PWO is death!

KarashMaster92

Here is the honest opinion of who played some time pwo a few years ago and came back now, however much it takes to accept this is the reality in my opinion. The game did not have any significant evolution, at this time is a dead game, even now I was playing and there were 13 people online, and given that this game must have been there for almost 10 years, I do not consider that after 10 years having 13 people online is a source of pride or a sign of success. If you think I'm wrong, it's not worth continuing to read because it's going to be harsh words, on the other hand, if you have the humility and the ability to realize that the game is dead and not fun at all, then I invite you to read my critical and cold analysis of what the game is, and they should regard it as a way to try to improve it, I'm not here to hurt sensibilities, even because I like the game, otherwise I would not bother writing this.

First of all, it's extremely difficult, if not impossible, for someone who starts playing now to be successful in the game, because the older players are full of money and valuable pokemons, I'm not saying that they have to do anything about the older players, none of this, have to create conditions for the younger players to grow in the game, and these conditions do not exist. Suppose a new player picks up some shiny tier 1 pokemons, which are still not easy to find, and decide to sell them. People who have money in the game will not want these pokemons, and the players who may eventually want to buy, do not have the money for it, the economy is strange in this game, they should do something about it, but I think this is not the most important point that I want to tell you.

As I said, in my opinion, this game is dead, and why? Because the game has no goals, there is nothing exciting to do, as simple as that. I know some will criticize me for saying this, but these people are the same 13 who were online even now, the other millions of people are playing another game any more fun. I think you need to create game enthusiasm, missions, individual missions, collective missions, serious goals, there's so much that can be implemented to make the game fun. You have barriers in your head that prevents you from making a better game in my opinion, are very formatted to the rules and following the pokemon story, this is a game, it is supposed to be fun and usually fun is not associated with reality. Forget the story, forget the other mmo games, forget everything you know, if someone wants to succeed at something they have to think out of the box, do things different from others, because if they just do the same as others , will always be a copy and will hardly reach a level of success, evolution means change and innovation, do not be afraid to risk, because less than 13 people to play will never have, so take initiative to change something. Look at the example of Pokemon Go, I do not play, and whether you like it or not, the truth is they have millions of people playing this time and we have 13, lol. The truth is that they made the game to please their audience and you do not, you put a lot of barriers on players, they do not try to follow the story, and we're talking about an official game, their objective was to innovate in the gaming market, and have given players a fun game, full of goals, and above all please their players, and when you please your audience, new players will appear and more success you do. The pokemon go players asked for legendary pokemons, and they gave it, that's how you win new players, made a game to thinking about them, your fun. When I here suggested the appearance of legendary pokemons everyone fell on top of me, everyone said I was wrong, the funny thing is that these people should be the same 13 who were online even now, because there are no more people playing. There are a lot more people in the world who want to have a legendary pokemon in their collection than to think that it is not a good idea, but here in this community, the few people who are still here are those who think in this selfish way and without context, and also that's why this game does not grow. Another example, if we search in google for mewtwo pokemon go, someone will come to explain how they can catch it, if we look for charizard shiny pokemon go, will also appear a video explaining the same, this my friends is advertising, and will motivate any one who likes pokemon to install the game, because in that game it is possible to catch the pokemon of each one like, and in the pwo it is not, that is another reason for the game to be a drought. Legends do not even exist, ok no problem, let's try to catch some shiny tier 3 pokemons. Lol? It takes hours spent in front of the computer to walk with the doll back and forth and every 5 seconds clicking on the "escape the battle" button to pick up a crap shiny weedle, I will not even talk about a pokemon tier 3 or more, because is simply ridiculous, and only someone sick from the head is going to waste precious years of life repeating the same secant ritual every day to try to find a virtual thing. Since when do you walk the doll from side to side for hours, days, months or even years, and not find the one you want, is it fun? This is frustrating and unhealthy, I think the goal of any game that wants to be succeed can not go by causing this feeling to its players, but who am I to say what is right and wrong. And that's one of the reasons why Pokemon go have millions of people playing and we have just 13 because they care about satisfy the desires of the players, and make the game appealing. Basically are hours of life wasted without giving any kind of pleasure to the player, neat subject matter.

