCLAIMER: Just my opinion guys, does not necessarily reflect the official position of PWO. :)

Gobfather

Why must staff that most arent even members of a game always be so pessimistic Dx

It's really not that harmful of an idea as you make it out to be. Already as is the bulk of the people who actually stay playing this game ARE BOTTERS and the vast majority of pokes ARE illegaly obtained, either way the botter isn't the one benefiting from this your PLAYERS are, the legitimate players are, so I really don't see how this is a "moral" issue. Picture this, a player like don_quijote is banned, and his S meta is chosen (one of many pokes) to be redistributed. Maybe not by auction, maybe by a small ingame or in forum event /game / hunt / contest, winner gets this poke. This gives back to the community, this gets the community involved in actually competing for something, something else to do, with an actually GOOD prize. I am not saying all pokes, one staff member could choose a just few pokes scattered between accounts, its an idea that could be changed around to make a better compromise here. ;D

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator

I'm not sure which staff you mean. We were all players before we became staff, and for myself I have still been playing pretty much daily since I became staff as well. I speak up in discussions like this mostly as a player with opinions on how I think it will effect my game- and I've never enjoyed watching people bot while I get my pokemon the slow way. I doubt many would.

Again you say that the 'good' players would benefit. But what is stopping players who still bot and have illegally gained money from bidding- or taking part in the events that we put these prizes up on? So as much as it would be a chance for the 'good' players to gain a rare and strong pokemon like the shiny meta you are talking about, it is also a chance for it to go straight back into the hands of a cheat. So again I just think it's best to keep the banned accounts locked so as many illegally obtained pokemon remain out of the game as possible. Just my opinion, I doubt all staff share it whether they play the game a lot themselves or not.

Tendou

I don't think thats a good way to ignore every issue that pokemon's back life had just to get a rarer and strongest pokemon as you are also ignoring banned players saying his/her real money and time-consuming were useless and it may mean indirectly or directly about staff isn't caring for any of yours, you can be wishing a good poke that had no fault being in possess from a rule breaker but how mad you were supposed to be if it was with you if gob had banned status by example (i know a bit of you and you would indeed be mad)? In my opinion if i was supposed to be banned and vanishes for like a year and once i come back to see a topic about the give away of my "s metas, s starmies, s scizors, s tyranitars" and such I would indeed thinks my money was wasted for nothing and plus, like i said, i would be thinking staff isn't and won't be caring about anyone.

It is also like an item that went rare and returns back once again after *input high number here* years for new players cause they "missed" the chance to get such item.

I don't know how pwo staff deals with suspicious pokemons but i can tell you that's not and will never be the best option for any game.

Gobfather

Honestly that little small chance seems way too marginal and pointless to make it so no one can have nice things.

@Tendou, how is simply being banned not wasting your own money? If you waste money on a game and cheat you are the one wasting your money, you gave up rights to your earnings, that is your own fault you must deal with that, sellfish to sit there pleased seeing that you cheated and your pokemon are kept on your cheating account...

This is a real life option that happens in real life, a person cheats in real life gets arrested and those illegally obtained things are auctioned off to highest bidder, it's fun and works out. Gives back to the community and helps even out the markets, and in pwo expanding upon this idea could be something rather interesting and these games who knows small steps towards buidling this community more and more.

Merse

Youngster

As I see it, if a player left the game but he played fairly, his team should be left intact, as he may come back any time, or if the two years have passed and his account is deleted, it would harm his legacy if his Pokes would be sold out.
If the player was banned, so he was breaking the rules, then we can assume that most of his Pokemon were the result of his cheating either by directly obtaining them, or obtaining the resources with which he bought those very good Pokes. Either way, I think those Pokemon should not be allowed back into the game. If they were acquired by botting, then they are clearly from cheating, they shouldn't even exist in the first place. If they were obtained from another player thanks to the resources accumulated by cheating, then the community was already compensated for the loss of that great Pokemon by paying its price on the market.
Although I agree that another "money sink" would be a great idea, I just can't see a way that this could work fairly. Not to mention that this method would only help the already rich players to became richer as they would be the ones who get the best Pokemon from those dead accounts.

Gobfather

To all that players that seem to have a huge issue with a pokemon being "illegally obtained"..I am curious and I ask you why? Why does this bother you?

@Merse and all others of the same thought pattern here: If you were able to see how many botted pokemon there are already in your very own pokedex, and it turned out to be that half of them were, would you allow a GM to take it away from you?

I really really don't see how big of an issue legitemately getting a pokemon that somone "illegally obtained" is. I mean just a good explanation if you may as to how that is really a bother, as is it seems you are all for "ignorance is bliss" being that a very high amount of pokemon in current circulation ARE botted, and I highly doubt you would just release your pokes upon finding 50% them to be "illegally obtained"

I personally find all pokemon, well pokemon. If someone botted my pokemon, then so what, I bought it thank you seller for saving me the hunting hours. A botter does not have increased rates, does not have spawning powers, does not have gaurunteed ivs, only thing they have advantage of is living their live while farming for endless hours. Would I knowingly buy from a botter? Hmm No but, honestly it doesn't really seem to be a big deal, it is only a game you have to rembember, morality and feelings is really overkill. I would say no ofc because that would be against the rules. I mean isn't the goal here to have the best pokemon? Does a banned players pokemon really need to be locked away so no one can have him? For what benefit? For what purpose? Honestly, it is only a pokemon, it is only a game. :-\

Another note, how in my other idea ( a seed idea if you will, one I hoped someone more creative could lead off with) about having mini events or games, how would rich be gaurunteed to win those?

Legend1112

I like the idea but don't like the idea of auctioning them off because by auctioning them off it allows the richest players to gain the best pokemon once again. If they were to do this it would be better to do a mini-event in which all players have equal chance of winning. Another thing is some of the pokemons in banned account have right-full owners in which they were scammed from by couldn't supply evidence of trade taking place (I for one is in that category), but imagine how some players would feel knowing that your pokemon that got scammed from you is going into a mini-event and going to another account simply because you didnt supply enough evidence or win the mini-event.

If this were to go ahead which is unlikely, a lot of consideration would need to go into it to see which were illegally obtained e.g by Botting and which were obtained legally but scammed through players

p.s sorry if doesnt make sense what was written, i've written it half asleep and tried to put as much thought into it

I.Am

Oh lets see. Take pokes from banned players and sell it to rich players ? ( Rich player : Shut up and take my money )Doesnt that sounds like desperate for epic pokes ?

No offense. I said no to this suggestion because its like you digging someone grave who just died (banned) to take their stuff (pokes) out. If S Hitmonchan inside banned account let it be and go hunt or wait another hunter caught it. Dont be lazy or just go spam that shinies from Token Store with all money you got if lazy.

P/S : I saw someone caught S Hitmonlee today. Go buy that poke rich playaa ! :D