PWO Source and what not.

Merse

Youngster
Sorry for being pessimistic Fonty, but all the major changes were linked to Shane, maybe except of the new moves, but I'm not completely sure about that either. Now that he is gone and Hardcoreh is as (in)active as usual - haven't heard anything from the guy in 2 months - I can't see any reason for being optimistic. Especially that Shane is working with his team on a new MMO. And PWO staff does what it did in the past two years, asks even more time and patience and tries to sell minor changes as huge updates.
But as I see, there were no real steps forward without Shane and the current staff is yet to prove that we can expect anything big from them in the considerable future. Doing minor updates and reassess what you already have (re-spawn project) cannot really be counted as a major development...

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com
Ever since I've noticed the server status has been updated to use a % system instead of actual numbers, it gives the impression the server capacity has been increasingly lowered (not that long ago the max capacity used to be around 750 iirc, now it's slightly less than half that amount)... my question is if there were any particular reasons for such a change, if such was done as a way to fool newcomers so they don't get the impression this is a dying game (which is a hard to deny reality considering the numbers concerning how many people would normally be online last year and 2 years ago , going from what i remember) or if this ends up being more fuel to the theory regarding the owner possibly having more personal uses for the money that comes in from donations

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
KaiTheLoneWolf said:
Ever since I've noticed the server status has been updated to use a % system instead of actual numbers, it gives the impression the server capacity has been increasingly lowered (not that long ago the max capacity used to be around 750 iirc, now it's slightly less than half that amount)... my question is if there were any particular reasons for such a change, if such was done as a way to fool newcomers so they don't get the impression this is a dying game (which is a hard to deny reality considering the numbers concerning how many people would normally be online last year and 2 years ago , going from what i remember) or if this ends up being more fuel to the theory regarding the owner possibly having more personal uses for the money that comes in from donations

Probably the 2nd option... There are 2 volunteers that won't leave the game as if they were in a job and I don't understand it, if Pokemon is your passion, play the game don't ruin it with your lack of knowledge or mistakes... Plus, the owner of this game does nothing and I wonder why he does nothing considering that people DONATES to keep the game alive. Please give me a good answer for these 2 assumptions, I cannot think of anything else.