Lastly, I wanted to talk about the starters. It is completely legitimate that you intend to make money with the game, 100% support and I think it is more than understandable and fair. But why do you entice people to spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars buying starters in the hope of having a shiny starter and that is virtually impossible? There is what I was saying, that is not how your players, your audience, are won and motivated. There are so many ways to make money with the game, but so many, just need to think a little. Each starter that a person buys is very expensive, and it is almost impossible to get a shiny one, that is, in this aspect the game becomes a bit pay to win, because a rich person easily gets a starter of each in shiny, but attention, has that have even rich, like Bill Gates or something. Do you think this is normal? I do not think, besides becoming pay to win, it is a desire that can only be achieved by someone who is really very rich. And besides, there are dozens of ideals that are much more profitable for you that could implement in the game, you can create skins for example, for the avatar or pokeballs, you can create mystery packs or boxes with pokemons, it's just a few ideas, there's so much you could do for people to spend money on your game without having to inhibit people from getting the main thing they look for in this game, the pokemons. Furthermore, I think that starters should be able to pick up in the game, instead of buying them, they are extremely expensive. Basically this is my analysis, you should meet as a team and think about giving a new life to the game, basically as if you started from zero, the first step would be to improve the game, MUCH BETTER IMPROVES, then try to raise people, advertise the game and finally think about decent ways to make money with the game. You do not need to put the expensive prices to make a lot of profit, you need people to play to spend money in the game, just that, the more people you have more money for you. And as the bad guy changes, I'm going to say goodbye to you, if someday the game becomes fun and engaging, then I'll be here to enjoy your game. My English, is not the best, so i'm sorry for murdering your language. Thank you.

Klay

Youngster
Welp, according to you, this game is "not fun", "has no goals", with "nothing exciting to do", aka a bad game. So why spending so much time writing blocks for a bad game instead of just downloading a better one?

Little notes (over that what I already said in Discord): shinies from Token Store are all IVs 7+, making most of them unusable in PvP, and avoiding this game to be P2W.
If a game, which use copyrighted contents like Pokémon, does advertising or earns significantly all lot of cash, it will receive a Cease & Desist letter from Nintendo pretty quickly.

On those words, sya o/

Towel

Youngster
Here is some harsh truth from you. People like you are the reason this game is dead (although it's not really dead, negative Nancys such as yourself just have to leave and it'll be fine within months). :)  You're the type of people who come online and discourage anyone from playing. Truth is, a lot has changed, and if you don't see it, you're free to go elsewhere. Mechanics have DRASTICALLY changed (moves work for one, including status moves, abilities work and more). Here is another truth: years ago there were goals, yes? Well same goals today. If you don't have a goal anymore, go elsewhere, don't ruin it for others. Answer is pretty simple, new players have to trade within themselves, and they will be fine. Also, I know players who've been here less than a month that are now richer than I am after 4000k + hours. If you're not around, and have no idea what is going on with staff, or how small the staff is,  you don't have a right to complain. But really, it's annoying to see stupid people not notice how hard the staff has worked on the mechanics of the game. It would be utterly stupid to add new content if they have to rewrite the whole thing because the mechanics have to be rewritten altogether. You talk about people not thinking very far, well here is some news to you, you don't either. I'm sorry not sorry for the insults.

Trainer5

Youngster
Man this game isn't as bad as you put it out to be, staff has said many times that new content is being worked on and I don't think this thread is gonna motivate them. They can't work on the game 24/7 and I think when sevii is done we will have new quests.Also "nothing fun to do"there are plenty of fun things to do that YOU don't want to look for. Find better shinies,catch them all,host a player made event and more, you don't judge a game that's in BETA right there and then.Like towel said people like you are the reason this game is dead (A new player who logs into the forums and sees this thread is gonna have second thoughts) and dont be so negative I've played for less than a year and I already think this game is great. IMO this is one of the only pokemon mmos that does pretty neat stuff and I'm surprised that after all this game has been through it's still standing as if nothing ever happened. The community of this game is as strong as ever because of that .If you don't have anything to do you can  just talk to people if you feel like it (I've met very interesting people here who always brighten up my day). If your decision is final then goodbye.

Shiny!Midou~

Youngster
hi for some reasons u remind me of trainer5 when he started when he was throwing ideas all around the forum while he didn't even knew how is this game .
could u explain what u mean by the game have no goals while u didn't even asked around what staff are doing for the game this period ?

