PWO Source and what not.

knotzl02

ArcticSun said:
You can check the reason of your ban on the Playerdex. If you wish to make an appeal, feel free to do so on the Playerdex under the appeal section.

ROFL that gets hilarious XD

mad30

Youngster
KeyboardWarrior said:
Bluerise is going to ban people who change their passwords for using my bot,

Why would anyone ban someone for changing their passwords because they used your bot... when he could just ban them for you know... using A BOT.

Canibus

Mad I thought you were smarter than that. Bluerise doesn't know who has been using the bot, hence hes been spreading a rumor that shanes bot has a keylogger, and that they should change their passwords.

Once they change their passwords, bluerise will know whose been botting. Hell I'm pretty sure hes gonna ban a bunch of innocent people on a hunch too..

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Canibus said:
Mad I thought you were smarter than that. Bluerise doesn't know who has been using the bot, hence hes been spreading a rumor that shanes bot has a keylogger, and that they should change their passwords.

Once they change their passwords, bluerise will know whose been botting. Hell I'm pretty sure hes gonna ban a bunch of innocent people on a hunch too..

Bluerise is not the one spreading rumours here.

AndyMister

he ignored me, I'm banned. He will not unban me. He did not hear the story of others.

Canibus

HitmonFonty said:
Canibus said:

Bluerise is not the one spreading rumours here.
Uh, we all saw it on his twitter page of him claiming Shanes bot had a keylogger. How senile are you, old man?

Obviously Shane has no purpose of putting a keylogger in a bot he made WHILE HE WAS DEV lmfao he had access to the entire DB already. PWO staff #1

It looks like the tweet was deleted after this thread was made but I'm tired of you interjecting all the time when you do not know any thing, hitmon.

mad30

Youngster
Canibus said:
Mad I thought you were smarter than that.

I am absolutely not, and just to reinforce I am not is for the life of me I can't seem to figure out why PRO associated people are still around PWO when PRO is suppose to be superior. (Please don't ban me for saying PRO).

Canibus

mad30 said:
Canibus said:

I am absolutely not, and just to reinforce I am not is for the life of me I can't seem to figure out why PRO associated people are still around PWO when PRO is suppose to be superior. (Please don't ban me for saying PRO).

Because PWO people keep talking about us

(examples like the ss nikola posted of bluerise reading peoples PM's and talking about them to staff, like violating privacy by reading off matis pm, or stuff like this http://prntscr.com/5doe4q), and dumb questions like yours keep getting brought up to us. All us PRO people got banned already.

mad30

Youngster
Canibus said:
mad30 said:
Canibus said:

Because PWO people keep talking about us
I say let them. Let them be the bad guys who try to censor others and be prejudice like dictators. Responding in the way you do actually makes them look better and you guys like little kids (see this quote). I am very interested in PRO, but I question if the staff will be any more mature than PWO's in both attitude and experience. At least PWO try to hide insults they throw where as so far PRO staff seemly enjoy insulting others on this forum. (Both teams have terrible PR)

I am going to stop responding from this point on. I was just looking to passive aggressively poke around with word play, not start up an argument with someone who appears to only be on this forum to argue and has no other business in being on this forum.

Canibus

Well heres the thing guy, we aren't insulting pwo as PRO reps, we're insulting pwo as former PWO players who have been wronged. You should learn the difference, because not once in my posts have i mentioned PRO until you brought it up. Also its funny, only reason I have no other business being on this forum, was because I was wrongly banned by a gang of children with 113 tokens on my account.

also lets not forget this " and dumb questions like yours keep getting brought up to us. All us PRO people got banned already." As I posted just to respond to yourself. It seems you're trying a bit too hard to stir trouble, you arent as smart as you'd like to think. Everyone knows your scheme by your selective quoting.

I mean, obviously you're upset after I made you feel like an idiot for asking this question
mad30 said:
KeyboardWarrior said:
Bluerise is going to ban people who change their passwords for using my bot,

Why would anyone ban someone for changing their passwords because they used your bot... when he could just ban them for you know... using A BOT.

