PWO Services: Welcome home one and all...

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
...for Pokemon World Online has returned stronger than before.

Over the past few days, the staff have been working on several updates that basically were made with the idea in mind of improving Pokemon World Online. So what are you waiting for? You better start reading as all players are affected.

Passwords
Passwords have been criticised in the past for being plain text however this is no longer the case. All passwords that were saved from the blank-out will have been converted and should work as normal. Now as for the blank-out - around 51% of accounts were affected by this. The blank-out is basically your account having no password, in order to access your account - you will need to do a password reset.

The reason behind us doing this blank-out relates to another password update that is a password strength bar. As of now - our systems will no longer allow passwords of less than 40% for password strength. The bar itself has been added to the registration and password change page.

Accounts
Any accounts last active before May 2010 have been removed. This has led to a big reduction in terms of database size.

Mart
With the downtime and other things going on, the Playerdex mart will be opened once we put the updated Playerdex live. This will not be the case for a good few weeks. Along with this, any Pokemon that were still remaining in the mart - 400+ of these have been returned back to their owners.

Membership and Token Issues
With regards to membership, anyone who had membership that expired during April, this will now expire on the 20th May. Anyone with membership expiring beyond April have had an extra 18 days added onto their membership.

As for Token Issues, we will be adding extra tokens to the original numbers of tokens you're gifted if you posted before this topic and your topic has not been bumped by either yourself or myself. If you posted the topic (or last bumped) in April, then we will be adding an extra 2 tokens otherwise for earlier we'll be adding an extra 3 tokens. We're also aiming to catch up on these over the next few days.

Thanks to everyone who supported us during the attacks.
Blue ~

king1234

Youngster
haha 1st to reply and wonderful update, it was worth the wait lol

JamesLDL

Bluerise said:
UltimateML1 said:
I wanna see the game up >:) , good job...
Will be back up in just under half an hour.

Nice, I can't wait to play >:) Good Job guys!
One question, so not everyone is going to reset their password right? Only the ones that were weak correct? C:)

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Unless you're in the 51% - you should be fine.

Lazybone90

I'm trying to change my password (it is 65% now) but the page is just loading, and loading, and loading... for about 10 minutes now... :S

Nikola

Youngster
Welcome back everyone. Its nice to see PWO lives. Good work everyone.

G

Great news and excellent job guys. You're time and effort is much appreciated. Hopefully the new updates will provide protection that will suffice the server's needs for future attacks. Great work.

Schwalkzvad

Very nice update. By the way, been having the same problem as Lazybone90. Trying to reset my password on three different browsers, but the browser keeps on loading until it finally stops working. Tried it again, still the same thing. What should I do?

raiga7

Just wanted to say I really admire and appreciate the hardwork and dedication the team put forward to bring PWO back.

G

Bluerise how i can change my password if i don't remember my e-mail's account?

Krysi

Local Scapegoat
Website
anilist.co
I was worried about the staff, I hope you didn't overwork yourselves too much. I've been watching over you from the shadows for the most part to see how things were progressing. I wish I could have helped you guys out with a little more than just supporting though. It's no fun just sitting on the side and waiting for everything to get worked out!

Regardless, I'm glad to be home. I missed you guys~

There's a pun in this post somewhere, but I think only Jinji would fully understand it.

ichoosemew

Woo hoo PWO is back and better than eva. Missed ya all and the game. Lets hope we have no more major issues and we can all enjoy PWO and have fun together ^-^ PWO 4EVA <3