KarashMaster92

Klay said:
Welp, according to you, this game is "not fun", "has no goals", with "nothing exciting to do", aka a bad game. So why spending so much time writing blocks for a bad game instead of just downloading a better one?

Little notes (over that what I already said in Discord): shinies from Token Store are all IVs 7+, making most of them unusable in PvP, and avoiding this game to be P2W.
If a game, which use copyrighted contents like Pokémon, does advertising or earns significantly all lot of cash, it will receive a Cease & Desist letter from Nintendo pretty quickly.

On those words, sya o/

I made it very clear that the purpose of this text is to try to improve the game, it's a constructive criticism, and you have to have the power to dock to accept it. I like the basics of the game, I always liked games like this, I already said that, but for me, what I like to do in this kind of games is pvp fights, but to be fun I need to get my favorite pokemons right ? Otherwise it's the same thing as going to play fifa and being forced to play always with a team of third division, but even if in the fifa it was so much easier to get the players you like and that is why it has millions of people playing. So, after this, my objetive in game was to  catch my favourite team, and as we do not have legendary pokemons, my favourite team would be s raichu, s alakazam, s dragonite, s charizard, s blastoise and s venusaur, so no tell me? It is possible to achieve? Of course not, its worst than a mission impossible, it took like 30 years playing with lucky, and that is not fun att all. 

What you just said about starters is another thing I do not like in this game, why are you going to make the shiny starters weaker than the other shinys? Did not know that you talked about nintendo, but since that's why they do not create spawns for starters and make money in another way? And the fact that you can not advertise, does not prevent the game has many people to play, if the game is good, it advertises by itself.

Trainer5

Youngster
You can't always get pokes you want and those are all possible to get(trade and token store and with determination hunt for a shiny pika and evolve it also try to hunt for a shiny kadabra etc) and also MS is not guaranteed shiny encounter .

KarashMaster92

Mr.Toweliiiiie said:
Here is some harsh truth from you. People like you are the reason this game is dead (although it's not really dead, negative Nancys such as yourself just have to leave and it'll be fine within months). :)  You're the type of people who come online and discourage anyone from playing. Truth is, a lot has changed, and if you don't see it, you're free to go elsewhere. Mechanics have DRASTICALLY changed (moves work for one, including status moves, abilities work and more). Here is another truth: years ago there were goals, yes? Well same goals today. If you don't have a goal anymore, go elsewhere, don't ruin it for others. Answer is pretty simple, new players have to trade within themselves, and they will be fine. Also, I know players who've been here less than a month that are now richer than I am after 4000k + hours. If you're not around, and have no idea what is going on with staff, or how small the staff is,  you don't have a right to complain. But really, it's annoying to see stupid people not notice how hard the staff has worked on the mechanics of the game. It would be utterly stupid to add new content if they have to rewrite the whole thing because the mechanics have to be rewritten altogether. You talk about people not thinking very far, well here is some news to you, you don't either. I'm sorry not sorry for the insults.

I am not negative, I am realistic, a game that has 13 people online even if it is on time with less affluence is a dead game. Secondly, I am not dismaying anyone to play, I am giving my opinion and nothing I said is a lie. Also did not say that there were things that have changed, I have talked about significant changes, can you see the difference? And you can insult at will, even make me laugh, a person who tries to defend something but has no arguments, I liked. The funny thing is that the people who think like you are the few that are still here, the other thousands of people think like me, that is why they are not here, you get it now?

Towel

Youngster
KarashMaster92 said:
what I like to do in this kind of games is pvp fights, but to be fun I need to get my favorite pokemons right ? Otherwise it's the same thing as going to play fifa and being forced to play always with a team of third division, but even if in the fifa it was so much easier to get the players you like and that is why it has millions of people playing. So, after this, my objetive in game was to  catch my favourite team, and as we do not have legendary pokemons, my favourite team would be s raichu, s alakazam, s dragonite, s charizard, s blastoise and s venusaur, so no tell me? It is possible to achieve? Of course not, its worst than a mission impossible, it took like 30 years playing with lucky, and that is not fun att all. 