Doesn't mean you need to get all sandy.

mad30

Youngster
tumblr_mfuscaa0tq1qcxtm5o4_250.gif

tumblr_mfuscaa0tq1qcxtm5o5_250.gif

tumblr_mfuscaa0tq1qcxtm5o6_250.gif

Arnie

Im still not banned btw (just saying)

Also the only reason im still hanging around is A. I like gossip (who doesnt), and B. Im scouting for talent.

Canibus

mad30 said:

What anger? I just like pointing out hypocrisy like I see it. Just like you were an admin, but still made inappropriate posts as mad30, so you wouldnt be seen as a "rep for PWO". When I do that and not mention pro at all, and just respond to your dumb question, you get all sandy lmao. Also what happened to not responding? Sounds like you're the angry one friend :)

KarasuroKun

PWO Composer
Game Editor
Website
bb089.bandcamp.com
As seen in many cases, not-related to PWO or even the game industry. What a person says in personal life reflects heavily on their professional life. Until we, as a whole, realize that what we say can harm, in any way, what we do, we need to be aware of what we are saying.

Even when I'm writing this, I'm always looking back through it and making sure I am not breaking Forum rules 1st. Or that the context and subject remains center. Also, because I personally try to reduce conflict between others and myself, I try to make sure I do not offend people personally. It's because I care about the user, I care about PWO, and I want to make sure I can help out wherever I can. Anyone can pick at my posts and bring up conflicts, if it is something taken out of context I will elaborate or redact my statement. If it is something I may have said that someone corrects me on because I didn't have enough knowledge in it, I will apologize and correct my error by re-informing myself on the matter. Why? because as a PWO staff member, I represent PWO. My name is associated with it. I will do whatever I can to make sure PWO isn't ridiculed due to my discrepancies.

If any one member of staff takes action and other staff members think it was wrong, we can discuss it internally and, if agreed upon, reverse the action. This is why there is no hierarchy in staff. I'm just a composer.. I should only be allowed to work on the music right? No. I'm constantly bringing ideas to the table in design, code, moderation, etc. My position just states that this is my main job and that's what I do for PWO. Botting of any kind is not allowed, period. This is stated in the rules, if you are caught in the act, you WILL be banned. That's the rules, even staff abide by them. If you cheat or exploit a bug, same thing. We don't have a rule about it now but we really need to add one.. if you inform us of a person botting but refuse to give a name, this would be considered "withholding evidence" which by most all countries is an offense and should result in punishment of some kind. The person maybe receive a temp ban until the issue is cleared. (Much like being arrested and taken in for questioning) That isn't dictatorship, that isn't communism, that is just normal justice system. If you have issues with that, post a suggestion on how to make it better. Whining has never solved anything. Ever.

The release of the VB client was Shane's choice. It may or may not effect PWO heavily but it will not stop PWO from evolving and expanding as long as there are members of staff willing to create content for the players. For You! All we ask is for support while we work, to encourage us to continue, and to help keep the servers open so that you all can play while we finish it. That's all we really ask for deep down. Or at least that's what I think.

Boora

Youngster
KarasuroKun said:
As seen in many cases, not-related to PWO or even the game industry. What a person says in personal life reflects heavily on their professional life. Until we, as a whole, realize that what we say can harm, in any way, what we do, we need to be aware of what we are saying.

Even when I'm writing this, I'm always looking back through it and making sure I am not breaking Forum rules 1st. Or that the context and subject remains center. Also, because I personally try to reduce conflict between others and myself, I try to make sure I do not offend people personally. It's because I care about the user, I care about PWO, and I want to make sure I can help out wherever I can. Anyone can pick at my posts and bring up conflicts, if it is something taken out of context I will elaborate or redact my statement. If it is something I may have said that someone corrects me on because I didn't have enough knowledge in it, I will apologize and correct my error by re-informing myself on the matter. Why? because as a PWO staff member, I represent PWO. My name is associated with it. I will do whatever I can to make sure PWO isn't ridiculed due to my discrepancies.

