PWO Services: Downtime

PROMapperKnuckles

Youngster
LunaticJames said:
TheCrystalSteelix said:
knuckles002 said:
Valmagier said:
knuckles002 said:
Anyone else having problems with the downloads?

ALL of them are giving me virus threats found errors: Or missing stuff for them errors: Or not a win32 app error???
No problems here, all good.

Well this sucks....

Yeah I got like 6 virus alerts, so I'm a little worried if I'm honest
knuckles002 said:
I know the staff wouldnt give us something to harm us, I just don't know whats going on, can't get any of them to work:

Can't you use like MediaFire?

There are some weird parts to those links. Be careful to not download any "Downloaders" from them, as its silly. I just got the client from 'HipFile' after closing a false window.
I'll ask Lee later if we can use my Dropbox for a mirror, and maybe even Mediafire or something.

Great I appreciate it Luna, I'll check back later, time for some sleep :p

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Hey all,

Lee actually tasked me with creating and uploading the installer for the new version of PWO. However, I do not have my own Mediafire account; and attempts to upload the game to RapidShare for some reason kept failing.

I decided that in order to ensure that our game would be available from as many places as possible, in case any single site failed to deliver, I would use a multi-upload tool to send it to multiple online download services at once. However, of ten different services, the five links available here were the only ones that worked properly - others failed to upload or gave broken links.

If you're getting virus alerts, it's likely because your antivirus does not trust the reputation of some of the download sites. I actually removed a sixth link for doing the same to me. I can assure you that the download is completely safe; however, if your antivirus is warning you about a particular link, it would definitely be good practice to try another. I'm hoping soon we will have links at some more prominent download sites, which should help to resolve any issues. And Luna - I'm sure Lee will be fine with that ;)

PROMapperKnuckles

Youngster
Jinji said:
Hey all,

Lee actually tasked me with creating and uploading the installer for the new version of PWO. However, I do not have my own Mediafire account; and attempts to upload the game to RapidShare for some reason kept failing.

I decided that in order to ensure that our game would be available from as many places as possible, in case any single site failed to deliver, I would use a multi-upload tool to send it to multiple online download services at once. However, of ten different services, the five links available here were the only ones that worked properly - others failed to upload or gave broken links.

If you're getting virus alerts, it's likely because your antivirus does not trust the reputation of some of the download sites. I actually removed a sixth link for doing the same to me. I can assure you that the download is completely safe; however, if your antivirus is warning you about a particular link, it would definitely be good practice to try another. I'm hoping soon we will have links at some more prominent download sites, which should help to resolve any issues. And Luna - I'm sure Lee will be fine with that ;)

Great :p

However I did try them all, I may have done the tool thing luna was talking about so will have to retry them, but a I kept getting missing path errors and all sorts of problems that is why i asked for mediafire as i have found it the best and easiest in my opinion. I will retry in the morning thanks again staff for all the hard work.

Orean

Website
twitter.com
MistrzGier said:
Today or for the week?

Regarding the game uptime? Starting by the time mentioned in the post, the operational continuity of the game should be the same as it was before—it is meant to return to a playable state, thus it's meant to be continually playable after it is restarted. Whereafter it is restarted, however, maintenance periods/crashes may still take their pause of the playability of the game, by nature, but ultimately it is meant to be continually playable after it is restarted.

jbebad

It would be great if you could put the new file on a share that did not try to put ads and a lot of other junk on my computer. None of those sites make it easy to download. One of those I was able to get to download something, would not or could not find PWO179.exe to download. Have anyone tested these downloads using NON-Premium accounts? If you have, can you list which one, and the steps you took to get the file?

Thanks
jbebad

magyarlajk

I cant run the game. I got this message:

711428881N_vtelen_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.png

/I used the dropbox link/download.

Can you help me, thank you. :-[

Orean

Website
twitter.com
rafacoelho said:
where is the link to download the new version?

It's posted in the original post of this topic, on multiple file-sharing mirrors, contained within the spoiler.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Additional download links will be added shortly.

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
LunaticJames said:
I shall do so soon, Jinji. Uploading the PWO179.exe to my dropbox now.
And, I noticed that the download is just a .exe file. Normally Anti-viruses pick up lone .exe files as a threat because that's how some viruses latch into your computer. This can be fixed if it were in a zip folder then uploaded.

EDIT
<3

Also, if you're getting virus warnings it is most likely due to the file in Jinji's links being the full .exe file, many Anti Virus programs will flag all .exe's as dangerous regardless of what they contain.

Delusiah

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd... Now I've got it downloaded. First link worked for me. Hopefully I'll have time later to log in and see you all again once it's up. ^^

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
A few new download links have been added.

SViper

Website
www.facebook.com
It's cool, game back on business, but new client download sounds like version downgrade, because 1.8B>1.79. So why you did downgrade version?

Nikola

Youngster
magyarlajk said:
I cant run the game. I got this message:

711428881N_vtelen_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.png

/I used the dropbox link/download.

Can you help me, thank you. :-[

MSINET.OCX is a file required by many application in order to parse HTMLs. Download the file from here and put it in your system32 folder. If solution given isn't working try to do “regsvr32 MSINET.OCX” command via run option.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
narutofoxLT said:
It's cool, game back on business, but new client download sounds like version downgrade, because 1.8B>1.79. So why you did downgrade version?
I actually asked the same question when I heard the next version was being called 1.79. I don't know the logic behind it and neither I nor Blue made the decision; but Blue did tell me he thought our last version was 1.7B which I wasn't convinced was correct.