The fact you say you like to PvP the most shows me just how little you know about the changes that  happened over the years. The vast majority of changes directly affect PvP. Also you seem to be missing the point of PvP altogether. You seem to think the fun is about having all shiny teams of  extremely rare pokemon. Of course you will be disapointed, you will be disappointed in every pokemon game. Why don't you go try making this team in the handheld versions, you will spend MUCH more time doing it there. PvP is not about all shiny teams, you don't NEED all shiny teams. If you think there are no possibilties for teams, again, you haven't taken notice of the changes over the years. Please take notice of the changes before complaining.

KarashMaster92 said:
I am not negative, I am realistic, a game that has 13 people online even if it is on time with less affluence is a dead game. Secondly, I am not dismaying anyone to play, I am giving my opinion and nothing I said is a lie. Also did not say that there were things that have changed, I have talked about significant changes, can you see the difference? And you can insult at will, even make me laugh, a person who tries to defend something but has no arguments, I liked. The funny thing is that the people who think like you are the few that are still here, the other thousands of people think like me, that is why they are not here, you get it now?

Have I seen significant changes? Yes, I have. As a person who loves PvP, the changes are DRASTIC.  You cleary haven't taken notice of any of the changes.

Trainer5

Youngster
NEWS FLASH: there are waaaay more than 13 people online rn and you should've seen how many people were online during the bird party(It was an event earlier this year) numbers went up to more than 60.

KarashMaster92

Trainer5 said:
Man this game isn't as bad as you put it out to be, staff has said many times that new content is being worked on and I don't think this thread is gonna motivate them. They can't work on the game 24/7 and I think when sevii is done we will have new quests.Also "nothing fun to do"there are plenty of fun things to do that YOU don't want to look for. Find better shinies,catch them all,host a player made event and more, you don't judge a game that's in BETA right there and then.Like towel said people like you are the reason this game is dead (A new player who logs into the forums and sees this thread is gonna have second thoughts) and dont be so negative I've played for less than a year and I already think this game is great. IMO this is one of the only pokemon mmos that does pretty neat stuff and I'm surprised that after all this game has been through it's still standing as if nothing ever happened. The community of this game is as strong as ever because of that .If you don't have anything to do you can  just talk to people if you feel like it (I've met very interesting people here who always brighten up my day). If your decision is final then goodbye.

I know they can not work in the game 24 hours a day, of course not, but there's a lot of stuff I said that if they want to do it, they will do it in an instant, the problem is that they do not want to do. Dude my goal is to pick up the shinys I like, but 3 of them are only available in the mart and are extremely expensive, and the others are impossible to catch, I think I get first the lottery than I get some decent shine.

Of course people like me are the reason for this game to be dead, if we take into account all the people in the world who like pokemons, 98% think like me, maybe they should make a game to think of most people, I do not know I. Of course there are also good things like you said, if I had not I was not here trying to change this mentality. In relation to the community, it may even be strong as you say, but it is very small, the smallest one I have ever seen in a game, that's why it's strong, and they send away any new players who disagree with them, and the staff only hear people who are already here, that is why the game does not grow nor will grow, it is necessary to change the mentality.

Trainer5 said:
NEWS FLASH: there are waaaay more than 13 people online rn and you should've seen how many people were online during the bird party(It was an event earlier this year) numbers went up to more than 60.

Man, i really like you xD You're funny and explain the things in a good way, but 60 people on a special event you consider too much, i dont want to desapoint you but there are 11,2 billions of people in the world, just a little bit more than 60 xD

Look man, if you said it is possible to get the shinys i told you, just tell me, how much of those you got? None right? And how many do you saw? "oh, one time I saw a shiny dratiny", lol, in 10 years of game there is one or two players with a shiny dratini for exemple, thats not funny in my oppinion, thats boring and waste of time.

KarashMaster92

Mr.Toweliiiiie said:
KarashMaster92 said:
what I like to do in this kind of games is pvp fights, but to be fun I need to get my favorite pokemons right ? Otherwise it's the same thing as going to play fifa and being forced to play always with a team of third division, but even if in the fifa it was so much easier to get the players you like and that is why it has millions of people playing. So, after this, my objetive in game was to  catch my favourite team, and as we do not have legendary pokemons, my favourite team would be s raichu, s alakazam, s dragonite, s charizard, s blastoise and s venusaur, so no tell me? It is possible to achieve? Of course not, its worst than a mission impossible, it took like 30 years playing with lucky, and that is not fun att all. 