If any one member of staff takes action and other staff members think it was wrong, we can discuss it internally and, if agreed upon, reverse the action. This is why there is no hierarchy in staff. I'm just a composer.. I should only be allowed to work on the music right? No. I'm constantly bringing ideas to the table in design, code, moderation, etc. My position just states that this is my main job and that's what I do for PWO. Botting of any kind is not allowed, period. This is stated in the rules, if you are caught in the act, you WILL be banned. That's the rules, even staff abide by them. If you cheat or exploit a bug, same thing. We don't have a rule about it now but we really need to add one.. if you inform us of a person botting but refuse to give a name, this would be considered "withholding evidence" which by most all countries is an offense and should result in punishment of some kind. The person maybe receive a temp ban until the issue is cleared. (Much like being arrested and taken in for questioning) That isn't dictatorship, that isn't communism, that is just normal justice system. If you have issues with that, post a suggestion on how to make it better. Whining has never solved anything. Ever.

The release of the VB client was Shane's choice. It may or may not effect PWO heavily but it will not stop PWO from evolving and expanding as long as there are members of staff willing to create content for the players. For You! All we ask is for support while we work, to encourage us to continue, and to help keep the servers open so that you all can play while we finish it. That's all we really ask for deep down. Or at least that's what I think.

what about the right to privacy, ahm reading our pms....
what about banning someone because he didn't make his own account about 2 years ago, and when saying it openly on irc (not even knowing it was against the rules)
getting banned, a loyal 2 years player, just because when he started a friend made his acc for him,

"it will not stop PWO from evolving and expanding as long as there are members of staff willing to create content for the players. For You! All we ask is for support while we work, to encourage us to continue, and to help keep the servers open so that you all can play while we finish it. That's all we really ask for deep down. Or at least that's what I think."

i actually feel bad for the people believing you , i honestly do,
from 2,500 something online players you now have -50 at most,
most people got tired of no big update until client is finished becasue we cant (while no client was made for hella of alot of time )
but that's understanble ,i can stand this , i mean this is a none profit game and you cant hire a developer , but AT the very least, we as the players were pleading with the staff over and over to at least do weekly or monthly tournnys, in-game events, BUT NADA maybe one tourny a year and a one mini event once every 3 month? was it. and let us not talk about all the crashes and rollbacks at least 10 times a day, back then, we as players didn't have a problem accepting all of that, as long as we had a show of faith that this game going to get better, something to show that the staff cares, and yet it didn't come, all we saw was "new pdex is coming"
took what, 2 years ?, and after all of that , from 2500 online we had around what, 200-300 ? , and then shane came back, in one month he did what none of you guys did in years, and what happened ? as i'm not staff and wasn't there, i can only say what i've heard which i wont, beacuse its pointless, lets just say there was a fight and shane had to leave.
thats is still somehow OK, even after Everything , there were still around 500 people playing ? but then you had to go and read our bloody Pm's, Couldn't stay away could you, , so now you cant download the client and register, we went down to 100 people , and EVEN THEN you somehow found a way to ban 50 of them ,for the most outrages stuff which is funny beacuse its clearer then water why they were actually banned, who gives a rats **** if they play a different game ?
and dont give me the crap about thye were banned beacuse of the trades with that guy, thats bull,

i feel like making a thread in the suggestion forum and calling it "whats the point", and i'm not alone in this.

and Fyi, this is coming from someone who only heard about the "other game " i have to be carefull because if i'l say the 3 words the community will drop to 49 ,
YEsterday.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
No. of registered accounts in past 24 hours: 414
No. of active accounts in past 24 hours: 1,987

Right now there are 130 people online and chat is active, it is active almost all day every day since registration re-opened. I watch over it a lot of the time and rarely are there long periods of quiet like there were when registration was closed. The game has been more active in the past, yes, and I have little doubt it will be again. We are constantly working on the game and with recruiting and training going on as we speak our activity level will certainly rise further in 2015, encouraging more and more players to stay after registering and trying the game out.

