PWO Services: Downtime

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Afternoon all

Recently one of our PCs which hosts the game and database suffered from several DDoS attack. Our web services had to go offline due to having no database to connect to.
As of a week ago, we moved over to a new host for the game and database.

All data has been transferred over and as such minor rollbacks are only expected.

Due to the change, a client update is required in order for you to access the game. This will be available as soon as possible. We will be aiming to have update 1.79 available by the close of Sunday, the game will follow a few hours later - a time will be confirmed once the downloads are available.

Download links are contained within the spoiler - You are required to download this update to access the game.
Due to the release of PWO 1.80, old download links have been removed. Refer to http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=25997 for the latest download links.
We currently plan to have the game online for Sunday, 1.45pm (UTC) however this may be revised. Should this occur, you will be informed.

To make up for the downtime, all players with membership due to expire from 23rd July are currently being given an 14 day extension. Any players with a minimum of 30 minutes of game time and last logged in from 16th July 2013 will be sent 1 token.
Membership has now been extended and tokens given out to people who met the necessary conditions.

A thanks also to those who waited and didn't use unacceptable language towards staff.

Apologises for the downtime.
Blue ~

Shiva~08

Thanx alot blue....! for binging the web services back....when will the game be online ???

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
BlazE_VipeR said:
Thanx alot blue....! for binging the web services back....when will the game be online ???
Due to the change, a client update is required in order for you to access the game. This will be available as soon as possible.

Shiva~08

Jinji said:
Kekeh! It's great to be back :D
Fells same here...! Really gr8 to be back.....now only thing left the game...! its been so long since i played PWO cant wait...!
Now i have the same feeling i had at the first time wen i found this awesome game and i din knw to register...! lol

Delusiah

I was a bit worried for awhile, there... Glad things are back to normal. Sorta. ^^,

SwordOfOblivion

Seeing all the people getting angry kinda upset me. They don't realize it's not easy at all maintaining this game...I swear ignorance is bliss for these people. Sorry that you good folks have to take so much crap. Thanks for the hard work! Been itching to play.

Tendou

First, I'm pretty sure we all are glad due PWO staff did never give up the game otherwise it was supposed to be already closed in 2011 i would thank you staff firstly than everything cause the issue wasn't your fault.

Second, this was expected to be longer hence why staff moved everything to other server and such. Im not worried about the game or when I will play all matters you won't be giving up sooner that means a lot for me.

Evilzent

Bluerise said:
Afternoon all

Recently one of our PCs which hosts the game and database suffered from several DDoS attack. Our web services had to go offline due to having no database to connect to.

Blue ~

Did they perform any other exploitation attacks after the DDoS attack? And did you try to trace the person who performed the DDoS attack?

Greatz,
EvilZent

The-Predator

Youngster
LeiNieL said:
what time? or when will the server be online again??
it is clearly stated that as soon as possible ¬¬ dont know why people keep making same question if answer will be the same, go to work or go get some fresh air, the game will be on today or maybe in 2 days or maybe in a month but it will be back on AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

-Edit* Thx staff keep doing ur thing we appreciate it

psychosamm

Youngster
Yay! Thank you guys for all your hard work! I know it may be hard sometimes dealing with all the jerks that expect miracles, but you guys really are appreciated! <3

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Soon™

We'll be up after internal testing and once a client update has been released to be able to use the new server. As Blue already said:

Bluerise said:
Due to the change, a client update is required in order for you to access the game. This will be available as soon as possible.

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
AND IT WAS ALL THANKS TO ME.
Just kidding, I sat around and did nothing.

Lee seriously deserves a vacation after this. Well, him and whoever else was heavily involved.