The fact you say you like to PvP the most shows me just how little you know about the changes that  happened over the years. The vast majority of changes directly affect PvP. Also you seem to be missing the point of PvP altogether. You seem to think the fun is about having all shiny teams of  extremely rare pokemon. Of course you will be disapointed, you will be disappointed in every pokemon game. Why don't you go try making this team in the handheld versions, you will spend MUCH more time doing it there. PvP is not about all shiny teams, you don't NEED all shiny teams. If you think there are no possibilties for teams, again, you haven't taken notice of the changes over the years. Please take notice of the changes before complaining.

KarashMaster92 said:

Have I seen significant changes? Yes, I have. As a person who loves PvP, the changes are DRASTIC.  You cleary haven't taken notice of any of the changes.

Now I like your answer, did you. You don't need to offend to be right.

I am not saying that you are not right, but why is so impossible to get the goals, in this case my goals, if this is a game and is supposed to be funny? Tell me about those pokemons I told you, how many do you got since you are playing like 3 years?

leftyy

Klay said:

The reason for his post is because he is trying to provide criticism for a game he clearly feels/felt very passionate for.

Mr.Toweliiiiie said:
Here is some harsh truth from you. People like you are the reason this game is dead (although it's not really dead, negative Nancys such as yourself just have to leave and it'll be fine within months). :)  You're the type of people who come online and discourage anyone from playing. Truth is, a lot has changed, and if you don't see it, you're free to go elsewhere. Mechanics have DRASTICALLY changed (moves work for one, including status moves, abilities work and more).

Saying people like him is a reason why this game is "dead" is taking it way out of proportion I think.

Mr.Toweliiiiie said:
Here is another truth: years ago there were goals, yes? Well same goals today. If you don't have a goal anymore, go elsewhere, don't ruin it for others. Answer is pretty simple, new players have to trade within themselves, and they will be fine.

This doesn't really mean anything. If the goals from years ago are still the same today, doesn't that mean there hasn't been any new content? How will this game try to keep old players active if that's the case then?

Mr.Toweliiiiie said:
If you're not around, and have no idea what is going on with staff, or how small the staff is,  you don't have a right to complain. But really, it's annoying to see stupid people not notice how hard the staff has worked on the mechanics of the game. It would be utterly stupid to add new content if they have to rewrite the whole thing because the mechanics have to be rewritten altogether. You talk about people not thinking very far, well here is some news to you, you don't either. I'm sorry not sorry for the insults.

While I don't agree with most of OP's points, he has the right to voice his opinion. I'm sure the staff are working harsh with the game, they've had some of the same members for many, many years, which shows just how determined the staff are working on this game. But the reality is the game is much weaker population wise than it once was. Looking through the website and forums you can clearly see that posts happen very infrequently, as soon as I open up the forums I can see that the changelogs forum hasn't been updated in almost a year. Look at the PWO main page, you can clearly see how infrequent events are in this game, with the Halloween event still on the front page. Their official twitter page is also completely dead in content. There's rarely anything of value on the Twitter page. Sure, the staff are doing all they can to improve the game, but it's clear content is slow, and not strong enough to bring in waves of new players. If the staff intend to keep spending their time on the game, they need to get a reason to bring players in. Having an online game with little to no players is redundant.

That being said, the game isn't dead. There are clearly players like you who still value the game, and that is incredible, but lashing out and being aggressive on anyone for being negative is just immature. The staff again are clearly working on this game. However the rate of updates and how often they make announcements or just updates in general on what they're doing to try and improve the game seems fairly inconsistent. I see a New Years reflection by Rigaudon in 2017 which highlights what they thought of the year and what they want to improve, which is great. What about 2018? I'll be honest, based on the changelogs/announcements, I'm confused as to what they're doing at the moment. What are they waiting for to try and bring in a new wave of players, and do they have a plan? I don't know, and nothing hints at it. If I have to dive deep into the forums to find some answers then that's clearly not good enough communication. It doesn't help that there are posts from 3+ years ago still pinned as well under announcements. It makes the game look like it's not being updated.