2014 has been a very good year for us, with many updates moving towards now public goals. It also saw the decline in the amount of botters ingame which players from over a year ago will remember that rumour even comes close to making it today. We are committed to continuing on with our success in this and keep the game fair for players who abide by the rules by doing the best we can to keep those who don't from gaining advantage over players who do. As for privacy, the terms were updated prior to re-opening registration and the command which enabled GMs to read PMs ingame removed- the problem was recognised and the correct action taken.

We still haven't been able to do everything, maybe a lot of things, that players desire. We recognise that and are as eager for faster progress as all of you are. I started playing mid 2009 and have continued to play at least as much since I became staff as beforehand. I want the progress to be as fast as possible and my job as staff helps me express that more directly on everyone's behalf. But I'm not alone, we all want the game to go forward as fast as possible and are always working towards that goal. Regardless of what we want though, the reality of PWO has always been a need of patience. Maybe one day we will get updates out faster than players can keep up but that day hasn't arrived yet, in the meantime all I can assure you all of is that we do put all the time in we can and also do our best to organise that time so it gets used as efficiently as possible.

Boora

Youngster
HitmonFonty said:
No. of registered accounts in past 24 hours: 414
No. of active accounts in past 24 hours: 1,987

Right now there are 130 people online and chat is active, it is active almost all day every day since registration re-opened. I watch over it a lot of the time and rarely are there long periods of quiet like there were when registration was closed. The game has been more active in the past, yes, and I have little doubt it will be again. We are constantly working on the game and with recruiting and training going on as we speak our activity level will certainly rise further in 2015, encouraging more and more players to stay after registering and trying the game out.

2014 has been a very good year for us, with many updates moving towards now public goals. It also saw the decline in the amount of botters ingame which players from over a year ago will remember that rumour even comes close to making it today. We are committed to continuing on with our success in this and keep the game fair for players who abide by the rules by doing the best we can to keep those who don't from gaining advantage over players who do. As for privacy, the terms were updated prior to re-opening registration and the command which enabled GMs to read PMs ingame removed- the problem was recognised and the correct action taken.

We still haven't been able to do everything, maybe a lot of things, that players desire. We recognise that and are as eager for faster progress as all of you are. I started playing mid 2009 and have continued to play at least as much since I became staff as beforehand. I want the progress to be as fast as possible and my job as staff helps me express that more directly on everyone's behalf. But I'm not alone, we all want the game to go forward as fast as possible and are always working towards that goal. Regardless of what we want though, the reality of PWO has always been a need of patience. Maybe one day we will get updates out faster than players can keep up but that day hasn't arrived yet, in the meantime all I can assure you all of is that we do put all the time in we can and also do our best to organise that time so it gets used as efficiently as possible.

fonty, i respect you , i almost never agree with you, but i do respect you,
the thing is , you have to stop nitpicking your answers,
FOR GOD SAKES, there are around one and a half Active guilds in the game,
the 5 minutes i'm online a week, i have to actually have fun with the chat to get them even talking.
And we both know the numbers of active accounts per day mean nothing, you have tons of people downloading the game because an online pokemon game sounds fun
doing the gyms and leaving, or the botts, because if you think 414 actuall people registered (no doubles or bots) you're delusional., and sorry , not 50, 130, but guess waht i forgot to include the Bottters, so hey, we're right back at 50.
Fonty,all i'm saying is, you people have to stop pretending you manage a big game, and face the reality that this game is dead
so instead of giving me answers like you did, do something to actually get people into the game,
i do agree with you that pwo has always needed patience, But why not in the mean time, hold events, hold tournys, have some fun,
Why has it come to a point where The player have to orginaze thier own events, and the rewards come from them as well,
its absurd , honestly, i can go on for hours, but its pointless, please fonty prove me wrong,
there's this insane idea right now on the forums about making Shiny pokemons into tokens and after you redeem enough you can turn your own pokemon into a shiny
(horrible explanation, i assume you saw it its on this forum)
its simple enough to do, wont get in to how to do it,
do it, as simple as that, go on your staff chats and get it done, it shouldn't take more then a week even with testing,
and there are pretty much no downsides what so ever if you price it right, (1000 for hr, 500 vr etc, your choice)
every single Shiny in the game will Instantly jump in price to my guess is 1m , so it'll cost a bill or HARD HARD work and grinding to change an hr into shiny hr.
but it will not hurt balancing what so ever, its just something new todo and have fun with ,
but we both know it wont happened, or it'll in about a year, even tho ITS SIMPLE AS F , excuse me.