Isguros

Youngster
Here is the honest opinion of who played some time pwo a few years ago and came back now, however much it takes to accept this is the reality in my opinion. The game did not have any significant evolution, at this time is a dead game, even now I was playing and there were 13 people online, and given that this game must have been there for almost 10 years, I do not consider that after 10 years having 13 people online is a source of pride or a sign of success. If you think I'm wrong, it's not worth continuing to read because it's going to be harsh words, on the other hand, if you have the humility and the ability to realize that the game is dead and not fun at all, then I invite you to read my critical and cold analysis of what the game is, and they should regard it as a way to try to improve it, I'm not here to hurt sensibilities, even because I like the game, otherwise I would not bother writing this.

First of all, it's extremely difficult, if not impossible, for someone who starts playing now to be successful in the game, because the older players are full of money and valuable pokemons, I'm not saying that they have to do anything about the older players, none of this, have to create conditions for the younger players to grow in the game, and these conditions do not exist. Suppose a new player picks up some shiny tier 1 pokemons, which are still not easy to find, and decide to sell them. People who have money in the game will not want these pokemons, and the players who may eventually want to buy, do not have the money for it, the economy is strange in this game, they should do something about it, but I think this is not the most important point that I want to tell you.

As I said, in my opinion, this game is dead, and why? Because the game has no goals, there is nothing exciting to do, as simple as that. I know some will criticize me for saying this, but these people are the same 13 who were online even now, the other millions of people are playing another game any more fun. I think you need to create game enthusiasm, missions, individual missions, collective missions, serious goals, there's so much that can be implemented to make the game fun. You have barriers in your head that prevents you from making a better game in my opinion, are very formatted to the rules and following the pokemon story, this is a game, it is supposed to be fun and usually fun is not associated with reality. Forget the story, forget the other mmo games, forget everything you know, if someone wants to succeed at something they have to think out of the box, do things different from others, because if they just do the same as others , will always be a copy and will hardly reach a level of success, evolution means change and innovation, do not be afraid to risk, because less than 13 people to play will never have, so take initiative to change something. Look at the example of Pokemon Go, I do not play, and whether you like it or not, the truth is they have millions of people playing this time and we have 13, lol. The truth is that they made the game to please their audience and you do not, you put a lot of barriers on players, they do not try to follow the story, and we're talking about an official game, their objective was to innovate in the gaming market, and have given players a fun game, full of goals, and above all please their players, and when you please your audience, new players will appear and more success you do. The pokemon go players asked for legendary pokemons, and they gave it, that's how you win new players, made a game to thinking about them, your fun. When I here suggested the appearance of legendary pokemons everyone fell on top of me, everyone said I was wrong, the funny thing is that these people should be the same 13 who were online even now, because there are no more people playing. There are a lot more people in the world who want to have a legendary pokemon in their collection than to think that it is not a good idea, but here in this community, the few people who are still here are those who think in this selfish way and without context, and also that's why this game does not grow. Another example, if we search in google for mewtwo pokemon go, someone will come to explain how they can catch it, if we look for charizard shiny pokemon go, will also appear a video explaining the same, this my friends is advertising, and will motivate any one who likes pokemon to install the game, because in that game it is possible to catch the pokemon of each one like, and in the pwo it is not, that is another reason for the game to be a drought. Legends do not even exist, ok no problem, let's try to catch some shiny tier 3 pokemons. Lol? It takes hours spent in front of the computer to walk with the doll back and forth and every 5 seconds clicking on the "escape the battle" button to pick up a crap shiny weedle, I will not even talk about a pokemon tier 3 or more, because is simply ridiculous, and only someone sick from the head is going to waste precious years of life repeating the same secant ritual every day to try to find a virtual thing. Since when do you walk the doll from side to side for hours, days, months or even years, and not find the one you want, is it fun? This is frustrating and unhealthy, I think the goal of any game that wants to be succeed can not go by causing this feeling to its players, but who am I to say what is right and wrong. And that's one of the reasons why Pokemon go have millions of people playing and we have just 13 because they care about satisfy the desires of the players, and make the game appealing. Basically are hours of life wasted without giving any kind of pleasure to the player, neat subject matter.

Lastly, I wanted to talk about the starters. It is completely legitimate that you intend to make money with the game, 100% support and I think it is more than understandable and fair. But why do you entice people to spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars buying starters in the hope of having a shiny starter and that is virtually impossible? There is what I was saying, that is not how your players, your audience, are won and motivated. There are so many ways to make money with the game, but so many, just need to think a little. Each starter that a person buys is very expensive, and it is almost impossible to get a shiny one, that is, in this aspect the game becomes a bit pay to win, because a rich person easily gets a starter of each in shiny, but attention, has that have even rich, like Bill Gates or something. Do you think this is normal? I do not think, besides becoming pay to win, it is a desire that can only be achieved by someone who is really very rich. And besides, there are dozens of ideals that are much more profitable for you that could implement in the game, you can create skins for example, for the avatar or pokeballs, you can create mystery packs or boxes with pokemons, it's just a few ideas, there's so much you could do for people to spend money on your game without having to inhibit people from getting the main thing they look for in this game, the pokemons. Furthermore, I think that starters should be able to pick up in the game, instead of buying them, they are extremely expensive. Basically this is my analysis, you should meet as a team and think about giving a new life to the game, basically as if you started from zero, the first step would be to improve the game, MUCH BETTER IMPROVES, then try to raise people, advertise the game and finally think about decent ways to make money with the game. You do not need to put the expensive prices to make a lot of profit, you need people to play to spend money in the game, just that, the more people you have more money for you. And as the bad guy changes, I'm going to say goodbye to you, if someday the game becomes fun and engaging, then I'll be here to enjoy your game. My English, is not the best, so i'm sorry for murdering your language. Thank you.

#BlameLUA

Trainer5

Youngster
You don't know how hard people worked on this game and saying it's "not fun" and saying it "has no exiting things" just isn't cool.If you think it's THAT easy I'd like to see you try making a pokemon game,keeping the server up ,thinking of ways to implement the best features without damaging the economy,gathering a team AND a large community AND keeping it stable while going through issues irl to top it all off stay off nintendo's radar. If that sounds hard then well..you know what they're going through, period.

Trainer5

Youngster
I know they can not work in the game 24 hours a day, of course not, but there's a lot of stuff I said that if they want to do it, they will do it in an instant, the problem is that they do not want to do. 
[/quote]
If you think it's that easy i'd like to see you try(I end my replying here)

KarashMaster92

leftyy said:
Klay said:

The reason for his post is because he is trying to provide criticism for a game he clearly feels/felt very passionate for.

Mr.Toweliiiiie said:
Here is some harsh truth from you. People like you are the reason this game is dead (although it's not really dead, negative Nancys such as yourself just have to leave and it'll be fine within months). :)  You're the type of people who come online and discourage anyone from playing. Truth is, a lot has changed, and if you don't see it, you're free to go elsewhere. Mechanics have DRASTICALLY changed (moves work for one, including status moves, abilities work and more).

Saying people like him is a reason why this game is "dead" is taking it way out of proportion I think.

Mr.Toweliiiiie said:
Here is another truth: years ago there were goals, yes? Well same goals today. If you don't have a goal anymore, go elsewhere, don't ruin it for others. Answer is pretty simple, new players have to trade within themselves, and they will be fine.

This doesn't really mean anything. If the goals from years ago are still the same today, doesn't that mean there hasn't been any new content? How will this game try to keep old players active if that's the case then?

Mr.Toweliiiiie said:
If you're not around, and have no idea what is going on with staff, or how small the staff is,  you don't have a right to complain. But really, it's annoying to see stupid people not notice how hard the staff has worked on the mechanics of the game. It would be utterly stupid to add new content if they have to rewrite the whole thing because the mechanics have to be rewritten altogether. You talk about people not thinking very far, well here is some news to you, you don't either. I'm sorry not sorry for the insults.

While I don't agree with most of OP's points, he has the right to voice his opinion. I'm sure the staff are working harsh with the game, they've had some of the same members for many, many years, which shows just how determined the staff are working on this game. But the reality is the game is much weaker population wise than it once was. Looking through the website and forums you can clearly see that posts happen very infrequently, as soon as I open up the forums I can see that the changelogs forum hasn't been updated in almost a year. Look at the PWO main page, you can clearly see how infrequent events are in this game, with the Halloween event still on the front page. Their official twitter page is also completely dead in content. There's rarely anything of value on the Twitter page. Sure, the staff are doing all they can to improve the game, but it's clear content is slow, and not strong enough to bring in waves of new players. If the staff intend to keep spending their time on the game, they need to get a reason to bring players in. Having an online game with little to no players is redundant.