that's just one idea of many many, that are easy to do and will make this game alive again,

but you'd rather keep doing your mapping project that in his current speed (map a month?) will take pretty much forever.
and still make more problems then it'll solve,

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
What I can't understand is... Why we don't see changes ? being a volunteer or not, some of you are here as if PWO were part of your lifes, that goes for you Fonty, having a family while being an old man, makes me think lots of things about you. If you do nothing, people will leave, as simple as that, there are NO excuses, if you want to do something you will do it without having to give explainations. The xmas event (for example), as someone said in my topic, you can easily take the same map, the same npcs but implement a diff reward... and thats it! You'll see every pwo player HAPPY! No need to make new maps to give some fun to the community. You seem to discuss a lot of things being the scenes, but you should act more and talk less. Forget the other pokemon online game, forget it and focus on your own game, don't make the staff of PRO look bad, because that MAKES YOU look bad, focus on your own game and do something to bring it back alive.

EDIT
Don't take everything as an offence, I don't even know you, so how would I have something personal against you? I have NOTHING personal against you (the staff), but I disagree a lot with the way you're leading the game and the way you are currently working on it (2013 - 2014), I've seen a lot of you using player's words as a shield to protect yourself or justify the lack of your actions on the progress of pwo, one of you said that the personal actions are the reflect of the way you work on a proffesional job, so ? ;).

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
I'll try to just respond to a couple of points here to avoid the nit-picking I've been accused of. :) The reason I responded in the first place was not to nit-pick but to point out misinformation about the amount of active players we have, which is easily seen on the playerdex and by me ingame every day. Others are also saying it on other posts around the forums, and I prefer not to have misinformation that leads to false assumptions go unchallenged here.

We have had a good year as I said, but you say we see no changes? If we listed them out, every update we brought into the game this year, would you then just say they were all pointless? Nearly everyone has a different opinion on what is important for the game. When I was a player there was almost zero input from players, and that is what the game was like for over half its lifetime. We now accept, encourage, and dare I say, thrive on player input now so it has been a huge turnaround. However whereas before we had say at most a dozen staff at any given time with input into the game- and not without arguments, lol!- we now have dozens if not hundreds of players with opinions to put in. So just like me as a staff member watching updates go forth I don't like, or having to wait extended periods of time for what seems like the simplest of things to be added, players now have to share that frustration too. Some of your ideas might not end up in the game, others may be fantastic and seem like they are too easy to put in, but there may be issues you aren't considering. Even if there aren't there are other projects on the go that need to be done yesterday before the new ideas, however simple, can be considered properly and added.

Time is always the issue here. Volunteer work-hours. We put in what we can when we can.

It's no surprise that the guild activity is down. We are now charging to run the guilds and have yet to implement any decent rewards for being in one, nor any ingame features that would make being in a guild more desirable. You mentioned players having to run their own events, the same has been the case for guilds, but now plans are in the works for that to be less the case but creating and being in a guild will be worth doing for its own sake with custom features, rewards and a built in competitive aspect to them. As with everything, it will take time but will be worth it in the end. Guilds will rise again. :)

Also mentioned was the christmas event. We made a simple event last year and have been working on a better one this year. As often happens real life has slowed things down but content staff have been working hard to make it happen still, it will just be a little longer- a day or two at most.

Finally, I look forward to seeing the other online game happen, as many other staff have openly expressed as well. There are enough players going around the internet for every pokemon game and competition is a healthy thing. We don't have issues with the game, only spam and aggression from players, this is a Pokemon World and that means Peace. :)