That being said, the game isn't dead. There are clearly players like you who still value the game, and that is incredible, but lashing out and being aggressive on anyone for being negative is just immature. The staff again are clearly working on this game. However the rate of updates and how often they make announcements or just updates in general on what they're doing to try and improve the game seems fairly inconsistent. I see a New Years reflection by Rigaudon in 2017 which highlights what they thought of the year and what they want to improve, which is great. What about 2018? I'll be honest, based on the changelogs/announcements, I'm confused as to what they're doing at the moment. What are they waiting for to try and bring in a new wave of players, and do they have a plan? I don't know, and nothing hints at it. If I have to dive deep into the forums to find some answers then that's clearly not good enough communication. It doesn't help that there are posts from 3+ years ago still pinned as well under announcements. It makes the game look like it's not being updated.

Congrats, someone who despite not agreeing with everything I said has a very good power of understanding and reflection. You were the only who realized that i love this game, and i'm just trying to improve it, you are smart dude, because the reality is that no one is playing this game, 60 people is nothing. And about negativity, thats not true, i'm realistic man, can you tell me how long it takes to get one of those shinys that i told? I asked for some people, they said me years for each one. Thats too much for me, sorry, i have life but when im home i like to play pwo, but is impossible to get the pokes i like, so there are no objectives for me, can you understand this?

Trainer5 said:
I know they can not work in the game 24 hours a day, of course not, but there's a lot of stuff I said that if they want to do it, they will do it in an instant, the problem is that they do not want to do. 
If you think it's that easy i'd like to see you try(I end my replying here)
[/quote]

It's not the area that competes with me, it's their area, it was they who bet on it and probably studied for this area of work.

DeZoLa

Youngster
TO >> (Isguros) .
Its not me with a fake acount, but as you can see iam not alone :p

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
I don't have time to read this all right now. I will just make a couple of points.

We cannot make money. We have already received a cease and desist letter years ago even with no profit. The game closed down for months while we considered our options. In short it's lucky we are still around at all.

We are definitely in a development lull right now. It's not our first by a long shot and won't be our last. But I for one won't call the game dead until it really does officially close down. We had a major update only a few months ago and are just waiting on people to have the time to move things along to the next stage. With volunteers who have to create time for no money while still having to meet their own needs irl this could take more time than you want it to- and probably will- but as long as we keep the game going in the mean time, it can and probably will still happen. And every major update moves us closer to a more complete, more self-sustaining game.

I think some of the things the OP has stated in his post are at least partly erroneous.

It's quite random to say that players are forced to buy starters from the token store to get shinies. If you want a shiny in this game- at least a rare one- then it will be difficult no matter which path you choose. That's the way it should be. If not, they would no longer be special or desirable, just a pokemon that sparkles in your team or boxes compared to the ones that don't with no other meaning to them at all. To note also, the reasons we stopped the starter shiny chance when you start an account had nothing to do with real money. They had to do with technical issues and illegal starter farming.

Players can also still progress and make money, even starting from the beginning. I've seen that time and again over the years where players have built up amazing accounts in a short space of time. It does depend on what your goals are. If you want to measure up to players with thousands of hours playing time over 10 years in this game in a short time then maybe your expectations are a little bit too high?

The two main issues we have right now as I see it are that we have a lack of active staff working on new content and bringing it into the game right now, and the small player base. The first issue leaves long term players bored, waiting for that new content to arrive- but still with things to do if they enjoy the game enough to bother. The second issue is the main cause of most economic and trade issues today- with more players more pokemon etc. will be available to buy and more pokemon and items will be in demand so selling will also be easier.

PWO has always needed one thing. Patience. Changes will happen when we can make them happen- and as soon as we can.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
Your brain is dead if you think this game is so dead. Enjoy the game for what it is or go on. Kind of a rude post consider how much you have been getting helped by players on this dead game. PWO is just like life, you can't always get what you want. But what you can do is make the best of what the game provides. Best of luck, and I hope you find happiness on this game, if not then there is no reason to stay. PWO has a great community, we don't need such negativity.